PDA

View Full Version : Do I have 'The Lost Artifact' or the Standard Tr3?

Will Hay
8th Jan 2003, 15:39
Might seem like a daft question but...
...I've bought TR3 Lost Artifact from a reputable software seller on ebay, and the game has arrived which is different to that on the auction. I've played it, and it looks no different to the original TR3 - should there be a mention of 'the lost artifact' during either gameplay or startup, or would installation of the game tell me whether it is indeed the lost artifact or the original?
Thanks,
Will

MountainDewNut
8th Jan 2003, 16:12
The Lost Artifact does not have he same levels as TR3 at all. In the setup, I'm pretty sure that it says the lost artifact in it.

Will Hay
8th Jan 2003, 16:21
Originally posted by MountainDewNut
The Lost Artifact does not have he same levels as TR3 at all. In the setup, I'm pretty sure that it says the lost artifact in it.

Hello,
I was lead to believe the Lost Artifact was the original game plus five extra levels.
Will

THE True Lara
8th Jan 2003, 23:06
Originally posted by Will Hay
I was lead to believe the Lost Artifact was the original game plus five extra levels.
Will
It is, but the extra levels come on a seperate, 2nd disk. It's like a seperate game almost, it's just the story that links them.

And infact all your disks should say: "TOMB RAIDER III the lost artifact".

What edition is your game? Is there a scan of the box available? Perhaps the link to the original ebay page??

TheBoo
9th Jan 2003, 03:19
"The Lost Artifact" begins with the Highland Fling level. The very first scene is a helicopter bringing Lara to the gates of Williard's castle, when the scene ends, Lara is standing in front of the gates, and the gameplay begins. If your game begins differently, you aren't playing The Lost Artifact.

If I remember correctly, TRIII and the The Lost Artifact was available as a package deal. Maybe this is what you have?

Will Hay
9th Jan 2003, 08:49
Only one disk, starts with jungle, no mention of 'LA', starts with meteor FMV.
Thanks for your help :)
Game going back for a refund.
Will