PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order V.S. waitin"

edward.busch.18
2nd Mar 2013, 19:55
Ok I COULD pre oreder now... BUT ! They always comes out with Preorder bonuses and specials later on...and SOMETIMES Special edition Games...SO do I wait or SHOOT for it and make sure i get the game?

member_10751449
2nd Mar 2013, 21:21
I say go ahead. They don't take the money out until they ship the game. So between now and then you can switch all you want. I only had 2 games do that to me, but I had to get it through their site. That is Kingdom of Amalur special edition and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory limited edition (which is out of stock right now). Regardless it was highly worth it to me.

Anyways, if you get it from amazon or gamestop, I'm positive they don't take the money out right away.

edward.busch.18
2nd Mar 2013, 21:25
yeah... im thinking it too but I place it on the normal game now announced but when time draws closer... those BIG WIGS start throwing in bigger and better things to get me to pre order with them instead... like i waited for Zelda wii game and manage to snag A Special gold wiimote while all 15 of my friends could not find it..... ummm maybe some more weigh ins?

member_10162287
2nd Mar 2013, 21:39
You get the pre-order bonus no matter when you pre-ordered it, and if they do come up with a CE you can always switch. Although personally I'm gonna wait until the official release date is announced before I pre-order mine. (I pre-ordered The Last Guardian and look at what happened.)

edward.busch.18
2nd Mar 2013, 21:47
yeah but EVERY store has diffrent Bonuses... sometimes...it runs from lame stickers all the way up to special in-game content and special Controllers........AND SPECIAL systems too...I would DIE if I wanted the PS4 got it home have it for 3 months then they say something like "KINGDOM HEARTS 3 COMING OUT! WE HAVE A SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION PS4! ADDED CONTENT INCLUDED! ....

laney405-400894
23rd Mar 2013, 17:23
Well, it's not like they're going to run out of copies if you wait a few months. It's just less of a hassle to wait until pre-order bonuses are announced. I do tend to pre-order way in advanced, like asap. The real reason I'm waiting this time though is because I'm off to college next fall and I'm not sure where it will need to be shipped yet.

destruction7
23rd Mar 2013, 17:27
You are courageous! look Versus Xiii (PS3 PRE ORDER) waiting time.

member_10162287
23rd Mar 2013, 19:10
You are courageous! look Versus Xiii (PS3 PRE ORDER) waiting time.

Well, we already know it will be sometime this fall, we just don't have an exact date yet. With Versus XIII there's not even a release window...

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 20:50
Yup now im all about the bonuses... i use to jump on preorders.... Waiting brings more gains.... im SO waiting for a PS4 until KH3 is released.... so unless they release it at the same time they got some people waitin' ALONG time!......

new_tradition
24th Mar 2013, 01:11
I'm still crossing my fingers for a collector's edition, but I'm starting to doubt it since Japan never got one for 1.5 ReMIX (I know we got the Mark of Mastery Edition and Japan didn't, but they still got a 3DS combo with 358/2 Days and Re:Coded along with DDD, so something was technically available).

I'm kind of hesitant about my local Gamestop. They haven't honoured my previous pre-order bonuses, but I was able to order MoME from them and it came out on time, so I dunno...I'm already sort of leaning towards Amazon since I have a few gift cards, but with Lightning Returns, and now FFX HD too (plus other games and artbooks, lol) coming out in 2013, I'm divided on what to use those gift cards on.

Although I guess if there's different pre-rder bonuses, that might sway me, so we'll see. I don't think they came out with a concrete release date yet, so I imagine we'll know more stuff when that's decided.

edward.busch.18
30th Mar 2013, 11:08
MY GAWD ! if they release a special PS3 KH edition i will literally throw my PS3 into gamestops window!!!!! ....SO MAD IF THEY DO IT!!!

LiteratureNerd
30th Mar 2013, 20:50
Yeah... I usually pre-order only when a bonus comes up that I'm really interested in. However, for KH 1.5, I think I'm going to make an exception and pre-order asap just because it's KH and well, it's my favorite series!

DarkAngelus23
5th Apr 2013, 09:55
Just get a Import from Japan to tide you over till the English version arrives. That's what I did.

destruction7
5th Apr 2013, 10:28
Better learn Japanese than wait the PRE-Order!.

edward.busch.18
5th Apr 2013, 10:57
eh im waiting cuz normally they add things to the US release.....Australia is getting it months earlier then us so im thinking we may get something

Gemmie12_Blansive
5th Apr 2013, 14:17
Yeah... I usually pre-order only when a bonus comes up that I'm really interested in. However, for KH 1.5, I think I'm going to make an exception and pre-order asap just because it's KH and well, it's my favorite series!

Me too, with a series such as KH is coming out as a remastered edition, Better now than never as it is extremely popular and it sells out quickly on the first day and you have to wait until the store restocks.

manight
30th Apr 2013, 14:59
when they say I can pre order it. I'm just going to preorder it. I really don't care what cames with it.

edward.busch.18
30th Apr 2013, 16:25
well better get ordering theres over 10 stores taking preorders and Squares website right here is too!

Ryutim
7th May 2013, 17:35
Well, they've finally released the info about what the pre-order bonus will be, and although I knew that we wouldn't get much, I'm still disappointed. I mean, an art book? Seriously? I don't even see the point to pre-ordering it now, I could just as easily wait until it comes out and buy it then, and I'm half expecting gamestop or some other store to add something else to the pre-order bonus to make people buy the game from them, rather than anyone else. Well, regardless, I've still got plenty of time to pre-order it, so I think I'll stay with the wait and see approach for now.

new_tradition
7th May 2013, 22:44
Well, they've finally released the info about what the pre-order bonus will be, and although I knew that we wouldn't get much, I'm still disappointed. I mean, an art book? Seriously? I don't even see the point to pre-ordering it now, I could just as easily wait until it comes out and buy it then, and I'm half expecting gamestop or some other store to add something else to the pre-order bonus to make people buy the game from them, rather than anyone else. Well, regardless, I've still got plenty of time to pre-order it, so I think I'll stay with the wait and see approach for now.

I dunno, an artbook is pretty nice. I'm not sure how much of an artbook we can expect, but as a freebie, I think it's a nice gesture.

Now whether my specific Gamestop store will actually honour it and order enough for all pre-orders, I dunno...I put in my deposit now, but if Amazon Canada has a proper listing for 1.5 with the pre-order bonus, I might just order form there too and cover my bases. GS rarely gave me my entitled pre-order bonuses in the past.

I do agree that before the pre-order incentive, I didn't think that I couldn't walk into a retailer on release day and not walk out with the game. I'm not imaging a shortage or anything that severe for 1.5 HD ReMIX.

Gemmie12_Blansive
7th May 2013, 23:35

I dunno, an artbook is pretty nice. I'm not sure how much of an artbook we can expect, but as a freebie, I think it's a nice gesture.

Now whether my specific Gamestop store will actually honour it and order enough for all pre-orders, I dunno...I put in my deposit now, but if Amazon Canada has a proper listing for 1.5 with the pre-order bonus, I might just order form there too and cover my bases. GS rarely gave me my entitled pre-order bonuses in the past.

I do agree that before the pre-order incentive, I didn't think that I couldn't walk into a retailer on release day and not walk out with the game. I'm not imaging a shortage or anything that severe for 1.5 HD ReMIX.

I agree for the artbook, but to me, it's a KH Fan must have for behind the scenes. I'm looking forwasd to 09/10/2013

Ryutim
8th May 2013, 14:46
If I want to check out the art book, I can just look it up online once the game comes out. I don't see any reason to get another big book that I'll only glance at once, and then store somewhere, promptly forgetting that it ever existed in the first place.

wessejason
9th May 2013, 03:49
to order or not to order that is the question,,, lol.... run into that issue before with enix or other games. i tend to do my preorder as soon as its availble .

2 reason

1. i dont forget

2. in the rare case where there are availbity issues with a game , which has unfortunatly happened more than once to me , its there the day it comes out

hey all first post as well , just checking things out on here..

Ive been a part time Paid Video Game Tester /Beta User for 4 years , Its easy and Listed on my Site (http://www.warcraft3cheat.net) , nice to get a decent amount of money for somethign im already doing