PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix is not listening

Glennster5150
27th Dec 2018, 09:05
Hi this is my first post

I had to make this post because SOTTR is unplayable for me

The error i have is DXGI HUNG DRIVER ERROR

There is a 20 PAGE article on steam about this issue WITH ZERO RESPONSE you square enix are doing a lousy job the least you could do is respond 20 pages and no answer in my opinion just shows that you could care less

I spent 60 dollars on the main game then all the dlc it adds up really quick

So i cannot play the game longer than ten minutes and then it crashes so i called 1 (858) 790-7529 your customer service center and that is local for me here in san diego i explained my issue i was then instructed to submit a dxdiag report to square enix via email i did so your stupid response was to download new drivers from nvidia that happened to come out the following day and still did not solve the issue.

I just want to play the game i paid for as it stands it is unplayable also i would like to mention that i am not happy
because i bought this title exclusively because it said it would offer raytracing and dlss For my rtx 2080ti and it still has not been delivered

If i have to I am very resourceful will drive down to the offices of square enix Customer service located here in san diego with a BULLHORN and walk into your office and vocally explain my issue through the bull horn i am pretty sure that i will get a response.

Metalrocks
27th Dec 2018, 13:02
i have read a lot on the steam forum about issues. and every time it is from people with nvidia cards. many suggested to switch back to the previous drivers of your card and even revert back to the previous version of the game and disable dx12.
if you have not tried any of these, maybe these will. otherwise, your anger is understandable.

i personally play with a amd card and never had an issue with the game since day 1.

Frag_Maniac
14th Jan 2019, 01:13
i have read a lot on the steam forum about issues. and every time it is from people with nvidia cards. many suggested to switch back to the previous drivers of your card and even revert back to the previous version of the game and disable dx12.
if you have not tried any of these, maybe these will. otherwise, your anger is understandable.

i personally play with a amd card and never had an issue with the game since day 1.
I'm on an EVGA 1080 SC, and don't have the problems OP mentions, though I'm using an older non RTX driver (399.24).

The reason I'm using an older driver has nothing to do with SotTR though. I was making a video guide for Ghost Recon Wildlands, and after installing the RTX drivers and a new Samsung NVMe drive (970 EVO), I started seeing multi color artifacts extending from the edge of some objects as I'd pass by them. It was not visible in game, just in ShadowPlay Instant Replay playbacks.

Then I read that the then latest RTX driver was causing brightness and contrast issues not just in games, but also desktop. I DLed it and confirmed it took 5 clicks on brightness and contrast two different directions to alleviate it. That's when I said enough is enough with these RTX drivers and rolled back to 399.24, which doesn't have this problem.

They may have fixed it by now, but Nvidia are horrible at responding on their GeForce forums, and may or may not admit it was fixed months later in their driver release notes. Don't count on them being transparent about RTX problems and fixes though, because they've clearly been trying to hard sell it on nothing but hype and broken promises since it was first announced.