PDA

View Full Version : I Got A THEORY

Zaccheus
5th Jan 2003, 21:03
The reason for the meadia blackout may be that ...

Thief3 is gonna kick ass, so they are releasing DX2 first, and when they've made their money, they can announce T3 to the world.
:cool:

theBlackman
5th Jan 2003, 21:06
Originally posted by Zaccheus
The reason for the meadia blackout may be that ...

Thief3 is gonna kick ass, so they are releasing DX2 first, and when they've made their money, they can announce T3 to the world.
:cool:

So, in other words, "They get the Goldmine, and we get the SHAFT?:rolleyes:

Zaccheus
5th Jan 2003, 22:25
NO !!!
:rolleyes:

Thief3 is SO GOOD, that they can only make money out of DX2 if they release it first. Then they unveil T3 and make a killing.
:D

(yeah I know, I'm dreaming here ...)

Specter
6th Jan 2003, 02:34
Its just so crazy, it just might work. (or be true, you know what I mean)

Darkwarrior
6th Jan 2003, 03:08
You're probably right. Eidos is being a bit of an ass about Thief III, but they seem to be absolutely happy to divulge information about Deus Ex 2.

ChangelingJane
6th Jan 2003, 18:56
That's what publishers do. They're hyping up the game that's coming first. Considering the growing similarities between the two games (using the same engine, similar but not exactly the same stealth features), Eidos might think that hyping both will either weaken the sales of one over the other, or confuse gamers. Or maybe it's not Eidos' call. Since we don't know details, all we can do is speculate.

My final verdict? It must've been rats.

TRoosevelt_26
6th Jan 2003, 21:35
From the makers of Deus Ex II: Thief III! <small>watch for it in the ads!</small>

newk007
9th Jan 2003, 11:06
I think that they should remove the stealth aspect of Deus Ex II because stealth is Thiefs' unique trait. It's what no other (or very few) game has, and I think that that is what makes it sell. Take the stealth part out of Thief and what do you have? I'll leave you to think on that. :)

Mr. Perfect
14th Jan 2003, 05:58
I just got hooked on Dues Ex, and I can tell you that it definetly needs the stealth. :) The way I play it, it's like Thief in the 22nd century. Sneak up behind a foo and cap him or tranquilize him. Sniping too. Not to mention the traps you can set around. All posible thanks to sneaking. :)

Zaccheus
14th Jan 2003, 12:34
The amount of people who really recommend DX ... if only I had the time to fit it in.
:)

Originally posted by newk007
Take the stealth part out of Thief and what do you have? I'll leave you to think on that. :)
Actually, that would still work.
You'd have to have bigger better weapons, which would mean things like fighting your way into a mechanist stronghold and getting out again in one piece.
A bit like castle raiding in the Defender Of The Crown game.
Of course, it would not be thief.

Bat-mite
14th Jan 2003, 17:43
Originally posted by ChangelingJane
That's what publishers do. They're hyping up the game that's coming first. Considering the growing similarities between the two games (using the same engine, similar but not exactly the same stealth features), Eidos might think that hyping both will either weaken the sales of one over the other, or confuse gamers. Or maybe it's not Eidos' call. Since we don't know details, all we can do is speculate.

My final verdict? It must've been rats.

Are you alright? Of course you're not alright. You're dead!

You know, this year, Marvel Entertainment Group is releasing Daredevil in February, X-Men 2 in May, and The Incredible Hulk in June.

One way for that to go would be for Marvel to cringe and say, "Oh, no! Once people see Daredevil, they won't want to see another comic book movie! We need to keep a blackout on the other two movies until after Daredevil!"

But instead, Marvel is being loud and confident, proclaiming 2003 to be "the year of Marvel."

If only Eidos would learn a lesson from that! Make this "the year of Eidos!" Promote DX2 and T3. Why not?

"One great engine! One set of controls! Two great games!"

Go figure.

Zaccheus
18th Jan 2003, 08:45
Perhaps they have something special planned.
;)

newk007
18th Jan 2003, 10:06
Originally posted by Zaccheus
Actually, that would still work.
You'd have to have bigger better weapons, which would mean things like fighting your way into a mechanist stronghold and getting out again in one piece.
A bit like castle raiding in the Defender Of The Crown game.
Of course, it would not be thief.

Ha! Defender of the Crown... that was a great game... :D

Zaccheus
18th Jan 2003, 19:41
Originally posted by newk007
Ha! Defender of the Crown... that was a great game... :D

Defender of the Crown, re-released for Windows (http://www.cinemaware.com/dotcremaster_main.asp)
I bought it recently, and it still has the same feel as the original game.

TRoosevelt_26
27th Feb 2003, 02:41
Originally posted by Bat-mite
If only Eidos would learn a lesson from that! Make this "the year of Eidos!" Promote DX2 and T3. Why not?

"One great engine! One set of controls! Two great games!"

Go figure.

That would be great, although I doubt the "one set of controls would work unless Deus Ex II had far fewer controls than its predecessor, or Thief III had far more.

And yes, fellow un-Deus Ex-ed taffers, everyone on earth should play Deus Ex at least once! You have the time! Sleep four hours daily! You can do it!

Alpacalips Cow
10th Mar 2003, 01:49
Been there played that. The ending I especialy liked was the one where I got to be lord of creation although my first choice had been bring everything down to ground zero. There is a reason Dues Ex is reccomended. Still doesn't stack up to thief but it's as close a second as I've seen. Then again my computer isn't powerful enough to play Morrowmind which I've heard is excellent.