PDA

View Full Version : Project Output problem

eTux
11th Dec 2002, 18:34
When I output the project I get an error like this - "GetBoxOverlap() - Too many overlaps". I guess it stands for many overlapped parts of different rooms, so I fixed the rooms where I knew the problem could be, but nothing. I had a room where I made this on purpose (to create the TR3 space ship effect) and fixed it here too, but nothing!

Every room that was overlapped is now fixed, but it stillgives me that darned error! HOw can I fix this, the level is now way too big to give it up now! :mad:

Data
11th Dec 2002, 21:03
I believe this may be due to the editor not updating itself when you delete rooms or doors. My brother had the same problem with Tower Bridge 2 and had to redo it.
You could try the project fixing tool.

eTux
13th Dec 2002, 19:01
Thanx for the help , Data, but the problem turned out to be even more serious, or maybe easier to solve for those who know how to. TRfix corrupted the project even more and didn't fix the problem :( The problem was not the overlapping rooms, but that, that the editor did''t accept more than hundred rooms (I know how to get more than hundred rooms, don't confuse it with this) I deleted some newly created rooms, and the project would output fine and everything worked untill... I tried to create more new rooms. I got the same error again :(

I presume that this could be because the project is covering most of the area where the project can be, and most of the rooms are 18 X 18 big, but that really is necessary :(

MountainDewNut
13th Dec 2002, 21:22
Why not split the level in two?

eTux
13th Dec 2002, 21:29
That thought had crossed my mind, but I'd need to fix the puzzles, so they wouldn't have to be split into the 2 levels (unacceptable) and I also had to fix the surroundings, so they wouldn't end like cut off with a knife, but that's not possible since I can't make more rooms, so I have no other choice unfortunatly...

GeckoKid
13th Dec 2002, 22:31
you know, you can copy the prj and start another half of the level, just delete those you won't be able to see... and make a finish trigger waay before it touches it.