PDA

View Full Version : ***TS3 Wish List...kinda***

froggy_eleven
10th Jan 2003, 07:52
I know that this is the 1000th thread like this but I feel that Free Radical will only benefit from threads like this. Oh and this doesn't cover the Map maker, theres a whole nother thread for that, so I'll get there eventually.

Anyway I just want to start by saying that FR did an AWESOME job making TS1, and TS2. and the one thing I love about both games is the number of options you can change and fiddle with. No other console FPS has the amount of options that TS2 has. but with the amount of options it does have just makes me want more options.

anyway, some of the things that are left out of TS2 make me wonder if the game MAKERS are also game PLAYERS?!?!? Do the people that make these games actually play other games to get ideas and try to emulate the good qualities from these other titles? or do they just try to make stuff as original as possible?? Now I am all for originality, BUT at the same time I am also for stealing great ideas from other people and doing them BETTER.

Take Halo for instance, obviously the benchmark for all future Console FPS's just like GE was before it.(now I am not saying that Halo is better than TS2 because you can't really compare them because they are very different) Now Halo is not even close to as polished in multiplayer as TS2 is, NOT EVEN CLOSE. yet it has many options in it that were over looked by FR. Like individual scoring in team games. how this slipped under FR's radar while making TS2 just baffles me especially with all the stats that they keep in TS2(which by the way is THE coolest feature you could put in a FPS, the more stats the better!) I mean how many of you have played a linked game of Halo, CTF, and saw that tally screen with all the individual kills/assists/deaths and didn't think anything of it until you played the same gametype on TS2 and it was non existent.

this is why I raise that question. are the game MAKERS also game PLAYERS?!?! Do they think "wow, that was a cool idea that bungie did in Halo, I think we should also do that" or are they worried that people will say "thats gay, they stole that from Halo"? in all honesty I say if you are going to steal then steal from the best, steal from the Halo's, and GE's/PD's. why give another game the edge just because you were trying to be original? you see its little things like this that make great games like TS2 just that much better. and its the little things that seperate it from the other games in its genre.

it also makes me wonder who tests these games and how someone never recommended any of the things that I stated above?? I would love to test play games and give my input. I mean I am sure its alot harder than I make it sound, and I am sure that programming this stuff in isn't exactly easy either but tahts their job right, and their goal should be to make the best game possible, not to make the almost best game possible that left a few things out because we were lazy.

Now TS2 is full of little things aswell, and I am sure other game developers are trying to take every idea possible from TS2 that they can, Even Bungie with Halo 2. I mean I love the fully customizable controller and how you can have 4 teams in multiplayer, and how you can run by a torch and light your crossbow arrow. I mean little things like that show just how polished this game truly is and how much thought was put into the little things in TS2. those are things that GAME PLAYERS think of.(and there are a TON more little things in TS2 that make it a great game, those are just a few of them)

which is why I was so dissappointed when little things that are ALREADY in other games are left out, even things that were in the TS1 were left out, like how it would show who killed you and how many times you killed the other people. who's the smart one that took that out?? who lets this happen??

OK now that I got my rant out of the way, now its time for my list of stuff that should be considered for TS3:

-OK first off I am going to get the map maker part out of the way, Definately the coolest feature in the game and how other console FPS's haven't done this yet I have no idea. I'll keep this pretty broad so that I can go more indepth in the Map maker section. I just want to say that I think that FR should put its focal point on the map Maker for TS3. in TS1 the focal point was the Multiplayer, and that got carried into TS2 and improved upon. in TS2 it was the singleplayer which will definately be carried onto TS3 and improved I assume. So for TS3 I feel that they should focus on making the Map Maker the focal point. I mean so much that it should be called "TS3 Map Maker (Timesplitters 3 game also included)". I think it is a necessity.

-Link play is the new thing, first it was 4 player and everyone was in awe of GE with 4 player split screen, and then everybody expected it to be in every game after it. and Link PLay is no different. I remember when I bought "Night Fire" I was REALLY dissappointed that it wasn't a Link game. So thats why I think more options should be integrated into the Link system. LIKE BEING ABLE TO USE YOUR CREATED MAPS IN LINK GAMES. I think this was a big dissappointment for me because I wanted to recreate the old GE levels and play them in the link games. also being able to put bots in Link Games. NOW this is a very small thing because the point of bots is to fill in for people that aren't there, so if you are linking systems the assumption is that you have alot of people. but it would just be a nice option, plus it would allow for the monkey assist to be played in link.(this is more for 2 people that want to play link and have fullscreen with a bunch of bots). also a feature to play co-op linked would be awesome.

ok now a few control things. first the zoom thing should be preset (x2, x5, x10) instead of using the directional pad to move it in and out. just do what halo does, its much easier to work with. ALSO a MELEE ATTACK needs to be put in with EVERY weapon. this is another thing that bugged me, how is something thats so cool in Halo get left out of TS2?? I know they wanted their own Identity which is why there is no jumping (which I agree with) but that is something that needs to be in all FPS's now because there is nothing better than sneaking up on someone and hitting them in the back of the head with your gun. this is another little thing in Halo that you just need to tip your cap to bungie and steal the idea make it better in your own game.

theres a few more things but I can't remember them at the moment, I'll go ahead and post this and come back and post more things later. PLUS the majority of my gripes have to do with the map maker anyway.

anyway thanks FR for reading (If you did) and I hope I can make a difference in the next TS.

thanks

-Froggy-

Century Bot
10th Jan 2003, 10:05
The secondary function of the Flamethrower has been discussed on several other threads; I believe I have a solution.

Basically:
Primary Fire = Fire flammable Liquid
Secondary Fire = Toggle pilot light on/off

This would allow for the flammable liquid to be sprayed around (like the gunpowder) when the pilot light is off. Then when you toggle the pilot light on the flamethrower works in its traditional sense and can be used to ignite any flammable liquid already sprayed.

Does this make sense?
Any thoughts?

sheeps
10th Jan 2003, 11:02
Originally posted by Century Bot
The secondary function of the Flamethrower has been discussed on several other threads; I believe I have a solution.

Basically:
Primary Fire = Fire flammable Liquid
Secondary Fire = Toggle pilot light on/off

This would allow for the flammable liquid to be sprayed around (like the gunpowder) when the pilot light is off. Then when you toggle the pilot light on the flamethrower works in its traditional sense and can be used to ignite any flammable liquid already sprayed.

Does this make sense?
Any thoughts?
That, I think, Is a very cool idea indeed..

What I wouldnt mind seeing is some hands and reload animations in the next one. I wouldn't mind if they didn't put it in at all, infact I want some no hand models to replace my cs models just for fun, but seeing reloading animations is very cool, I mean looking at Perfect Dark after Goldeneye and it's just amazing..

I would love a, what me and my friend calls, Thwacking ability, in otherwords the ability to use the gun as a melee weapon, would be awesome.

But I don't know how they would make that compatible to the gamecube version, oh wait, I'm a fool, use x, x doesnt do anything does it?

That would be awesome! ACK! Bring out TS3 NOW!

lol..:p

They should make a timesplitters gameboy game, that would be cool, either a first person shootem up or a third person would also be cool, a third person like liero.. or stick soldiers (check it out on cnet or i think it's main site is www.whitespaceunlimited.com but don't count on the forums being to top quality ;) )

And if they were to make hands for each model just do it like perfect darks hands, make all the hands so they are fairly strong looking feminim hands or fairly average looking mens hands, like in between, then just put an average quality skin on each pair of hands, and then edit the hands for people like cyber fairy and stuff who have large hands at the end..

And more guns, Timesplitters 2 hasn't got Nearly as many guns as perfect dark did, But true, you don't use much of them, but I would like to see a year 2000 level in the next game where you use guns like the mp5 or the USP, or the UMP!(with mocked up names of course because they don't have legal right to use those names, like what happened to Counter-Strike retail where the Desert Eagle became the Night hawk and the Para became the paraiea or something weird..)..

I don't think online compatability would be much of a biggy for me, the fact is I buy computer games to play online, not console games, without a keyboard then It would be annoying, unless they bring out a microphone for the gamecube.. It may work better on the xbox the online thing.. But if they did online compatability make it so that four people can hook up to one console and all play online, that would be awesome..

And if you could make your own servers would be cool but I don't know about that..

BTW does the xbox work behind a router? Because if it does then the gamecube most likely will..
And Would we have to pay extra to play timesplitters 3 over the internet, like would we have to play 20 bucks each month (australian dollars) because being a teenager without a job (hoping for one soon) That would be highly unattainable.. Oh well, guess I'll just stick to cs if worst comes to worst.

Anyway that's just my mindless babling.. And someone please bring out a Counter-strike clone for gamecube, I want to use real guns! And NO! NO JAMESBOND ****!

I reckon every FPS on consoles should use timesplitters 2 physics, and maybe even engine, the sheer speed and controlability of ts2 is great, very speed..

sheeps
10th Jan 2003, 12:01
Ok, just played it, and there are a few things i'd like to smooth out..

Accuracy.. Guns like the minigun and shotgun are way to accurate..
There is no way that a person could hold such a big heavy gun that fires bullets with such recoil and beable to hit every bullet on target. anyway... It's not to vital, because the game is still fun, but maybe if the game was so you could win using any weapon, like for example if someone were to just camp somewhere with a minigun and mow everyoone down that comes past then that would be slightly unfair, so if the gun was less accurate then maybe it would be different.

oh and Larger story levels, games like halo were fun because the levels were humoungous, maybe not as big as halo, and this may not be so attainable since the way humans live are in such confined spaces, but maybe places like crowded malls, desert areas, forest areas, like so..

I reckon in the controls menu the ability to bind one command to two keys would be good.. And if they dont put in weapon melee attacks in then if they could put a last weapon used button in, and use the "X" key on the gamecube.. otherwise use the X key for weapon melee attacks..

Rakka Rage
10th Jan 2003, 19:46
jumping & leaning...

show the 3d models in the gallery.

sheeps
11th Jan 2003, 02:10
Originally posted by Rakka Rage
jumping & leaning...

show the 3d models in the gallery.
Nah, that wouldn't be neccessary because it would turn into
a bunny hop fest, but leaning, why? Leaning I find is very overated, when you can just sidestep around the corner, it's good in games like medal of honour:frontline where you can aim for ****.. but TS2 is to fast paced for leaning..

Although I would like some more stealth levels, not stealth as in if you shoot, alarm goes off and you fail, but stealth as in you can play the level really loudly if you wish and let everyone know you're there, or you could play with stealth..

Psycho Clown
11th Jan 2003, 02:56
I posted the flamethrower idea post and came up with some ways to light the fuel.

BTW Century Bot thats a really cool improvement of my original idea...that would work much better as u could spray it all over another character and then wherever they walk the fuel could drip off them for a bit and u could light it then watch the flame chase them.

People wanted ways to light it so these are the ways i said earlier in my thread....

To light it you could shoot at it depending on which surface u emptied it on as certain surfaces cause sparks.....if its on the wrong suface then u have to save a bit of fuel in the canister so that when u let go of the button u screw it back on then light it with that. Also certain characters could smoke cigarettes and when u press 2nd function with your your fists out u prod with the cigarette. That way u could light it, but only certain characters can do it as its a special ability. With that as a 2nd function u can also prod people with it instead of just punching.
That should be enough ideas on how to light it.

It would also be cool to have the option of playing a fully slow-mo multiplayer match as that was sweet in PD.

Also the ability to slide like the bots sometimes do..that would be cool as u could slide and shoot at the same time.

I will try and think of some more improvements to add to this thread.

Psycho Clown
11th Jan 2003, 11:10
An addition to the cigarette idea in my above post is that is u prod too much the cigarette is thrown away as it is rendered useless due to all the prodding. This way it would still make it fair for characters that dont have cigarettes.

marko21
11th Jan 2003, 17:51
well what i would have thought would be obvious is whats my request.............FOR GODS SAKE MORE STORY MODE LEVELS!!!!

needs to be 20 minimum really.

froggy_eleven
12th Jan 2003, 00:33
Is anyone going to reply to what I wrote??

Hopefully Free Radical will read this thread

Mista Sinista
12th Jan 2003, 00:47
Why do you complain about the lack of story maps? Just make some in the mapmaker, I made one today. A robofish making plant. It's great hehe.

sheeps
12th Jan 2003, 03:23
Originally posted by Mista Sinista
Why do you complain about the lack of story maps? Just make some in the mapmaker, I made one today. A robofish making plant. It's great hehe.
All map maker maps are small, and very.. square..

I, myself, want a big map that isn't completely spherical, I want large landscapes like Halo..

ahh oh well..

Psycho Clown
12th Jan 2003, 07:43
K heres a reply to what u wrote.

*I like the aiming system the way it is.
*It aint stealing from halo if they put weapon melee attack as it is in heaps of other games such as PD, MOH etc

There your reply...but your post said "TS3 wish list" so we put our wishes as we werent asked to reply to your wishes.

marko21
12th Jan 2003, 13:59
yeh sinista what r u on about? you say why do i complain about lack of levels in story mode when i have mapmaker?

coz a) when you make a map, u know exactly whats gonna happen in the level, unlike one that has been created.

b) the mapmaker is limited, and you can only make very basic levels

c) the levels in mapmaker just dont compare to storymod

so eidos give us 20 storymode levels next time.

bhtend85
12th Jan 2003, 21:47
if your going to have a ts3 wishlist you can't leave out online play.
It would just be sweet killing people from across thwe nation. Also i would like there to be a cursor for your guns aim like in halo. Another thing would be to have bigger multiplayer levels with good snipping places. There aren't that many good snipper places in ts2 and the good ones have respawn points right next to them. thats just a couple more ideas

froggy_eleven
15th Jan 2003, 08:21
you'll notice that my wishlist didn't tackle all the big things like Online play or Better Story or stuff like that. it was focused more towards the little things. I know FR will be making all the big things better, but I wanted them to know that all the little things that they did and didn't do are also very noticable as well and should not be over looked, thats all. all the good games have the big things covered, its the little things here and there that seperate the good games and turn them into GREAT games.

arioth
16th Jan 2003, 22:39
i was actually hoping that the aimer wouldnt be as sensitive
i find it hard to aim with the sniper

El-Spaz
17th Jan 2003, 15:33
Originally posted by bhtend85
Also i would like there to be a cursor for your guns aim like in halo. Another thing would be to have bigger multiplayer levels with good snipping places. There aren't that many good snipper places in ts2 and the good ones have respawn points right next to them. thats just a couple more ideas

Here we go again.... First, what is with this, "like Halo" junk. Halo is not the first game to have an aiming recticle.

Secondly, regular aim is like shooting from the hip. You don't have an aiming recticule because you aren't looking throught the sights of the weapon. As with shooting from the hip your gun doesn't have to be directly pointed at where you look. As a result the autoaim helps to make your weapon more effective without the recticule. Thus in regular aim mode you are not limited by your recticle. When you turn on the aim, you are looking through the weapons sights thus more precision and a recticle. Halo doesn't have that aspect of realism.

Thirdly, i agree with the bigger multiplayer levels, but then that is also going with the whole bigger is better thing, and in reality i don't think that TS needs bigger MP levels, especially if it means a decrease in framerate. Bigger is better, but not necessarily necessary.

Fourth, definitely more of an ability to use the sniper rifle. It's kind of lame to have the sniper rifle without having it in the least bit practical in MP.

sheeps
19th Jan 2003, 03:33
Originally posted by El-Spaz
Here we go again.... First, what is with this, "like Halo" junk. Halo is not the first game to have an aiming recticle.

Secondly, regular aim is like shooting from the hip. You don't have an aiming recticule because you aren't looking throught the sights of the weapon. As with shooting from the hip your gun doesn't have to be directly pointed at where you look. As a result the autoaim helps to make your weapon more effective without the recticule. Thus in regular aim mode you are not limited by your recticle. When you turn on the aim, you are looking through the weapons sights thus more precision and a recticle. Halo doesn't have that aspect of realism.

Thirdly, i agree with the bigger multiplayer levels, but then that is also going with the whole bigger is better thing, and in reality i don't think that TS needs bigger MP levels, especially if it means a decrease in framerate. Bigger is better, but not necessarily necessary.

Fourth, definitely more of an ability to use the sniper rifle. It's kind of lame to have the sniper rifle without having it in the least bit practical in MP.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

"Oh, because HALO is the first fps I played"..

People like you make me said.. (not el-spaz, but that bht guy or whatever his name was)

But seriously, If you compare everything to halo then it's going to be a bad game, because halo is crap.. I mean no.. Ahh crap.. Im tired..

Let me try and further what I'm trying to get at..

Halo is missing lots of common aspects of First Person Shooter games, It is a very CONSOLE game, That's why I'm hoping they do something with the PC version, but Timesplitters is stepping out of that CONSOLE stereo type, ahh whatever..

calimari
28th Jan 2003, 08:41
There should be a counter-operative like in PD imagine running round as a stone golem in aztec...
And you should be able to make bigger maps, and have up to 50 story enemies cause it's to easy with ten enemies but it is annoying to have them respawning.

And I don't know why everyone says halo is so good, it's multiplayer is pretty bad (no bots!) and the story is ok but not that great.

Alexei09
30th Jan 2003, 01:37
Plz add in a jump button then the gameplay will be perfect

El-Spaz
30th Jan 2003, 03:19
Originally posted by Alexei09
Plz add in a jump button then the gameplay will be perfect I suppose that that would depend on how it was integrated. If it's intigrated like most other FPS then it would lead to insanely stupid looking rabbit imitation playing.

KittenCeleste
31st Jan 2003, 08:01
Plz add in a jump button then the gameplay will be perfect

Personally, I like the game without a "jump" button. But it could be cool to have it as an option. Like, if it was disabled by default, you can assign/enable it in the Options menu. That way, everybody's happy!

:cool:

The Master Con
31st Jan 2003, 17:53
Wishlist:

Characters:
One of the very few games where you can get away with characters from any time or place. So why not go nuts? First off I think I speak for many when I think you should save yourself some space with gettting rid of the "clones" and have them instead be available as different costumes by using the D-Pad to switch them ( They did something very similar to this in TWINE, it was a great idea dispite the game not being great ) Now with that said a few era's or characters that you missed that I would love to see....

Deer
Pirates ( How could you forget that? )
Colonial Characters
Dark ages ( aka knights )
Ninjas
Classic Military Soldiers ( with the helmet and the green camaflog )

Levels:
Bigger is better. Make really big levels, like Planet X, very many times I be fighting and a person would respawn right next to me. Try to have the respawns away from sniper spots :) Also try to bring back those old levels as well with an updated look. Another thing is try to have some varries in timezones, I think Chasm would look great as pirate ship type level. Also if you could make a really big villiage/ street level that would make my day ;)

Mapmaker:
You did a great job with this in TS2. A few suggestions would be to have a few outdoor tiles and getting rid of the glitches. And most importantly have more memory.

Modes:
Elimination should not be confined to a mode. Have lives as an option in its self. Also have capture the bag available for a lot more levels it seemed that we were very limited last time around, it would have been great in Chasm. Also bring back escort.

Online Play:
I think this is self explainitory.

Vehicals:
They can do so much for multiplayer. I know with some levels it is useless but when it comes to levels like Ice Station it'd be great. They don't have to be tank size but just little cars that can man two people. ( also make it includable in mapmaker )

Health:
Some people like it to be real and have people mowed down by the first 3 shots in the chest. Others, like myself, like to have nice long battles and live a while before taking the count. Now I think the only real option, pun not intended, is to have an option itself to alter health. I'm not saying have abilites change. I'm suggesting having an option that mulitplies the health of each character. Example would be to have a default health x1 and then if you want the lives last long you can move the curser to x.75, x.5, x.25, 1 shot kills or move it up to x1.25, x1.5, x1.75, x2 and so forth.

Century Bot
31st Jan 2003, 18:01
Originally posted by The Master Con
Wishlist:
I think Chasm would look great as pirate ship type level

What a great idea - The Master Con has vision! A-hoy there mi harties! Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. I like it! Could I wear an eye-patch too?

The Master Con
31st Jan 2003, 18:46
Oh I almost forgot the option about health.

Health:
Some people like it to be real and have people mowed down by the first 3 shots in the chest. Others, like myself, like to have nice long battles and live a while before taking the count. Now I think the only real option, pun not intended, is to have an option itself to alter health. I'm not saying have abilites change. I'm suggesting having an option that mulitplies the health of each character. Example would be to have a default health x1 and then if you want the lives last long you can move the curser to x.75, x.5, x.25, 1 shot kills or move it up to x1.25, x1.5, x1.75, x2 and so forth.

Hank Nova
31st Jan 2003, 19:08
Two things

available as different costumes by using the D-Pad to switch them ( They did something very similar to this in TWINE, it was a great idea despite the game not being great ) Now with that said a few era's or characters that you missed that I would love to see....

Its an ok idea but i think it belongs in beat em up games.

Vehicles: They can do so much for multiplayer. I know with some levels it is useless but when it comes to levels like Ice Station it'd be great. They don't have to be tank size but just little cars that can man two people. ( also make it includable in mapmaker )

suitable vehicles:
Golf Cart
Scooter
Pogo Stick
Space Hopper
Hover Board (like in back to the future)

The Master Con
31st Jan 2003, 19:19
Golf Cart works with a turret, without homing rockets, in the back slightly hightened for 360 attacks

woknokmokpok
25th Jun 2003, 01:57
Hello all
I didn't bother to read through all the proposed improvements to the Timesplitters series and I already saw something I agree with(the less sensitive sniper aimer for example). However I think I have a suggestion that would top all suggestions and solve probably many other of the complaints against Timesplitters. Timesplitters has just about everything I like in a game; realism, options, great multiplayer, and the best thing,--a level editor:D If the game developers are on this board I hope I don't offend them with this, because I know that it probably takes the most work to do this.

But please, please

-------get a new game engine-----

or alter the one you have now. Timesplitters is one of my favorite games, but I enjoy playing Goldeneye more because the physics feel a lot better. Timesplitters has to be just one of the weirdest game engines I have ever played with. You have realistic enviroments, but the characters look strange and move even stranger.--Its like they are ruber-bands stretching and snaping into place. I hope I don't get myself into trouble, this is only my second post :)
Imagine would it would be like to have a level editor and all the same options, but with a game engine like Goldeneys.---If Free Radical can do that, they will no longer be just one of my favorite game companies, they will be my favorite game company, and I will want to personally visit them and give each of them a big kiss :)

There, I got that off my chest :)--I won't have to post about it again :) Don't get me wrong, I really like Timesplitters 2, I'm going to try to put up my own website about it. Let me know what you guys think
sincerely
wok

R10-9 beta
25th Jun 2003, 06:03
i think they shoud have 2 cds 1 for map maker and 2 for da game so they could make it much bigger.

i think they shoud make a tile set creater ant a room creater so u can build ur own rooms. that would be really cool:D :D ;)

AB-109
25th Jun 2003, 09:45
I don't think the mapmaker was the size it was simply cos they ran out of room on the cd! I think its made that size so it doesnt take too long loading it and so it doesnt have a high chance of errors (smaller the level less chance of somethin goin wrong)

Ab ^_^

spanks
25th Jun 2003, 16:49
Plz add in a jump button then the gameplay will be perfect Only if they limit it to one jump every 5 seconds or so.

Originally posted by Mista Sinista
Why do you complain about the lack of story maps? Just make some in the mapmaker... I agree. They should:

- Enhance (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9623) the mapmaker, support online map exchange and forget the story mode.

- Set-up the custom arcade menus to allow combined modes (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15974).

- Add an assault mission for all multiplayer maps.

- Add "fix aim to center" in the preferences menu.

Iiro
25th Jun 2003, 18:06
Make it so the reticule is locked on the center while sniping. Its ridicilously hard trying to snipe people in Multiplayer.

ex-ion
25th Jun 2003, 23:24
I want the oppertunity to swim in TS3, with air guages, then you can sniper from underwater, and electrify the water with electrotools and stuff. Also, (I doubt this will be implemented as it may require a revisal of the game engine) the ability to blow up scenery to destroy walls and bridges (to make them fall into water...) like red faction (wich is done REALLY badly) would be a great addition to the game- just imagine this... you stand in a heavily wooded area watching over the bridge crossing a dangerously fast flowing river looking out for people crossing the bridge so you can detonate the large stockpile of Remote mines that are mounted on the bottom of the bridge resulting in the impending doom of your unsuspecting victims!!!

Ive said it before, but we need a character editor so that you can create fully customisable characters for online play. improveable stats should be implemented, like accuracy improves f you snipe a lot, ect.

give us ladders to climb... why? its a nice effect and they could prove invaluable in Mapmaker... plus give us an axe so we can cut down the ladders as people climb them!... and trees! we must cut down trees!

Give us traps, like the vaccum traps in Unreal Tornament or the push button to open floor traps in quake 2.

More minigames- 3 carts is not enough! and if ANACONDA returns make it so that its game over when theres just one player left in multiplayer- or allow the High score table to still be improvable after the other players are dealt with.

Allow different textures to be used together in map maker- like joining ALIEN tileset and VICTORIAN tileset to create a merger between the two.

give more wierd objects- like tables and beds.... wait- even better, an object creator where you make objects in a built in 3d editor.

LONGER STORY

usable vehicles

the ability to fall into pitfalls (like off the edge of the ice station or into the abyss on the PIT tileset.)

the ability to set new logic on story mode- like setting new objectives. eg: in siberia your objectives are to destroy all of the fire extinguishers without being spotted, reach the shower room, ect...

Bring back TS1s weapons, perhaps allowing new weapons to be downloaded to the xbox harddrive (and gamecube/ps2 when they release one)

allow 4 player co-op

allow multiplayer co-op story on mapmaker levels

include NPCs like little birds that fly about and squirrels playing with their nuts in the trees (and can be shot down if so desired)- also, fish if the swimming idea was to be used.

throwable grenades which make you deaf for a few seconds when they explode in close proximity to you- like the ringing in SOCOM.

clothes that move- the clothes are stiffer than corpses on viagra at the moment and Id like to see the fabric move a bit in the wind, or tear when shot, perhaps even smoulder when burnt.

allow keyboard/mouse support for consoles that allow it- that should stop those darn PC gamers from standing down from games due to them bieng unable to function without their tool in their hands.

make guards/enemies suspicious when you turn off/shoot cameras- they go out to investigate. this would mean cameras must be avoided by stealthy tactics like hiding behind things or shooting out lights.

woknokmokpok
26th Jun 2003, 02:45
After reading many of the recomendations I just feel the need to comment. The taking out of the single player map creator, well I don't agree with that one but I think its safe to say that I agree with almost everything people have posted. I like the last guy who replied "Ex-ion". I had a smile on my face while looking at that post because it shows how ambitious us gamers are! :) I think Free Radical will eventually get there, but they strike me as a new growing company maybe not quite up to that level yet.--But a good place to start-------------

---get a new game engine------ :) :) :)

The current Timesplitters engine just feels to weird.--The stretching elastic characters.

I just had to say it again :D

You know as a side comment, not nessessarily having anything to do with Timesplitters, I predict that game engines WILL get as complicated as Ex-ion saw it. There will probably be a few HUGE mega complicated super sophisticated game engines, and every game company will probably use one of those few engines.--In a way, I think thats how it is right now.--Timesplitters I would imagine is a unique game engine.---You know,---its not the quake or unreal tournament engines, at least not to my knowledge it isn't

spanks
26th Jun 2003, 14:59
Originally posted by woknokmokpok
... The taking out of the single player map creator, well I don't agree with that one ... That wasn't my meaning. I meant that we wouldn't need a story mode if the mapmaker story building capability was good enough. The idea is that FR would be better to throw the effort that they put into the story mode towards the mapmaker and let gamers make their own story modes and trade them online.

I also like most of the suggestions for enhancements in this thread, but the graphics related stuff really has to wait for a new generation of hardware. I'm sure that reload animations, moving clothing, NPCs, and other changes to the "engine" would 'cause too much slowdown.

Also, if you want a realistic game with a great story or nice stealth elements ... maybe you should be thinking about another game (like Hitman 2). For Timesplitters, FR has to focus on the things that make it great. Those are: speed, bots, humour, weapons**, multiplayer, modes, options, challenges, assault, and mapmaker!

**btw - I think the alternate function of TNT should be to disable the timer so that it only only explodes when shot.

ex-ion
26th Jun 2003, 22:22
Originally posted by woknokmokpok
After reading many of the recomendations I just feel the need to comment. The taking out of the single player map creator, well I don't agree with that one but I think its safe to say that I agree with almost everything people have posted. I like the last guy who replied "Ex-ion". I had a smile on my face while looking at that post because it shows how ambitious us gamers are! :) I think Free Radical will eventually get there, but they strike me as a new growing company maybe not quite up to that level yet.--But a good place to start-------------

---get a new game engine------ :) :) :)

The current Timesplitters engine just feels to weird.--The stretching elastic characters.

I just had to say it again :D

You know as a side comment, not nessessarily having anything to do with Timesplitters, I predict that game engines WILL get as complicated as Ex-ion saw it. There will probably be a few HUGE mega complicated super sophisticated game engines, and every game company will probably use one of those few engines.--In a way, I think thats how it is right now.--Timesplitters I would imagine is a unique game engine.---You know,---its not the quake or unreal tournament engines, at least not to my knowledge it isn't

yay, finally some recognition!
Anyway, my recommendations would begreat in any future titles, who knows, Timesplitters 4 maybe (having said that- is TS3 even confirmed for the current consoles yet?)
oh, and about the stealth... "spanks"... have you ever played deus-ex? you could go in gunz ablazing or sneak about to your own descression and it worked really well, Im not sure that TS2 would work quite as well as this, but it would be interesting to see nevertheless

RenegadeR109
18th Jul 2003, 21:17
well i would love 4 player co-op 4 players on sibria woud be so fun.

Also evry mode should have the ability to have team play. Like team virus and team elimination when the whole team has a set number of lives it can loose.

Also bring back the scifi autorifle. from ts1.

Also bring back 4way CTB. That was the most mental and crazy game ever.

ALso have all story level playable in arcade.

More stationary guns but only if they are in good places and the bots use them cause then that would add a different aspect to the game.

I hate to say it but in halo u do get the chance to fight lots of enemies at once. This is fun but mayb they should wait until the PS3 comes out becasuse then they can use its power to have huge battles with 20-30 enemies would be great fun mowing them down with a minigun. (Not even the xbox can do that)

Have a map just for snipers. and have the weapon set just snipers. this would not work but the area would be open and so gun fight would be fun.

dont make maps too big. halo u can get bored with it cause some of the mas are TOO big.

Captin Snow
19th Jul 2003, 04:47
What's the big deal with characters? I think the characters option is just fine the way it is, hell there may even be to many characters. Looks and apperances are for fighting games, not FPS.

My take on the weapons, I think there should be more modes. Sure there are the typical modes for any FPS, like the gun that doubles as a gernade launcher. But I think there should be more inovative secondary modes, like in PD(fly by wire, farsight, laptop gun, that one gun you can throw out as a proximity). Or like the flamethrower idea whoever came up with, that would work out great. Except all the options to light it, I think lighting it just with the flamethrower would be fine. There are some secondary modes TS2 could do without all together. I mean, who in the right mind wouldn't switch the minigun to secondary? As for the sniper rifle...I hate stelth. Oh yeah, and not only make the option to hit people with your weapon, but have just plain melee weapons. Like bats, an axe, or even a poolstick, so I could have an all out melee battle ONLINE with other people.

I'm sure the TS2 staff has heard it a million times from a million people, but improve the god damn story mode! Umm, that's all.

I never realy used map maker, but the times I did I had great ideas, but ran out of space. Also, there should be more fall-to-your-death levels.

"Like individual scoring in team games." I don't see the point in that at all, it's a team effort so why would it matter?

I'm sure I left out alot of my other suggestions, but I was just going to bed when I posted this. Is there even any word on TS3? Oh yeah, no jumping.