PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is this? *pun intended*

TempySmurf
11th Dec 2002, 11:12
Does anyone know where the location of this is in the game? The Lost City?

http://www.darktenshi.com/dt/images/mortanius.jpg

Lozza Mate
11th Dec 2002, 11:26
kain's personal hell.

Vampmaster
11th Dec 2002, 12:18
There's a place under Avernus that looks like that. I think the higher floors were supposed to represent heaven (where he found the SR) and underground suppposed to represent hell. It looked like it was outdoors though so I think it was some sort of illusion/halucination. The only real things happening there was that Kain and Mortanius were both present and he became a vampire. He could have been at his crypt at this time.

blincoln
11th Dec 2002, 17:12
According to the script, that scene takes place in the Underworld.

Umah Bloodomen
11th Dec 2002, 17:33
I was under the impression that was the Underworld myself.

Anubis_Orr
11th Dec 2002, 18:23
I think it's the chamber below Avernus too, the markings are the same as the ones present when Mortanius rips Malek's soul from his body, I think Mortanius may have just created an illusion so as to influence Kain to take the deal that Mortanius was offering. Playing to the crowd as it were.

warpsavant
11th Dec 2002, 19:41
I think its in Kains mind. If it was Avernus, you'd see the skeleton strung up, its been there for like 500 yrs or something.

blincoln
11th Dec 2002, 20:13
I think those markings are just generic "Nosgoth Magic" symbols. They're basically the same as around the edges of the platform the Pillars go through as well.

Jidai Geki
12th Dec 2002, 16:00
What the hell did the human Kain do to end up in a place like that? He wasn't particularly evil, was he? unless Mortanius intervened and took his soul to that place...

Umah Bloodomen
12th Dec 2002, 18:30
Originally posted by Jidai Geki
What the hell did the human Kain do to end up in a place like that? He wasn't particularly evil, was he? unless Mortanius intervened and took his soul to that place...

Did you actually play Blood Omen at all?

Jidai Geki
13th Dec 2002, 15:04
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Did you actually play Blood Omen at all?

Umm... Yes? Several times. Why? I cannot recall human Kain doing anything that was particularly evil- hell, he was only in the game for five minutes.

Umah Bloodomen
13th Dec 2002, 15:36
It was directed at the last part of your statement. :rolleyes:

EDIT And true he was only in BO for roughly 5 minutes, but he was alive for 30 years. Plenty of opportunity to be evil and/or do evil things in life. (That we have not yet been privileged to see).

I think Raziel would be a perfect example of that. He most certainly wasn't a friendly-type person during his human life. As we found out later...

TheElderGodofNosgoth
13th Dec 2002, 16:54
Its the Underworld.

Jidai Geki
15th Dec 2002, 01:58
Well, it's been a while since I played it... I thought maybe Mortanius was just taking a stroll through hell, and happened to spot Kain all trussed up! ;)

Lozza Mate
15th Dec 2002, 07:58
this is an extremely subjective view on how he could've ended up in hell:

am I the only one who tried to kill as many of the brigands before they murdered kain?

Umah Bloodomen
15th Dec 2002, 08:09
Originally posted by Lozza Mate
this is an extremely subjective view on how he could've ended up in hell:

am I the only one who tried to kill as many of the brigands before they murdered kain?

I try each time I play to take all of them out. I get down to about two or so, but they just keep coming and getting the best of me every time. ;)

Anubis_Orr
15th Dec 2002, 08:19
I've killed about 20 or so before but anytime I moved even the slightest bit where the screen had to move more would just appear. Usually just try when I intend to play through the whole game, the trick is getting away from the trees outside the bar, because it's easy to kill them without getting hit, take a swing, backup, they move in, take a swing back up, simple...

Jidai Geki
17th Dec 2002, 15:10
I managed to kill a fair few, then I ran into one of the houses. Lo and behold! three more brigands were waiting in the house! and if you go back outside, there's another twenty waiting. Maybe if you kill a hundred or so, Kain survives and the game takes a whole new slant... :D

chuffy
18th Dec 2002, 12:19
Kain is evil. he was tainted from the moment of his birth. Remember?

chuffy

Plink
18th Dec 2002, 13:05
I was so confused when that happened. *wants to hire Blood Omen out again* I thought: What? I step out of the ar and I get killed? Bloody hell! This is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be...
...And then every one's favourite dead guy turns up and Kain becomes a vampire.

As for Kain being evil: He's just misunderstood. There's a difference. He needs a hug to make it all better :D

~ atkinson

Wise Man Domingo
18th Dec 2002, 17:41
It is stated that this is the Underworld in the History of Nosgoth in SR2's bonus features (and in it's manual).