PDA

View Full Version : pertinent questions

silenthill
8th Jan 2003, 00:51
do u guys think tomb raider aod will sell great or not?

and what about all the info eidos already realesed about the plot of this tomb raider, is this a major spoiler?

Lucky
8th Jan 2003, 01:15
Originally posted by silenthill
do u guys think tomb raider aod will sell great or not?

and what about all the info eidos already realesed about the plot of this tomb raider, is this a major spoiler? I don’t know looking at past sails it probably will do good and as for the spoil I don’t know about anyone else but im looking forward to it :p

THE True Lara
8th Jan 2003, 09:50
As long as they can make a tidy profit they'll make Tomb Raider.
Selling well or not now only affects whether or not they'll change the formula again.
It'll either go one of two ways,
1) The first game will sell well out of curiosity, then the other games less so.
or 2) The first game will sell well out of curiosity, but will gain a whole new audience, making the following games sell even better.
I don't think making that bit of plot known makes any difference, there's plently more to come yet.

Rusty_DK
5th Feb 2003, 01:33
again with the spoiler question silenthill!!!!!! How many answers do u need from people about the info released being a spoiler, thsi is the, let me see...3rd time!!!! GET OVER IT!!!! as i said before it's no different to the blurbs written on the back of a book...

susan
5th Feb 2003, 11:11
To some extent it is a bit of a spoiler releasing as many details (and screenshots) as they have. Not that that will stop me enjoying playing AoD and enjoying it - I'm sure there's plenty more still.

I think it's happened because they keep re-scheduling the release date. They gear up for release with tantalising snippets and new pictures and then - whoof! delayed again for 3 months. The next release date they start building up the hype again, they need NEW details and pictures to release, and so on and so on.

If they'd only ever had one release date and stuck to it we probably wouldn't know quite as much as we do, but I think they've been quite careful really and it's worked well on me. I can't wait to play this game!!! :)

And lastly, yes I do think AoD will sell well. Despite a lot of gamers slagging off TR, it covers an area of the games market where there isn't that much good competition really.

whitemetal
5th Feb 2003, 13:10
Nicely put Susan as usual, but i think Core/Eidos are trying very hard to keep TR consumers interested while they fix what must be BIG problems with AOD. Yes i will buy it ,if indeed it is ever released in my lifetime, but now i will wait for scrutiny before i fork out big bucks.