PDA

View Full Version : Stop Whinning!

unkwon
8th Jan 2003, 05:45
You're sounding worse than me when I had problems of my own, People are gripping "oh no It's delayed it's delayed, oh no, oh no Sob sob sob"

It will be Finished when it will be Finished, you ever wandered how TR started to actully go downhill, simple, "THEY JUST HAD TO GET THE GAMES Finished", and In my opionon Qaulity is over Qauntity I'd rather see 4 Great games than 16 or 18 horrible ones! I think Core really would like to make a comeback, so give them a break! I should of never rushed them about Herdy Gerdy, now look where that game ended up! :/ ah well :/

Prelude
8th Jan 2003, 18:27
Amen to that :)

AngelOfLara
8th Jan 2003, 19:10
Here Here!

"Time Is such a funny thing, you turn your back to it for a second, and years of your life is taken away."
--??

~Tomby

rns91294
8th Jan 2003, 20:04
I'll tell you why i am whining. This was supposed to be Xmas present for my husband. Now, a Valentine's Day present, but it may end of being a B-day present if I have to wait until April. See, my opinion is, if you are going to keep delaying it to make it better, you should have never set a release date to begin with. it would have been fine to say that TR is coming out, but there is no release date yet. Insteasd, they tell you a date and then keep changing it. Did you know I knew it was to be released November 2002 over a year ago? I would have rather known it was being made and didn't know when it would come out. You shouldn't give a release date unless you are sure the game will be completes by then. Does anyone else agree with me on this?

DaveJ
8th Jan 2003, 20:12
Not really....I understand your frustration, but it happens all the time.

Game dates get delayed, movie dates do...book release dates.

Best to believe nothing and no-one until you see it on the shelves.

For me the bigger disappointment is that Unreal 2 is off by another week....making it February 7th now.

But I'll get by. Unlike the threat of impending war, its not the end of the world.
;)

rns91294
8th Jan 2003, 20:46
I didn't say it was the end of the world and I think no matter what it was (game, book, movie, etc) if I was really excited about it, i would be very frustrated no matter what it was if it got delayed. And I know they do this all the time. All i am saying is that maybe they should stop making assumption dates.

shirl123
8th Jan 2003, 21:01
rns91294- I agree with you about it, I had the same thing with my favourite band last year (the frontman got some weird deseas and he couldn't walk for some time so their album came out in Aug, instead of april).
but it's worth the waiting. ;)
3 monthes isn't such a long time to wait...
once you'll get it- you'll see that the waiting wasn't that bad...:)

John Carter
9th Jan 2003, 03:05
Unk says wise stuff. He also says it straight up with frank forthrightness and a remarkable lack of tact.

I admire that! :D

Give thanks unto your supreme being or non-being if the delay of TR AoD is the most annoying thing in your life. It'll get here when it gets here, and it'll be what it is.

Cooknn
9th Jan 2003, 04:33
Hey I'm with 'Won :p It still sucks though! Get it right Core. We'll be here when it's done...

DaveJ
9th Jan 2003, 08:55
If you ever read the word "CONFIRMED" next to the words "RELEASE DATE" you'd have cause for complaint.

As it is, accept that these things happen all the time. I personally use the dates as a guide as to when I should consider checking those shop shelves out....certainly wouldn't make any definite plans around it.

Rusty_DK
12th Jan 2003, 01:19
Originally posted by rns91294
I'll tell you why i am whining. This was supposed to be Xmas present for my husband. Now, a Valentine's Day present, but it may end of being a B-day present if I have to wait until April. See, my opinion is, if you are going to keep delaying it to make it better, you should have never set a release date to begin with. it would have been fine to say that TR is coming out, but there is no release date yet. Insteasd, they tell you a date and then keep changing it. Did you know I knew it was to be released November 2002 over a year ago? I would have rather known it was being made and didn't know when it would come out. You shouldn't give a release date unless you are sure the game will be completes by then. Does anyone else agree with me on this?
That's like saying the developers should have super telepathic powers to know when the game will be finished. COME ON! Basically the majority of games that are made are delayed, why? SO you can experience the best play time you can. Stop complaining about your husband's present ideas because the developers can't foresee into the future and know when the game will be finished...

Rusty_DK
12th Jan 2003, 01:20
Originally posted by DaveJ
If you ever read the word "CONFIRMED" next to the words "RELEASE DATE" you'd have cause for complaint.

As it is, accept that these things happen all the time. I personally use the dates as a guide as to when I should consider checking those shop shelves out....certainly wouldn't make any definite plans around it.
For once i actually agree with you DaveJ...here here

DaveJ
12th Jan 2003, 03:34
You mean you disagreed with me that time I said Terrorism was bad?

jso2897
14th Jan 2003, 00:45
I have no problem with terrorism if it's in a good cause, and the terrorists fill out their tax forms properly.
Who cares when the game comes out? The longer they take, the better it will be. I still have about half of TR4 and TR5 to finish. And they both could use fewer bugs. So let 'em take their time. Play TR3 again. Or some other game. If you have PS2, play GTA.
If PC, there's other cool games out too. Clip your toenails. Take a walk. Call the "time" operator and get into an argument with her.
Take video of your neighbor mowing his lawn. Buy a donkey.
Take a bus trip to some pointless town, and just stand around for awhile and get back on the bus home. Occupy yourself.

Pedestrian
15th Jan 2003, 13:41
You probably have NO idea what so ever how a production like that works, and what unforseen issues come about.

yeah stop whining!

Zoolander
15th Jan 2003, 20:02
Whining or not it is still disappointing.

Omega_Weapon
20th Jan 2003, 14:54
If it were ONE game then I wouldn't care, but the whole industry is getting uncomfortaby normal with delaying games, and no matter how you excuse it, it sucks. I for one am not someone with infinite patience that's now demanded by developers, and either get frustrated and ignore delayed releases in response, or simply lose interest in them as more time passes without them. Wanna see me skip or postpone TR:AOD? Release it right after Xenosaga, #1 on my want list, comes out. Then I'll be too busy with another game to even care if TR comes out. EIDOS is not alone in the gaming universe after all, and some of us plan on buying more than just one game this year.

2003 will be remembered as the year half the 2002 games were finally released. It's ridiculous. The only game I wanted last year that actually came out on time was SOCOM, and I'm still waiting for the rest of my 2002 wish list to get released. Hell the first half of 2003 looks like the whole industry is playing "catch-up" with their 2002 releases, and very little new 2003 stuff that was intended for 2003 all along won't start to show up in decent quantities until this summer.

Make any excuse to justify it and childishly label people as "whiners" for not liking it; I don't care. It's still lousy for release after release to get delayed like this. Make it better? What is your basis of comparison? Did you "non-whiners" play the version that was due in November and know this for sure?

Omega_Weapon
20th Jan 2003, 15:04
Originally posted by Rusty_DK
.........the developers can't foresee into the future and know when the game will be finished...

Yet they set release dates that their customers count on.........If they knew of this ahead then they should have not set a 2002 release date in the first place.

Gill Rene
20th Jan 2003, 15:16
it sucks but you dont really wanna be left with a chronicals clone (i.e buggy and quick to do) with all the hype and stuff, so leave them in peace so they can get on with it (im my opinion :p)

Omega_Weapon
20th Jan 2003, 15:28
We don't know if the November release was anything like Chronicles. From what I saw, I doubt it.

Anyone have a list of actual changes to the game from the first-planned version? Everything looks the same to me.

Omega_Weapon
20th Jan 2003, 15:37
Originally posted by unkwon
It will be Finished when it will be Finished,

Not an acceptable answer regarding it's release. Let's see how many customers developers keep when no one has any idea when games ever get released and customers are forced to rely on "it's ready when it's ready" for their shopping plans. I'll bet that sales will be lower than estimates for such games than ones that maintained their dates.

I should of never rushed them about Herdy Gerdy, now look where that game ended up! :/ ah well :/

Did it do bad because of the game itself, or because it directly competed against Kingdom hearts? Remember there is a huge factor called "competition." TR's immediate competition is Xenosaga (Feb. 25) and possibly the (finally, no thanks to X-box) release of Metal Gear Substance and Splinter Cell on the PS/2 (both due first to second week of March). Wanna see TR sales tank? Release it after or in the middle of those three, and TR: AOD will flop. Looking at what's competing against TR, BEFORE Feb. 25 really is the only feasible time to release it.