PDA

View Full Version : Movie V.S. game

edward.busch.18
1st Mar 2013, 12:38
Some of the Plots for the game HAD to differ in Kingdom Hearts then the movies...

I enjoyed the plot of the game for Tron:legacy alittle more then the Movie in KH3d... Do you likewise feel anther mention?

WhitePrism
1st Mar 2013, 20:42
Hmm, I always think it's interesting how they alter the scenes to fit in the Kingdom Hearts games, and I'm always a fan of creativity so yes. :)

edward.busch.18
2nd Mar 2013, 17:08
HEY They didnt do a M.Night on us and changed all the Chacters around and made their names sound culturally sensitive..... stupid Avatar the last airbender movie.....sorry got off topic abit....lolz

Grimoire
27th May 2013, 03:21
GameTrailers' KINGDOM HEARTS Timeline Released! www.khinsider.com/news/GameTrailers-KING... (http://www.khinsider.com/news/GameTrailers-KINGDOM-HEARTS-Timeline-Released-3302)

Ryutim
28th May 2013, 00:13
I disagree with some of their conclusions on a couple of the more vague points in the game (*Spoilers ahead* such as exactly how Sora got the ability to use the keyblade, I still think that he got it from Ventus, even if the keyblade he got at first was originally meant for Riku), but otherwise, it's an excellent video (I'm ashamed to mention that I never actually noticed Kairi touch Aqua's keyblade when they met, but I already thought that Kairi got her ability to use the keyblade during their interaction, so it's adding the last detail to what I already knew). Thanks for the link, Grimoire.

Bobguy117
28th May 2013, 07:45
Gametrailers is actually the only place on the internet that managed to get absolutely everything correct about Kingdom Hearts. Only Sora's ability to wield two keyblades comes from Ventus. His first Keyblade, the Kingdom Key, came from Riku, who got it from Terra. Sora can wield two keyblades because he has two hearts inside him which are both able to wield keyblades on their own, Sora and Ventus. It is clearly stated in the first game that the Kingdom Key simply chose Sora over Riku because Sora's heart was stronger.

Most of the confusion about this point comes from the Kingdom Hearts Wiki page, which I am convinced is made by people who have never played the game due to the staggering amount of incorrect or made-up information on it.

Ryutim
28th May 2013, 17:49
I was talking about Sora's ability to wield the keyblade, not which keyblade he originally aquired, but that's more about semantics than anything else.

Bobguy117
29th May 2013, 14:43
Yeah I know what you were talking about, Sora can wield a keyblade because his heart is really strong. Ven had nothing to do with it.

Ryutim
29th May 2013, 17:17
Actually, I was thinking that Ven's heart connecting with Sora's did the same thing as the keyblade inheritence seremony did, not giving him a keyblade immediately, but making it possible for Sora to wield one, which is why, when Riku's keyblade abandoned him as he was giving into the darkness, Sora was able to take it up instead (either that, or Ven's ability to wield the keyblade allowed Sora to keep it, at least until Sora met Riku in traverse town, when Riku picked it up, and then tossed it to Sora, saying that he could hang onto it because Riku had his own weapon already, pretty much doing the seremony, even if neither of them knew it at the time [wow, that was a long sentence]). That's what I think anyway, not that it actually matters. When all's said and done, it's a pretty vague and unnecesarry distinction.

Bobguy117
29th May 2013, 18:04
Yeah, I can see the evidence for your case. You know what I think is really vague and unnecessary? The Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony. What exactly does it even DO? Obviously not a lot if just touching a keyblade is enough to make it so that you will be able to wield one. I'm really not a fan of this method of passing down the keyblade. I prefer to side with the argument that the main characters are able to wield their legendary weapons because they've earned it themselves.

Leaferian-379423
29th May 2013, 18:33
Yeah, I can see the evidence for your case. You know what I think is really vague and unnecessary? The Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony. What exactly does it even DO? Obviously not a lot if just touching a keyblade is enough to make it so that you will be able to wield one. I'm really not a fan of this method of passing down the keyblade. I prefer to side with the argument that the main characters are able to wield their legendary weapons because they've earned it themselves.

I believe I can provide a plausible (if speculative) case for that.

We know the Keyblade chooses its wielder. Clearly it has to be able to choose independantly, as there would at least have to be one original Keyblade wielder if not many. As I recall, Nomura said that there could be as many Keyblades as there were people with strong hearts. If strong hearts are the criteria, then almost anyone could be matched with a Keyblade. Here, I believe, lies the problem. With so many powerful hearts among the worlds, how exactly does a Keyblade choose its wielder? Do the Keyblades choose at random? Are there Keyblades specific to worlds that awaken every now and then to check for a potential master? Does some unknown being forge them somewhere, and scatter them out into the stars to drift until they find someone suitable? We don't know, and it seems neither do the characters of the story.

The Rite of Inheritance serves to ensure a given person will one day gain a Keyblade as long as their heart is strong enough. How else would a Keyblade Master be certain their legacy will go on? They perform the rite so that someday, somewhere, this strong-hearted person will get a Keyblade. So it won't be left up to chance. As for Kairi's accidental rite, that too can be explained. The Rite seems to involve the Master in question having a desire to give the Keyblade to their intended pupil. Touching the Keyblade allows it to read the intended and decide for itself is they're worthy (or going to be) of wielding it. It's likely that when Aqua was trying to shield Kairi, she had the fleeting thought that it would be easier of Kairi had her own Keyblade. That if she did, Kairi would be safe even if one of the Unversed got passed her. Obviously it wouldn't have been a serious thought, and it would probably have been put out of her mind immediately as a bad idea. Kairi happening to already be touching the Keyblade when the thought surfaced would be an absolute fluke, a one in millions chance.

I'm sure there are plenty of other explanations, though. Hm.

Bobguy117
30th May 2013, 07:18
Okay yeah I guess it does serve a purpose. I feel like the charm that Aqua cast on Kairi to protect her from harm had more to do with Kairi getting a keyblade than just touching Aqua's.

Ryutim
31st May 2013, 01:23
I agree with you there, and Kairi's heart touching Sora's, and by extention, Ven's heart, probably reinforced it. Also, I think that the rite of inheritence is a lot simpler than you might expect, I think that simply touching the keyblade allows it to see into a person's heart, and if their heart is strong enough, and if there is a need for it, then a keyblade will come to them (whether their heart forges it, or it simply comes to them somehow, I have no idea). As for what it would mean for the keyblade to be needed, I'm not entirely sure, I mean, Squall/Leon, Jack Sparrow, and probably quite a few other characters I don't know off the top of my head, have touched the keyblade at one point or another, and Sora was jokingly saying that Jack could have the keyblade when Sora let him hold it for a second, so the thought of giving him the keyblade probably isn't a part of it (either that or Jack Sparrow is going to become a keyblade wielder, which would actually be kinda cool), especially since neither Sora nor Riku were thinking about the keyblade when Sora got his (although Ven might have been thinking that the keyblade could help Sora at that moment, so I can't really be sure, hmm...), but anyway, a need for the keyblade could be as simple as a someone needing to have one to pass on to the next generation, or as complex as Lea needing to become the seventh keyblade wielder of light (Kairi was already a keyblade wielder, and I count Aqua and Ven in their number, even if they still need to be rescued), and I know that someone will ask why he didn't get it before he rescued Sora from the true organisation XIII, but honestly, I don't think that he could have used it as well as his chakrams, the keyblade may be more powerful, but he just didn't have the time to train with the keyblade, then again, that assumes that the keyblade knew what was going to happen, hmm, I don't know, I'm just rambling now, too many things to think about, not enough evidence to get any real conclusions.