PDA

View Full Version : TR 2 on windows xp help

jovian
7th Dec 2002, 15:43
Hey everyone,

I just have a new computer and have installed the TR2 but can't acces the second level (venise) I got an error message?
Does anyone can help me please?
What do I have to do?

thanks in advance

Polar_Andromeda
7th Dec 2002, 20:35
Let's see.... I had that same problem, so what I did was to download a patch for TR2 from the Croft Times: http://ctimes.dnsalias.com/download/patches Hope it helps. :)
Oh, and if it doesn't work there, just do a search for a TR2 patch for win xp or go to Stella's site and look in the downloads section: http://tombraiders.net/stella/downloads.html

jovian
7th Dec 2002, 21:11
hey thanhks for your reply but it is not working :(

Collin
8th Dec 2002, 07:48
There is a troubleshooting guide at Theresa's (http://web.archive.org/web/20010208163218/http://www.tombraiders.com/tr2/PCTroubleshooting.htm) for TR2. Maybe this can solve your problem.....

jovian
8th Dec 2002, 10:45
Originally posted by jovian
hey thanhks for your reply but it is not working :(

Sorry but on this site the links don't work I got page not found :(

tombraider123123
9th Dec 2002, 23:15
hey man I have the same problems, yet venice is the one of 3 levels that only work.. it's weird!

jovian
10th Dec 2002, 11:22
Originally posted by jovian
Sorry but on this site the links don't work I got page not found :(

yes thanks i have checked them.

i finally can play the levels i went on programs files on the tomb raider icon and selected properties then thre is an option where we can choose wich kind of program we can use.

The Gamester
23rd Dec 2002, 19:21
What OS are you running? What is your computer's size, speed and memory capcity? Had you tried downloading drivers from the Eidos web site? Check the disk for defects? I ran TR2 on my Windows ME machine and I didn't had any problems. It won't work on XP unfortunately. :o

DaveJ
23rd Dec 2002, 19:28
TR2 was said to be the one game in the series that didn't need patching under XP.

Hey ho.

No problems here at all with it. But not everyone with XP has the same story...on my old PC -also running XP - I couldn't get any of the TR games to work.
So far they all work fine on this new one....unpatched too.

Elvin Presler
24th Dec 2002, 08:44
NO PATCHES NEEDED!

Just right click on the SHORTCUT you use to start the game. Select Properties, then Compatibility, and run in Windows 98 compatibility mode. If you don't have compatibility mode, update your Windows XP.

GoranAgar
24th Dec 2002, 08:51
Originally posted by Elvin Presler
Just right click on the SHORTCUT you use to start the game. Select Properties, then Compatibility, and run in Windows 98 compatibility mode.
It works with the shortcut as well? I thought you have to do it with the .exe file.

L Croft
24th Dec 2002, 10:05
Originally posted by GoranAgar
It works with the shortcut as well? I thought you have to do it with the .exe file.
It works fine with the shortcut that is how I have always done it.

Elvin Presler
24th Dec 2002, 19:45
Yep, I have seen some EXE's that "compatibility" does not even show up for, but the shortcut did. Also, one of the TR games (forgot which) did not work unless I set the compatibility mode on the shortcut, not the exe. It may depend on your exact configuration and which updates have been done etc. I'm not sure.....you know how Windows is, once you think you know it, you see it on someone elses computer and it's different for no apparent reason.

Do whatever works for you I guess.

DaveJ
25th Dec 2002, 10:06
The compatability mode gig didn't work on my old PC either...and I don't need it on this new one.
Depends on what else is in your PC besides XP, I guess.

V_Croft
25th Dec 2002, 14:33
I had the same problem with TR2 in the past. Just run it in Compatibility mode and it'll be fine.
BTW, I selected the Compatibility on the .exe.

honeysuckle
3rd Jan 2003, 14:35
Hey eveyone,
I'm new here and need your help!

I'm STUCK!!!

I have the first tomb raider chronicles game and i'm stuck in trojan's markets, iv also been playin the demo version that comes with the film dvd. The point in trojans markets where i am stuck, i will try and describe 4 u. Iv killed the green eyed monster who has a thing for electricity, he was tricky to get past first cpl of times! and iv found one secret, iv climbed up the wall and pulled the cords on either side, just if anyone knows wat i'm supposed to do now i would b really thankful of your help. Please help me cos its doin my nut in! :confused: :confused:

V_Croft
3rd Jan 2003, 20:11
Hey, welcome to the forums!

And to answer your question:
See that round floor square? It's a trapdoor. Go next to it and press the action button. It will reveal a ladder going down...

And BTW, if you need help again it will be better to post a new thread so that more people will be able to help you ;)

honeysuckle
4th Jan 2003, 21:58
Thanx very much for the warm welcome and helpful hints :)