PDA

View Full Version : Keyblade Wielders

edward.busch.18
14th Feb 2013, 08:15
Lea summoned a keyblade what are your thoughts?

Ryutim
15th Feb 2013, 00:46
Awsome, definately awsome, Axel has always been one of the coolest characters, and it's only fitting that he gets to be a keyblade wielder after everything he's done (like nearly killing himself while trying to save Sora, even if he was only doing it for Roxas' sake).

edward.busch.18
15th Feb 2013, 00:50
heh, actually Axel was doing it for Sora! Thats why At memory Skyscraper when Roxas Battled Sora he asked "Why did he chose you?!" his qustion was why did he save Sora instead of making him a heartless so Roxas could return.... after looking at the paine glass Roxas got his answer

Ryutim
15th Feb 2013, 01:03
Really? I thought that Roxas was asking why Diz chose to have Namine put Roxas' memories into Sora, rather than having Sora's memories put into Roxas (basically choosing Sora to exist rather than Roxas).

edward.busch.18
15th Feb 2013, 01:19
I read off of khwiki.net what i learned .... it made sense since Axel sacrifice happened just before the battle

edward.busch.18
15th Feb 2013, 01:19
plus Roxas didnt care about Diz's choice at ALL!

Ryutim
15th Feb 2013, 01:26
I just thought that he might be annoyed that Sora got to live when he didn't, and Diz was the one who really made the decision about that.

edward.busch.18
15th Feb 2013, 01:29
na he forced Roxas' hand but He wanted to meet Sora anyways. I doubt it was absulute bad why he wanted to meet sora, he looked peaceful

Ryutim
15th Feb 2013, 01:38
I agree, but I don't think that Roxas would have just allowed himself to fade away without being damn sure that Sora could handle things, and doubly sure that his promises would be kept (remember how Roxas got the Oathkeeper keyblade in 358/2 Days?).

edward.busch.18
15th Feb 2013, 01:41
again after seeing Axel fade away, he reappeared to test Sora...he had a motive and after the Battle he said "You make a good other" thus he was happy Sora could handle the rest on his own....but i think Sora will give Namine, Roxas, Xion, Ventus thier lives back since DDD all these were Hurting and Sora himself said to Roxas " you Deserve as much as i do to be your own person"

WinterWolftm
15th Feb 2013, 16:19
heh, actually Axel was doing it for Sora! Thats why At memory Skyscraper when Roxas Battled Sora he asked "Why did he chose you?!" his qustion was why did he save Sora instead of making him a heartless so Roxas could return.... after looking at the paine glass Roxas got his answer

No, when roxas said that he meant why did the keyblade chose sora.

edward.busch.18
15th Feb 2013, 19:33

No, when roxas said that he meant why did the keyblade chose sora.

sorry i dont usally mock people but that is just retarded go back now rewatch it Roxas knew sora weilded the keyblade.... Roxas wasnt mad about the keyblade AT ALL...HIS BEST friend sacrificed himself for his "other" not him

Ryutim
15th Feb 2013, 23:01
I still think that Axel sacrificed himself for both of them, but I agree that it doesn't make any sense for Roxas to be angry about the keyblade choosing Sora, after all, they were both using keyblades to fight each other, so it's not like the keyblade abandoned Roxas just because he doesn't have his own body anymore.

Ryutim
15th Feb 2013, 23:09
again after seeing Axel fade away, he reappeared to test Sora...he had a motive and after the Battle he said "You make a good other" thus he was happy Sora could handle the rest on his own....but i think Sora will give Namine, Roxas, Xion, Ventus thier lives back since DDD all these were Hurting and Sora himself said to Roxas " you Deserve as much as i do to be your own person"

I completely agree on both points, and I'll be really disappointed if Namine, Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Terra, and maybe even Master Eraqus, don't get their own lives back at some point in the series. Hey, maybe we should be looking for 13 lights, rather than 7, so that they can fight against Xehanort's darknesses head to head. Let's see, we've got Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Aqua, Ventus, Terra, Lee, Roxas, Xion, Namine, possibly Master Eraqus, and if Master Yen Sid takes up a keyblade again, then we've got 13 lights right there, I know that we'll still need to bring back, well, most of them, but it's certainly a possibility.

new_tradition
16th Feb 2013, 00:04
Like I said in another thread, Lea being able to use the keyblade really came out of no where. I suppose the first thing I'm wondering is how he even obtained the ability. I'm probably forgetting, but did he ever touch a keyblade? If not that, was there a wielder he connected with? I guess Ventus would be obvious, but I only saw their meeting as to explain why Axel cared for Roxas so much more so than gain the ability.

(also, i had no clue Roxas was talking about Axel in that scene. I thought it was DiZ too, lol).

But now that we have here another keyblade wielder, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It simply is. I mean, it gives Lea something to do since he wasn't one of Ansem's apprentices, and Axel was a prominent character, so to just regulate him in the background group seems kind of like a waste. Also being a keyblade wielder maybe gave him life again in the first place? Does that seem plausible? What of the other Org.XIII members then? What made Lea special?

I'm more curious if his newfound ability will be used against Isa since he's now a certified Xehanort vessel. Personally hoping those two reconcile somehow since we know they were best friends before everything happened in BbS and onward. I never really understood why Braig was helping Xehanort so much, so Isa's aid now is even more confusing. Maybe he was jealous and bitter over Axel hanging out with Roxas and Xion instead of him, d'awwww. Lol xD

member_10706996
16th Feb 2013, 00:23
I don't think it's a bad thing. It helps complete the trio of wielding Keyblades since Roxas and Xion both can. Although I wonder if Axel's unique fighting style with the Chakrams are retained. I think he'll use a lot of Strike Raid like attacks.

edward.busch.18
16th Feb 2013, 00:38
i AGREE throwing the keyblade strikeraid style seems right up his ally.... how Lea gained the Keyblade he made a request to a ex-keyblade master didnt he? actually 2 keyblade masters (Mickey and Yen sid) ...either one could perform the rite... the other oganization members were "recompleted" as humans cept for the vessals and two who remain in "unstable" condition....so Lea gained life once his Nobody (Axel) and heartless was both destroyed. same with Master Xahanort each chacter Eye'd his rival before they seperated . Lea- Saix, Mickey- Xahanort, Riku- Ansem

new_tradition
2nd Mar 2013, 22:53
Whoa. So I just saw a gif set on tumblr, and it reminded me that Lea did technically handle Ventus' wooden keyblade prop he got from Terra on Radiant Garden when they met in BbS.

I've been assuming a "real" keyblade had to be necessary, but maybe not? O_o

M1YAK2
16th Mar 2013, 21:51
Wouldn't a young Nintendo child wielding the keyblade be powerful? I feel like some characters of Nintendo(other than Luigi) get unappreciated these days.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 01:47
Na the wooden keyblade couldnt do it ... lol that was a toy.... but he did get hit with plenty of REAL keyblades..... lol

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 05:45
I was also thinking about Ven's wooden keyblade perhaps being the reason he was able to wield one in the first place. After all, if a keyblade made of data counts as a keyblade (Re:Coded), then why not one made of wood? But then again, Sora never touched a Keyblade, his heart was just strong enough to take the Kingdom Key from Riku. I'd say Lea has a heart at least as strong, seeing as his Nobody was able to retain its physical form. So probably it was the strength of his heart that was able to call a keyblade to his hand. Was it necessary for Lea to start wielding a keyblade? Who knows. The reason he wanted one in the first place was to somehow get back Isa, Braig, and whatever Organization members didn't wake up with him, Even, Dilan, Aeleus, and Ienzo in Ansem's Study in Kingdom Hearts 3D, so perhaps there is something only he know how to do. Or perhaps now he wants to extract the piece of Xehanort's heart from Isa. Or maybe he could secretly want to bring Roxas back still, though I don't see him stabbing Sora anytime soon. But those are three reasons why Lea could have needed a keyblade. We'll just have to wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 to find out more.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 06:15
well sora could weild a blade becuase of Ven that was explained by Nomura... the Kingdom Key jumped from Riku to Sora but only cuz ven was already etsablished Aqua said it herself that there was something about that boy... but she didnt want to pass the Keyblade on to Sora since Terra picked Riku...Sora was a new Heart Born when Ven's heart was ripped away from Vanitas and saved Ven which I would guess Why they look alike.... They speak of Sora's Mom and Dad but never of Riku's parents....ever wonder why?

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 06:28
Sora weilds a keyblade because of his own heart being strong enough for one. Nomura never stated that it was because of Ven, only the Kingdom Hearts Wiki page claims that. Sora can weild TWO blades because he has two hearts inside him, each capable of weilding a keyblade on their own, but his ability to weild one Keyblade comes from himself. It's similar to how in Days when Roxas only had Ven's heart inside him, he could weild one Keyblade, but as soon as he absorbed Xion and her heart, he was able to weild two.

Sora wasn't born BECAUSE of Vanitas separating from Sora, just at the same time. He touched his heart to Ventus' broken heart, which is what brought Ventus back from his coma. And when Ven's heart was shattered, Sora's heart gave it refuge. They have separate hearts, they're just occupying the same space.

And Riku is almost certainly related to Xehanort in some way, just look at their hair.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 06:38
or Sephiroth...lol ... but serious Sora's heart touched Ven BEFORE he was born.... then Ven trained under Eraqus while Sora was growing up.....timeline know your timeline.... THEN when the X-blade was shattered He rejoined Sora....But Roxas weilded Two becuase of Vens heart not Xion as I also hoped but Nomura actually did explain this one.... and Sora could only weild the keyblade with his friends help stated in KH3D.... although by now im sure he could fully do it alone...

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 06:57
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBE5JZ6Iip0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBE5JZ6Iip0)

At 5:28 Sora's heart says "I'm a brand new heart." I'm assuming that hearts are born at the same time as the people they represent, though of course I could be mistaken there, Kingdom Hearts has done stranger things.

Also the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Ultimania, the official guidebook of all things Kingdom Hearts, states:

"It is thought that it could be Ventus's heart... he has taken a lot of himself from Ventus. But perhaps when Sora and Roxas were separated, Ventus's heart stayed in Roxas?"

Which is supported by the fact that when Sora stabbed himself in the chest with the Keyblade of People's Hearts in Kingdom Hearts 1, only two hearts (Sora's and Kairi's) left him out of the three (Sora's, Kairi's, Ventus') that were inside him at the time. And since Ventus' heart is in Roxas, Roxas weilds Ventus' keyblade through most of 358/2 days. His status as Sora's nobody should be enough to warrant him weilding Sora's keyblade as well, but the existence of Xion, the Replica made of Sora's memories, saps away Sora's keyblade from Roxas. When she is aborbed by him, he gets back Sora's keyblade.

"Sora can wield two Keyblades at once because he has Ventus's as well as his own".

Each heart weilds its own keyblade. This part here really shouldn't be as debated as it is. Sora has a keyblade. Ventus has a keyblade. Since Sora currently has both his and Ventus' hearts, he can wield two. (In theory he should be able to do it without a Drive Form. And he definitely shouldn't need to absorb Donald and Goofy to do it. Those Drive Forms made absolutely no sense to me.)

Honestly most of the information on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki is wrong, espeically if it says "Nomura says" but no direct quote. To my knowledge Nomura refuses to answer any questions about the game's story in any way other than making another game. but if you can find me a quote from Nomura in which he says the things you claim he says, even though they go directly against what has been said and shown in all of the games and the official guidebooks, I will agree with you.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 07:45
yes hearts are born with the people...but unless things work diffrently in that world Sora would be in his mommy's tummy waiting for Birth during his talk with Ventus.....he is only 4 or 5 when Aqua meets him.... he trained with Eraqus at least that long right? Xion's keyblade Literally was a "sham" a fake...Riku said it himself.... notice the weapons Xion uses when she transforms...

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 08:31
How can you say that? Everything about Xion is real! Riku is wrong! Just like everyone was wrong about Roxas not existing! Xion and her keyblade existed!

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 08:38
Nope...She used a convincing double... but when she transformed her "blade" showed up alittle bit diffrent..... she used Roxas' power to simulate the Kingdom Key but like Riku said " cant fight a fire with sparks" Riku WAS the original owner of the Kingdom Key he would know

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 08:53
I dunno, Xion's keyblade can release hearts. And even if it is just made out of memories, I'd say they're more real than data, and Data-Sora's keyblade is genuine. I'm actually 100% certain that everything about Xion is real, everyone just like to assume everyone else is fake in Kingdom Hearts. And I think Riku realized how real Xion was eventually.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 09:09
eh... she can use the kingdom key but im still doubting it... Xion is cute though too bad my profile page cuts her off....

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 09:12
She has a real heart, so I think she has a real keyblade! "You have to have a heart to cry."

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 09:16
true she is real... and i would VERY much like to play as her in a game...

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 09:23
She is an optional character in Days... But yeah she'd be a fun character for a story. Doubt she's going to get one anytime soon though.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 09:24
we gotta create BUZZ... thats how Riku got even more story time.... Xion needs a game you create the thread im going to sleep but when i wake up i will sign it

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 09:27
I don't want to give them any more ideas for games in between Kingdom Hearts 3... xD I'll wait for Lea to bring her back in that game first.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 09:30
TRUE!!! Smart man! WE NEED 3!!!! .... although 1.5 and 2.5 sounds good i've played em...for the most part not the final mix versions which i AM geeking about

Ryutim
23rd Mar 2013, 19:24
Yeah, I can't wait for them to come out either. Anyway, you keep on saying that Xion is either real or not, but actually, she's both, or rather, she started out as a fake, but just like nobodies can grow hearts, she grew a heart as well, aided by Sora's memories, and Roxas and Axel caring about her, and once she grew a heart, she became just as real as anyone else. It's a shame Xion had to, well, not die exactly, but you know what I mean, and I really hope that they bring her back in the next game.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 19:27
Like the Riku replica , Xion started off EXACTLY as the organization wanted a puppet... but they devolped into real people with feelings

Ryutim
23rd Mar 2013, 19:41
Yeah, that's it exactly. Well said.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 20:03
Now... Will the replica be saved? Xion is mentioned but what about Riku?

Grimoire
24th Mar 2013, 03:39
Repliku? Saved from his loyal Vexens? He seems to be doing (relatively) fine at the moment.

edward.busch.18
24th Mar 2013, 08:05
HA! Manga refrence! lol .....Yes to us of the nerds of study he has his hobo stick being annoyed by Vexen's...but to the gamers he's gone..... lol man i keep thinking about that its cracking me up!!!!

Grimoire
24th Mar 2013, 12:14
I will have to admit that it's one of my favourite moments in the entire series. ^_-

Hmm...come to think of it, there is nothing that rules out his return in KH III to 100%. Death and oblivion is far from absolute in a word as broken as this one...

edward.busch.18
24th Mar 2013, 13:40
Yeah Axel died a bazillion times.... until the last time im thinking Riku replica having Zexion powers may give him illusion and he wanted to be "finished" off infront of Riku so he could find his own path.....

new_tradition
24th Mar 2013, 18:04
I remember when we saw Riku show up in the black robe in DDD, I thought it was Repliku, though it turned out to just be Young Xehanort.

I guess seeing him come back in some way would be interesting, but I'm not really getting what would be the point. Repliku "dying" in CoM pretty much was closure enough for his story. I honestly didn't think about him since then (though I was reminded a bit when Xion entered the series since they're essentially the same type of puppet).

Bobguy117
25th Mar 2013, 02:54
I seriously think Repliku has a chance of coming back as one of the 13 darknesses, why else would Riku mention him in Dream Drop Distance? Square clearly wanted fans who haven't played CoM to have some idea of who he is.

edward.busch.18
25th Mar 2013, 03:36
Yeah plus Repliku never let go of his hatred the way the real Riku did so he would be a perfect vessal for Xehanort good point

Bobguy117
25th Mar 2013, 03:38
Seven Guardians of Light vs. Thirteen Seekers of Darkness

Repliku actively sought the darkness for the power it could give him.

He is literally a seeker of darkness.

edward.busch.18
25th Mar 2013, 03:45
but would a puppet mature? or will we be facing a young version of dark Riku?

Bobguy117
25th Mar 2013, 03:52
You have a horrible prejudice against the Replicas! Pinocchio is a puppet, do you deny he's a real boy? I'm going to have to go with yes, they must age.

edward.busch.18
25th Mar 2013, 03:54
Actually Pinoke wasnt real until the end....lol....

Bobguy117
25th Mar 2013, 17:23
He had a real heart! How about the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz? He had a heart of gold the whole time!

edward.busch.18
26th Mar 2013, 08:39
hey its not prejudice to state the obvious... pinoke wouldnt have been able to grow in his wooden body...tin man waas probly always that height it the obvious thinking in general the non-organic thing cannot grow ...ever see the movie A.I? the robot boy never grew...

Ryutim
26th Mar 2013, 20:17
Mature, yes. Age, not so much.

edward.busch.18
26th Mar 2013, 22:18
exactly...Nobodies had the "body and spirit" of the person that became a heartless so they could continue to grow as seen with Namine but Replicas are not that way, sure they could be considered a special "nobody" but they were made...

Bobguy117
27th Mar 2013, 00:25
Aqua hasn't aged in 11 years, I think the keyblade might actually be the secret to immortality.

edward.busch.18
27th Mar 2013, 06:18
or the realm of darkness

edward.busch.18
27th Mar 2013, 06:18
but she is looking fine for a 30 year old...lol

new_tradition
1st Apr 2013, 02:51
^ You make it sound like 30 is too old >_>

(Although, feck, these chararacters really a super young when you think about it, lol)

@Roxas the Masculine: The more I think about it, the more I agree with you. I can defintely see Repliku as one of the 13 after-all.

I just hope there's a reasonable explanation to account for his presence. I suppose him being pulled from his time is the obvious thing, but given Riku did actually beat him back in CoM, I can't imagine Repliku being a hard guy to take down in whatever the game that has Sora and co fight the vessels.

Not to mention there's some potential retconning in the horizan (CoM has it that Repliku gets that extra dark power from killing Zexion, but they could change it so that it was from Xehanort or something, I dunno...)

edward.busch.18
1st Apr 2013, 08:29
Well the replica's ALL have the ability to steal power from outside sources.... Who knows?

Im almost 30 myself so im kinda making fun of myself.... MAN! this blows!

Frogg
8th Apr 2013, 15:45
Im okay with Lea becoming a keyblade weilder. Id like to see him wear something other than a black robe though.

edward.busch.18
11th Apr 2013, 08:54
well you do have his outfit in Birth by SLeep...