PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Leaving Old Mill

Amazon64
14th Dec 2002, 19:03
Geez, I can't exit the old mill level. I get to the rooftop and I can't crawl through the opening. I have saved it at different points in the level and going though the level without saving, but I still can't exit the level! Please help! PS one game played on PS2:mad:

Aquarius
14th Dec 2002, 21:12
This has been tricky for a lot of people. Make sure that Lara's back is to the opening when you try to crawl.

First, go to the sitting/squatting position. Then, hit the button to get into the crawl stance. Now, start to crawl back into the opening, hit the action button, and Lara should grab the edge of opening and she'll drop into the room inside. :)

Hope this isn't too confusing. :p If it is, just check Stella's. She'll most definitely have a better explanation for this. :D

Happy raiding! :)

Collin
14th Dec 2002, 22:06
Best way to do the 'enter the mill thingy', is to crawl in head first, and press jump when you've reached the edge..... She will then summersault in and you can pull the lever. ;)
Althought the back first thing will work too (albeit not so spectacular :D).....

TheBoo
15th Dec 2002, 02:29
Originally posted by Collin
Best way to do the 'enter the mill thingy', is to crawl in head first, and press jump when you've reached the edge..... She will then summersault in and you can pull the lever. ;)
Althought the back first thing will work too (albeit not so spectacular :D).....

I've been wondering about this........ the ONLY time I've ever used the forward somersault is for the old mill........is Chronicles the only game this works in? Never used it in a custom game, either.........is it even available in anything other than Chronicles?

Collin
15th Dec 2002, 12:23
No, you can't use it in other levels..... Too bad really 'cause the turn-around-and-slide-off-on-the-other-side routine is really a drag..... I think the forward somersault is the best move in the series. ;)

You can't use it in custom levels 'cause they were build with the TR4 level editor (and it was skimmed also, so not the complete one). And in TR4 this move isn't supported...... But maybe someone someday can come up with a solution..... Maybe with the animation editor TRWad made.......

EDIT: In fact I'm going to post a question on this in the TRLE! Thanks for the thought, TheBoo! ;)

V_Croft
15th Dec 2002, 13:41
Originally posted by Collin:
Too bad really 'cause the turn-around-and-slide-off-on-the-other-side routine is really a drag..... I think the forward somersault is the best move in the series. ;)

Exactly - In fact, I find this move very practical. I use it everywhere in TRC ;)

TheBoo
15th Dec 2002, 19:37
Originally posted by Collin
No, you can't use it in other levels..... Too bad really 'cause the turn-around-and-slide-off-on-the-other-side routine is really a drag..... I think the forward somersault is the best move in the series. ;)

You can't use it in custom levels 'cause they were build with the TR4 level editor (and it was skimmed also, so not the complete one). And in TR4 this move isn't supported...... But maybe someone someday can come up with a solution..... Maybe with the animation editor TRWad made.......

EDIT: In fact I'm going to post a question on this in the TRLE! Thanks for the thought, TheBoo! ;)

Great, Collin! I'll try to remember to watch the LE forum for any progress.:D

Collin
21st Dec 2002, 00:49
Well, I asked and I didn't get a very pleasant answer..... :(
It cannot be done because there isn't an animation to edit. And we can't assign keys to new moves because we (read: 'not I but people who know stuff about computers' ;)) are not allowed to change the TR4.exe to make this possible.....

To make it legal to change the .exe file we'd have to get authorisation of Core. To get this, Data has set up a petition, but there are far too little people who signed it. So, please go here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10061) and sign if you hadn't done so already..... It's in all our interests..... :)