PDA

View Full Version : ...new outfit...

shirl123
10th Dec 2002, 18:52
I've been working on this outfit for a long time (hehe, I made those textures. it took me a while)
..and I'm sorry I couldn't take proper screenshot, since the LE doesn't work on my PC :mad: :(
anyway, I need some tips; it still looks undone to me and I have no idea what I should add to it...I was hoping that maybe some of you would like to help me a little bit? :p

anyway, this is the screenshot:

http://www.boomspeed.com/shirl123/TRLE_Object.jpg

MountainDewNut
10th Dec 2002, 19:02
Awesome!
The only tip that I can give you is add some of laras flesh color to the corners of the war paint. This will make the war paint not look so "blocky"

shirl123
10th Dec 2002, 19:10
hmmm...that's a good idea...
I was thinking about chaing her hair color, and maybe to ask someone's permission to use a diffrent head mesh....
edit: but I still think it'll look very...plain.(with my idea)

MountainDewNut
10th Dec 2002, 19:12
I don't know about changing the hair color cause it might not match the outfit.
Feel free to use any of my meshes if you would like.

shirl123
10th Dec 2002, 19:19
thank you :)
that's very kind of you :)
...too bad I'm not sure what head meshes are yours lol

I thought about changing it to black...when I come to this about it she might look like buttercup from the power puff girls lol

MountainDewNut
10th Dec 2002, 19:32
Check the TRLE Search Engine for some of my head meshes (they're on my outfits). I have a ponytail one that is included with my popstar outfit (I think) but the screens don't show it.

shirl123
10th Dec 2002, 19:37
alright, I'll check it out and I'll let you know which one I'll use.
once again, thank you very much :)

btw, I have a question about pixstr.
when I try to open a file, it says "all tomb raider files" but for some reason it doesn't include wad files. is it supposed to be that way?

p.s.
please forgive my poor grammar. :p

Alias
10th Dec 2002, 19:59
Here are some suggestions, For her head: Short, dark brown hair (I made a head meah that would look great on the outfit, if you like)
For her face: like MDN said, the war pait would look better less blocky. Personaly I think It would look best if you took Lara's skin color then smuge some black or gray on to it.

The outfit already looks to cool to have any suggestions for it :D

Hope I helped ;)
________
Alias 56

shirl123
10th Dec 2002, 20:05
yes, you helped me a lot. thank you!
I was thinking about short black hair.
I'm gonna change a few colors and stuff...
I was also thinking about...do you remember lisa "left eye" from TLC? do you remember that she used to mark a thick brown ...line under her left eye? I was thinking about adding it, to both eyes...

btw, does anyone know what ever happend to larzbritsh? I'm waiting for a reply for a month...and last time I sent an e-mail to larzbritsh it had 4 outfits (most of them were my old outfits with small improvements) but they're not on, the website isn't updated....and my old outfits look like crap! lol

lara_croft_AOD(danny.k)
10th Dec 2002, 20:06
wow, wow, wow
thats niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

MountainDewNut
10th Dec 2002, 20:09
Pixstr only opens and saves TR4 files.
I've seen Larz on MSN Sunday night, but that was it.

Alias
10th Dec 2002, 20:10
Would you like me to send the short hair head mesh?

Ps. Shirl123, Larz is very busy, at least that's what I think... He has not talked to me in a while :(

_________
Alias 56

shirl123
10th Dec 2002, 20:16
MDN- thanks :)

too bad LE doesn't work here...

Alias- yes, that would be the 2nd time when you're doing me a huge favour lol (btw, when I sent larzbritsh the e-mail with the outfits, I didn't forget to credit you)
my e-mail is shirl123@hotmail.co.il

Alias
10th Dec 2002, 20:18
I'll send it sround 5:00, I have to go :(

Ps. Thanks for crediting me :D

_________
Alias 56

shirl123
10th Dec 2002, 20:21
alright. thanks a lot...and you're welcome :D

btw, noone has said anything about my idea of that weird line under her eyes. :p

Alias
10th Dec 2002, 22:57
4:39 here, and I've sent it :D

I've never seen the line under the eye thing so I can't help out there :rolleyes:

________
Alias 56

shirl123
11th Dec 2002, 14:27
she did it in one of their videos..
but never mind, I gave up on that thing because it's way too hard to make it.

I was thinking about adding an "upper bracelet" to the outfit...
something like... this screenshot:

http://www.boomspeed.com/shirl123/upperarm.jpg

btw, I just got your e-mail, thank you very very much!

MountainDewNut
11th Dec 2002, 15:03
The ring looks great! Keep it.

shirl123
11th Dec 2002, 15:50
thanks. :)
I'm still thinking how will I give it the "war" look...hmmm....

Alias
11th Dec 2002, 18:34
Cool, nice bracelet ;) I have some ideas for your "war look"

#1, If youve seen my Padmé outfit, Download (http://www.laras-levelbase.org/member/trtailor/alias/files/padme.zip) it and take it in to Stripx (Or what ever you use) and extract the cuts and scratch's from it. Or you could make your own.

#2, on the bracelet you could make some of the paint chiped off a bit. Like have some spots sliver insted of black to make it look that way.

#3, On her outfit, make her shorts ripped along with parts of her shirt.

It might seem like a big job, but after doing it for a while it seems less of a hasle. ;)

_________
Alias 56

shirl123
13th Dec 2002, 16:13
wow! thanks a lot!
as for her bracelet- it isn't black...it has the same colors as her pants/top.
I would make some scraches of my own, don't forget that I'm still the student :p

it doesn't seem like a lot of work for me :p but it'll be because I still have to finish retexturing her head :p

Alias
13th Dec 2002, 16:36
Good luck ;)

________
Alias 56

shirl123
13th Dec 2002, 17:16

I'll keep you guys updated :p

shirl123
16th Dec 2002, 16:23
ok, I didn't start making the cuts with and blood and all yet, but this is the way it looks with the new headmesh and the bracelet.

http://www.boomspeed.com/shirl123/head1.jpg

Alias
16th Dec 2002, 17:35
Cool, looks great! :D Ummm hey, do you like the head mesh? :)

_________
Alias 56

shirl123
16th Dec 2002, 18:33

oh yeah, I love that head mesh! it looks great with the outfit btw. ;)

but I think that there's a problem with the bracelet- you can see it's...inside... :confused: is it supposed to be this way?

Alias
16th Dec 2002, 18:59
Originally posted by shirl123

oh yeah, I love that head mesh! it looks great with the outfit btw. ;)

but I think that there's a problem with the bracelet- you can see it's...inside... :confused: is it supposed to be this way?

It's inside? :confused: I have know idea... Maybe if you could explane it to me then I might beable to help ;)

Ps. I'm glad you like the head mesh :)

shirl123
16th Dec 2002, 19:08
just take a look at the new screenshot.

take. a. good. look. at. it. and you'll see it :p

Alias
16th Dec 2002, 19:20
You mean you can see the textures in the inside? I don't see why that would be a bad thing... Hmmm :p

_________
Alias 56

shirl123
17th Dec 2002, 18:26
ummm...is it a good thing? :p why? :p

Alias
17th Dec 2002, 18:29
It should'ent mess up anything, and it donse'ent look bad so it's not a bad thing. I have to look REALLY hard to see it, so it's not a big deal. Unless you think otherwiess.

Btw, how's the outfit coming? :)

________
Alias 56

shirl123
17th Dec 2002, 18:35
1st, thanks for telling me about it. :) I want to make sure that everything is 120% ...since I can't run my LE.

I'm ill right now so I don't work on the outfit. but I did change something about her hair...just changed some of the textures...I think she looks very feminine with that :p

Alias
17th Dec 2002, 18:42
I'm not going to make any other ouftis this month, I'm pretty bussy, but I do have a project I'm thinking about doing. Anyway, I hope you get better soon so you can continue with the outfit ;)

Ps. Can't wait to see it! :D

________
Alias 56

shirl123
17th Dec 2002, 19:12
thank you :)

once I'll get well, I'll force my brother to install the LE on his computer...it might work on his. and then I might take proper screenshots :p

good luck with your future-project btw.