PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard...

sgtcortez_az
12th Dec 2002, 21:47
Having just received my new and shiny issue of the Official Playstation Magazine, I turned to my favorite section, Clish's Gossip, and to my utter surprise, they are releasing TimeSplitters 2.5! This may not be the actual name, but it will have full online support for dial-up and broadband! This so awesome! *pants hard* I love this game and now being able to kick some a** online will be awesome!:D :D :D :D :D

icedive
12th Dec 2002, 21:51
azerbajan?

anyway this sounds good. Is it only for PS2?

sgtcortez_az
12th Dec 2002, 21:56
I'd imagine it would come out for X-Box too, but I only have a Playstation Magazine

ragged_brute
12th Dec 2002, 22:12
I wish i could afford BB but for now i'm gonna rely on good ol' 16 player I-Link Death matches.:D

icedive
12th Dec 2002, 22:15
I hate X-box's! GameCube is what i hope it'll come out for. I also have a PS2 which has the "disc read error" problem, but thats beyond the point. ;)

Fix those buggies FR! :p

wags232
13th Dec 2002, 00:47
All I have to say is..........SHAZAM! But I really hope it's not going to be a $50 game, and I really hope you can exchange maps and play in pre-made maps.

Choronis
13th Dec 2002, 06:17
about friggin time! i really really hope it comes out for the cube though! *crosses fingers and begins to pray endlessly*

kirstyg_w
13th Dec 2002, 11:37
How can the cube hook up?

Duckman Drake
13th Dec 2002, 11:53
Here we go again... (gets down on knees) please, please, PLEASE can we have an online version of TS2 for EVERY system (unlikely it may be) so we can all enjoy the game with our chums online, and avoid any more bravado-inflated "mine's bigger than yours" console wars on this forum. Thankies!!!!

kirstyg_w
13th Dec 2002, 12:28
It wasn't a 'the cube can't hook up' comment, I was hoping someone could tell me how the cube can hook up, as I have one, and I'm not that technically minded... :)

If all the consoles are capable, it would be fantastic to be able to play online. I agree that if they're not all capable, it shouldn't be released just to torment those who can't make use of it!

El-Spaz
13th Dec 2002, 16:12
All that i know is that the TS 2.5 had better not cost $50. I dolled out that kind of cash to buy the game to start with, and with both my wife and i being full time students while only working part time i certainly am not made of money!

cowboy
13th Dec 2002, 18:51
To kirstyg_w :look on the bottom of your beautiful cube and you'll see a lovely place to put your modem (out spring 2003):)

Miko
13th Dec 2002, 18:55
I hope the add on is more of a multiplayer add on with lots of new features as I can't afford to buy the same thing just for internet support. It better come out on the Gamecube as well, because, no offense (i also have a PS2) it's the best version.

Here's hoping.

Teppic
13th Dec 2002, 19:25
Will TS2.5 be solely multiplayer?

Or will it feature story mode and mapmaker? :)

Hank Nova
13th Dec 2002, 22:10
If it isnt just a rumour, i hope it has fishwives :D

seegy87
14th Dec 2002, 14:05
oh yeah! The fishwives epic!!
BRING BACK THE FISHWIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may have some bug updates too.

Choronis
14th Dec 2002, 18:53
im hoping that theres more unique characters in it. LESS HUMANS!! i wun 2 play az da rakoonnn!!1!11!

kirstyg_w
17th Dec 2002, 14:11
Thankyou Cowboy! Promise to use my manual in the future!:)

Slick
10th Jan 2003, 00:41
The place that sponsored the Article on TS2.5 was a :eek: :eek: GOSSIP COLUMN:eek: :eek: It could be 100% UNTRUE:mad: not to rain on anyones parade:(

sheeps
10th Jan 2003, 09:01
It better be cubed

Red Alien
10th Jan 2003, 12:28
its great that this new version is coming out except that there is no playstation internet in Australia yet!!! Apparantly it will come out in june. Can anyone tell me how it will work???

El-Spaz
13th Jan 2003, 15:29
Red AlienApparantly it will come out in june. Can anyone tell me how it will work??? Sure, right now it's January. After this month it will be February, then March, followed by April, next May, then lastly it will be June! Any other questions?

Sorry about that...i don't have a real answer to your question as i am an American, but i was amused with your question, so i had to answer it.

sheeps
19th Jan 2003, 02:53
Originally posted by El-Spaz
Sure, right now it's January. After this month it will be February, then March, followed by April, next May, then lastly it will be June! Any other questions?

Sorry about that...i don't have a real answer to your question as i am an American, but i was amused with your question, so i had to answer it.
Ok! Terrific!

Red Alien
19th Jan 2003, 07:12
Originally posted by El-Spaz
Just what the world needs... another american who isnt funny

MapMaker Monkey
19th Jan 2003, 14:35
Originally posted by Red Alien
Just what the world needs... another american who isnt funny

This is an international forum and inflammatory comments about members' nationalities such as this can be misinterpreted and are therefore best avoided.

MMM

Rare
20th Jan 2003, 01:05
It would be cool if they made a server so that all the systems could could play against different systems. It would make it so that we don't have to buy another system and game just so we can play with one of our friends online. *Dramatized* "They could call it...'The TS Server'."

suicidal_dump_truck
20th Jan 2003, 02:13
Servers online would be cool. For assault, they could have a time limit and whoever succeeds wins. They should have all levels and weapons plus all characters avaliable when or if it comes out.

imported_undead_priest
24th Jan 2003, 11:30
how do we no this is true do we have an eidos representitive to confirm this?

the_internet_king
25th Jan 2003, 21:21
i think online would be good but i wouldnt buy the same version of a game i alredy have to play online also multiplayer would be no fun if you cant curse your team mates in the facelol

El-Spaz
25th Jan 2003, 22:21
I concur. I would not buy a seperate version of TS2 just to be able to play online. It would have to be some sort of expansion disk for me to get it (only 5 or 10 bucks)

macheath
10th Aug 2003, 05:18
It's now August and it really doesn't look like this is going to happen does it?

Captin Snow
10th Aug 2003, 05:28
Chances are if there was no news about it at the website, and it was in the "Gossip Section" it wont even happen. Maybe the magazine editors were hinting that they should come out with an online version. And hell no I wouldn't buy a whole other TS2 game just for online play, although my version is getting scratched up a bit..

macheath
10th Aug 2003, 09:41
Well they would probably also take the oppurtunity to fix some of the glitches in the game.

I would buy it rather than wait for TS3 which will probably be over a year from now.. and it's not for certain that TS3 will have online play either. Infact no TS3 game has even been announced.

Online play is a big feature that can extend the lifespan of the game immensley... You pay a one off fee for the game, and after that you can play TS2 online for free, forever, without having to go through the PAIN of using the GIT tunneling software. I would rather do that than never have a TS online game at all.

AB-109
10th Aug 2003, 14:49
Originally posted by macheath
You pay a one off fee for the game, and after that you can play TS2 online for free

What bout the xbox live subscription charges and PS2 will probably intraduce the same thing and no sign of gc goin online anytime soon.

Ab ^_^

macheath
10th Aug 2003, 17:38
Originally posted by AB-109
What bout the xbox live subscription charges and PS2 will probably intraduce the same thing and no sign of gc goin online anytime soon.

Ab ^_^

Yes i was speaking of PS2 version mainly. Xbox owner chose to accept those charges when they bought an Xbox and signed for XBL.

There's no reason to presume that Sony would impose charges. They don't offer any online services like Microsoft do, and it doesn't cost them anything when games go online. They just sell the Network adapter. Which is already extra revenue that Microsoft don't get because the XBOX already has ethernet adapter built-in. This approach from Sony seems to have won over big companies like EA and is costless for them so I don't see why they would change it when it all it would achieve is upset gamers and developers and throw them in direct competion with XBL services.

AB-109
10th Aug 2003, 20:45
Originally posted by macheath
Xbox owner chose to accept those charges when they bought an Xbox and signed for XBL.

I didnt know there where gonna be any charges when I bought mine and I dont think most people knew it when they first bought one (they would now but for some its too late).

You never know... a few years down the line sony MIGHT introduce an online service and boast about how "dependable and fast and secure and fun" it is.

I don't see why they would change it when it all it would achieve is upset gamers and developers and throw them in direct competion with XBL services

Duh.... companies always want to beat the compatition so of cors they'd wanna be in comp with xbox. Gamers would be unhappy but they'll get over it and developers will just carry on (well the big ones anyway) cos they know its the most popular console so it would be in thier best interest and they main reason why sony might introduce a service is simple.... cos all companies are mafe up of money hungry vamps :p after all it makes the 'world go round' and I bet if you had enough if it you can make it spin anyway you wanted lol

Ab ^_^

GST_10%
15th Aug 2003, 05:29
Any news on a internet thingy for PS2 in Australia? I'm really missing the plot!

nitz
18th Aug 2003, 17:38
gamecube already IS online, theres just only one game that takes advantage (Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2).

Candi Skyler
21st Aug 2003, 22:43
Do you need Broadband to go online with the cube? What exactly do you need?

nitz
25th Aug 2003, 15:30
yap, theres a buncha ppl around here with PSO, and a broadband hooked into one o thoze slots in the bottom. i think its the stupidest thing in the world (PSO that is)

sheeps
26th Aug 2003, 08:21
Typing like that I think you're the stupidest thing in the world.. :/

And Gamecube is supposed to also take dial up..

It's only xbox and maybe ps2 that is/are only broadband compliant.

nitz
26th Aug 2003, 14:25
Well is this more appropriate, sir? I shall use proper punctuation and people will take notice of how well i can spell. Well, maybe you're the only person who takes note of that........ Anyways, gamecube doesn't take dial-up. The biggest slot in the bottom of the gamecube is for the broadband adapter they just released a little while ago. I remember I was going to get on the bandwagon for online games around here, but couldn't because my parents wouldn't shell out the extra cash for broadband. Therefore I was looking for a dial up option, and couldn't find any.

AB-109
26th Aug 2003, 16:37
Actually there is a 56k dialup modem adapter for the gamecube!

Ab ^_^

nitz
26th Aug 2003, 16:59
:eek: i just found them on the internt, sorry, im still not going to buy one........

sheeps
27th Aug 2003, 10:27
Originally posted by nitz
Well is this more appropriate, sir? I shall use proper punctuation and people will take notice of how well i can spell. Well, maybe you're the only person who takes note of that........ Anyways, gamecube doesn't take dial-up. The biggest slot in the bottom of the gamecube is for the broadband adapter they just released a little while ago. I remember I was going to get on the bandwagon for online games around here, but couldn't because my parents wouldn't shell out the extra cash for broadband. Therefore I was looking for a dial up option, and couldn't find any.

Why do you ask a question if you already knew the answer (even though you were wrong).

*sigh*

nitz
27th Aug 2003, 15:34
What was my question? and dude, I type that way cuz i can do it faster, I don't have too much spare time. So if you could stop ragging on me and calling me the, quote "stupidest thing in the world", that would be much appreciated. O h and by the way, my grade 11 average is 95.8 percent. So i'm not even close to the stupidest thing in my town.

AB-109
27th Aug 2003, 19:50
Chill out dudes sheesh :D

Lots of people type like that including me (it saves a hell of alot of time) and most people understand it and if they dont thier able to figure it out if they actually look at it (otherwise thier the stupid ones :p jk).

Who cares how someone types/talks aslong as thier able to communicate and thier message gets across.

Now lets all have a "BIG HUGGGG" (as the teletubbies would say) and put this all behind us :)

Ab ^_^

No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members. You will not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another Member or guest that is unwanted. This means: don't say bad things about them, don't keep sending them unwanted messages, don't attack their race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, way they type, etc.

K I added the last bit but you get the idea :p

Captin Snow
27th Aug 2003, 21:43
How'd this turn into a typing argument anyway? I could care less how people type, stay on the topic. Although, I don't see what you could do with .00023 spare seconds of time you get by typing "u" instead of "you."

AB-109
27th Aug 2003, 21:50
.00023 secs is alot. Could make the difference of a plat or gold on Top Shot :D

Ab ^_^

KittenCeleste
28th Aug 2003, 06:19
Originally posted by Captin Snow
How'd this turn into a typing argument anyway?

Agreed. This has gone on long enough.. Good night, everyone.