PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: General Questions

KnightValor
11th Jan 2013, 21:00
I have a few questions about FFXIV RR

Is the combat system turn based?

If not, are you able to move around and by moving farther away avoid damage? (Hopefully not fleeing battle)

If lvl 50 is the max lvl what do you do after that?

I know some of my questions are very newbie but please answer nicely /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

Goma999
11th Jan 2013, 23:08
I have a few questions about FFXIV RR

Is the combat system turn based?

If not, are you able to move around and by moving farther away avoid damage? (Hopefully not fleeing battle)

If lvl 50 is the max lvl what do you do after that?

I know some of my questions are very newbie but please answer nicely

1. it's turn base of course.

2. you can move around while fighting or moving away but avoiding damage would be eather runing away or high eva.

3. when your high level 50 you can take on certain quest that only level 50 class is required. Same gose for level 50 dungeons. like the crystal tower will be a level 50 area.

there's gonna be alot to do as a level 50, I' assure you that.

as a version 1.0 vet. I be working on relics weapons for the class that i miss on getting, during version 1.0

I will begain with arcanist then after work on getting relics for one of the classes that I' enjoy playing./tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

KnightValor
12th Jan 2013, 08:17
(Thanks that helps alot!)Im almost sad that its turn based but it doesnt look it at all which made me confused

If high evasion is a move that would be sweet, are there moves you cant evade?

Still I wish the level limit was higher, the harder things are the more worth it

27th Feb 2013, 19:27
So, not asking for beta testers to break NDA or anything, but based on what we know about FF14ARR, even left over from FF14 V1, does the game incorporate multi-player tagging of MOBs? Having played GW2 since launch, I just walked away disgusted from a quest in TERA that had me come across people waiting in line to kill the publicly spawning boss monster to the core story quest... because only one player could "own" the fight at a time.

Pleast tell me FF14 isn't like this.

tommygunnz
28th Feb 2013, 13:08
I can't remember where I read it but if I find this piece of an article I will copy/paste to this reply. If your referring to HNM mobs, it will be the same as FF11 or GW2, only single claims unless in party mode. But for some reason I think I also read that anyone can help fight it but the first person to claim it(or party) will end up with the goods from the mob. Like I said, if I find this info, I will repost it for you.

tommygunnz
28th Feb 2013, 13:43
I know this isn't specific to your question but makes since to me of what I was trying to explain:

Entitlement to Experience and Items/Loot

The first character or party to attack an enemy is entitled to its experience, items, and loot. If a player continuously attacks an enemy that another player or party has already claimed, that player will be unable to receive any of the experience, items, or loot. However, Final fantasy players don't line it to kill things unless its coordinated like Dynamis in FF11. Publicly spawning mobs has always been first come, first serve. Or whoever is still awake and the fastest to tag.

<table class="text-note" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tbody>
<tr class="text-note" valign="top">
<td>*</td>
<td>You are only entitled to experience and loot if an enemy&rsquo;s display name color is red. For details on display name colors, please refer to The Game Screen (http://na.square-enix.com/pl/guide/gamescreen02.html).</td>
</tr>
<tr class="table-margin">
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr class="text-note" valign="top">
<td>*</td>
<td>

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.h... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html) under the topic battle.

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

28th Feb 2013, 15:46
Hello everyone!

I wrote a blog post today summarizing a series of questions I have about ARR, and was hoping to get some input from those in the know. Please note that I'm not asking for beta testers to break NDA, but up-to-date members of the FF14 community could really help me here, were they so inclined.

Instead of just leaving a sketchy link here, I'll copy-paste the entry in its entirety, edited for contextual relevance. Thank you in advance for any and all constructive replies! :)

I&rsquo;m so excited for this game, and yet simultaneously cautious, being personally analytical of this excitement. See, there is a lot about this title that should and does play right into the core of my interests, and yet, at the same time, I am not blind to how fickle I am, and how that fickle nature has cost me so much money in unplayed, and &ldquo;half played&rdquo; games. It&rsquo;s very possible that this is a &ldquo;shiny new toy scenario,&rdquo; and I really am more about the hype, more about the hunt than the kill, and I really should think twice, even thrice before committing to FF14, because that&rsquo;s what I&rsquo;d need to do: commit.

Buy-to-play is all the rage to me in MMORPG culture. It&rsquo;s really hard to justify &ldquo;server expenses&rdquo; in 2013 at $15 per head a month. Technology has shrunk and advanced, playing with others on the internet isn&rsquo;t the new, rare, expensive novelty it once was, and unless your name is Blizzard, and you have 7-8 digits of players with &ldquo;the koolaid&rdquo; on perma-drip, it&rsquo;s next to impossible to justify a mandatory subscription to get people to play your game. There is, however, one other gaming giant that has pulled off this feat with not one, but two games, and that&rsquo;s Square Enix. It&rsquo;s a safe bet that, on a justification and loyalty front, SE could make the subscription model work simply by expecting to both retain most of the original FF14 crowd as well as perhaps cannibalize some of the FF11 crowd. This takes the common plan of &ldquo;wait for the game to go F2P/B2P&rdquo; and makes it a real long shot for those Final Fantasy vets like me that have followed 14&rsquo;s ascension from quirky niche game to accessibly familiar but still flavorful resurrection.

Which brings me to my next point: pros, cons and forgivable niche aspects and features, tolerated for the sake of &ldquo;it&rsquo;s Final frickin Fantasy!&rdquo;

In the tradition of &ldquo;bad news first,&rdquo; here are the pillars of my trepidation with Final Fantasy 14, followed by some of the rebuttals I hand myself:

-The subscription. This is the big one, and yet, if all of the pillars of my excitement (which I&rsquo;ll list in a moment) hold up, not only have I maintained 3 WoW subscriptions in the past (something I did for friends), but since adopting all B2P titles in my MMO habits, I have GONE INSANE with buying games because &ldquo;I have time for all of it now!&rdquo; Except I don&rsquo;t. I honestly haven&rsquo;t had stability in my MMORPG or gaming habits in general since leaving WoW, and I&rsquo;m wondering if playing a subscription title again would address this. I love my GW2 guild Sunday events, but for the rest of the week, I&rsquo;m almost miserable with having all ten fingers in different pies.

-Niche flavored content elements. I recently watched the &ldquo;levequests&rdquo; (yes, that&rsquo;s a word in FF online speak&hellip; my point exactly) video released by SE, after hearing that this vital form of Xp-rich repeatable content came with a timer, which, if you know me, you know that being timed sounds loud air raid sirens of &ldquo;DO NOT WANT&rdquo; in my head. I watched the video and resolved that, in the implementation thusly presented, the 30 minute timer for a task done in 3 minutes was more a technicality than anything&hellip; But that&rsquo;s only the low level, alpha game, mind you. *Tight* timers for core content would be a huge turnoff, one I might not realize until the &ldquo;endgame.&rdquo; That&rsquo;s not cool.

-The bad elements of playing safe and &ldquo;cloning WoW.&rdquo; Let me get this out of the way: for the most part, I WANT, desperately, a Final Fantasy WoW clone. WoW was my home for almost 5 years. It gets copied, and became &ldquo;the standard&rdquo; because, on many fronts, it WORKS. I am sick to death of the action combat movement. I play and enjoy two well developed, quality, accessible (F2P/B2P) &ldquo;action combat&rdquo; MMORPGs. I and everyone else have access to action in many forms in gaming. I want my final fantasy game to remain a throwback of decision making and strategy. I ALSO don&rsquo;t want to compete for monster tagging, and would like to feel like I can play at the time and pace of myself and sometimes my small core of friends that I may talk into playing without feeling like a second class citizen. I also have become too accustomed, pleasantly so, in keeping a consistent visual character appearance not at all tied to whatever stat upgrades I come across, and have no desire to start &ldquo;wearing my power&rdquo; again, with no choice. In short, I want all the classic gameplay (so no twitch combat, and &ldquo;choices over reflexes&rdquo;), and none of the antiquated ethics (like &ldquo;raid or die&rdquo; or &ldquo;we were here first, get in line&rdquo;).

Those are the most prevalent sources of doubt, now here are the admittedly unclear pillars of my excitement, which, if you are in the know and reading this, I would appreciate validation, clarification and/or correction upon.

-Housing. They&rsquo;ve promised it within 3 months of launch, give or take a week or few. Sign me up.

-One character can see and play the whole game, classes and all. As I understand it, there is ZERO story or gameplay based reason to make a second character in the context of content access. One character can (and potentially should) level as each and every class/job, the only attraction to alts being &ldquo;I want one of the other race for looks or RP,&rdquo; which, while respectable, isn&rsquo;t enough for me to pay another few bucks a month (1-character subscription fee is cheaper). I just don&rsquo;t have the time or drive for extreme altoholism any more.

-Two player, two Chocobo dungeons. Every player gets a faithful Chocobo companion that serves as a mount, a Pokemon-like raised animal companion, and a role-flexible ally that is so powerful it can potentially fill a spot in a four-player dungeon. Not since RIFT or LOTRO have I heard of a feature that plays so well to the most under-supported, personally relevant (to me ) demographic of gaming party: the duo. The existence of 4-player dungeons that two players can fill out with NPC companions, on par and rewardingly, is a promise that I&rsquo;d hoped SWTOR could pull off, but failed at miserably. I really, really hope this works out in FF14.

So that&rsquo;s where I stand with &ldquo;A realm reborn,&rdquo; I intend to buy the game and review it for my friends who join me in non-subscription titles, some of whom once joined me in WoW, before many of us felt sick of a world and IP that just wasn&rsquo;t drawing us in anymore. As a lifelong Final Fantasy player, I&rsquo;m biased in hoping that they love the FF IP enough to join me there, but one thing is for sure, if &ldquo;A realm reborn&rdquo; plays like &ldquo;World of Final Guild Warcraft Fantasy 2,&rdquo; it&rsquo;s very possible that this will be my next big obsession in gaming.

Honestly, I desperately need one. All this freedom is bloody expensive!

DeeceeCreator
28th Feb 2013, 21:45
Just curious where I can find more info about PVP and player housing in FFXIV 2.0

PANDApOKER
25th May 2013, 00:48
im kinda new to this since i never play FF11 or FF14 before the remake so im completely clueless to on how this works.

i was wondering if u can answer some questions for me, because i want to buy the CE but kind of unsure.

How does it work?
Payment method?
how many characters able to create?
if the First month free?

Paladin_Locke
25th May 2013, 02:12
I'm not sure how helpful this is seeing as I have not yet played FF14, but I did play FFX11 for a few years.

#1- What do you mean? How does what work?

#2- Payment methods are generally through a credit/debit card linked to the account you'll make. It'll automatically access your card at each payment interval (usually 1 month). Some games support specific game time cards, but I haven't heard of game time cards for FF14. At least not yet.

#3- I can't say with any certainty, but with FF11, you got ONE character slot for your base monthly fee. However, you could add more for an extra $1 a month. Whether or not that is relevant to FF14, I have no idea. What I do know is that you can play every class/job in the game with one single character. Extra characters aren't needed.

#4- Yes, the first month is included with your purchase of FF14, so you will not get charged again until you've already played for 30 days.

I hope that is at least somewhat helpful.

PANDApOKER
25th May 2013, 07:00
meaning for how it works? is like do u just put the disc and install stuff and just play?

Paladin_Locke
25th May 2013, 09:13
Oh I see. Yes, if you buy a physical copy of the game (with a disc), then you put the disc in and just follow the instructions as you go. It'll just ask questions like "Do you want to install Final Fantasy 14?", but pretty much all you'll be doing is clicking "Yes" and "I accept". Also, just so you're aware, games as big as this usually take a few hours to install and update (it will even have to update on day one).

venkaramon
25th May 2013, 15:34
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/)

to answer your #3 but if ur lazy il just summarize it here. for entry subscription you get 1 char slot but if you pay for the 90 day 30 day or 180 days subs you get 8 slots / server

PANDApOKER
25th May 2013, 17:57
i acutally did not see this informations when i read it xD thanks for the information :)

Grimoire
26th May 2013, 09:48
Have a question or an issue? Need some help?
Or is it the other way around: you simply can't wait to share your vast knowledge regarding this much anticipated title? Then this is the place for you!
Ask and help out here in the Members FAQ thread.

Sometimes, it's simply easier to have everything in one and the same place.

FFXIV FAQ support.na.square-enix.com/faqtop.php?id... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqtop.php?id=902&la=1)

-PC versus PS3-

Q: Which version is better? The PC or the PS3 one?

A: See post #2-#5

-Pre-orders-

Q: "I pre-ordered the final fantasy relam reborn CE yesterday morning and I haven't got my unlock codes yet for the early release. The only thing I got was the order recipt in my email and a serial number. My friends got thier codes . I went to my account on here to register the game with serial number but it's too long so it doesn't work."

A: See post #9

-Job System-

Q: "Can a single character choose any class? Like from all disciples? Or will I need to make a 2nd toon to go land / hand from another which is war and magic?"

A: See post #13

-Requirements-

Q: Do I need to have the original FFXIV before I can play FFXIV:ARR?

A: No

-Current Questions-

Pre-orders

Q: "At checkout on the SE store,

The description for the Bonus items for the CE PS3 edition seem incorrect.

They describe the bonus items for the Standard Edition.

What information are people receiving in their confirmation email after ordering?

i am interested in the bonus items for the CE and am reluctant to order when the bonus description is for the Standard edition."

A: ? (Help out!)

The Job System

Q: "Now does the game have the similar features from what I have seen from the original 14 to where all you have to do is equip a weapon to change your job? or is Job/class change back to the moogle feature that was in XI?"

Legacy Members

Q: "If you are legacy member, how does it work with the ARR? Does it carry over, and if you pre-order a game how will they know you are a legacy member?"

Account Questions

Q: "Will I be able to use my PC account on my girlfriends PS3? Please assume my girlfriend also plays and has it installed on the PS3 already. I just want to know if it would require a 2nd PS3 disc in order to link my account to my PSN ID."

Payment Options

Q: "Can I use my greendot card for the monthly or i hope a years worths of payments?"

Atma-Weapon
26th May 2013, 10:05
This is primarily question for anyone who's currently a beta tester or people who've played the previous FFXIV, but here goes: What's the game-play like when comparing PC versus PS3? Does the dualshock controller implement well, or is it a poor substitute for a keyboard and mouse? I get pretty competitive with online games, and as much as I'd love to play this on my PS3 and big screen tv, I feel like I'd preform better on a PC.

Clink
26th May 2013, 10:26
While I haven't played Final Fantasy XIV the original. I am getting Final Fantasy XIV:ARR. I did however play Final Fantasy XI on both the PC and PS2. While it was easier to type and sorta do stuff on the PC. I basically had the same setup for my PS2. Which Is I basically used the controller. I never really played any FFgame related to PC without one. But who knows maybe I might end up buying and using a Keyboard for XIV:ARR. Its probably all down to how the game feels. To be honest watch the Tour of Ezorea videos. They might clear somethings up for ya. From what I have noticed from video footage it doesn't look too off graphic wise. While the PC version does look a little better graphical wise. The Ps3 version isn't that far behind. Again just watch the videos.

But anywho I do have a question about the gameplay for anyone who is in the Beta... Now does the game have the similar features from what I have seen from the original 14 to where all you have to do is equip a weapon to change your job? or is Job/class change back to the moogle feature that was in XI? To be honest being able to change your job on the go is the one thing that started to get my interest in the title.

Atma-Weapon
26th May 2013, 11:31
I'm less concerned with performance and graphics, I'm sure it'll run just fine on either and look just as pleasing. What I'm concerned with is whether or not this game plays easier with a multitude of key-bindings and shortcuts, because if that's the case, I would imagine a PS3 controller just wouldn't cut it when it comes to a PC player versus a PS3 one. My main reason for asking is because I'm primarily interested in PvP.

x3Noctis
26th May 2013, 11:47
This is primarily question for anyone who's currently a beta tester or people who've played the previous FFXIV, but here goes: What's the game-play like when comparing PC versus PS3? Does the dualshock controller implement well, or is it a poor substitute for a keyboard and mouse? I get pretty competitive with online games, and as much as I'd love to play this on my PS3 and big screen tv, I feel like I'd preform better on a PC.

Well this is a answer for everyone but since you asked first, figure I'll quote you first. While I have not played any of it, XI or original XIV or ARR Beta, I have seen the youtube videos of the Yoshida and in one of them, he explained how the controls and gameplay of the game are like. How PS3 has potential for better controls than even a keyboard. And the game is a lot smoother compared to the XIV 1.0 gameplay. So you'll be breezing through monsters that would have taken a lot longer on XIV 1.0. Overall, everything is just a lot better and that's mildly putting it. Honestly though, Yoshida's more of a PC user though so even if PS3 has better potential for the control set ups, like using skills much easier, he prefer's playing the keyboard. So it's each to his own.

member_10620870
26th May 2013, 14:51
quick question : if your a legacy member, how does it work with the ARR. does it carry over and if u pre order a game how will they know ur a legacy member if u resigter the new key need all u know about legacy plz thx

member_10655875
26th May 2013, 16:22
Hello , Not sure where i post this at but I pre order the final fantasy relam reborn CE yesreday morning I haven't got my unlock codes yet for early release only thing i got was the order recipt in my email and a serial number that it.my friends got thier codes . .I went to my acct on here to register the game with serial number it to long so don't work maybe i miss something here help thanks

Paladin_Locke
26th May 2013, 16:29
I have a question no one has answered yet. Will I be able to use my PC account on my girlfriends PS3? Please assume my girlfriend also plays and has it installed on the PS3 already.

I just want to know if it would require a 2nd PS3 disc in order to link my account to my PSN ID.

venkaramon
28th May 2013, 05:16
Hello , Not sure where i post this at but I pre order the final fantasy relam reborn CE yesreday morning I haven't got my unlock codes yet for early release only thing i got was the order recipt in my email and a serial number that it.my friends got thier codes . .I went to my acct on here to register the game with serial number it to long so don't work maybe i miss something here help thanks

the code should be in your order confirmation email (the serial number / product code) on the last line for the pre order bonus.

then go to this site

preorder.na. (http://preorder.na.)<wbr>finalfantasyxiv.com</wbr> (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/)

register your game and email address then they'll tell you they'll contact you when you can / what you need 2 do for early access

and i quote

Additional Product Information:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package - Instructions to sign up for early access to the game:

Visit preorder.na. (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/)<wbr>finalfantasyxiv.com</wbr> and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.

You will need an active Square Enix account to complete this process so, if you want to set one up in advance, please go here: na.square-enix.com/ (/members)<wbr>members</wbr>.

member_10089778
29th May 2013, 18:07
At checkout on the SE store,

The description for the Bonus items for the CE PS3 edition seem incorrect.

They describe the bonus items for the Standard Edition.

What information are people receiving in their confirmation email after ordering?

i am interested in the bonus items for the CE and am reluctant to order when the bonus description is for the Standard edition.

After doing a little more research, i believe I answered my question-

KB Article: 67231
KB Category: [Products & Services]
KB Sub-category: [ Product Specifications]

What's the difference between the Standard Edition and the Collector's Edition of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?

The FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector&rsquo;s Edition includes the following bonuses in addition to the Standard Edition bonuses.

?FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector&rsquo;s Edition
* Limited quantities of the Collector's Edition will be produced.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Art Book
The Art of Eorzea -A Realm Reimagined-
This art book features a host of artwork made for the development of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn by Art Director Akihiko Yoshida and his team of artists.
[Bonus 2] FFXIV Seventh Umbral Era Special Movie Content Disc
~The Waning of the Sixth Sun~
Witness the dawn of the Seventh Umbral Era that brought destruction to the realm of Eorzea... This special video offers a deeper understanding of the world of A Realm Reborn by showcasing the journey that the "Warriors of Light" embarked upon as they headed towards the Seventh Umbral Era.
[b][Bonus 3] In-game Bonus Items
Helm of Light / Coeurl Mount / Behemoth Barding / Baby Behemoth Minion
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Special Soundtrack
~The Sounds of Eorzea~
This Collector's Edition exclusive soundtrack features beautiful music from the cities and fields of Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah and Gridania where many adventurers are sure to spend their time.
[Bonus 5] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Art Card Set
Five art cards featuring stunning, highly detailed CG art brought to life by Square Enix Visual Works.
[Bonus 6] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Themed Security Token
[Bonus 7] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Special Box
Designed by famed FINAL FANTASY illustrator Yo****aka Amano

* The following pre-order bonuses are available for both the Standard Edition and the Collector&rsquo;s Edition.
[Pre-order Bonus 1] Early Access
You will be granted access to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn days before the official launch on Aug. 27, 2013. The exact date will be announced at a later time.
[b][Pre-order Bonus 2] Pre-order Bonus Items
Cait Sith Doll minion / Mog Cap

after viewing this, it seems that all pre-orders receive the cait sith and mog cap bonus.

I thought that what was described as Bonus 3 in the above description, was actually the pre-order bonus for the CE.

so in light of this information, everything reported at the checkout seems accurate.

AngelPhoenix77
29th May 2013, 21:13
ive got a question. can i use my greendot card for the monthly or i hope a years worths of payments?

venkaramon
31st May 2013, 17:26
To the people who have played the beta / 1.0

Can a single character choose any class? Like from all disciples? Or will I need to make a 2nd toon to go land / hand from another which is war and magic?

LennethLionK3
31st May 2013, 18:40
To the people who have played the beta / 1.0

Can a single character choose any class? Like from all disciples? Or will I need to make a 2nd toon to go land / hand from another which is war and magic?

I have not played 1.0 or beta, but I've kept up with the game for the past couple years. As far as I know there is no limitations to switching classes/jobs other than finishing a quest to unlock it (if required) and perhaps a cooldown to prevent switching mid battle.

venkaramon
31st May 2013, 20:43
I hope so :> Cause it's going to be a bit more difficult levelling 2 toons just to keep up with crafting and gathering. I for one prefer to wear mostly crafted gear over drops if given the choice.

Snoopeh
31st May 2013, 20:43
I have a question. I'm new here and im planning to buy FFXIV:ARR even though if i havent played FFXIV. do I need to have the original FFXIV before i can play FFXIV:ARR?

venkaramon
31st May 2013, 21:35
I have a question. I'm new here and im planning to buy FFXIV:ARR even though if i havent played FFXIV. do I need to have the original FFXIV before i can play FFXIV:ARR?

No all you need is the ARR copy for you to play :)

Snoopeh
1st Jun 2013, 18:36
Oh. ok. thank you for the reply!

Grimoire
14th Jun 2013, 04:13
...make sure that you have read the [General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)] thoroughly.

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

There is a search function. Use it. Too many threads about the same subject will make you lose track of the more informative ones. For example:

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29970329/Beta_=_Weekends_only._QA.) - Q&A

[PS3 Beta (/go/thread/view/139235/29966497/PS3_Beta)] - General beta discussions, questions and information

[Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn, all you need to know to log into... (/go/thread/view/139235/29986407/Final_Fantasy_XIV_A_Realm_Reborn,_all_you_need_to_know_to_log_into_your_beta)] - How to log in

[Can't log in to Beta forums? Here's the probable solution] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29966927/Cant_log_in_to_Beta_forums__Heres_the_probable_solution) - How to log in

[PLEASE READ AND STOP ASKING ABOUT KEYS!] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235.. (/go/thread/view/139235/29966543/PLEASE_READ_AND_STOP_ASKING_ABOUT_KEYS!) - General information

[All this Beta talk (/go/thread/view/139235/29970455/All_this_Beta_talk)] - Concerning the NDA

[Got ffxiv Beta invite, but can't login to secure se site] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29966463/Got_ffxiv_Beta_invite,_but_cant_login_to_secure_se_site?pg=1) - Do you have this issue?

[PS3 Party forming/group gathering/etc. (/go/thread/view/139235/29961815/PS3_Party_forminggroup_gatheringetc.)] - General discussions

[Character names ps3 beta] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29967575/Character_names_ps3_beta) - Discuss your character

[ATTENTION: ALL PS3 PLAYERS] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29969795/Attention:_all_ps3_players&post_num=45#533140381) - Keep in touch

[Your starting point and your Grand Company. (/go/thread/view/139235/29970599/Your_starting_point_and_your_Grand_Company.)] - Just a fun topic to pass the time

[A question regarding legacy members (FFXIV)] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29966641/A_question_regarding_legacy_members_)(FFXIV) (/go/thread/view/139235/29966641/A_question_regarding_legacy_members_(FFXIV)) - Are you a Legacy Members? Got any questions?

[FINAL FANTASY XIV PRE-ORDER, NO ORDER CONFIRMATION] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139345... (/go/thread/view/139345/29979071/Final_fantasy_xiv_pre-order,_no_order_confirmation) - The Order Confirmation might take a few hours. Still having issues? Contact: <strong style="color: #ff0000;">[Digital River Customer Service] [/url] (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com) (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com) (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com) (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com) (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com) 1-800-598-7450

If possible, redirect your questions to a more frequented thread.

But, first and foremost: see if you can find an answer to your question here:

-----------------------------------

[Official Website] na.finalfantasyxiv.com (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com)

[The Lodestone] lodestone.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (http://lodestone.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/)

----------------

[FINAL FANTASY XIV Support Center] support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5382&la=1&SQEXSC=h2jl4qa23jhh65luoggbfhkpc0)

[Customer Support] [url="https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1"]support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1)

----------------

[Square Enix Account Management System] www.square-enix.com/na/account/ (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/)

[Beta Tester Forum] www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/inde... (http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/index_na.html)

[Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn &ndash; beta FAQ] eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-%E2%80%93-beta-faq)

---------------------------------------------------

[FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)]

Grimoire
14th Jun 2013, 13:42
[UNDERFRAUD?] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (/go/thread/view/139231/29970199/underfraud)

Joseph]

Thank you very much for posting your concern over not being able to access the most recent beta test for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. And in cases such as this you would want to post such inquiries at forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php (http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php). As that would be where you can best get assistance with this. Also please note that the Servers are not up at the moment, and there will be additional testing later on. So you would want to keep an eye on the posted times and date for the Beta testing. Thanks again for posting and have an excellent day!

-SQUARE-ENIX MODERATOR

SoulEaterQUEEN
14th Jun 2013, 14:02
This is a useful thread, and I would like to bump up the thread. Sorry about posting in more than one topic :(

SofaKingGood
14th Jun 2013, 15:54
Very useful thread. THanks for all the hard work on the firumns, I see you extingushing a lot of fires

demyxx
16th Jun 2013, 17:53
Edit: May you please put my topic up. It's the run-down of general questions.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29970329/Beta_=_Weekends_only._QA.)

moooka
17th Jun 2013, 02:06
The beta didn't finish though, only the first period of phase 3 did. More phase 3 testing will be done soon.

SoulEaterQUEEN
17th Jun 2013, 10:35
This topic is similar to the other posted topics you have, *however*, it has a sign up sheet for character info, I think it's much better organization tool than the rest of the topics.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29969795/Attention:_all_ps3_players&post_num=45#533140381)

Caradavina
23rd Jun 2013, 09:29
Apparently I'm another idiot who can't use the search function properly, and saw this bumped thread. Keeping it bumped for others. Deleted my imposing thread.

rottenaqua
23rd Jun 2013, 16:47
You can post this until you're blue in the face and you're still gonna get the same thread asking for the same thing.

It's basically common sense to check to see if your question has already been asked but nope.

Nicrox
4th Jul 2013, 09:57
Hello I'm a new player too the Final Fantasy World. FF14 looks sweet and I'm excited to be an ew player after years of pvp I'm looking forward too crafting and pve. I have been trying to find some answers to the questions I have and hope that maybe I can find the answers here.

1- Is there item decay
2- Is there player housing
3- Can you own a player vendor
4- Can you own and operate a player store
5- Can you build and own boats
6- Can you build and own ships
7- What is cyrsta
8- How much is a full sub

Andryste
4th Jul 2013, 10:52
As for the things I can answer, there are not to many mind you lol,

for Player Housing there is supposed to be some later, like after launch date, once they see how much the servers can handle.

You can have a sort of Player Vendor around level 20, it is an NPC that you call to you that can hold items, sell items on the Market Board (Auction House), hold Gil ect...

Crysta so far is Only implimented in Final Fantasy XI and has nothing to do with XIV ARR, it may at some point but I am unsure, and it is in game currentcy for things you would buy like clothing and things of that nature.

And so far the only thing I know about subs, that might still possibly change, is on this site lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaig... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html#legacy) and says this

<table width="641" class="contents-table2" cellspacing="1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="contents-table2TH1 txtCenter" width="20%">Membership Tiers</td>
<td class="contents-table2TH1 txtCenter" width="20%">Price</td>
<td class="contents-table2TH1 txtCenter" width="20%">Billing Cycle</td>
<td class="contents-table2TH1 txtCenter" width="20%">Max Playable
Characters
per World</td>
<td class="contents-table2TH1 txtCenter" width="20%">Max Playable
Characters
Total</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="contents-table2TD2 txtCenter text-note">Legacy</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD2 txtCenter text-note">$9.99 *</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD2 txtCenter text-note">30 Days</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD2 txtCenter text-note">8</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD2 txtCenter text-note">40</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">Entry</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">$12.99 *</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">30 Days</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">1</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">8</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">Standard</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">$14.99 *</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">30 Days</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">8</td>
<td class="contents-table2TD1 txtCenter">40</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Nicrox
4th Jul 2013, 11:33
I've pre-ordered it and looking forward to playing. I know very little about FF14 and I'm looking forward to playing. I'll probley get the standard sub for $14.99 because if I'm right the Legacy sub are for the 1.0 ppl. Since I want to be a hardcore crafter I'm hoping that you can place your vendor in your house and have more then 1 vendor in your house. And if they have player shops or store or a market tent to place vendors that would be sweet.

Andryste
4th Jul 2013, 12:14
Yes the Legacy sub is Only for 1.0 members who subbed to it for 3+ months, as far as the vendor goes I know the NPC that you get around level 20 is available by the use of a bell from an Inn room, and from a bell that you ring in the general area that stores are located, weather or not they will be available from your house or anything like that I am unsure but they can take items that you give them and sell them on the auction house if you tell them to do so, and whenever an item is sold a little pop up screen will tell you that it is sold and your vendor has your gil. I can't remember for the life of me what they are called but the first time they become available to you there will be a help screen pop up and tell you what they are used for.

They do have a Market Board (Auction House) available for use that you can buy anything and everything off of Ex. weapons, crafting items, armour ect...

Also as far as the subs go, weather you get the Entry or Standard sub you will be able to join any guild you want with any character you create. For example you can have one character know All the crafting/gathering skills as well as know all the classes/jobs.

Nicrox
4th Jul 2013, 19:18
I wonder if anyone has the answers to the questions. I'll add a few more questions maybe a vet can answer them

9- Is there a colour palette to change the colour of the item when crafting that item.

10- As a hardcore crafter is crafting a worthy profession for making $$$

11- Can you buy/sell housing deeds.

12- How many different kinds of player mounts are in game

13- Can playe homes have crafting stations

14- Are there deed or schematics in game and can you sell them

15- How many items can a player vendor hold

Grimoire
9th Jul 2013, 04:47
Should you come across any informative threads, then make sure to post the links here so that I can add them to the topic.

If you no longer have any need for your thread(s), you can report it to the [Moderators] for deletion by selecting [Report Post] - [Other].

Winterheart_poetry
13th Aug 2013, 21:28
Hey guys,

I was just wondering about a few things and would definitely appreciate any type of help here. Some of these questions might be a bit of "omg read the website" but to be honest, I can't find any of the information I'm looking for on the FFIX website because it's either unclear or simply isn't there at all. SE is seriously lacking in this department compared to other companies, which is now really making me want to turn away from this game already. So, for the questions:

1. How much is FFIX: ARR going to cost monthly and how do I set the payment up?

2. After purchasing the game, will I be able to download the game somewhere and if so, where? With this I'm also talking about future purposes. I'm currently trying to put a new gaming pc together just for this game but if I can't download the game after release I'm not going to bother. Most other games give me the option to download the game at my own leisure, which is nice for if something happens to my hard-drive or whatever and I need to re-install the game. Adding to this: I want to buy the collector's edition for this game and still get the early access (and thus, a download before the game launches so I don't have to wait till my store opens so I can pick the game up). Better yet, why isn't it possible to get the collector's edition right now so I can install the game and be ready for launch time?

3. Is there active customer support, in-game and out-of-game?

4. Will there be game-specific community forums or is this it? The forums seem kind of dead to me.

5. On the forums all I'm seeing is posts about "I bought the game, how can I download? How do I get access to the early start? Where can I find my code? When does the early start, start?". This greatly adds to my feeling that the customer support is going to be below satisfactory before/after launch and will have a negative effect on my gaming experience. Is this "unclarity" something I can expect from SE and I should try to accept for what it is?

6. Is it normal that I get logged out from the forums every time I click on something? This is the third time I have to write this thread because I get logged out constantly.

My apologies for being a bit worked up. I really want to give this game a shot but the different websites/links/languages are giving me a headache (some parts of http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/?lang=uk are in German for no apparent reason, for example if you click on product -> alliance). For me it only seems logical that there's a single, clear, website on which all information can be found without a hassle, from information about the game itself to how the game is set up for play and everything in between.

Please clear these things up for me guys, I'm going insane here.

Greetings,
Winterheart

Jyuann
14th Aug 2013, 11:13
Hello, Im new here too, but i'll try my best to answer your questions.

1) You can check out the price here -> http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/ It cost less if you decide to subscribe in bulk.

2)As of right now you can only download the launcher. The client can be downloaded and installed before early access starts as long as you pre-ordered regardless of whether you purchased a digital copy or not(Im assuming). Im pretty sure you can download and install it anytime you want. About your collection, sorry I can't help you with that, you might want to contact the store from which you ordered your copy from on when you can collect it.

3) There definitely will be customer support, how active it will be I am not too sure.

4) I am hopping around forums, mainly this website, this one http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/12-English-Forums , and this http://ffxivrealm.com/forums/ . The english forums and ffxivrealms seems to have more activity

5) I ordered from a game website and they told me about early access registration, downloading of clients etc. so I didn't have any problem with that. What I saw from the forums did make me feel that SE's customer support is lacking but I didn't have any personal experience with it so I can't help you there.

6) I don't have any problems with that =/

For me, I watch the developers youtube videos as well as other gameplay videos. You can easily search for them on youtube and it gives you a more in-depth explanation of the features in FFXIV. Hope I helped.

Gonzothegreat198
14th Aug 2013, 17:43
It's funny. SE has this wonderful website for ARR that looks awesome and has some great information...except what's important. No real news feed, no forums, no real information about anything except preorders. IMO it looks like someone dropped the ball hard here

Bhalditar
14th Aug 2013, 21:59
Square Enix has an official forum for FINAL FANTASY XIV here:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

By using the Dev Tracker, you can keep up with the latest developments by reading official posts from the community team and developers.

For additional information about the game, you may want to check out the official YouTube channel here:
http://youtube.com/FINALFANTASYXIV

Square Enix also posts updates through their official Twitter and Facebook channels for the games here:
http://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN
https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV

Keeping tabs on their social media is a great way to stay updated.

Hope that helps!

Gonzothegreat198
15th Aug 2013, 03:36
Square Enix has an official forum for FINAL FANTASY XIV here:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

Actually that information is incorrect. The forum you reference is the Original FFXIV forums. We are speaking about FFXIV: ARR. If you actually look through those forums, the only good source of information there is the dev tracker. Barring that most of the information is months old and has no bearing on ARR, other than the naming conventions for the races ofc.

EDIT: just went through the Dev Tracker and the majority of it is the letters from the Producer anyways.

I don't see why they would create a beautiful website for ARR and put nothing there of true value, mainly Forums and actual Updates.

Winterheart_poetry
15th Aug 2013, 12:41
Thanks for the replies guys. I think Gonzo pretty much nailed it when he said that the official ARR website looks amazing, has "some" information but is missing everything that is truly important. Jyuann shared the link to the product website, which is great and all but again shows the main problem: is there actually any official information ON THE OFFICIAL WEBSITES about how much ARR will cost us monthly? I can't find a anything about that.

So far, every bit of information I was looking for, I had to find in interviews/reports etc. by OTHER companies and websites. Why is it so darn hard to reach the ARR community, find information about the payment system and details, find info about how everything will happen at launch and what we should do to prepare. I haven't got a clue where to start with these guys.

MiZZL3
15th Aug 2013, 13:21
winterheart, as you start to work with SE you will start to realize they could honestly care less about their community.

ZexionVI
18th Aug 2013, 07:22
I know I could make a thread for all these questions, but making a thread one after the other is like spamming to me.

Anyways, I was hoping to get some answers, and I'm hoping someone can help me.

Questions:
1. Do characters made in Beta carry over to the release?
2.Is it possible to change servers?
3.Are you allowed to have multiple classes, and if so, how many and how does that work?

Sorry if these are confusing, but thank you for reading :)

LSFear
18th Aug 2013, 07:25
1. Yes
2. to transfer charcters no. ( no info on that i have seen so far)
3. yes all of them but only have 1 job. (not being in a job makes you overall weaker then if you were in a specifc job.)

SGT_Lightning
18th Aug 2013, 08:00
I know I could make a thread for all these questions, but making a thread one after the other is like spamming to me.

Anyways, I was hoping to get some answers, and I'm hoping someone can help me.

Questions:
1. Do characters made in Beta carry over to the release?
2.Is it possible to change servers?
3.Are you allowed to have multiple classes, and if so, how many and how does that work?

Sorry if these are confusing, but thank you for reading :)

1. Yes, they do.
2. No, once you are in one server, that's it. So be sure to tell your friends which server you will play on so they can join you.
3. Yes you can have as many as you want but while classes have very little restrictions to mix abilities jobs have more. Classes will have more freedom in terms of slotting skills from other classes and being more well rounded in terms of stats. While jobs are more focused towards roles, will have unique skills and be restricted to using only 2 classes for other skills. Also you can instantly change to another class simply by equipping a different weapon or tool. Jobs must be unlocked.

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 18:02
Is this game going to be p2p?

Is this a F2p?

Do i have to buy cyristal to get more content?

I pre ordered it do all pre order discs get the game free or do we have to pay?

I like FF13 it is a long epic game but if its FF14 a p2p game >.< its not worth my time i got other games to play... And most of my ps3 friends would be very angry with me... LOL... No offence but hope this is a f2p process like every other final fantasy games like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13-1,13-2 not sure about the 11 never played it neither 7... So hopefully its a f2p game so everyone can enjoy ur games... :(:(:(:(:(

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 18:03
sorry for got to put >>>x<<< This fourm is for FF14 ( FFXIV ) sorry bad spelling

PoppaDoc
24th Aug 2013, 18:33
it is not f2p tho u get 30days free to try it out

Wulfke
24th Aug 2013, 18:45
Most good MMORPG arent f2p , they have to keep up servers , patches and so on.

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 21:27
I see... Well when i get the disc i might not play it might put it on display instead. 30 day trial of the decent game of the year its not worst but its ok its not too bad but I wish it would b f2p because buying the disc and stuff is very expensive... Is there w away to support this company?

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 21:29
or make ideas for FFXIV?

PoppaDoc
24th Aug 2013, 23:17
i would much rather pay a flat sub rate for a good game than to get a free crappy one... but thats just me >.>

Shamanbabe
24th Aug 2013, 23:24
Generally better to pay a monthly fee for games, F2P u end up spending moar with micro transactions
Where are P2P u get the content u paid for

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 23:29
Generally better to pay a monthly fee for games, F2P u end up spending moar with micro transactions
Where are P2P u get the content u paid for

totally agree. i spend last year in a f2p game called Atlantica Online 1300 bugs. So... i dont have a problem with monthly payments for getting everything xD

Wulfke
25th Aug 2013, 07:55
my brother played a game f2p called Knight Online and u had 10 different mobs and no help from a GM . Most of the players used hax aswell .

FluxForce
25th Aug 2013, 14:32
Hi all, I've purchased a digital PC download copy of FFXIV (Pre-order); it appears in my game list on the Square Enix EU webite. I've got a account with the Square Enix account management page; FFXIV appears under the service account tab (Says "Code registration currently unavailable"). And I've also received a receipt for the game via email, which also says I have to wait for another email from them nearer the time of early access.

My questions are:

Am I missing a step?
Why can't I download the client via any of these pages?
Am I going to have to wait untill the 27th before I get another email, because I brought the "early access" on the 24th?

Very confused :scratch:

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 17:29
No clue, im in the same boat as you.

Bought the game, have been charged. No code, no download link, no way to register with the main FF14 site.

Great, you guys have my money...how about an email with the download link, or code so I can at least register...something please.

I too assumed that the game was live for early access and preordering the early access was at least my ticket to download the game early (fine if you want to make me wait for my early access and do it on launch I guess...at least let me download my purchase)

Red flags are starting to go up over this game for me.

cadcsa
25th Aug 2013, 17:52
ok, so first and fore most, I want something addressed. I'm an early access user, when I first created a new character (separate from my Beta Character), I tried to join a North American server called "Leviathan," the server was full. (well, I only wanted to save my character creation process).

So I exited the game, and started it back up later. when I wanted to select my character again, the character selection screen appeared, but no character... then I was given an option to import either my newly created character, or my character from Beta, I imported my new character. Now, the North American servers were no longer available, so I chose the JP server "Titan" like I had done when I was in Beta. It worked just fine..

However, I'm not supposed to be in the JP server, given that I'm from NA, so I was wondering if once the NA server issues are resolved, will I be able to export my character to this other server?
------------

My second question, I was one of the people who pre-ordered the game, it is my understanding that we're supposed to receive a moogle hat, and a cat looking doll thing, but I didn't receive either... will these items be available upon official launch of the game in August 27th? or did I miss something?

------------

Lastly, I'm a Youtuber, my youtube channel is: www.youtube.com/cadcTV , and I'm wondering if the NDA restrictions on this game will be lifted 100% upon official release of this game on August 27?

Thanks for your time =)

bradedlin
25th Aug 2013, 18:18
I have the same issue, I don't know if its funny or sad that I keep emailing the support team and they paste how to create an account and send it back. Then I have to re open the ticket and wait another 15 hours. I just need the registration code, I set up account and p[aid for the game. Sure enough just the link to create an account. This may be the worst support ever.

FluxForce
25th Aug 2013, 18:25
Check this other thread I made guys: Had some helpful information on it.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5451&p=58493

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 19:05
I saw somewhere that character migration will be charged, though with all of the issues that have happened this week I would try to send SE an e-mail and ask them about it, since you were locked out of the server you wanted, and the appropriate region. They may transfer it for you as a courtesy fix.
It may also be part of the 30-day free package, since there are no charges in place right now.

The pre-order perks will arrive via your in-game Moogle delivery system on the 27th.

I don't know anything as far as the restrictions go.
Good luck!

cadcsa
25th Aug 2013, 19:34
There's a charge for transferring your character? damn, that is lame, lmao...

so I take it this game is also going to be a monthly fee to play it... do you know how much it will be?

Also, thanks for the info on the pre-order items, greatly appreciate it =)

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 19:39
I'm pretty sure there is going to be a charge, but again, not positive. Probably a precaution against RMTs.
I believe the monthly fee was $13-15 but I don't think it is set yet. That includes 8 characters, one per server. Any more than that and there is an extra charge.

Glad to help!

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 19:49
The current subscription plans are:

$12.99 per month for 6 months for up to 8 characters per server and a maximum of 40 characters.

$13.99 per month for 3 months for up to 8 characters per server and a maximum of 40 characters.

$14.99 per month for 1 month for up to 8 characters per server and a maximum of 40 characters.

$12.99 per month for 1 month for up to 1 character per server and a maximum of 8 characters.

Payment Methods:

Subscribers cannot pay through the psn at the time of this post.

Credit Cards or Debit Cards
Square-Enix accept a variety of credit cards and debit cards that customers can register to pay for various services and subscription fees.

Square Enix Crysta
Square Enix Crysta can be added to a Square Enix account using a payment method such as a credit card, and then used for various services such as subscription fees.
http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/charge.html

Time cards can be purchased at retailers.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

cadcsa
25th Aug 2013, 20:38
I still need to find out about when NDA restriction, But Thanks for all the helpful information! =D

Beth_Sycamore
4th Sep 2013, 20:13
1. Could player created characters move by using the mouse to click on where you want them to go?
2.. Is it possible for players to own a chocobo or an airship?
3. Is it possible to become a red mage in FF: ARR?
4. Does the summoner job let you summon Bahamut, Leviathan, or other summonable spirits?
5. Would players be able to have their own house?
6. Would players be able to craft or to make items?
7. Are there any ridable mounts for the players?
8. Will players be able to have a moogle travel along with them?
9. Could the game be played in a window that doesn't fill the whole screen?
10.. Are there any game staff or veterans that would help newbie players out, if they're in trouble?
11. Would FF: ARR run special events during special days like holidays?

Kiritos
4th Sep 2013, 20:28
1. Could player created characters move by using the mouse to click on where you want them to go?
click to move, im not too sure (downloading the patch or I would check for you)
2.. Is it possible for players to own a chocobo or an airship?
Both actually, chocobo on land airship for land
3. Is it possible to become a red mage in FF: ARR?
Black
4. Does the summoner job let you summon Bahamut, Leviathan, or other summonable spirits?
a "summoning class" would be a carbuncle!
5. Would players be able to have their own house?
Rumored to be in the next big version but yes the creators are making this in the near future
6. Would players be able to craft or to make items?
yes, numerous crafting abilities such as blacksmithing goldsmithing etc.
7. Are there any ridable mounts for the players?
chocobo and lync tiger are the ones I have at the moment.
8. Will players be able to have a moogle travel along with them?
as a pet yes along with many more like a baby behemoth
9. Could the game be played in a window that doesn't fill the whole screen?
Graphics settings to play in window mode and full window and full screen
10.. Are there any game staff or veterans that would help newbie players out, if they're in trouble?
numerous quests have you go back to other sections or least pass through that higher lvl chars could potentially help, so far the help I have received every time I needed it has been nicely given
11. Would FF: ARR run special events during special days like holidays?
not too sure tbh

Beth_Sycamore
5th Sep 2013, 01:02
I do have more questions to ask.

12. Could FF: ARR be downloaded from the internet, or could it only be bought from a store like GameStop?
13. How do I pay for the monthly fees?
14. How many characters am I allowed to have on my account?
15. Is there no way I could have an engineer character?
16 Could created characters wear eyeglasses?
17. Could players have the option of height and width in character creation?
18. Are debit cards accepted?

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 03:03
12:Both
13:Online with credit card or buy pre paid cards.
14:Not to sure as there a temp limitation at the moment.
15:Do you mean a Solo character just for making items? well no as you need to get to level 10 on an attack class before you can make anything.
17:yes, how big or small depends on what you pick as a base.
18:yes.