PDA

View Full Version : TDP and Windows ME - error message - please help

Caradavin1
9th Jan 2003, 05:12
Dern! My first time to play with Thief, and I get this. Actually, I was gonna try out Calendra's Cistern before I played Thief: DP itself (I know). Anyway, I loaded Calendra's Cistern with DarkLoader (most recent one), and used Dromed to open it with (I like to play FM's from designer perspective, not really playing it ya know?), did ai_aware_of_player, put it in Game Mode and wala! I get something about direct3d texture memory usage being reported wrong.

Specs

Windows ME
Pentium III
Directx 9.0
128 MB

Any suggestions? thanks:confused:

theBlackman
9th Jan 2003, 05:22
I think the TEXTURES are a special load from one of the modified texture patches.

It will run in THIEF but not DROMED. I don't know which TEX mod was used (there are a couple) but I think in DROMED you don't have access to the correct ones.

Stile451
10th Jan 2003, 01:16
Nope, any non-original textures available to Thief would be available to Dromed, same as any custom item.

Do the OMs work through the game(not through Dromed)?

I'm thinking that you may need to set Dromed to use game mode in software(it's in one of the menus, although it may only be Dromed 2), or have to start the game and switch it to software mode in the game options before Dromed will work that way.

BTW, you didn't give us your sound and video, which may indicate what the problem is.

Caradavin1
11th Jan 2003, 04:51
After those problems, I also had problems using Thievery - there was sound but no image. I reinstalled and updated both the sound and video drivers, and now it works. I have a Crystal WDM something or other (it's Creative Labs), and my video is an intel 8420 (?). Anyway, everything (including Thievery) now works (yay!!!) Oh, and I can't use 3dfx, either - I have to use Directx or OpenGL - software rendering works, but the sound is extremely choppy. thanks :)

Vanguard
11th Jan 2003, 22:44
I recall problems when using the 8420 video chipset (i.e., onboard video) with Thief. Wasn't there some tech hints somewhere regarding this? I thought an edit was required in one of the Thief files.