PDA

View Full Version : How do you make things different per difficulty setting?

THEthief
17th Dec 2002, 02:33
Hi again, everyone.
First off, I want to thank Changeling Jane for her previous assistance - that was the problem - I tried posting in that thread about six times, but was unable to (had to login over and over, and it kept saying 'invalid link'...:confused: ).
Secondly, I have a question: How do you make things different, per difficulty setting? For instance, I want a key that only appears on hard and expert, and a door that's not locked on easy.
How would I do this?
I remember reading somewhere that you have to make seperate objects, that dissapear in different difficulty settings...but I forget where, and I haven't got a clue as to how to do this.
As always, your help would be very much appreciated!! :)
Thanks!!
THEthief

P.S. Even if this posts, I may not be able to thank people for their help, because I may get the same error as before, when trying to respond to threads - if I can, I will, but if I can not thank you, please don't think I don't appreciate your help, because I do!! :)

amievil?
17th Dec 2002, 03:30
ok, say you want an object(key, gaurd, whatever) to only show up on expert. click on the key's properties and add difficulty>destroy. there is 0,1, and 2. if it is to only show up on expert, select 0 and 1. destroy means it will destroy the object on the selected difficulty(0 is normal, 1 is hard, 2 is expert)

to make a door unlocked on normal: simply create two doors in the exact same place, but lock one and not the other. then destroy the locked door on normal (0) so it shows up on hard and expert.

edit: dont forget on the doors to destroy the unlocked one on hard and expert!

THEthief
17th Dec 2002, 04:19
Originally posted by amievil?
ok, say you want an object(key, gaurd, whatever) to only show up on expert. click on the key's properties and add difficulty>destroy. there is 0,1, and 2. if it is to only show up on expert, select 0 and 1. destroy means it will destroy the object on the selected difficulty(0 is normal, 1 is hard, 2 is expert)

to make a door unlocked on normal: simply create two doors in the exact same place, but lock one and not the other. then destroy the locked door on normal (0) so it shows up on hard and expert.

edit: dont forget on the doors to destroy the unlocked one on hard and expert!

Mucho gracias, senor!!! :)