PDA

View Full Version : Raising Blocks and elevators how do they work?

Mushroom
8th Dec 2002, 01:06
G'day mates,

How do I get the Raising blocks to go up and down?or do they only go one way? I m trying to make an Elevator type thingie.

I cant seem to find much info on them, only 2 OCB setting's, 1 and 2, but I am not sure if these ones are entered in the Box or pushed in the buttons?

Or is it just as easy to Flip a room? Or use the lara Start position things, like I read in Ales post?

Or can I use the lift object out of TR3 Thames Wharf level?

Thanx in advance
Shroom

Collin
8th Dec 2002, 08:17
There is a problem with the raising blocks but maybe you can fix it with WADmerger or something..... When Lara stands on them when they are activated, she immediately goes to the top of the block (i.e. 4 clicks up), while the block is still raising..... So you'll have to work this problem out before you try to get this elevator thingy to work, or it would look really weird (Lara at the top of the elevator and the lift is still raising :D).....
Why don't you use cornchild's or Ale's elevator?

About the ocb's: ocb' are always numbers entered in the text box, the push buttons are for triggering purposes.... And I don't know if they go up and down, or that they always stay up when triggered.... Try it out with an antitrigger...
And the Lara position thingies..... I thought you could only use them between levels but not in the same level..... But I could be wrong of course.....
Don't know about the TR3 object....

Mushroom
8th Dec 2002, 10:31
Thx Colin,

I downloaded Ale's project and wad and am On my way to have a look Right now :)

Shroom

GeckoKid
8th Dec 2002, 11:20
collin - you are wrong for the last one. ;)

anyway, you can use the raising sand object in settomb, remesh it into something you like :) but it will be a very very slow lift.

Collin
8th Dec 2002, 11:48
Do you mean you can use LSP's in the same level? Cool! :cool:
So you could mimic Star Trek and the like? Is there a level out there with this kind of thing, 'cause I kinda remember someone asking about transporting a while back...... :confused:

And about the 'set tomb' object.... Did anyone figure out how to make it go back down after going up? :confused:

GeckoKid
8th Dec 2002, 11:53
yup you can teleport lara on the same level wherever you want... i tried this 1 and a half year ago so don't ask me how :P

but if you remember there was a guy called serpantooth (or similar spelling) and he made a mud tutorial, something else, and a level jumping demo, which shows if lara keeps running forwards she keeps running on the same track coz the end of the track is a finish trigger and starts back at the start of the same level.

Ale
8th Dec 2002, 12:06
Originally posted by GeckoKid
...you can use the raising sand object in settomb, remesh it into something you like but it will be a very very slow lift.
... and a lift which never goes down, unless somebody find the magic OCB code do do it. :)
Unfortunatly, neither raising sand object, nor raising bloc object use animations, so, no way to modify them. :(

Ale
8th Dec 2002, 12:11
Originally posted by Collin
Do you mean you can use LSP's in the same level...
This is what I did in my elevator Collin : You can have a look THERE (http://alainlecomte.free.fr/Smart_Lift.zip) :)

disco-fever
8th Dec 2002, 14:48
If you want to make an elevator like in trc, then you need the doors from the train in the desert railroad because they open like elevator doors, and then you need some flyby cameras and a flip map effect

Collin
8th Dec 2002, 17:53
Thanks for the info guys!!

cornchild
8th Dec 2002, 20:51
I made a tutorial to create an elevator. If you want a more advanced one that shows the lift moving up and can be used both ways than I suggest you check out tomo's you can find it on his site. I like the way his is setup to show the elevator moving like a cutscene of it going up.

Also about those train doors you can find them in my space base level retextured to resemble the vci elevator doors.

Mushroom
9th Dec 2002, 07:19
Thanx alot mates,

I dont know where to start now :)

Cheers
Shroom