PDA

View Full Version : Materia Discussions

Supernova
4th Jun 2012, 11:27
I miss equipping materias !

How about equip materias on ps3 ?

tiaeltaru
4th Jun 2012, 11:28
XIV is getting a materia system if they don't have it already, but it's more only for stat bonuses and not for spells.

Supernova
4th Jun 2012, 11:31
But I want yuffie stealing them again ^^ !

member_10803141
4th Jun 2012, 14:08
I was a fan of the materia system, 80 times better then the draw system in my opinion XD

rsmassive
4th Jun 2012, 15:29
Best system IMO. They need to make a FFVII-2, I'm sure it'll sell millions!

PAT2K9
4th Jun 2012, 16:13
Yes, the materia system was very nice.

Jackstin
4th Jun 2012, 16:20
Playing a bit of VII at the moment and it s beautiful. Much better looking than VIIi which I've also been playing.

Materia system is incredibly elegant. You can do anything you like. Is there a Jump Materia? Ai'm going to try and do Jobs this time.

Automaton
4th Jun 2012, 16:57
In VII proper, the closest you're going to get to Dragoon-related commands are Cid Highwind's limit breaks (which, think about it, is really appropriate). I do believe something was added in Crisis Core.

I really liked the versatility of the Materia system. Some characters were stronger than others with it, but you can decide who can use what at nearly any time.

Summoner
4th Jun 2012, 23:31
Really Jackstin? I perfered VIII graphics to VII and plus VII is older. Blah I don't understand. I have to agree tho, I perfer the materia system to the Draw.

tiaeltaru
5th Jun 2012, 07:18
Playing a bit of VII at the moment and it s beautiful. Much better looking than VIIi which I've also been playing.

Materia system is incredibly elegant. You can do anything you like. Is there a Jump Materia? Ai'm going to try and do Jobs this time.

Agree to disagree..

:P

But, Cid, otherwise no Jump materia.

Supernova
5th Jun 2012, 11:35
it's exciting to collect them , buy them , see their evolution , combine them , take them to cosmo canyon and make some MF poweful new materia with all magics , all summons , all commands

And we can't forget to mention the enemy skill . I have all four of them mastered

I created a special save just to "play" with the weapons !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the junction system is a little boring sometimes , you have to collect them , junction them to any status and become powerful . But any time you use the magic you become a little weak , and when this happen what you have to do ? EVERYTHING AGAIN

but the game is great , I think this is the only weak point

just to remember , Squall and Rinoa's romance is 255 times better than Tidus and Yuna

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like the gambit system too , it's complex , I finished the game just using left analog , I didn't have to use cure or esuna or protect . But I've become a little lazy with it

But the game have A LOT of exciting challenges , I loved to see gilgamesh with all those famous swords , hell wyrm , fafnir , etc

I've just beated the esper ultima , defeated zodiark yesterday , omega is next , and finally the MF powerful Yiazmat with hp 50000000

member_10639255
5th Jun 2012, 19:04
@Renan

And we can't forget to mention the enemy skill . I have all four of them mastered

I created a special save just to "play" with the weapons !

omega is next , and finally the MF powerful Yiazmat with hp 50000000

Why master all four enemy skills, there's no point in it three is all you need.

2nd I have a save for fighting the weapons over and over again too.

3rd Omega is harder than yiazmat, but yiazmat is more time consuming, for omega I would advise zodiak spears. As for yiazmat yagyu darkblade though they are hard to get sometimes, me I got 1 on my first try or masamune something with high chance for a combo once you get Yiazmats hp down by a certain point all damage to him becomes capped at 6999 so combo's are the way to go. Incase you didn't know :)

Beat the crap out of Yiazmat! He is the most annoying boss I've ever fought.

Supernova
6th Jun 2012, 13:01
There's no point taking four enemy skills and only master three !

don't you agree ?

I hope yiazmat don't disapoint me !

Awestrike
16th Jun 2012, 04:27
I have to agree that the materia system was better than the draw system. The materia system was so much more "alive" since materia grew and divided.

Supernova
16th Jun 2012, 15:06
it`s not just the materia , you have to choose the weapon too , some have linked slots , some give double or triple ap !

Cloudo555
15th Aug 2012, 18:12
Srry if this sounds ignorant, but i have been looking for years and tried every rumor i have heard or read and cant get it. It seems like it doesnt even exsist. Can someone please verify this or tell me how to get it?

Cgi15
15th Aug 2012, 18:14
It doesn't exist. It is only a plot device, not an actual obtainable materia.

Cloudo555
15th Aug 2012, 18:20
That's what i thought, thanks. Would you know anything about aeriths level 4 limit break?

Sen_Auditore
15th Aug 2012, 18:28
That's what i thought, thanks. Would you know anything about aeriths level 4 limit break?

Its called Google man, not hard to find stuff out about it.

Cloudo555
15th Aug 2012, 18:34
i never find what i want to know...

Sen_Auditore
15th Aug 2012, 18:41
i never find what i want to know...

Sadly it corrects Aerith to Aeris, but seriously, this isnt brain surgery.

www.google.com/search?q=Aeriths+Level+4+... (https://www.google.com/search?q=Aeriths+Level+4+Limit+Break&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS440US440&sugexp=chrome,mod=2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS440US440&q=Aeris+Level+4+Limit+Break&sa=X&ei=djMsUJPxEMGU2AXU6ICYCw&ved=0CEUQ7xYoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=8171fb77536c4765&biw=1383&bih=740)

Cloudo555
15th Aug 2012, 18:44
your a ****, you know that?

Sen_Auditore
15th Aug 2012, 18:46

No, Im just not lazy. If you check the first hit on that search, you can find it out. You asked, said you couldnt find what you searched for, I took the variable out of the equation and gave you the solution.

Cloudo555
15th Aug 2012, 18:49
you did it in a **** way, thats the last im saying on this subject

member_10822883
15th Aug 2012, 20:10

No, Im just not lazy. If you check the first hit on that search, you can find it out. You asked, said you couldnt find what you searched for, I took the variable out of the equation and gave you the solution.

Don't be an ass. They asked nicely enough for help on the official message board. Maybe they could have used a search engine and gotten the response they were looking for, but this forum exists for game help amongst the other topics of discussion for these games.

Sen_Auditore
15th Aug 2012, 20:12

Don't be an ass. They asked nicely enough for help on the official message board. Maybe they could have used a search engine and gotten the response they were looking for, but this forum exists for game help amongst the other topics of discussion for these games.

And after I pointed out Google, they just said they couldnt find what they were looking for, I gave a solution. Still helped.

member_10822883
15th Aug 2012, 20:17
True. That's fair, though recommending Google as the first scenario, rather than just giving the answer or even copy/pasting from another source is probably more helpful and appreciated than the obvious "look it up" answer.

gijoesamo
15th Aug 2012, 22:32

Click this link OP ;)

lmgtfy.com/?q=Aeris+Level+4+Limit+Break (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Aeris+Level+4+Limit+Break)

Sen_Auditore
15th Aug 2012, 22:34

Click this link OP ;)

lmgtfy.com/?q=Aeris+Level+4+Limit+Break (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Aeris+Level+4+Limit+Break)

XD Now that might have made me seem like an ass, although I still would have done it. I need to remember that one.

the_claw33
17th Aug 2012, 00:29
So I'm relatively new to the game...However, before fighting Rufus early in the game, it says I can remove all materia from people using switch in the menu.

That doesn't seem to work....And I'm not sure how to get materia back from members that are currently away :3

tir43l
17th Aug 2012, 00:47
You use the button you have assigned to the "Switch" command, outside of the menus.

the_claw33
17th Aug 2012, 01:07
Can you only do that at certain times?

edit: well getting PHS seems to work.

Sorry for being bad at life XD

crono1973
17th Aug 2012, 10:40
Can you only do that at certain times?

edit: well getting PHS seems to work.

Sorry for being bad at life XD

You can exchange/remove materia from inactive party members like this:

Go to the materia screen and point the cursor at the word Arrange and hit [OK]. Choose exchange.

Simonn-262419
22nd Aug 2012, 01:49
In ordeto learn the Beta Enemy Skill from any monster. The character has to get hit by it and defeat the monter. So if it possible to learn the Beta Enemy Skill from the Midgar Zolom and kill it early in the game, and still learn it on the other 3 Enemy Skill materias in the rest of the game? I have flaws in perfect walkthroughs that says that we can get it early, but we won't be able to learn it on the other 3 Enemy Skill materias. Thus not achieving a perfect 100% game.

decidation
22nd Aug 2012, 02:05
The Midgar Zolom actually re-spawns after every encounter, giving you many repeated chances to obtain Beta on all the Enemy Skill materias you get you can get (total of 8 if you master the 4 original materias). Hope that answers your question!

Simonn-262419
22nd Aug 2012, 03:01
So if I kill the Midgar Zolom, it will respawn immediately after the battle? I thought Enemy Skill materias do not have reproduce a new one when they are all mastered. I have mastered the Enemy Skill materia back in the old days when I played FF7 on the Playstation 1. I don't remember it reproducing a new one.

tir43l
22nd Aug 2012, 06:39
They don't give birth to a new materia. There are only 4 in the game.

tiaeltaru
22nd Aug 2012, 09:55
Also, do the Wutai sidequest (where Yuffie steals your materia) before disc 3, but don't do the Pagoda (or at the least, don't fight Godo on the top) until you have your 4th enemy skill materia, as Godo is the only other enemy that uses Trine that you'll have access to with four enemy skill materia.

Materia Keeper and Stilva both use it beforehand, but both are story bosses and fought before obtaining all the enemy skill materia (Only need 3 maxed really, but I like to max all 4)

And for the Dragon Zombie in the final dungeon, before you fight your first one have all your enemy skill materia equipped, as due to a bug in the game he will only use Pandora's Box upon his defeat once per save file.

member_10074094
22nd Aug 2012, 17:46
a tip for fighting Midgar Zolom later in the game, if you've become overpowered and tend to kill him to quicky: gravity (or demi or whatever FF7 calls it, I can't remember) is your friend, because it won't kill the Zolom, it depletes his health by a % based on how much health he currently has. Since if I remember correctly, he only uses it when pressed.

member_10639501
22nd Aug 2012, 18:20
Has anyone here gotten that far to get the W-Item Materia? Does the item trick still work in the remake? Please reply if you have the materia.
Thanks

Simonn-262419
22nd Aug 2012, 22:07
Also, do the Wutai sidequest (where Yuffie steals your materia) before disc 3, but don't do the Pagoda (or at the least, don't fight Godo on the top) until you have your 4th enemy skill materia, as Godo is the only other enemy that uses Trine that you'll have access to with four enemy skill materia.

Materia Keeper and Stilva both use it beforehand, but both are story bosses and fought before obtaining all the enemy skill materia (Only need 3 maxed really, but I like to max all 4)

And for the Dragon Zombie in the final dungeon, before you fight your first one have all your enemy skill materia equipped, as due to a bug in the game he will only use Pandora's Box upon his defeat once per save file.

Thanks for the tip.

decidation
24th Aug 2012, 04:52
So if I kill the Midgar Zolom, it will respawn immediately after the battle? I thought Enemy Skill materias do not have reproduce a new one when they are all mastered. I have mastered the Enemy Skill materia back in the old days when I played FF7 on the Playstation 1. I don't remember it reproducing a new one.

They don't give birth to a new materia. There are only 4 in the game.

Oops, you guys are right. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-embarassed.gif I thought mine spawned after I mastered an Enemy Skill but it was just the empty fourth Enemy Skill from Chocobo Sage's chocobo, untouched and forgotten.

Also, since I'm a tad late, you probably already know that the Midgar Zolom comes back in the marsh after you won the battle.

Cheers!

Galaxy041986
28th Aug 2012, 18:30
I have been trying to get all the achievements in the new FF7 PC release. I have spent 50 hours on my save log and have gotten 2 master summon, master magic, and master commands so far. I have mastered every materia I have atleast once (including support, independant, and the extra command materias), I also have the enemy skills and even the underwater materia. I have checked my list against a few lists of all materia online and I seem to have them all (triple checked to make sure). For some reason I cannot unlock the materia overload achievement. Is this achievement bugged? Anyone else have this issue? Please help!

member_10239333
28th Aug 2012, 22:36
Maybe you need to master all 4 enemy skill materias.

member_10078462
28th Aug 2012, 23:04
I have been trying to get all the achievements in the new FF7 PC release. I have spent 50 hours on my save log and have gotten 2 master summon, master magic, and master commands so far. I have mastered every materia I have atleast once (including support, independant, and the extra command materias), I also have the enemy skills and even the underwater materia. I have checked my list against a few lists of all materia online and I seem to have them all (triple checked to make sure). For some reason I cannot unlock the materia overload achievement. Is this achievement bugged? Anyone else have this issue? Please help!

how do you pull the menu for the character boost?? pls help

Persiangato
28th Aug 2012, 23:10

Whoa, that'd be quite the missable achievement if so.

Galaxy041986
29th Aug 2012, 00:15

how do you pull the menu for the character boost?? pls help

The character boost isn't in the game itself. You have to go to your cloud save files in your account and you will be able to apply it there. I am still working on figuring out what I am missing for the materia overload achievement.. it appears I have them all so it might be bugged. The Gil achievement is absolutely insane. After farming 3 Master magic, summon, and commands I have 10 million gil (1/10th of the achievement). I could have the combination of all 3 master materia's for every single char and still not even be half way to the gil.. It is kind of upsetting that the gil plus materia does not stack being how ridiculous the amount of gold required for this achievement is.

Galaxy041986
29th Aug 2012, 00:15

Whoa, that'd be quite the missable achievement if so.

no, thats not the case, I have all 4 enemy skills materias finished.

Galaxy041986
29th Aug 2012, 03:26
figured it out... they dont count the materia as mastered if you combine it into master magic or master summon, ect... You need to master them all and get teh achievement before combining.

member_10078462
29th Aug 2012, 05:33
Ok thanks .... but where do u go to your cloud saves and thanks again

member_10472489
29th Aug 2012, 09:13
figured it out... they dont count the materia as mastered if you combine it into master magic or master summon, ect... You need to master them all and get teh achievement before combining.

OMG! Damnit, I knew it now if I want that achievement I have to grind all those AGAIN! It should count the ones you did WHY would they do this... :(

Galaxy041986
30th Aug 2012, 01:11
when you click the ff7.exe and the screen loads where it says play, settings, view profile. Click view profile, log in, and then you can use the character booster. I dont know if your games have been sync'ing but mine have not, so if your sync's havnt been working you can't use character boost fyi. I just finished up the last achievement, log at 56 hours to complete them all. None of them are showing up in my profile since sync wont work.. But still had fun none the less. Off to rebeat ff8 now, too bad they havn't released that with achievements. =/

chris9o-340818
1st Sep 2012, 06:31
Does the W item trick work on the pc re-release?

member_10525333
2nd Sep 2012, 19:07
yea it does

coqueirozec
15th Sep 2012, 21:09
Does anybody know the literal requirements necessary to get the Materia Overload Achievement? I would prefer to see a list confirming what the game has intended for 'Master all Materias' to be achieved. I don't understand why I would need to master all 4 of the E Skill materia when just one copy should suffice, and mastering the underwater materia is a technicality, no? Please help, as this was the only achievement I couldn't get before I gave up and just beat the game.

Peacemillian-254259
28th Sep 2012, 03:29
I'm having the same problem, i've mastered every materia, every enemy skill materia, checked repeatedly, got the master materia from emerald in addition to all the materia ive already mastered, but no achievement. The only materia that doesn't say "Master" is the underwater materia, which as far as i know, cant be mastered. Halp D:

Supernova
29th Sep 2012, 21:44
and what's happened on dirge of cerbeus ?

an entire game with only 3 basic materias

tom.wolfe
1st Oct 2012, 20:59
How does it work using pc?

xebaris-280903
4th Oct 2012, 17:48
Having a similar problem. Mastered every materia (checked lists online, and they're in my inventory or equipped), mastered one enemy skill materia (don't think this materia should count), underwater materia disappeared after fighting emerald weapon (don't think this materia should count anyway), tried mastering materia both before and after turning in Earth Harp.

There's way too much confusion about the requirements for this achievement, as if there are subtle unknown requirements hidden from us (that may contradict the achievement description), or as if it is bugged.

What ARE the exact requirements? It would be nice with a non-speculative answer.

It's driving me nuts and I don't know how many hours I should backtrack from here.

xebaris-280903
6th Oct 2012, 09:32
So I backtracked and checked off the materia list yet again.

All are maxed and I haven't yet combined into Master materia in Cosmo Canyon, or turned in the Earth Harp.

(Well, I tried afterwards, and it made no difference.)

I have the Underwater materia, and 1 Enemy skills materia maxed (this was the last materia I mastered).

I also fought at least one extra battle afterwards.

I doubt all 4 Enemy skills would have to be maxed (if any is required). It sounds a little too extreme.

But I'm practically out of ideas.

DarkAtronach
9th Oct 2012, 15:02
Also: Incredibly useful tip. You can actual learn BETA the first time you ever encounter the Zolom... you just have to be patient and lucky.

You don't actually have to defeat the monster to learn the skill... you just have to survive with the character Enemy Skill is equipped on. If you equip it on someone who survives the BETA attack (I normally use Barrett) then you can run away from the fight and still learn it!

This makes you incredibly OP early on in the game.

alanman178
9th Oct 2012, 18:55
If you got the "Elemental" materia from the mayor in the shinra building, you can combine it with "Fire" materia on your armor. The only thing is, the "Elemental" materia needs to be level-2 before it will nullify "Fire" attacks. So, if you constantly have it equipped since the time you earned it, and you love to grind lol, it shouldn't take too long to reach level-2 elemental materia by the time you reach the snake. "Barret" may be the best character for the job, due to his hp being the highest when evenly leveled with the others. You could try the fight without leveling the elemental materia, but it's very hard to do with "Fire" just "halved" and not "nullified".

I don't feel that grinding for this is a waste of time in this game because, you can learn new "Limits", increase your "Gil", level the characters, and power up other materia in the process. Not to mention it's a frickin' powerful spell to have so early in the game. lol I did this on my 2nd play-through back in 1997. I'm proud of myself because, I figured that out on my own. What a miracle! lol

TravisB
9th Oct 2012, 19:00
copycat+knights of the round=beautiful end game sequence

xebaris-280903
11th Oct 2012, 16:02
No bug for me after all!

I got the achievement now.

The error turned out to be an faulty/incomplete materia list. (I knew I should have checked one more source.)

The Counter materia (Support/blue) was listed as Independent materia (purple), so I had checked it off.

Also, the Counter Attack materia (purple) was missing altogether from the list.

I assumed the differences in names were as insignificant as the spelling differences in the Summon materias in the list vs. my game. Not so.

I also didn't pay attention to the fact that it was listed under the wrong materia group.

Luckily, I could still pick up the Counter materia. Actually, I incidentally happened to have stumbled upon it already, just a short while earlier.

But I first realized when I decided to doublecheck the materias that were not part of the Master materias.

(I had, in another save, blended twice in Cosmo Canyon and turned in Earth harp - all in vain. But now I was sure that THEY were not the problem.)

Well, I found this unmastered Counter materia in my inventory, and took care of that little problem!

So, my last note about this for anyone having problems and want more details is that I only had 1 Enemy Skill materia 'mastered' (should probably not use that word - can't say from my own experience if it counts toward the achievement), though I owned all 4. I also had Underwater materia (which probably doesn't count). I loaded a save where I had neither blended or turned in Earth Harp.

I got the achievement immediately when mastering the Counter materia.

ckohler3
15th Oct 2012, 21:23
Bulls hit. I just completed material overload only to find I'm missing underwater material. I checked my save from two days ago and I had it. I definitely didn't sell it. Bull****.

xebaris-280903
16th Oct 2012, 14:13
A theory I came up with later, about me missing the Underwater materia in one of my later discarded saves, was that I had experimented with equipping Barrett's Missing Score with it. I didn't use him in my active team and had no other materia equipped on non-active characters, so I may have just forgot about that experiment. The save point I was using at the time (Save Crystal) didn't allow me to access the PHS to change team mates to really doublecheck.

chsam
3rd Nov 2012, 08:32
Just needed to let yall know that I just got the SNEAK ATTACK materia after I don't know how many hours. I shouted YESSSS,
pumped my fist, and farted... So now I have Sneak Attack and the room smells.

But man, why did those guys have to make it so hard to get Sneak Attack? For something randomly generated, I can't believe
I won all of my special prizes with Tifa riding the chocobo. But hey, whatever, I 'll take it !!! :)

RedMageBill
4th Nov 2012, 01:58
Several other sites seem to think that the game only checks to see if you have achieved this after learning an Enemy Skill, so if you have mastered all the enemy skill materias before you finish the others you can not get it.

I seem to be having this problem.

chsam
4th Nov 2012, 11:12
And I just made a huge discovery this morning!!

CAIT SITH may possible a pseudo-anagram for Cat Sh#t ! Lol

JesterXIII
6th Dec 2012, 18:59
Several other sites seem to think that the game only checks to see if you have achieved this after learning an Enemy Skill, so if you have mastered all the enemy skill materias before you finish the others you can not get it.

I seem to be having this problem.

I can confirm this is not the case. I learned all 4 of my E-Skills before even mastering half of the materia.

To the OP and anyone else interested, first, I recommend you do a double check with all of the materia in this list:

shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/ff7/materia.... (http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/ff7/materia.shtml)

Not only do you need to have every single materia on these lists, but if it has stars on it, you need at least one to have all of the stars filled. You also must have the Master Magic, Summon, and Command with a master level of every materia on the lists (I recommend you beat Emerald Weapon for these, as they won't take the ones you've mastered)

Next, make sure you have at least one Enemy Skill materia with all of the stars filled:

www.ffshrine.org/ff7/ff7_eskills.php (http://www.ffshrine.org/ff7/ff7_eskills.php)

My guess is that the "Achievement Check" is on any time a materia is leveled or something. The last materia I had to get was an "All" to master level (because I had just sold all my master levels XD). This is by far the easiest materia to level up. Simply equip a character with a triple growth weapon (IE Cloud with Apocolpse or Cid with Scimitar) and pick somewhere to grind. The best area in my opinion is the swampish area in the Northern Crator

(www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf3cktW25Ls&feat... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf3cktW25Ls&feature=player_detailpage#t=397s))

So, if you have every materia on the list, and all of your E-Skill materias are filled, you can try that. I can confirm that it worked for me.

wiktord.jan
22nd Jan 2013, 06:26
*(Magic PLUS materia) In other words - there's no way to get another one, right? I've probably sold it (how could I have done sth THAT stupid). And if I want to master all materias now am I f... or is there another way to get this thing again??

wiktord.jan
26th Jan 2013, 10:43
Will someone pls explain to me what's the difference between these two?

The description says that added effect adds materia status to equipped arm / wpn and Elemental adds materia element to equipped arm / wpn.

I don't get it what's the difference pls help ;)

apumakoman
26th Jan 2013, 12:03
They are basically the same thing, but for different types of properties.

You would used a materia like Fire, Ice, Earth etc. linked with an Elemental materia to gain the properties of that element. Using it on a weapon will add that element to your attacks and pairing it on your armor helps you in resisting or absorbing that element.

Added Effect is basically the same thing, but for status effect materia like Poison (which also works with Elemental), Contain (elemental too), Seal, Heal etc. Hades, Choco/Mog and other summon materias that imbue status effects are a good choice too.

Hope that helps. :-)

tsquared
26th Jan 2013, 12:35

The description says that added effect adds materia status to equipped arm / wpn and Elemental adds materia element to equipped arm / wpn.

elemental materia paired with materia on weapon some cause poisn if poinson was paired same with ice. but when paired with hades summon materia will cause death i did it. and elemental paired in armor slot will absorb ice if paired. no summons need to be paired while in armor slot with said materia. and as for added effect i do not use much. personal i love class systems. materia is to much clutter. make me feel like a horder. FOR THE HORDE

tsquared
26th Jan 2013, 12:35

wiktord.jan
26th Jan 2013, 13:13
Thanks guys you helped a lot!

fmflick
13th Feb 2013, 09:32
Hello, FMFlick here with a question for you all: Which materia customization do you prefer to put on Cloud? Your answers will help me on a project i'm currently doing. Most popular choice wins ^^

Alright, to be more specific: What would be your favorite customization for Cloud at the point where CD1 ends (THAT scene with Aerith) or for the first CD in general.

destruction7
13th Feb 2013, 09:47
Master materia magic,master command and mega all.

marcio.campos.7393
13th Feb 2013, 16:38
FMFlick you need to be more detailed fom what you want because the materias people constantly changes in the game here mine:

Thunder materia + Cover-Counter Materia

Thunder because Coud constantly face Shinra Machines,

Cover and counter because Cloud show his coolness protect his friends and his limit break come faster and deadly.

member_10660568
13th Feb 2013, 16:44
I don't like grinding until end-game, so this is my mid-game setup:

Leviathan: area effect and first 'powerful' elemental summon

Odin: DEATH

Comet: 'cause I wanna be just like Sephiroth :)

Contain: quickly disable vulnerable opponents

Destruct: DEATH

Lightning: common elemental weakness in some locations

Ultima: destructive, and cool animation

Double Cut: 4x damage

Counter: extra turn every time you're attacked

Chocobo Lure: gotta catch 'em all! breeding!

Counter Attack: Go ahead. I dare you to attack. See what happens.

Cover: 'cause the girls are always trying to die!

Long Range: half damage

Luck Plus: extra hope for those 'oh crap,crap,crap' moments :)

Invasian
13th Mar 2013, 09:30
After Aeris's death,You'll be going to that snowy place. Remember to get Alexander Summon Materia, Added Cut, and All Materia before you give the Black Materia to Sephiroth

For something simple, You can Try my Favorite during the early game!

1. Added Cut + Deathblow : Deathblow can either hit or miss, (if it hits, you're dealing a great deal of damage compared to an original attack) but the the Added Cut will always strike the enemies just like a regular attack. If successful, you're dealing 2x 2.5x the physical damage. If it's un successful, you're just dealing the same amount as a normal attack. Let's hope you don't miss both.

--Equip Luck Materia for a better chance! =]

========

2. Added Status + (Transform or Poison or Seal or Mystify) : Depending on what materia you chose to go with the Added Status Materia, your enemies will be receiving abnormal status effects when they get attacked.

3. Elemental + ( Ice or Fire or Lightning or Earth) : Depending on which of these materias you chose to go with the Elemental Materia, You'll be dealing damage with the elemental effect. (IE: If you're fighting ice enemies, do Elemental + Fire. or if you're fighting Water Enemies, do Elemental + Lightning.) You'll be dealing up to 1.5x - 2X amount of damage if you're using the Elemental for the weapon slots. It's a different story for Armor slots. ( IE: If you are fighting an enemy that inflicts heavy fire damage, equip Elemental + Fire to your armor slot. It'll nullify 25%-50% of the damage done to you.

========

4. 4x-Cut + Added Cut : Later on in the game when you get the 4x cut Materia , you can do 4x-Cut + Added Cut for 5 cuts. This will deal 5x ammount of damage compared to the normal regular attack.

========

I think you know how to use ALL =]

destruction7
9th Apr 2013, 17:16
You all use so much materia!

huzyb
6th May 2013, 06:35
ok. i have just achieved the achievement.

1) i did as Clayton mentioned above. got all the materia mastered.

2) all your mastered materia required should not be equipped before that last battle to get the achievement

3) the last one i required was shadow flare enemy skill, so i attacked the Dragon Zombie. did laser, he did shadow flare. killed him then got the achievement.

4) i also had master summon, magic and command from the kalm traveler.

DanClo1
6th Jun 2013, 18:22
I recently downloaded Final Fantasy VII to my laptop and I seem to be experiencing some issues increasing the level of my materia.

For example: my fire materia is at level 1 and requires 896 AP points to increase to fire 2, but it says my current AP points are 1104!
My fire materia should be at level 2 but is still at level one even though I seem to have enough AP points.

I have noticed this with multiple other materia where I have exceeded the stated amount to increase in level. Has anyone had this problem as well? If so what did you do to fix this issue?

samurian
10th Jun 2013, 02:35
here is whats up, your fire materia needs eight hundred ninety six more ap to level for a total of two thousand ap. sorry about the no caps and long hand numbers, my phone function keys dont work right for this forum.

Cryfox23
10th Jul 2014, 14:57
Bonjour

j'adore ce jeu mais la je galère avec la gestion de l'equipe et des matéria la touche [CHANGER]
ne marche pas
j'ai essayé de changer la config et toujours rien

quelqu'un peut m'aider ????