PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] How about a LOK movie?

Pages : 1 [2]

OugaBooga
15th Jun 2005, 05:43
there WILL be a movie eventually,it's just gonna happen,YOU'LL ALL SEE ! ! !

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
15th Jun 2005, 06:53
unless they took out loads of the story, there couldnt be a movie.

there is simply too much plot to cover in 2 hours of film. maybe a trilogy like LOTR and the Matrix.

TBS
15th Jun 2005, 12:59
Indeed - a trilogy could work...but that makes it even less likely to happen, a studio will be loath to invest in a single movie...they wouldnt invest in a trilogy for something that isnt well known. The best thing to hope for is a BO1 movie that also expands on some of the backstory which we havent yet seen in the games (more on Vorador, more on Kain as a nobleman, more on Nosgoth society etc, etc). If the film was successful then SR -> Defiance -> whatever comes after could be dealt with in two follow up movies (Im not really sure how to deal with BO2 - throwing it in at the point in the plot which is the end of SR2 in the games would confuse moviegoers...perhaps it should be dealt with in a monologue by Kain describing his new memories with a few "flashback" type scenes to introduce the Hylden).

TBS
16th Jun 2005, 13:04
another Eidos game being made into a movie:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/15/news_6127535.html

Do you think Vin Diesel is a LoK fan?

OugaBooga
16th Jun 2005, 23:45
yea,he just may,BUT i think he'd want to buy the game rights which i believe wouldn't be the best ideaR

Black Element
20th Jun 2005, 21:18
If they did the LoK movie, I think that Ian McDermond (Palpatine, Sideous, Starwars episodes 1-3) would make a perfect Moebius. What do you think?

Omega
20th Jun 2005, 23:18
I think this has been done before ;)

However, I think an LoK movie would have to be CG. It just wouldn't be LoK without having the original voice-talent.

TBS
21st Jun 2005, 00:03
yeah - CG definately, Mobius is one of the best voices in the series...it would be a terrible shame to have a mobius with a different voice.

weaponx
22nd Jun 2005, 12:52
i just wouldnt see it if it wasnt cg and had the original voice-talent coz it would ruin lok for me if i saw it

TBS
22nd Jun 2005, 12:55
Id still see it - but Id go in prepared to be disappointed.

The Just
22nd Jun 2005, 13:23
yeah, and imagine if they actually used some of the cast from the game to play the character in the movie like Simon Timpleman, heh that would be interesting

TBS
22nd Jun 2005, 13:44
yes, that would be interesting...

Corto
22nd Jun 2005, 14:13
Peter Weller as he appeared in The Order would do the best Moebius.

OugaBooga
22nd Jun 2005, 16:25
#1. i think that it ALL depends on the movies budget & the producers passion of the game.I REALLY DOUBT there's many "OLDER FOLK" out there that have the passion needed to make an outstanding LoK movie series.

#2. I think a TV series would prolly do LoK more justice if it was done sorta like stargate was since that would allow the voice actors the "needed" exposure for the eventual REAL film. (kinda like what time has done for them in the game series).

#3.LEAVE the "ENDING" of LoK for the movie,allow the TV series to explain all the loose ends 1st.This also is how old time greats have become cult classics like star trek.

#4. I DON'T think it HAS TO BE CG,i'am sure you true fanatics would still appreciate it :D

Corto
22nd Jun 2005, 18:08
I just hope noone ever do a movie about Legacy of Kain. It's really good story that took 5 titles to tell right. Making a movie or tv series about it could seriously jeopardize the integrity of such a nice fantasy universe like Legacy of Kain. It's a story born to live an die with video games.

fneh
22nd Jun 2005, 18:53
without a doubt, Mr T!

Guardian OF The Reaver
22nd Jun 2005, 21:22
So are they actaulll planning a movie or are you just speculating here.

TBS
22nd Jun 2005, 21:55
"If they did the LoK movie,"

speculating.

The Just
23rd Jun 2005, 02:11
in my opinion I would stick to making a anime or a computer generated movie like spirits within(final fantasy) because it would probably be a lot easier for both creators and actors alike not to mention it would look a lot better like that.

Raziel04
25th Jun 2005, 09:04
I think the people to do the characters if there was going to be a LIVE ACTION movie would have to be Johnny Depp or Christian Bale for Raziel. Simon Templeman, he just needs to work out a little bit to look like Kain. A good bald guy to look and sound like Moebius, and the same voice for the Elder God no changes needed. Although I don't know who will do the voices for Vorador.

Raziel04

The Reaper of Souls

Smoke_Z
26th Jun 2005, 02:34
There was a guy in "City of Lost Children." I'm too lazy to look up his name ATM, but provided he can speak english, he'd make a good Moebius. (Though he might have to act in a pit.)

Raziel could be done as a synthespian. (Do they even use that term any more?)

Door
27th Jun 2005, 16:03
I only read the first page, but I would like to say that Blade 2 was complete garbage.
I loved the first Blade movie, and in a stupid fashion bought the BLade 2 dvd thinking it would be just as good of an experience.
Oh great! A movie where the CGI effects blend in HORRIBLY with the rea ltime footage, the fighting choreography was awful, and the whole concept (which had great potential) was terribly done.

I would like to see an all CGI movie, but I thin kyou people are under-estimating how incredibly long it takes to make CGI scenes. Just to make a really cool and action packed 5 minutes of CGI could take a couple of months.

Apocrypha Roxy
28th Jun 2005, 23:28
Never a live-action film. Ever. EVAR. It would detract from the way the story should be envisioned.
CGI itself is too costly to make a full-length film (as was stated before).
Anime/Manga? Sure. If it's done properly, like Ghost in the Shell II's classic animation blended with some cgi-elements, it will be absolutely gorgeous.

And rather than a theatrical release (which would be nice, but wouldn't bring in much money), a DVD release would be in the cards. But one for each "episode", if you will. Not necessarily game-by-game, but tale-by-tale. They then blend seamlessly with each other. Makes up a nice collection for your home theatre. Think of the outtakes on each disc!

And the DVD covers could each have different artwork on them, and the spines would spell out Legacy of Kain when all the episodes are put together on the shelf. :)

Also, you must keep all of the original voiceactors. And stick to the plot. Please. PLEASE.

This likely will never happen, this kind of thread has been done to death a million times, but it's nice to dream. (Besides, we have fanfiction writers to make our 'movies' for us - try writing one, you'll enjoy it)

GREENMIST
27th Aug 2005, 05:09
ya no live action nobody could pull it off respecting the story of the game i would want to see a CGI of the Entier series

Austrid
27th Aug 2005, 18:49
Id still see it - but Id go in prepared to be disappointed.

I'd have to agree on this since hollywood has a way of screwing things up.
The only way I definatly would not see it,however, would be if it starred Tom Cruise as Kain and Brad Pitt as Raziel. shudders

VampireKain
27th Aug 2005, 20:14
CGI - definitely
true voice actors- definitely

I think a LoK moves CAN become a blockbuster!!!!Even greater than TLotR,BUT onley if made by a true fan...or even better-Amy as a director :rolleyes:
But of course there has to be a hudge buget I think.

ScorpionRoman
21st Sep 2005, 00:57
Hi all...i hope that someone will be interested to make a LOK movie or a serie...i am angry that BLood rayne the movie will appear...and the story was so lame..comparing with LOK...I'll stay and hope that LOK movie will appear someday...what do you think?

soothsayer
21st Sep 2005, 01:05
A blood omen Movie could definitely work, but the rest of the series would be difficult to transfer to film. I do think People should do some spin offs based in Nosgoth, but it's kinda hard to follow the subtle rules of fate, like possibly not understanding how there are four separate timelines, with completely different histories that can't interact, like the neosarafan in the forth and the legions of the Nemesis in the first.

rabban
21st Sep 2005, 13:54
the thing about bloodrayne is it is a simple story ScorpionRoman...and though generic is quite a proven moneymaker given the blade, van helsing and the rest of those types of movies. lok the movie would have to establish a lot of stuff before getting to the meat of the story...if they ever started a lok movie i'd perfer starting with sr1...and explaining bo1 in backstory or flshbacks.

i would rather like to daydream on how a great top quality live action version of lok might look with the best talents in the film industry working on it...rather then the idea of just making a lok movie.

i also like the cgi idea too...just because more of the original actors could star in it.

Jacitb
26th Sep 2005, 07:23
If there was a bunch of movie adaptions of Legacy of Kain then what rating would suit it? What songs would be great for the soundtrack? Maybe a high horror rating and maybe Slipknot and Korn for the soundtrack?

rabban
26th Sep 2005, 10:33
...NC-17...i wanna see everysingle move executed in some fashion or another.

...arcana for the musical score...the music should seem like a cross between creepy gregorian like chanting, sorta polyphonic and angry and baroque and romantic era type of music.

...with disturbed/korn and the like as the soundtrack using riffs and variations from the musical score.

Omega
26th Sep 2005, 13:17
If there was a bunch of movie adaptions of Legacy of Kain then what rating would suit it? What songs would be great for the soundtrack? Maybe a high horror rating and maybe Slipknot and Korn for the soundtrack?

Absolutely not.

One of the reasons why the LoK series is so great, in my opinion, is because of the original soundtrack created by the great guys at Crystal Dynamics. Adding Slipknot, Korn (or any other band for that matter) to it would cheapen the series.

Therefore, the only songs that should be used are those by Kurt, Mike, and Jim.

As for rating, I think over here in the UK the rating would be a 12a, or 15 - depending on how much blood and violence is used. There wouldn't be any swearing - as the dialogue is so wonderfully over elaborate - and definately no sex or nudity. So the "films" would have to be judged solely on the level of violence.

rabban
26th Sep 2005, 14:40
i don't think he is saying that korn or slipknot would be used in the movie but that it would go along with the movie...or they could be used without the sugarcoating that helps separate music genres.

Omega
27th Sep 2005, 12:04
The last part of your post makes no sense to me... :confused:

i don't think he is saying that korn or slipknot would be used in the movie but that it would go along with the movie

You mean the likes of the E3 Defiance trailer, that featured a "nu metal" score?

Personally, I really don't like Slipknot, and only one song from Korn (Freak on a Leash) - and any advert using such "songs" (I use the term loosly, too ;)) I'd probably ignore.

But hey, thats just me.

rabban
1st Oct 2005, 13:44
sorry for not posting sooner i kinda lost this thread after it was moved...don't you mean the first part?

i mean like how you will see a movie that is a period piece like say bram stokers dracula...that has a song called Love Song For A Vampire...or interview with a vampire...that has a guns and roses rendition of sympathy for the devil...or they could take the melody and or rhythm of a modern song and make it sond older...arcana did more then a few evil sounding gregorian chants and a few primative sounding polyphonic songs as well...thats why they have my vote...

btw since we are speaking on musical scores and such...watch spiderman 2 and listen to the music played during the entire scene when the gentle scientist puts on his new tentacles and tries to control his new fusion reactor...close your eyes and the music will seem to belong to a real hellraiser of a movie ;)

Omega
1st Oct 2005, 17:02
Well, if there was an LoK movie - I wouldn't want to see it degraded by rock, nor see it turn in to a cliche horror film (think Underworld, Queen of the Damned, and whatnot).

Now, they were all good films, but like I say, not LoK.

rabban
1st Oct 2005, 19:53
there are plenty of moments in music where you actually listen to mozart,beetoveen etc and did not know it...i'm sure the opposite can occur.

Omega
1st Oct 2005, 22:55
I'm not saying that rock/metal music can't create a feeling of horror and whatnot.

What I am saying it's that rock/metal music has become over used in the horror genre, and I definately don't want LoK to fall in to that cliche.

rabban
3rd Oct 2005, 14:17
well what i'm saying is that a rock/metal song...(not the style of it) can have a "classical" rendition...for example the pretty violin sonata that lestat does in that...horrible movie queen of the damned was in the score as well as the soundtrack...and i think that if the work by korn, slipknot was used for a lok movie it would either be translated into classical instruments, used as a jumping off point for the forms. the pure rock music could be sold as connected to the movie but not part of the score because of lyrical intentions or the spirit of the film which i'm under the impression is why i think Jacitb mentions korn and slipknot in the first place.

rabban
22nd Oct 2005, 23:19
so if they were doing a bio pic on umah what actress should play here?

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Oct 2005, 23:31
so if they were doing a bio pic on umah what actress should play here?

None, IMO. One, the idea would never come to fruition and two, I still defend my CGI notion in the LOK movie thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=12124) where your inquiry is best suited for.

rabban
23rd Oct 2005, 01:59
aww...then what celebrity most resembles umah to you?

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Oct 2005, 02:29
aww...then what celebrity most resembles umah to you?

Hmm...offhand I can think of the following:

Selma Blair (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004757/)
Famké Janssen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000463/)
former TR model, Rhona Mitra (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0593961/) (and if you're a Boston Legal & Nip/Tuck fan, you'll agree).

Give me some more time to ponder over this to see if I can come up with any more. My mind's drawing a blank tonight. :o

On a side note, I really think Tilda Swinton (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0842770/) would make a good Ariel. (And she can actually act). :D

rabban
23rd Oct 2005, 02:41
Tilda Swinton looks and sounds great for umah...saw her in The Beach and Orlando.

Rhona Mitra for umah...i've seen nip/tuck a few times but never saw her.(i'm surprised what network t.v. can get away with these days)

what about Jennifer Connelly or Monica Bellucci?

one has played a vampire at least twice and the other can act!

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Oct 2005, 02:52
Tilda Swinton looks and sounds great for umah...saw her in The Beach and Orlando.

Somehow I'm thinking you meant Ariel here as I don't think Tilda would make a good Umah at all.

Rhona Mitra for umah...i've seen nip/tuck a few times but never saw her.(i'm surprised what network t.v. can get away with these days)

She's got the exotic look and sultry demeanor going for her. (She just started on Nip/Tuck this season, BTW.

what about Jennifer Connelly or Monica Bellucci?

one has played a vampire at least twice and the other does not seem to age at all...and she can act.

No-go on Connelly. She's too serious of an actor for one, and not exotic/mysterious enough to be Umah. Bellucci on the other hand, I could see, however, I'd much rather see her as Kaileena in the PoP movie.

rabban
23rd Oct 2005, 04:33
Somehow I'm thinking you meant Ariel here as I don't think Tilda would make a good Umah at all.

doh...tiEpo

No-go on Connelly. She's too serious of an actor for one, and not exotic/mysterious enough to be Umah.

hmm...i never saw umah as exotic...her voice seems so aristocratic and decadent that exotic never passed my mind. i think Connelly looks the part because she looks like she could play power hungry easy...i'd agree with you that she is too serious a actress if it weren't for the hulk. or some of her 80's movies.

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Oct 2005, 05:12
doh...tiEpo

No worries. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't off my rocker there (as I've been up for a couple of days). :p Besides, you're entitled to typos because a higher power knows I've made my share of them since I broke my wrist. ;)

hmm...i never saw umah as exotic...her voice seems so aristocratic and decadent that exotic never passed my mind. i think Connelly looks the part because she looks like she could play power hungry easy...i'd agree with you that she is too serious a actress if it weren't for the hulk. or some of her 80's movies.

I'm using exotic in terms of appearance, not speech patterns and/or personality traits. Famké Janssen and Monica Bellucci have also been in roles where they've adopted the "power hungry" nature along with a bit a naivity (which, you can't deny is Umah all-the-way). If she made her way into a film, I'd like to see a creative spin on her character to kind of get her away from how she was portrayed in BO2. She had so much potential and while (IMO) wasn't worthless, she could've been explored better.

And lest we not forget Connelly's recent craptabulous adventure; Dark Water :rolleyes:

EDIT:

I was just pondering over Mortanius:

Hugo Weaving (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0915989/)
Christopher Lee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000489/)
Christopher Walken (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000686/)

How do you like 'dem apples? :p

rabban
23rd Oct 2005, 08:25
I'd like to see a creative spin on her character to kind of get her away from how she was portrayed in BO2.

maybe the best way to go would be to ignore bo2 entirely and show her birth and transition into her vampire nature. i always wondered about that moment when kain was rescuing her because it seemed as though he never intended to.

i like walken's look as well but someone reminded me of his accent...i think hugo would be great, he was one of the inspirations for mortanius in lokd i think.

christopher lee...nah...too big...not wirey enough.

how about this list.

Michael Wincott

lance henriksen

Daniel Day-Lewis

i allways saw

john light

or

Shane Brolly as sarafan raziel/vampire raziel...must... sleep...night

Nexus Reaver
24th Oct 2005, 02:17
Im only gonna say one thing..I would prefer a movie of Lok being CGI but if it were played by actors.....

Orlando Bloom as Raziel

rabban
24th Oct 2005, 03:04
orlando bloom!...yuck...he is too...feminine...and not in a good way!

raziel is a tad more manly...but still a prettyboy...but not the teeny bopper that orlando is...i mean robert townsand is more masculine then orlando bloom!...he might not win in a catfight but still he is more male then bloom is lol.

cgi all the way but i like the idea of a lok casting call...btw

jeremy irons would be a great moebius as well.

Umah Bloodomen
24th Oct 2005, 03:08
Besides, we all know Ben would make a great Raziel...providing he dyes his hair black again. :D ;) :p

rabban ~ I'm a little pressed for time, ATM so I'll comment on your last suggestions for Morty tomorrow (once I have a chance to check them out a bit more). :)

rabban
24th Oct 2005, 05:15
ben lol..i swore that painting in lokd of him had me wondering if raziel was even older then we thought.

soothsayer
24th Oct 2005, 05:39
jeremy irons would make a good Mortainus.

Wayne Pygram has to play Moebius.

Umah Bloodomen
25th Oct 2005, 00:40
rabban ~ Michael Wincott is cool (I really enjoyed him in The Crow).

Was flipping through the channels last night and came across someone I haven't seen in quite a while; Julian Sands (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001696/). I think he'd make a good Moebius, personally. (I can also see Wayne Pygram being a possibility here).

I have to say no-go on Lance Henricksen. Good actor, just not the right role for him, IMO. (Same would apply for Daniel Day-Lewis).

I don't know about Shane Brolly as Raziel, but he would make a killer Turel, IMO. John Light is coming across as a Rahab, IMO, as well.

rabban
25th Oct 2005, 19:16
the warlock julian sands?... i think he could do mortanius but not moebius.

bill nighy, he is moe too me...right down to his voice...

speaking of jeremy irons...time machine...it felt like elder kain went into fledgling kain's body and then got suckered into acting in a B-movie...wow...i was not expecting that from such a popcorn flick.

I don't know about Shane Brolly as Raziel, but he would make a killer Turel, IMO. John Light is coming across as a Rahab, IMO, as well.

yeah...i can't see many who could fit kain or raziel...but vorador...they might as well let paul do it.

Umah Bloodomen
26th Oct 2005, 03:41
the warlock julian sands?... i think he could do mortanius but not moebius.

You betcha! As he's aged over the years he really looks a lot like ol' Moe, IMO.

rabban
26th Oct 2005, 03:52
hmm...gotta see it fer me self.

Umah Bloodomen
26th Oct 2005, 04:07
hmm...gotta see it fer me self.

I'll try to locate a recent picture of him. He hasn't done a lot since Arachniphobia.

rabban
28th Oct 2005, 04:07
Arachniphobia....i did a really good impression of the old guy who got bit in the foot...lol...julian sands could play evil good.

Nexus Reaver
29th Oct 2005, 00:23
all ill say is that after seeing what spiral did in the halloween thread Maybe a live action movie wouldnt be too bad

rabban
29th Oct 2005, 02:33
no...it's bad...it's it's all bad....

dumah's wraith
22nd Nov 2005, 20:03
as a rule , games to movies are terrible[final fantasy-brilliant games-bad film,mortal combat, street fighter]

Guardian OF The Reaver
3rd Mar 2006, 11:23
Ok guys, I've just heard there planning to make a legacy of kain movie.

I'm just waiting on more information on it.

Omega
3rd Mar 2006, 12:16
They are?!

Where the Devil did you read this?!

Anoobish
3rd Mar 2006, 13:26
Google, sure ain't finding it...

fangedwolf
3rd Mar 2006, 13:54
Sadly I believe this is just a misunderstanding.
Heres what I found:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/stories/ps2/raising_kain_legacy_of_kain_movie.html

This article is old, back over a year ago and is talking about little bits of trailor for defiance I believe.
Sorry to burst anyones hopes here.

Anoobish
3rd Mar 2006, 15:47
That's it!? THAT'S THE MOVIE!?... Well, tough luck...

WraithStar
3rd Mar 2006, 16:33
I'd be very surprised if they did make a movie. I probably wouldn't be happy unless it was high-quality CGI with the same voice-actors. Also, if they do make a movie, I don't care for the title "Raising Kain". If it's based on the games, then they should call it either "Blood Omen" or "Soul Reaver", depending on whether it's about Kain or Raziel. If it's just a stand-alone movie with tie-ins to the series, or if it finishes off the EG story arc where Defiance left off, then maybe just call it "Legacy of Kain".

BigKevSexyMan
4th Mar 2006, 02:54
Oh thank GOD!! I was afraid they were going to actually do that. I just had constant thoughts of that Blood Rayne movie and freaked out. Whew.....

FearGhoul
4th Mar 2006, 05:43
Movies aren't really a very good way of telling stories anyway. And they'd have to take half an hour with expository for all the non-LoK fans. How about nightmare casting! I love doing that!

Will Smith as Kain!
Paris Hilton as Ariel!
Adam Sandler as Raziel!

The Reaver Blade
4th Mar 2006, 19:18
For a live action LOK movie to be any good at all in my opinion, it would need to have as much money put into at as one of the LOTR films. Think about all the special effects and what Kain and Raz would need to look like. Because of this, no film company will want to buy the LOK license as the sales of the games themselves were not terrific.

Guardian OF The Reaver
4th Mar 2006, 23:28
Oh thank GOD!! I was afraid they were going to actually do that. I just had constant thoughts of that Blood Rayne movie and freaked out. Whew.....

I wouldnt mind checking that out.