PDA

View Full Version : Which secret boss was your favorite?

iambasho777
5th Jun 2012, 20:37
Personally, I loved all three (there were only three, right? haha). My favorite has to be the Tantarian, the only missable one of the three. Ozma and Hades were both great, but the Tantarian had the damage gimmick going for it as well as a timer, and it drops running shoes making it the earliest point one can learn auto-haste!

On an only semi-related note, has anyone here gotten the secret weapon Excallibur II? I never even tried for it because Steiner was never in my endgame party (I had Zidane, Quina, Eiko, and Freya as mine). A friend of mine attempted once, but gave up because he had over 8 hours at the beginning of disc 2.

ampdecay
5th Jun 2012, 22:08
Personally, I loved all three (there were only three, right? haha). My favorite has to be the Tantarian, the only missable one of the three. Ozma and Hades were both great, but the Tantarian had the damage gimmick going for it as well as a timer, and it drops running shoes making it the earliest point one can learn auto-haste!

On an only semi-related note, has anyone here gotten the secret weapon Excallibur II? I never even tried for it because Steiner was never in my endgame party (I had Zidane, Quina, Eiko, and Freya as mine). A friend of mine attempted once, but gave up because he had over 8 hours at the beginning of disc 2.

Definitely Tantarian.

And I never tried getting the Excallibur II either, because simply it wasn't even worth it.

tiaeltaru
6th Jun 2012, 08:49

Tantarian for sure, and the fact you can fight it when you're there with the time limit for the reward early, or fight it later when there is no time limit.

And I've never attempted to go after the Excalibur II myself, mainly because I don't like to rush through games.

member_10803141
6th Jun 2012, 12:58
Tantarian ftw!

Same as Tlael, never thought rushing through the game was worth it, even on my umpteenth playthrough lol.

However I did once use a GS code to give Vivi the Excalibur II just so I could see it. Pretty awesome hahaha

member_10745919
6th Jun 2012, 16:09
the secret boss that was my favorite was Hades, becasue you get so much out of him, like fusing the Pumice piece together to get Ark.

iambasho777
6th Jun 2012, 18:26
I always just stole the pumice from Ozma, that way I didn't have to bother forfeitting my pumice pieces. Did you guys keep the hammer, or make the tin armor with it? By the way, on GameFAQs' FFIX page there is a save file for PS3 that gives you max gil, 99 of all items, and starts at the start of the game as if you selected new game. Just sayin', not that I'm promoting cheating or anything. But doing such a playthrough for fun to decimate all bosses for the first three discs does sound alluring, to me at the least. Haha

Summoner
8th Jun 2012, 08:57
Yeah I dislike cheating of any kind. If I didn't work for the stuff myself it simply ruined the game for me. I liked Ozma, it was a pretty unique battle for me.

Automaton
9th Jun 2012, 00:54
I always attest that the videogame equivalent of the middle finger is Ozma using Curse, followed by not one but two Meteor... in the first round.

member_10019781
12th Jun 2012, 17:31
My favorite was definetly Ozma, I loved the challenge of robbing it of all it had to steal and still beating it

Verusgate
4th Jul 2015, 00:08
Tantarian. Loved how the number of damage was the page opened by the book.