PDA

View Full Version : Forget the monkeys! Bring on the cats!

mrdefender
20th Jan 2003, 06:12
This is cute (according to my sis, a big fan of cats.. thats why we have 3 ;) )

I believe it requires Macromedia flash.. http://www.macromedia.com/software/ for them. or visit the link and it will tell you what you need (if you dont have it).

http://jeeptalk.org/crack/smilies/kao/otn/cat.gif http://www.rathergood.com/independent_woman/ http://jeeptalk.org/crack/smilies/kao/otn/cat.gif

It's the Independent Woman song. (thats why there's the /independent_women/ on the rathergood.com site....)

http://www.smilies.nl/party/dance.gifhttp://www.smilies.nl/party/dance2.gifhttp://www.smilies.nl/party/dance.gif

I hope you like it :Dhttp://www.smilies.nl/iconss/iconMisc6.gif

Rook
20th Jan 2003, 08:40
LOL Yep, that's a pretty good one! I love the one playing the xylophone! Too cute! http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/survali/icon10.gif

mrdefender
20th Jan 2003, 20:40
The first time I saw it. I laughed so loud I woke up my dad. :)

It is very cute. The xylophone kitty is the best.

The Singing cat was just wierd.. you couldnt hear anything he (we use he/her for animals too? right?) was saying. The cigarette didnt look good on him either.. :)

Though.. cats do have 9 lives :) But they would go out quickly if you smoke..

Rook
21st Jan 2003, 09:35
I saw it awhile ago in the Community Chat forum. Then I emailed it to my mom. Pretty funny stuff. :D

Can't say I had too difficult a time understanding the guy, though. He just repeats the same line over and over and over...

mrdefender
21st Jan 2003, 20:45
yah, but how many times did he have to repeat it for you to know what he's saying? :)

Rook
22nd Jan 2003, 08:49
Just once. But then, I listen to that kind of music quite a bit, so it gets a little easier to pick up on those things. :)

mrdefender
22nd Jan 2003, 23:09
Yah. I dont listen to fast music (faster than normal...). The fastest song I've listend to was 'One Week' which had like one paragraph in 2 seconds :)

Rook
23rd Jan 2003, 07:05
I don't necessarily listen to a lot of "fast" music (though some of it is), but I do listen to a lot of British bands.:D

mrdefender
23rd Jan 2003, 21:20
I dont listen to music much.. If so, im more of a Movie Soundtrack/Game Soundtrack guy.

I got 2 cd's worth of MP3s (980 MB). And I dont listen to them often. Dunno why I keep em, I guess for the few times I listen to them.

Rook
24th Jan 2003, 09:16
Oooh, I got lotza movie soundtracks! I love John Williams's stuff (Star Wars, Superman, Hook, etc)!! And I've always liked Danny Elfman's music, too (The Batman Films, Men In Black, Spider-Man, Edward Scissorhands, etc).

Right now, I'm trying to find a copy of the Lord Of The Rings (either film) soundtrack.

mrdefender
24th Jan 2003, 21:40
I dont know many of the artists. I know of Phil Collins. I got 3 or 4 songs on my comp (but I got like 8 of his cds :) )

I got lots of music cd's at the back of my room. Alot of em are 'copies'. We had a 200 CD player, with nearly 95% full (its one of those cd players that 'know' which spots are used). When my parents got divorced, my mom took the 200 cd changer and the cds inside. So We had to do copies so everyone would be happy. (I'm like, yay! We have cd's!! All we need now is a cd player. :rolleyes: )

Let me take a look at what Soundtracks I got...

Hmm...

007 Die Another Day
Phil Collins' - Dance Into The Light
Space Jam
Star Wars: Episode 2 - Attack Of The Clones
Descent 3 (game, the official site had downloadable mp3s.)
Spider-Man
Mission Imposible (1/Original)
007 Die Another Day
2 cds of downloaded MP3s (Tv Themes)
Myst 3 Exile (I had the Collector's edition, it came with a music cd)
Tomb Raider (the movie soundtrack)
C&C Tiberian Sun (collector's edition, came with music cd)
C&C RedAlert2 (collector's edition, .....)
Men In Black
Armageddon
Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force (only Voyager game..)
'The #1 Sci-Fi Album' (mostly starwars and star trek themes)
Batman & Robin (or Forever)
The Matrix
Tarzan (the latest disney movie.. not the old ones.. A Phill Collins Only CD :) He even got a .. em... oscar? (what award is for music?)
Shrek

Rook
25th Jan 2003, 08:51
Whoa! My collection isn't nearly that big.:o I only have a few soundtracks, mostly from the ones I've already mentioned. There just don't seem to be a lot of places around here that sell cd soundtracks. This city really is a drag sometimes... :o :D

mrdefender
26th Jan 2003, 00:04
Geez. Send in the chief for a weekly spirit dance and supplies, you're in the middle of nowhere!!

I got like 3/4 of that list as xmas or bday gifts. (like the one that came with the game.. )

The only soundtracks I remember buying is Spider-Man, Die Another Day, Episode 2 (honestly, its not that good.. episode 1 soundtrack with the 1 crossed out... ;) )

Well. Tarzan is a gift from my dad.. which he payed with my monney.. So.. em.. Does that count as a gift? Or a treat to myself? :) (he needed 20 bucks for something.. didnt say what)

Rook
26th Jan 2003, 08:10
Yeah, this town is sort of a sorry little pit of nothingness. The only two places around here that did sell movie soundtracks both closed down. I'm reduced to copying stuff I get from the library.

Oops! Did I say that?!:o

;) :D

mrdefender
27th Jan 2003, 05:51
They have movie soundtracks in/at a library? Wow!

Rook
27th Jan 2003, 07:10
Whoa! Now you're in the middle of nowhere!

;) Kidding. :D

Yeah, we've got a little library up the street that has a few movie soundtracks, and if I don't find what I'm looking for there, I can get on the Net and have whatever soundtrack I'm looking for sent from another library to the library I live closest to. Pretty easy to get my hands on just about any title, and I kind of have to do it that way, coz of the aforementioned lack of decent music stores in this pitiful little city... :o :D

mrdefender
27th Jan 2003, 20:26
We dont have a library 'close' to where we are, but theres one about 30 mins drive from here.. No movie soundtracks.. They have computers but its a network that doesnt allow downloads of stuff other than all pictures formats.. :/

Well.. It has books, more books and even more books... :D

I haven't been there in ages... I think I was in the 5 to 7th year of school... After 8 (9+), we had lots of comps in the library. Teachers could 'reserve' the library for research

Rook
28th Jan 2003, 07:28
Our library has books (of course), magazines, videos, DVDs, CDs, and God only knows what all else. Seems a little odd to hear of a library that only has books...;)

I'm trying to get hold of some books on costume design. I want to make a Renaissance costume, so I don't have to buy it at a faire and pay a gzillion dollars for it.:D

mrdefender
29th Jan 2003, 00:49
I might just have to go to the library. I might find that we have all that here..

When you think about it.. how was the technology 7 years ago? The fastest computer that was out was what? 100MHZ ? :/

Dont see myself playing many games on that :D

Well, they'd come with natural bullet time :)

Rook
29th Jan 2003, 02:04
Too true. Funny how techno-stuff gets outdated so quickly. Well, 10 years isn't exactly quickly, I guess. But the computer I just got a little less than 2 years ago is already old news. ***sigh*** :rolleyes:

:D

mrdefender
29th Jan 2003, 06:04
The bad thing is when you get in the GHZ.. people still think in MHZ..

1.2 GHZ when you got a 2.2GHZ .. it might sound small, but its 1000 MHZ MORE!!!

give or take.. I think in comp lingo.. its 1024 things. 1024 bytes = 1 KB, 1024 KB = 1MB... 1024MB = 1GB (I think...).

I know that the 1024 bytes = 1KB. I had a 1023 bytes sized document, added a character (1 character=1byte) and it turned into 1 KB. I just streched it to fit kb, mb, gb..

Rook
29th Jan 2003, 08:47
http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/andomi/stars.gif

You lost me.....

Just kidding! :p

mrdefender
29th Jan 2003, 19:09
1 character = 1 byte (1 character is basicly 1 button.. enter is a character, space bar is a character... etc...). In notepad.. cause all the 'bold' 'italic' and stuff like that from more popular word processors (microsoft word, corel wordperfect, etc..) use a character.

It's like on this forum.. we all know that for bold its <b>(letter></b> (replace the <'s with [ and >'s with ]) But in the actual post.. it looks like 1 character.

example: A = 1 character, A = 8 characters. (2 b's, 1 a, 4 [] and 1 /)

So. 1024 bytes (1024 characters) would make the file exactly 1 KB (thus, 1KB = 1024 bytes/characters).

Continuing on this principle, I assumed/assume that 1024KB is 1 MB. 1024MB = 1 GB. 1024 GB = ??? I dont think anyone's gone here yet.. I dont even think computers (as in windows, as in microsoft) support it..

Who would need 1024 GB ??? thats 25.6 40GB drives!!!!! (ok.. I know I screwed this up.. cause that sounds wrong.. 26 40GB for the next level?)

I took a A+ course, (had to quit, I couldnt physically do it.. Our co-op was in a basement and the washroom was like over 500meters (my pedometer.. records how many meters you walk) and I always did 5 km of walking in one day..

I CANT DO THAT!! I had to stay in bed with a morphine pill (or codeine) for the pain. (yes, they had to give me morphine at one point.)

Now that's bad! Morphine is like the strongest pain killer. (I think Marawana ? is the strongest. I hear thats what they give to terminally ill people like those who have aids/HIV.).

Anyways. Check on the net for the computer things. I know I got the b = kb thing right :) the mb sounds right too.. so does the GB.. but the next level is the one that really gets me :confused:

I dont even know what its supposed to be.. TB? (terra byte?). RRRBB? (really really really big byte?) :)

Runtime
29th Jan 2003, 23:02
Originally posted by mrdefender
1024MB = 1 GB. 1024 GB = ??? I dont think anyone's gone here yet.. I dont even think computers (as in windows, as in microsoft) support it..

1000 GB = 1 TB or Tera byte and yes XP will see it just fine. ;)

mrdefender
29th Jan 2003, 23:39
you sure thats right? everything is at the power of 8 (or 8th power? im roughly translating from french here..). It should be 1024....

jumps on the google.com search engine to find awnsers..

Xp really does see TB drives?? eesh. Who has a TB HD? (TeraByte HardDrive).

Runtime
30th Jan 2003, 00:39
Technically it is 1024 but most hardware manufactures use 1000 to make their products look better. i.e. a 20GB hard drive is really 19GB formatted. (some space is lost to the formatting process)

I saw an XP box with one 120GB hard drive and six 180GB hard drives. Formatted as two drives. (20GB and 1.xTB) You need the small partition to boot from. (20GB is small? :p) I would bet that NT and 2000 would also see TB drives.

mrdefender
30th Jan 2003, 05:20
20GB isn't really small.. its just not as big as it was ..

Games now (Unreal 2, Earth & Beyond) require 3GB. .. Install 2 or 3 games like that, thats almost half of the 20GB Drive...

My teacher always said that its not whats in the comp that matters, its what you intend to do with it.

So like a 500mhz with 15GB (lets say thats it). Is fine for people who want to surf the web and do homework on.. I wouldnt play games on it though :)

Still can't believe we can get that high (TB) :/ :D

Rook
30th Jan 2003, 06:41
http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/andomi/stars.gif

You lost me again.....

This time, I'm not kidding.... :o ;) :D

mrdefender
30th Jan 2003, 18:20
On what part?

Get a comp and meets ur needs? You dont need a 2.6 GHZ if you want to do homework, listen to music and surf the web... get like a 500MHZ...

I wouldnt play games on a 500MHZ. We passed that threshold in august of 2002 I believe. We're now in the 750MHZ+ . Not to mention the fact games take ALOT more room than they used to.

Unreal 2 has 3GB Required... Install the game 3-4 times and you've got /more than/ half of the drive used up (the 20GB)

And.. I still can't believe we've reached TB (Terra Byte, it comes after GB (giga byte)).

Rook
30th Jan 2003, 19:23
I'm no good with numbers. Just give me a computer and tell me it's got lots of goodies and plenty of free space to save things, and I'm good to go.:D

mrdefender
31st Jan 2003, 00:42
I'm just into computers alot.

Rook
31st Jan 2003, 10:36
So am I--just not the numbers part of it.;) I'm the drawing, writing, gaming, forum cruising freak. After that, the techno thing is a mystery.:o ;) :D

mrdefender
31st Jan 2003, 19:21
I have no computer (and non-computer) artistic talent.

The best I've done so far was to use paint brush and add a line with an arrow telling players where to go :)

I've been working on this for the past 2 weeks appx. working on a simplistic webpage for it.

http://forums.commanderbond.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7995

The game is James Bond 007: Night Fire for PC. Good Bond game.. Only Bond Game for PC ?

Rook
1st Feb 2003, 11:53
Coolness!! :cool:

I'm not good with much of anything involving computers (artsy or otherwise). I just like playing around with the one I've got. Heck, I finally found a site with some good size pictures I can print up to draw. Thank God! I haven't done a portrait in almost two years. I'm reeeally out of practice.....

mrdefender
1st Feb 2003, 19:54
Look on the bright side, you in more/better practice than I :)

Yah. It took me a while to get that. The game isnt screenshot friendly. I had to do printscreen, push the 'start menu keyboard button' (if I did alt-tab, the game would remain black when I got back in), open paint brush, past, save, click on the game in the start menu bar (... where the windows go when you minimize.. ) and continue playing...

:/

Ofcourse, when I'm done taking the pics, someone passes me the 'code' (command) to take screenshots :mad:

Better late than never I guess :)

Rook
2nd Feb 2003, 06:59
LOL

I usually just use printscreen myself. Alt Tab doesn't seem to work quite as well anytime I try it. And I don't really have a whole lot of reason to use it anyway. Soul Reaver is the only game I've ever taken screens of. I don't really have a lot of PC games, that's why. Most of mine are PS.

mrdefender
3rd Feb 2003, 02:58
im not a screen taker aswell.. i just take captures when something odd happens.. stuff thats hard to believe or funny. stuff actually worth 'saving'.

Like a leg holding on to a rocket launcher... :/ (my player gibbed)

I figgure screen shot taking is more for the developpers to sell the title :) (those in game shots that keep poping up for a upcoming release).

Speaking of.. Unreal 2 thursday!! WOOHOO!!

Finally! I've been waiting since may 2002 for that game :/

And generals is a week after :) (not this upcomming thursday, but the next).

2 highly anticipated games in 2 weeks, not bad :) (considering the jan month was kinda dead with new games... :( )

Dang namit, I clicked on new thread instead of reply..

What is it doing in here anyways?? Should new threads be allowed only in the forum view? (and not post/thread view..) ?? :/

See what kind of accidents can happen! For gods sakes! I almost posted this!!!! YOU MONSTERS!!! :D :rolleyes: :D