PDA

View Full Version : BO2 or not?

Reaver of Souls
15th Dec 2002, 04:09
Being the big Lok fan that I am, I have finally decided it would be good to get BO2, however, I've never played it before. Should I buy it or rent it? (Try not to let your answer be biased by your love for the series please) How long is the game compared to BO1? If it's only takes 9-10 hours like SR2 did then I don't know if I want to buy it. :confused:

Umah Bloodomen
15th Dec 2002, 04:17
Originally posted by Reaver of Souls
Being the big Lok fan that I am, I have finally decided it would be good to get BO2, however, I've never played it before. Should I buy it or rent it? (Try not to let your answer be biased by your love for the series please) How long is the game compared to BO1? If it's only takes 9-10 hours like SR2 did then I don't know if I want to buy it. :confused:

If you're a big fan, then buy it. It's good (not the greatest) but good. The replay value isn't bad either, especially with the Soul Reaver and Iron Armor codes.

IMHO it is a very cool 'fill in the gap until SR3 arrives' and adds to the storyline in a good way. Definately throws some curves to you that's for sure.

Not to mention, you get to interact with my namesake. ;)

I keep meaning to play them all again from start to finish, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The game itself is way shorter than that of BO1, and if your looking for that kind of play I think you'll be disappointed. It's more like the SR series to be honest. (Has Dark Gifts which are similar to glyphs). I think many of the people around here completed it within 2 days.

I managed to do it in 14 or so hrs my first time through.

I say go for it, but if you still have concerns when you receive other opinions, you may want to rent it beforehand.

Lady Kreliana
15th Dec 2002, 09:22
I wasn't too fond of BO2's story, but the gameplay and music are fantastic.

Rook
16th Dec 2002, 06:20
Originally posted by Lady Kreliana
I wasn't too fond of BO2's story, but the gameplay and music are fantastic.

I'll have to agree. I didn't care for the storyline of BO2, either. The gameplay, music, and that fantastic voice acting were what really stood out.

Wise Man Domingo
18th Dec 2002, 17:39
Dispite it's many glitches, BO2 is worth buying and keeping. It's just addictive (at least, I couldn't put the controller down once I picked it up. I had to eat with one hand and play in my sleep... :p )

Besides, what platform are you using? If it's GC or Xbox, then it isn't the buggy, glitched-out rival to Windows 98 that my PS2 version is...

Jidai Geki
19th Dec 2002, 02:56
Christ, I think everybody loved the opportunity to take Nosgoth's baddest vamp out for another spin. Who can forget the joy of holding a hapless civvie by the throat whilst plunging a dagger into their midriff, shortly before throwing them 20ft or so? or tearing the heart from a sarafan lackey? Fantastic stuff.

Sarxis
21st Dec 2002, 20:52
Gutting humans in Nosgoth makes the game worth it.

Of course, there's so many other reasons to play it too..