PDA

View Full Version : Too many winged people...

TempySmurf
11th Dec 2002, 18:34
I'm sure these've been mentioned before.. just curious as to wot everyone thinks..

In the sarafan stronghold.. a guy with wings... Killing a demon looking being.. (sarafan killing a vampire or.. Ancient killing a hylden)

wings1 (http://www.darktenshi.com/dt/images/pane.jpg)

On your way to Moebius' "Lair" - the frozen winged ones. I'd laugh and say it's Janos but there's two of them. Janos.. Seer?

wings2 (http://www.darktenshi.com/dt/images/frozen.jpg)

Umah Bloodomen
11th Dec 2002, 19:01
As for your Sarafan mural, I think it was how the Sarafan were perceived. Holy warriors, warriors of God, on a quest to rid the world of all that is unholy. I think it's merely symbolic.

The frozen winged people in BO though I believe are simply remnants of the ancients. One could be Janos' corpse, although I doubt the other is the Seer. (I still believe she's Hylden).

TempySmurf
11th Dec 2002, 19:30
I figured as much.. just thought it was funny..

but who exactly is "God" in Nosgoth? :D

fneh
18th Dec 2002, 00:08
how many times do you think: what the hell is he talking about?

religion in nosgoth? WHO?????? there only seem to be about 3 defferent devils. No gods.

moby serves super squid. raziel doesn't serve squiddy. Why did he let moby say that?:confused:

Lady Kreliana
18th Dec 2002, 04:17
When BO1 was created, I don't think they really knew what direction LoK was going to go in, so I disagree with that picture being the remains of an ancient. I think it's just a frozen demon. :D What a deep theory, huh? LOL

VegetaWorshipper
23rd Dec 2002, 14:18
Originally posted by TempySmurf
I'm sure these've been mentioned before.. just curious as to wot everyone thinks..

In the sarafan stronghold.. a guy with wings... Killing a demon looking being.. (sarafan killing a vampire or.. Ancient killing a hylden)

http://www.darktenshi.com/dt/images/pane.jpg

Is it just me or does that little green fella not have a jawbone...?

CyberFish
26th Dec 2002, 01:12
Oooh... Interesting, VW. Could be a rather stylised version of Raziel. However, Raziel's skin was blue and he didn't have a tail. Also, he wasn't actually killed by the Sarafan.

The huge purple demon shown behind Dumah in the martyrss chamber has been said to be a representation of Raziel, so I guess it's not too far fetched.

VegetaWorshipper
4th Jan 2003, 13:34
Well, you know how those Sarafan love their... ahem... artistic license.

Bastards.

CyberFish
4th Jan 2003, 21:16
Yeah. The picture of Janos near William's tomb wasn't exactly true to life. It surprises me that Kain's pic was so good a likeness.

Scathach
5th Jan 2003, 18:24
Yeah. The picture of Janos near William's tomb wasn't exactly true to life. It surprises me that Kain's pic was so good a likeness.

Well, Janos looked like an angel, didn't he. It wouldn't make the Sarafan look good if they seemed to be killing an angel. Kain dosn't need to be demonised as mush as Janos as he basically looked like any other vampire

L_Master562
6th Jan 2003, 14:46
You guys didn't mention the Winged Statue holding the reaver in Bo1 yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great stuff.

Looky here (http://www.geocities.com/legacyofkainmedia/Janos.html)

Them sarafan are only idealizing themselves and degrading the way the vampires/ancients are percieved. I need to take the picture of the frozen things now. I'll get the actual Janos pictures as well from the Pc Bo2+Sr2.

VegetaWorshipper
9th Jan 2003, 16:22
Ooooh...

*has learned much*

warpsavant
9th Jan 2003, 22:07
http://www.darktenshi.com/dt/images/pane.jpg

Me thinks you need to put the Sr2 version of these same BO windows right next to each other. In SR2, the creature under the Sarafan looks like....a squid I think.

Edit: oh yeah, those pics Lmaster has at his site, it looks like a map under where you get the Reaver, but in one of the pics is some red thing and it looks like something highlighted on the Sr2 in game map.

darien_specter
10th Jan 2003, 17:41
You know, I never thought about that before... but I had proposed, once before (in my 'travelogue' post, I think), that the Stronghold might possibly be originally a construction of the ancients... given the presence of Reaver fonts within it, and the different versions of the ouroborus (I know I misspelled that badly... sigh) in the two planes... or even the presence of that symbol in the first place, given that it only appears elsewhere on Raziel's little spirit markers or on representations of the ancients. And while it probably is a Sarafan killing a vampire (and has anyone noticed the apparently different spelling of Sarafan in BO2 as 'Seraphan'?), it does make you wonder... especially if warp's right (and he usually is) about that squid thing...

L_Master562
11th Jan 2003, 05:09
I remember a group of us agreeing with you darien_specter noticing that the stronghold predates its current occupents visable by things in the lake underneath. It was those things seeming too old to have been built under a lake knowing it probly filled in much later. That and all of the other things you mentioned in the last post.

VegetaWorshipper
11th Jan 2003, 13:08
I always wondered about that stuff in the lake. The Sarafan are just a bunch of freeloaders, after all...

L_Master562
11th Jan 2003, 21:30
guardian? The red stuff was "tears of angels" raining down burning in the form of blood. Clouds apear without the burning "tears" after leaving and coming back.

VegetaWorshipper
14th Jan 2003, 18:42
Mmm. Never saw that.