PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the giant bird-like thing in the Ice Palace of TR2...

*m*
6th Jan 2003, 23:36
...and how the heck do I kill him?!?!?!?

Tomb Raider Driver
6th Jan 2003, 23:54
You gotta shot him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE True Lara
7th Jan 2003, 08:48
when you trigger the bird-thing's entrance retreat back up the ice-pile and get to a position where you can shoot at him continuously until he dies.
Takes a while, but just keep shooting and he'll die eventually ;)

V_Croft
7th Jan 2003, 11:36
I killed it the way TTL suggested...

BTW, if I'm not mistaken it's called the Budgie or something like that :p

THE True Lara
7th Jan 2003, 13:48
I thought Budgie was a little Helicopter

TheBoo
7th Jan 2003, 15:19
There is a place at floor level where you can stand and shoot at him until he stomps away, then step forward to draw him close, then hop back to the safe spot and repeat the same steps until he's dead. This safe spot is on the far left-hand side of the floor, away from his cave. The safe spot is the square that is a little lower than the rest of the floor. He won't touch you if you are standing there.

Be aware, though, there are some items to pick up in his cave, and if you kill him before picking up the items, you won't be able to get them because the level ends as soon as he is dead. You can get the items; just draw him away from his cave, then make a mad dash to get the items (one at a time), then draw him away again. He may hit you once or twice, but as long as you've got a medpack or two, you'll be okay. Also, remember that your health is fully restored when you advance to the next level.

*m*
7th Jan 2003, 15:49
Thanks for all the advice guys! I'll probably try that "depression" area over by the ladder (that's the one you're talking about, right?) You're sure he won't be able to harm me from there?

Solange
7th Jan 2003, 16:16
After climbing almost all the way down, have the wall on your right shoulder, and face the huge room. There is a nice place where it's easy to climb down, and very fast up again... If I remember correctly, I had to go down a few times to draw him back, he didn't die easily...

I did not go for the pick-ups, that thing scared me!!! :o

L Croft
8th Jan 2003, 11:39
Originally posted by *m*
Thanks for all the advice guys! I'll probably try that "depression" area over by the ladder (that's the one you're talking about, right?) You're sure he won't be able to harm me from there?
Yup it's totally safe I know it dosn't look it though

V_Croft
8th Jan 2003, 19:34
Originally posted by TTL
I thought Budgie was a little Helicopter

Hold on *goes to do some search*

This is from the official TR site:
http://www.boomspeed.com/vasoz/Budgielar.txt

But again, I guess "little Helicopter" would do :p -perfectly- :D

*m*
15th Jan 2003, 16:37
Hey thanks for all the tips and suggestions...I successfully made it past Big Bird.

Now I'm in The Temple of Xian...*sigh* I hate spiders. :(

L Croft
15th Jan 2003, 20:53
Originally posted by *m*
Hey thanks for all the tips and suggestions...I successfully made it past Big Bird.

Well done
I hate those spiders

TheBoo
16th Jan 2003, 02:45
Originally posted by *m*

Yeah, me too.

Especially BIG spiders.

Especially BIG spiders with glowing red eyes in a dark cave! :eek: :eek:

Ostercy
16th Jan 2003, 14:12
Scatter some dry ice pellets around the place. The Giant Chicken will mistake them for tasty grain and peck them up. Watch the sucker explode into handy barbeque-sized chunks which you can then roast for a handy snack.

V_Croft
18th Jan 2003, 12:18
Hmmm... Roast Budgie... I like that! :D