PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Concerning Equipment

kimble
2nd Mar 2013, 14:34
I am going to try out ARR but I never played XIV, did XIV have relic weapons simpilar to the ones FFXI had? if so can someone post a link to the ones in FXIV please

oxDarknessxo
28th Jun 2013, 02:24
i heard the Dark Knight will be comming back but not sure if its true or not. i always play as a warrior in MMORPG's but there is NO way i will be able to use an axe they are just to ugly.

tejas73er
28th Jun 2013, 10:21
i heard the Dark Knight will be comming back but not sure if its true or not. i always play as a warrior in MMORPG's but there is NO way i will be able to use an axe they are just to ugly.

I actually really like the ax. I think they are pretty stylish but I guess a two handed sword would be alright just been done a billion times before but I guess that means people like it ;] Where do people get all this info on future classes? Is there a good website to get that info and other info on the game because the official site is a little bland.

x3Noctis
28th Jun 2013, 11:11
Dark Knights aren't limited to Axes though. In the Final Fantasy series, they used one handed sword more and it'll probably originate from Gladiators and not Marauders.

Hysteria97
28th Jun 2013, 11:21
Unless they plan on having them use Battle Scythes like on XI. In that case, I can see it branching off from the Marauder class.

RagnarokZetsubou
20th Aug 2013, 17:46
FF 14 Realm Reborn needs some darker stuff

We need Dark Knight to balance out all the j pop cutesy stuff in the game, not sure dragoon can do it alone! FFX-FF13-2 much?

JEEBUS

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 17:51
FF 14 Realm Reborn needs some darker stuff

We need Dark Knight to balance out all the j pop cutesy stuff in the game, not sure dragoon can do it alone! FFX-FF13-2 much?

JEEBUS

The Producer/Director of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Naoki Yoshida, while not having officially stated anything, continuously mentions the Dark Knight as an example when talking about possible later jobs. It is likely that we'll see the Dark Knight in the game at some point, as to when, we'll have to wait until more information comes out. Right now they are focused on making sure the game comes out :D

SGT_Lightning
20th Aug 2013, 19:17
The Producer/Director of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Naoki Yoshida, while not having officially stated anything, continuously mentions the Dark Knight as an example when talking about possible later jobs. It is likely that we'll see the Dark Knight in the game at some point, as to when, we'll have to wait until more information comes out. Right now they are focused on making sure the game comes out :D

Excellent. :D

Sesho13
25th Aug 2013, 07:38
ok, just a simple question. Can you change the color of the armor/clothes you are wearing in FF14?? Because some of the color schemes are just grotesque lol

Also, is there anyway to see what new armor/clothes actually looks like on your character BEFORE you buy it??? When I go in shops, its like this little tiny picture. You almost can't even tell what it looks like, and then you put it on your character and it looks horrible. :)

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 08:14
I have been wondering the same thing. I did see a "Dyemaker" NPC in Limsa Limosa so my guess is yes, but it will probably be a crafting skill. Not sure if you will be able to dye items you pick up, but at least you will probably be able to dye cloth for making your own.
I hope so, though, because yes, my character looks just plain awful with most of the clothes I have picked up so far. Which is disappointing, with the amount of time and detail put into the character creation. All you can see of my character right now is a giant yellow sheet and some feet.

TheRealKraggy
26th Aug 2013, 16:22
So I tried on the 'freebi' Behemoth barding and hate it, so I took it off but my choco no longer has the Company barding. The 'gear' slots are empty and clicking them only allows me to select the Behemoth gear. :(

TheRealKraggy
27th Aug 2013, 06:44
Bump, answer still needed please.

vcmusik
27th Aug 2013, 17:01
Now that the new Mog Station is up, I thought I'd be able to input my code from XIII to get my Asuran Armguards, as I never played XIV 1.0. Turns out I couldn't because the bonus code section in the Mog Station is also in the new 20-character format instead of the old 16-character format.

What do we do now? :(

Tygari
28th Aug 2013, 08:02
I am having the same Problem with Both my FFXIV 1.0 CE code for the Onion Helm and my FFXIII Code for the Asuran Gauntlets.

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 08:16
The who and what now? I registered my XIII and XIII-2 a while ago, so you're telling me there are bonus items for this? Have you got a link to the info about these items please?

TheHolyPug
2nd Sep 2013, 08:51
Ok, i right clicked the black chocobo armor in my inventory and now i dont know where to get it or access it. It went somewhere i guess but it isnt in my inventory or on my chocobo. Did i do something wrong?

TheRealKraggy
2nd Sep 2013, 10:12
It's now selectable in your Companion dialog, click the little chocobo icon at the top right of your character dialog. You'll see buttons at the bottom of that somewhere which allow you to equip it on the bird.

BE WARNED!

I applied it to my bird then didn't like it, I can find no way to get back to the Company barding it had before and I've not had any replies to the posts I've made in various places about it.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 10:16
I was wondering about barding etc, I haven't got the CE armour etc but was wondering how the barding worked. I would have assumed it would be like character gear where you could just change at will but from what you just said Kraggy that's not the case

TheRealKraggy
2nd Sep 2013, 10:24
Well, in essence the 'black' barding items get consumed and become available as I indicated. First time you bring up the Companion dialog with a Grand Company bird it'll have the Company barding; there are three buttons at the bottom on the dialog that when clicked allow you to equip one of those pieces (head, body and legs): this is like the Gear dialog for characters.

Thing is, that list you get ONLY lists the 'black' items in each slot. After equipping them the Company items ARE NOT THERE, they don't appear in the list any more. When you un-equip the black ones the slots are now empty and the list still only shows the new set, not the Company gear.

I looked in the Armoury but didn't see barding there. That was last Monday, the only time I bothered trying to play, I'm waiting for the servers to get fixed, so maybe I missed something, won't be able to poke around any more until then.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 10:29
I wonder if that was intended then? Bit rubbish if so as I thought the point of the barding would be to customise your chocobo however and whenever you like. Anyways, I'm happy prancing around on my gay Unicorn for now lmao.

TheHolyPug
2nd Sep 2013, 14:55
It's now selectable in your Companion dialog, click the little chocobo icon at the top right of your character dialog. You'll see buttons at the bottom of that somewhere which allow you to equip it on the bird.

BE WARNED!

I applied it to my bird then didn't like it, I can find no way to get back to the Company barding it had before and I've not had any replies to the posts I've made in various places about it.

well i feel noobish. How can i access the companion dialog?

TheRealKraggy
2nd Sep 2013, 15:00
well i feel noobish.
Hehe, don't be, it took me a while to figure how to access them. :)

I'm trying to recall something I did once a week ago and haven't done since, so this may be a bit vague ...

On the dialog where you display your character info at the top I think is your name, over to the right of that there's a small chocobo logo button which you can click, it has a tooltip saying Companion, that brings up the Companion dialog I'm referring to.

You can also get it from one of the buttons in the array of buttons in the bottom right-hand corner of the default UI, the two rows of around 10 buttons each. One of those brings up the Mount and Companion dialog, or something like that.

Sorry I can't be more descriptive, I can recall how I did it but not the names on the buttons.

TheHolyPug
2nd Sep 2013, 15:09
Ho Ho ok i see now, thank a ton you have been helpful!! I guess he will become battle ready at a later level or something? ill figure that one out :D

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 15:25
Ho Ho ok i see now, thank a ton you have been helpful!! I guess he will become battle ready at a later level or something? ill figure that one out :D

I finally found the quest to get the chocobo to fight with you last night, it was at camp tranquil in the south shroud, not sure on the exact level required though but considering all the mobs around there are lvl30+ then I'd say about level 30 (I was 31 when I found it)

TheHolyPug
2nd Sep 2013, 15:57
I finally found the quest to get the chocobo to fight with you last night, it was at camp tranquil in the south shroud, not sure on the exact level required though but considering all the mobs around there are lvl30+ then I'd say about level 30 (I was 31 when I found it)

oh ok, i am 27 right now, ill come across it eventualy :D. thanks

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 16:04
just have a wander down there, just watch out for the big mobs and if you leg it through you should be able to at least activate the crystal for teleporting, that way you could see if the quest is active. I think it goes live around same time as the levequests there

Clay51
14th Sep 2013, 00:44
Ok, so I'm sure I'm not the only person with this issue. It seems to be totally random on when and IF a materia will attach to my armor. I'm a level 40+ Armorer, and able to craft HQ armor easily. Yet the Vit. 3's I have WON'T attach? it tells me the "base item is to low". Which is NOT correct,as I have even just tested to see IF even a Vit 1 ( base item required to be level 15, my Gladiator armor is 28 HQ! ) can be attached to the armors I craft, guess what... NOPE!

Yet battle dance 1's, wind, fire, etc attach perfectly fine. Yet, Vitality materia won't as well as Dexterity, etc, etc. Does ANYONE have a solution as to WTF s going on? And YES, lol I DO have the required catalyst as well when trying to meld. I'm NOT to proud to admit I'm totally lost on this issue, and could use some clarification on the matter.

EDIT: I have found a article that says this: Tier 1 materia requires equipment with an item level of 15 or above, tier 2 30, tier 3 45, tier 4 75 and tier 5 90. (Umm gear level 75 for level 4 materia, and 90 for level 5.. 75 & 90!?!? THAT'S a long way off then once caps are raised.)

Now that "seems" like it would make total since, but can't be ( or materia is bugged) because I should be able to attach Vitality 1's easily to my HQ 28 armor, but it says "item level is too low" Which obviously isn't the case.

Gomly1980
14th Sep 2013, 02:14
.. 75 & 90!?!? THAT'S a long way off then once caps are raised

75 and 90 is "end game" gear level.

Allagan Tomestones of Mythology is used to buy item level 90 gear. Your relic weapon can be upgraded to level 90.

That's about it until more raids/dungeons open up.

ninjamassa7
14th Sep 2013, 10:44
Behold! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8l2T2GZWk

Clay51
14th Sep 2013, 15:48
75 and 90 is "end game" gear level.

Allagan Tomestones of Mythology is used to buy item level 90 gear. Your relic weapon can be upgraded to level 90.

That's about it until more raids/dungeons open up.

Ok, I wasn't aware of that..THANKS for that info, but that has nothing to do with the fact materia WON'T attach as its supposed to. Level 1 Materia requires a "base item level" of 15, yet it says a level 28 HQ version or armor is " to low"? Something isn't right as I said, Battledance 1, fire 1, etc work fine, with the SAME base levelrequirements, but Vitality, Dexterity, etc will not attach at all! .....Anyone?

Clay51
15th Sep 2013, 17:49
Bumping for info. Im assuming "base item level" is somehow NOT the "actual level", since End game weapons can be rated 75-90. A list of gear levels vs. "item level" would be very handy. I've seen similar questions on other sites,none with answers. Hoping someone here knows.

Clay51
16th Sep 2013, 23:57
Bumping. Surely someone knows the actual answer.

bulldog2712
23rd Sep 2013, 22:09
just done Castrum Meridianum for first time

did not no what to expect ,got abuse after abuse because I was new to this

now ive done it once with no help players just doing speed runs for the darklight gear

im a level 50 pld and don't feel like running the same over and over to get the darklight gear (I take things to heart)

this has killed the game for me ,seeing I need to do 60 runs on same level to afford the darklight gear with players that don't help and are speed gamers and im new to this and a first time player off a mmo

why are people not helping new player and on other bosses player just leave if you don't do it first time
so my next run will be the same has no one helped me and i just got abused for slowing down players or when I died and I did not no the route back without bringing more enemies to get abused from players
I thought this game would be fun but people take it personal if you are not perfect

the howling eye was same but now I am use to that boss I can go help others kill the eye
but don't feel I can go back to or am welcome to Castrum Meridianum

speed runs killed final fantasy for me , should of made another way to get tombstone a lot will decide to abandon the game because of this , don't get me wrong I don't mean make it easy to obtain these tombstones just more ways to get them

Hippy_Pickle2
24th Sep 2013, 08:23
SE have done some things to try and stop speed runs (especially on Amdapor Keep), like increasing mob movement speed so you can't out run them or adding more patrolling mobs etc but this will not stop people being a$$holes though.

I worry about this myself but I've not yet got that far. The only solution is to find a good linkshell or FC with people who are less serious about players being perfect and are willing to help. I used to get miffed and rage quit when I get abuse but now I'll just stand there and watch them die and laugh :D

Let them be the ones to rage quit and just laugh it off. I've just recently joined a FC in a bid to avoid this scenario and hopefully they are people that don't mind helping newer players get the harder gear.

bulldog2712
24th Sep 2013, 08:47
its just some of the comments was very personal and not nice at all
here is a link to what you need for the gear
http://uk.ign.com/wikis/final-fantasy-xiv/Darklight_Sets

what is the easier out of these
◾Wanderer's Palace
◾Amdapor Keep
◾Castrum Meridianum
◾The Praetorium

Hippy_Pickle2
24th Sep 2013, 08:53
its just some of the comments was very personal and not nice at all

I can understand that but these kind of people think they are invincible hiding behind their keyboards but are probably fat greasy gimboids who don't even know what a tree is and the only 'action' they get is when their dogs lick the food crumbs from their crusty crotches! :D :D

Please don't let it get to you or spoil your game, the trolls are not worth getting upset over.

As for which dungeon is easier I don't know as I've not done them but I know Amdapor Keep is the one everyone goes for as it has the most Tombstones but again if using the duty finder there's more chance of trolls too.

bulldog2712
24th Sep 2013, 11:07
well ive just done the howling eye again got new group through it in 3 tries
got new members saying don't no what to do so explained and we did it easy ,so why cant all help other , share the love

Hippy_Pickle2
24th Sep 2013, 13:30
If only everyone had the same outlook as us, I get stick for being a PS3 gamer but meh, I don't let it bother me.

bulldog2712
24th Sep 2013, 17:40
then I got a group that we ill equipped and at level 44 when should be at 46 for better chance
so its look of the draw really and people not getting best gear ,
I got to level 50 and my gear before I tried the eye only because I got carried away on fate runs

bulldog2712
24th Sep 2013, 17:48
just done The Praetorium all went easy until last boss , did not complete it will have to try again

got the full gallant and Aeolian Scimitar sword wonder if im strong enough
hp 3736
mp 1474
tp 1000

xlostsoulsx
25th Sep 2013, 05:52
So, someone explain to me on how to get those darklight gears and Mythology sets?

Hippy_Pickle2
25th Sep 2013, 07:43
So, someone explain to me on how to get those darklight gears and Mythology sets?

I'm not there myself but from the Stone Vigil onwards the harder dungeon can give you Tombstones of Philosophy and Mythology (myth being very limited - 300 a week), with these you can buy the top class gear which I think is a vendor in Mor Dhona. You can also use them for the relic weapon quests I think too.

bulldog2712
25th Sep 2013, 08:19
hi you need to collect tombstones
link here explains what you need
http://uk.ign.com/wikis/final-fantasy-xiv/Darklight_Sets

Shamanbabe
25th Sep 2013, 22:32
Kinda baw that we have to do the same story mission just to get a few stones instead of AK which is the actual dungeon : <
Just over it myself atm, Oh yay another run.. time to skip the everything, sneak byguards, spam my heals buttons, skip 20 cutscenes and get my 100 stones

1 run down, 500 moar to go , I GOT TIS ;_;
also, capping 300/300, yay for the 1 funnest dungeon eva

Hippy_Pickle2
26th Sep 2013, 09:17
A lot of people are not that happy with the distribution of Tombstones and hopefully come patch 2.1 SE will make adjustments to balance out the dungeons you can get these from so AK isn't getting as hammered as it is, which kinda ruins the story progress for players that are not yet end game.

xlostsoulsx
28th Sep 2013, 05:33
Ok. Those gears must be so pro. haha

DO u have to farm for tomestones?

KyotoKisses
28th Sep 2013, 09:10
I have not done WP myself. Castrum seems to be the fastest since you can speed run through most of the mobs, if the tanks know what they're doing. Since TS is a pally, I resume the other way you can learn is YouTube some guides or be OT so you can watch an learn from MT.

Praetorium is generally done only once as part of your story quest, I haven't seem people queuing for that as much compared to AK or Cast.

Cast is faster than AK IMO except it doesn't drop armor as loots. If you do go to AK, you can actually get pretty good armo pieces from there to substitute DL set until you get enough tomes for DL parts. Also, you can get both Phi and Myth tomes from AK.

The cap of 300/300 applies only to Myth tomes. This resets every Tuesday (server time unsure). AK is good for farming both which you'll eventually need for crafting your relic. Cast is good for farming Phil tomes and since there's no weekly cap for Cast, people just grind it.

As a healer, I find Cast easier. AK is tedious if your tank doesn't know what he/she is doing. If my party knows that we have a new player, we try to explain the necessary mechanics and skills the bosses use, although it is generally preferred that people actually read up before doing such dungeons.

bulldog2712
30th Sep 2013, 15:24
ive given up on paladin now got conjurer level 30 and arcanist level 14 going for the white mage

the physics don't work with the paladin even one cast from a mage and boss goes straight for them
the paladin can not hold agro on the castrum run no mater how good you are

Hippy_Pickle2
30th Sep 2013, 15:54
A good white mage should use the shroud of saints to get rid of the aggro but also the DPS need to back off on occasion too when they are pulling too much aggro. My problem recently has been the terrible lag which is stopping me healing, I end up blind healing as no-one is moving and I can't see who needs what and then that in turn gives me massive aggro for over healing. Fingers crossed they get this sorting sharpish, I was going to do max sub this week but reconsidered after the recent issues.

Weasley69
30th Sep 2013, 19:14
Hi Guys,
im looking for lvl 50 THM/BLM weapon Giantsgall Longstaff can u guys tell me where to get these staff? crafting or drop from which dungeons? THX :)

Hippy_Pickle2
1st Oct 2013, 07:49
I've looked all over and can't find a reference to where this is obtained or if it can be crafted. Looks like you may have the try the markets if you've got the cash.

PoppaDoc
1st Oct 2013, 08:39
ive given up on paladin now got conjurer level 30 and arcanist level 14 going for the white mage

the physics don't work with the paladin even one cast from a mage and boss goes straight for them
the paladin can not hold agro on the castrum run no mater how good you are

I have done CM quite a few times with varying party set ups, but as a WHM, I luv the PLD tank.^^ Most hold hate very well. The only issue I have had to check was the timing of my REGEN. At lower lvls I would usually try to keep regen up on the tank at all times. It wasn't really much of a problem then, but now, at lvl 50 when tanks pulls a mob or group of mobs, the regen would make them come right to me and cause a snowball effect of me spamming cure bombs on myself and not giving the poor tank time to get hate back until im dead or they waste all their abilities. I would bet this is why u were having trouble. Regen should never be cast until the tank has established hate, and never at the end of a fight, as the effect may not wear before the next pull. I do not know all the mechanics of PLD, this was just something that I observed as a whm to help the tank keep hate and control over the mobs. If u take up PLD again and notice this is the case just ask the whm to adjust their timing, but if u stay with whm maybe this little tip will help u in your future runs^^

Good Luck!

Hippy_Pickle2
1st Oct 2013, 08:43
I've not really had any problems with regen creating aggro, not like medica does anyways. I must just be using it right lol. I do wait until the tank has actually started losing health and is already wailing on the mobs :)

If I do pull aggro then popping the Shroud of the Saints usually sorts things out again.

PoppaDoc
1st Oct 2013, 08:49
Yea that's what I do now, but the problem that I still have to watch occurs when the regen effect is still active and the tank pulls more mobs.

Hippy_Pickle2
1st Oct 2013, 08:56
That surely doesn't happen often though does it? Regen only has 30sec timer and unless they are totally low on health then I just either let them regenerate naturally or pop a cure on them to top them off. A good tank shouldn't be flying into another group of mobs straight away unless they are trying to speedrun through the raid. If I get this kinda of situation I just hang fire for a min, stick regen on myself if I take damage and run over to the tank.

PoppaDoc
1st Oct 2013, 09:07
It happened a lot to me but yea I was mostly referring to CM runs which ALL seem to be "speed runs" now since waitin 30s for the new person to enjoy their storyline CS is WAAAY too much time to ask ppl to wait...

Hippy_Pickle2
1st Oct 2013, 09:14
Well fudge them, it's your game too, let them rage, just laugh it off and don't heal them if they act like children, then laugh harder when they rage quit lol.

I've joined a good FC recently to avoid things like this, yes they do like speedruns for tombstones etc but will happily take someone through a raid for the first time too. I did skip the cutscene on Stone Vigil but we were well behind in time and just went and watched it in the inn but generally if we have time I'll watch the scenes :D

Weasley69
1st Oct 2013, 11:29
I've looked all over and can't find a reference to where this is obtained or if it can be crafted. Looks like you may have the try the markets if you've got the cash.

ye same with me can't find where to get it and if have in markets will be very expensive i think :(

Hippy_Pickle2
1st Oct 2013, 11:36
I would imagine this maybe a level 50 alchemist craft since they do lower level cudgels for the THM/BLM, either that or a Blacksmith

LordCrow
1st Oct 2013, 17:48
just done Castrum Meridianum for first time

did not no what to expect ,got abuse after abuse because I was new to this

now ive done it once with no help players just doing speed runs for the darklight gear

im a level 50 pld and don't feel like running the same over and over to get the darklight gear (I take things to heart)

this has killed the game for me ,seeing I need to do 60 runs on same level to afford the darklight gear with players that don't help and are speed gamers and im new to this and a first time player off a mmo

why are people not helping new player and on other bosses player just leave if you don't do it first time
so my next run will be the same has no one helped me and i just got abused for slowing down players or when I died and I did not no the route back without bringing more enemies to get abused from players
I thought this game would be fun but people take it personal if you are not perfect

the howling eye was same but now I am use to that boss I can go help others kill the eye
but don't feel I can go back to or am welcome to Castrum Meridianum

speed runs killed final fantasy for me , should of made another way to get tombstone a lot will decide to abandon the game because of this , don't get me wrong I don't mean make it easy to obtain these tombstones just more ways to get them

completelty agree with you, game is designed for very new, bad players, who are able to push one button. I had a lots of expectations from end game content, adn... after reaching 50 I started doing 50 lev dungeons...and....???? wtf???? these are not dungeons ...these are places where you have to spend 30-40 minutes executing defensless mobs..... this is a joke really.... and you have to do it 30-40 times in order to get darklight gear???? honestly... up to 50 level during leveling time game seemd to be very good but now.. after reaching 50... its a brainless farm which wan't interest any good , experienced player. Some kids even think these trivial dungeons are raids...... just amazing how skills and iq droped down recently...

basicly game is dying right now in front of your eyes..... just because developers think that everyone who plays mmorpg games is a noob.....this kind of content is just an insult for a good players.. (and I heard soo many complains that content past 40 lev become very challenging.... just lol.....)

look now on veterans rewards and realize to what kind of kids this game is tunned before you will start complaing about content..... ;) (in my opinion is something around 6-8 years old kids)

Lacobos
18th Feb 2014, 14:44
I am a big fan of this game & I really enjoy playing it but I do have some problems with it which in my opinion have been done to force people to keep their subscriptions. I currently have 4 level 50 Jobs & like everyone else grind dungeons to get Tombstones of Mythology. As is common knowledge there is a weekly cap of 450 Tombstones meaning your'e restricted in your characters advancement in strength. I worked out that to get the best end game gear for my 4 Jobs it would take me a year & 2 months! Wtf that just takes the piss. You shouldn't get your progression restricted because they want you to continue playing for longer. Some people might say there are other things to do in the game such as crafting but I have no interest in that, I just want to get the final gear & weapons to make my jobs at maximum strength.

So what do I do? Do I continue paying to play for 10 hours a week & see hardly any change in my Characters jobs or do I simply cancel my subscription. I am not going to grind Wanderer's palace for another year just for that... come on Square enix. Even obtaining Loot from The Binding coil of Bahamut is insanely hard. They limited doing the dungeon to once a week & made the chances of getting loot really bad, why can't it be like this (if you put the time in you can get as much as you want). That is a completely fair system much like how you level up. The more you play the faster it happens. The only reason it isn't like this is that they want money from players to keep rolling in.