PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who are fond of Lego

mrdefender
7th Dec 2002, 06:06
:)

This site has lots of Lego models/art, Like a regular size R2D2 made entirely of lego (excluding what the model is sitting on (table)): http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/

For the Star Wars Fan, Episode 4,5 & 6 Lego comic book/strip:
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mbsf/sworde.htm

Create your own lego person/human/thingy:
http://www.reasonablyclever.com/

This is amazing!

I remember when I was yong, I was very fond of Lego. (well. I was fond of lego until I was sick and got my computer, I then replaced my table full of Lego stuff with a "high tech" computer (it was 3 years ago. so u can guess how "high tech" it is now :D)).

There was like expositions at our local mall. People who made huge models out of lego (Like R2D2) and they made an x-wing.

You gotta check it out!!!

Here's how to make it "glitter" in wow-ness. Take a look at the models then take into account its made out of lego. :)

The Knight, Wedding Cake, "Suicide King" is just too amazing! (its a HUGE king of hearts card.

Rook
7th Dec 2002, 11:24
OMG! Those links are toooooo cool!! And you have no idea how long I've spent making my own little Lego people! That's fantastic!

Thanks for posting the links, Defender!:D :cool:

mrdefender
7th Dec 2002, 17:25
anytime :)

I was shocked by the Lego Models. Especially the MonoLisa-Lego.

Rook
8th Dec 2002, 00:24
I know, the Mona Lisa one is amazing! :eek:

And you just know I had to do it...:D
http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Miscellaneous/LegoSpidey.jpg

mrdefender
8th Dec 2002, 00:45
lol. I did it too :)

Rook
8th Dec 2002, 02:17
Oh, but that's not all...

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Miscellaneous/LegoJanos2.jpg

Behold the ancient vampire Lego Janos!!

I might just have to post this one in the LoK forum next.

:D

mrdefender
8th Dec 2002, 03:18
:) Glad u enjoyed the links :)

Im still looking thru the models. did u c bart simpson?

Rook
8th Dec 2002, 05:12
LOL Yep, I saw that one. And the Grandfather Clock. That guy is amazing! :eek: :cool:

mrdefender
8th Dec 2002, 21:03
the desk scared me. I liked the knight :)

its like a super size lego man. :D

Rook
9th Dec 2002, 00:25
Ooh, I love the knight. I want one of those! (I'm a Medieval/Renaissance "stuff" collector, after all.:D)

I want to go back to the store and get one of those Lego models for building a castle now...:)

mrdefender
9th Dec 2002, 06:05

I never really followed the plans for stuff. (except for the ppl.. duh.)

I mostly put stuff together.

U shouldve seen my ship :)

I made it so i could remove 2 blocks and it would turn into a smaller ship.

I also added wheels (@ one time) and had a gizmo that I could throw at something and the ship (well. i guess its a car if it has wheels) that u could swing around (lets say, the bottom of a chair), would stick on and would make the car turn :)

Like in em. I think its the first Michael Keaton Batman (with Joker).

That was just too cool :)

turns off his age decreaser

Rook
9th Dec 2002, 07:48
:eek: That sounds cool! :eek:

Do you still have all your Legos?

I never really had any of the big castle or spaceship building Lego kits or anything like that. I always ended up with the little ones. That's probably for the best, since I would have likely lost most of the pieces to bigger sets one way or another. :o :)

mrdefender
9th Dec 2002, 16:24
no, i dont have em anymore. I gave it to Cheo (the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario).

I wouldve probobly kept em but it wouldve been more of a decorative feature than a "toy". I didnt have the room for it either (since my computer was big and my comp desk was big and i needed to place the printer somewhere.

Rook
10th Dec 2002, 11:00
I don't have any of my Lego kits either. God only knows where they went. I almost feel like going out and getting one of those castle or pirate ship kits just for the fun of it but, like you, I probably wouldn't have anywhere to put it.:(

mrdefender
10th Dec 2002, 20:07
Oh, i have room for it, its just a high trafic area for my 3 cats :)

and the pieces are so small, i keep freaking out that they could eat em and choke. :(

I was freaking when we moved in here. I thought we have a balcony (and thus, freaked out if i wasnt careful, theyd probobly fall off...) but we dont so thats not that bad...

But 2 of our cats are sneaky. Everytime we get home, one of em is waiting at the door trying to run away into the hall..

So im thinking, if an elevator arrives.. the cats would go in and boom... gone...

and my dad and I arent exactly in the best physical shape to run after our cats. I cant run cause my muscles are dead cause of chemo and my dad hurt his knee and is awaiting surgery sometime next year (remember.. next year is in less than a month :)).

I remember when my physiotherapist asked me to run for her (so she could eval me i guess). It was the same day I started my anti-coagulant. I fell down, got a nasty carpet burn. got those wierd bandages (its like a piece of cloth thing) then I went to see the doctor who said to keep it easy when I'm on this med, try to avoid bleeding situations...

I'm like.. Now she tells me... sigh... :D

Rook
11th Dec 2002, 09:14
I don't have any cats (or any pets at all). I just don't have enough flat surfaces in my house to display Lego models (or anything else). They've all got piles of stuff all over them, and whenever I try to organize it, I inevitably end up losing track of all the stuff I really need. The only thing that isn't quite as cluttered as the rest of my room is right now, is my display stand for my action figures, candlesticks, videos, etc. Of course, if I tried to put anything else on it, it would look just as bad as the rest of my room... :o

mrdefender
11th Dec 2002, 21:34
its that much of a mess? :eek:

wow. and u can actually find the stuff better that way???

Geeze. Call the guiness book of records. You dont hear that often. (finding stuff quicker in a mess than in a neat enviroment)

<----- I want my 1K posts back :( I look like a dweeb. under 20 posts since july :D

I sent a pm to the Grey Mouser leader guy-person thingy

Hey!!! It says (if u click on my name u get my info thing) that I registered this month but on here, below my name, it says july...

Rook
12th Dec 2002, 08:35
Well, at least your register date seems to match up now, but the post counts are still off. Weird... :confused:

mrdefender
12th Dec 2002, 18:30
Yah. This xcom guy says its only us posting.

I checked on most of the other forums and its mostly 2-3 people having conversations. So why are we the only one's being played with?

Its not our fault people aren't interested in these conversations.

And this forum is to talk about anything.

I dont see the problem. We're just posting every day compared to every month. Maybe we're having too much fun? (god forbid..)

Rook
12th Dec 2002, 19:35
No kidding. If we weren't posting, there wouldn't be much of anything going on here. And I had hoped that a few new posters might come around here (or some of the vets would come back a bit more often :p), but alas that has not been so...

Like I said in the other thread, it just nice to know why it was all screwed up. I kind of figured things had been played with, but when you mentioned something about your register date being goofed up, I really thought the forums had gone goofy.

Guess I was right... :rolleyes: :)

mrdefender
12th Dec 2002, 20:13
I'm looking for a forum service where u can make ur own free forums. So that community chat would allow chatting :)

Then again, its false advertising for this forum! Where's customer service when u need it :D

And yes, its nice to know we havent gone into the twilight zone ;)

Rook
13th Dec 2002, 08:43
Originally posted by mrdefender

And yes, its nice to know we havent gone into the twilight zone ;)
Are you kidding? I live there! ;) :D

How about the Lego Stegosaurus?:eek:

http://www.lego.com/build/images/artoflego/img400x300artoflego_07.jpg

Too cool!

Let me know if you find another forum service, ay?:D

mrdefender
13th Dec 2002, 17:24
found one. Actually, its one of my clan that they had a new forum for over 2 years now but I cant "deactivate" the forums on this service. So i just modified it.

Its one of those "we'll never ask you to pay and we'll never put banners" boards that have loads of banners an pop-up windows and the only way to get rid of em is to pay like 5 dollars for 1 or the admin can pay 30 for them to be removed for every one who visits it.

Dunno, but im not paying to remove these damn banners. Its too expensive.

http://defforum.cjb.net/

Rook
14th Dec 2002, 08:08
I actually post on a bunch of other forum sites, but this one is pretty much the one I come to most often.

Wow! That link does have a bunch of pop-ups! :eek:

mrdefender
14th Dec 2002, 16:49
I know. I could handle the banners. but Its frustrating to be typing a post then a window pops up and takes over the screen.

By takeover; You know what the window looks like when uve got it "selected", the popups make the current window unselected and the popup window gets selected so u gotta switch to the other one.

Rook
14th Dec 2002, 21:52
The Gamewinners forums are a lot like that. It throws a bunch of pop-ups at you every time you go to a different page. And if you're trying to post on the forums and you kill off too many of the pop-ups while you're trying to type a post, the forum will actually log you out. Then when you go to submit your post, it'll ask you to login again. Meanwhile, whatever you had typed up in the post is lost. It's infuriating! :mad:

That's why I'm not there often... :D

mrdefender
15th Dec 2002, 03:10
My ISP's forums are the same way. As soon as I leave IE, i need to login again. (but theres no popups.. well.. a java script popup when i click on something i need to be logged in for, and it asks to login.)

Its annoying, but i dont use those forums often. I used em for my comments on HP2, DAD and Nemesis.

Rook
16th Dec 2002, 06:53
I like to jockey back and forth to various forums once in awhile, myself. I'm either here or on Gamewinners (not often coz of the pop-ups and login headaches), Game Revolution, Gamepro, or any one of a bunch of others. I don't really play enough new games constantly to have a reason to hang out at other forums very often, though. I'm mainly an Eidos forums creeper.:D

mrdefender
16th Dec 2002, 17:35
The thing with ezboard, u can pay to remove the ads. (adds?)

Payment 1) Pay some small ammount (monthly i think) and ull get no banners on any forums (for urself only, ofcourse)

Payment 2) Pay a rediculous ammount (tri-monthly (3 months) and u'll wont have the banners on ur fourm.

1 is for individuals (only you dont see the banners)
2 is for a forum/board. Anyone visiting it wont see any banners.

The prices look low but I'd have to pay in canadian dollars.

So like (for example) the 30$ per tri-month (10$/month) would actually cost me around 50$-60$..

I could get a new game for that price.

There's also a "treasure box" feature where visitors can donate $$ to the admin (well.. to his forums.. i think).

But then the question is, how bad do u want the banners to go away? enough to take your family out to dinner?

Rook
17th Dec 2002, 07:11
I'll take dinner and just live with the banners. :D

mrdefender
17th Dec 2002, 20:23
Ok. Who should I call for delievery?

Pizza Hut? St-Hubert? KFC? :)

Rook
17th Dec 2002, 20:32
I would say Papa John's, but ever since they changed their jalapeno cheese sauce brand, I've lost my taste for their pizza altogether. :(

Pizza Hut sounds good to me!:D

mrdefender
17th Dec 2002, 20:37
Oh! you're still here :)

Pizza hut it is.

looks for the phone number for pizza hut delivery

points his browser to pizzahut.com

Oooh! I can order online, they'll beam it on the table in 30 minutes or its free :)

Now thats service :)

Heh. Can u imagine if theres fast food in the Star Trek universe. The vastness of places when u have warp :)

Sending subspace signal to Pizza Hut Prime. Em yes, I'd like to place an order for delivery.

Defender, Alpha Centauri Prime, North Hemisphere, Aldea, 123 Jones street :D :D

Rook
17th Dec 2002, 20:55
Well they had the replicators. Those were pretty fast.;)

I'm just trying to imagine what the Pizza Hut of the Star Trek future would look like. I mean, if you choose to have it brought to your door, rather than beamed directly into your dining room, can you imagine what the delivery drivers' ships would look like? LOL :D

mrdefender
17th Dec 2002, 23:18
I imagined the Delta Flyer as a delivery shuttle :)

Its the coolest shuttle of all.

Delta Flyer (ST VOY)
Runnabouts (ST DS9)
Shuttle Pods (ST ENT)
Shuttles (ST TNG)
Shuttles (ST TOS).

The TOS ones are just nasty.

Rook
18th Dec 2002, 00:02
I can imagine the Defiant used for transporting lotza' munchies through potentially hostile space. :D

And yes, the TOS ones were kinda cheese. :o :)

mrdefender
18th Dec 2002, 04:26
I guess they really cant be late :)

They must have a "under 10 minutes" policy or something.

Not to mention the borg trying to get a cheese burger :)

Rook
18th Dec 2002, 04:43
Well, you know, if they're late, the pizza is free. And they don't want to lose all those space bucks.

Oops, wrong show...:o :)

I would've thought the Klingons would be the big pizza eaters. :)

Sir Henry Morgan
18th Dec 2002, 06:00
mmm pizza

any left? :D

Rook
18th Dec 2002, 06:21
Oh yes, plenty! Have as much as you like.:D

http://www.seabear.com/images/hires/pizza.jpg

mrdefender
18th Dec 2002, 18:21
Klingons dont like anything that isnt moving :)

Well.. Except for worf. For some odd reason, he likes Prune Juice.

Tom Paris is the Pizza guy :)

Though Neelix doesnt like to do replicated stuff (like replicate a tomato to use in his recipe or replicate a hole meal). He likes an organic meal.

I think its cause Kes made a hydroponic garden (vegie garden in space) and he didnt want to insult her :)

Rook
19th Dec 2002, 07:42
Klingons dont like anything that isnt moving :)

So we'll make sure the anchovies are still kickin'--but only on part of the pizza. I'm usually a pepperoni only pizza fan anyway. :D

mrdefender
19th Dec 2002, 20:44
Im more into "Combination" pizza (pepperoni, green pepers, mushrooms and green olives)

But my sister hates mushrooms (even though u dont taste em) so we either get a pepperoni pizza or order a 3-topping twins (like 2 large pizzas for the price of 1 1/2 (instead of 2), u can have any toppings on any of the pizzas, but the number of toppins is limited (in this case, to 3))

Rook
20th Dec 2002, 08:07
The most adventurous I'll get with pizza is pepperoni and sausage. Other than that, it's a strict pepperoni thing. There are only certain places that have decent sausage for their pizza anyway.

And I don't really care for mushrooms. There's just something unappetizing about having fungus on my pizza. ;) :D

mrdefender
20th Dec 2002, 19:44
I like the "Canadian Style" @ Pizza hut.

Its like the one you mention. Pepperoni, Sausage and. I think bacon ?? not sure.

I usually take a Chicken Fetuchine (eugh. its a typo :p ) Alfredo with a ceasar salad.

They're CS is "to die for" so to speak.

Rook
21st Dec 2002, 08:14
LOL We just had pizza as a holiday lunch tonight at work. Unfortunately, everybody opted to order Donato's pizza, and I never did like the stuff, so I didn't have any.:(

It was nice of our manager to pay for a big lunch like that, anyway.:)

I wouldn't have minded a Ceasar Salad, though. :o :D

mrdefender
21st Dec 2002, 23:59
Same with me, (well. not Dontato, its Pizza Pizza). I'm not fond of Pizza Pizza Pizza. Em.. Pizza Pizza's Pizza ? :/ eugh.. wierd..

Anyways. Im not fond of their pizza. but I would rather eat their pizza than P&J sandwiches :p

I could go for a Ceaser Salad too :) Maybe a Chicken CS. :)

Rook
22nd Dec 2002, 09:18
Oooh, I wouldn't mind a huge chef salad right about now. :eek: http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/pant.gif

I'll have it in a bowl made of Legos.;)

mrdefender
22nd Dec 2002, 21:21
I'm not fond of Chef's salad (well. im fond of most salads, but I'd take ceaser over Chef.)

Remember the Blocko Land Simspon Episode :)

Ah! Leeches!! :)

The bus looked painful. I'm not even sure how they think cubes can roll...

Rook
24th Dec 2002, 08:13
I think I might've missed that episode...:o What's this about cubes rolling?

And, I still wouldn't mind a big ol' chef salad. ;) I like lotza alfalfa sprouts on mine!:D

And I'm a Thousand Island hound! http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/pant.gif

mrdefender
24th Dec 2002, 20:37
Thats the clear one right? I hate the redish one (color, not radish).

I think its called the "french" dressing. :mad:

It's gross.

I'm fond of Ranch, Ceaser and Italian dressings. (or some combinations that include one of those, Like pepercorn ranch)

Rook
25th Dec 2002, 00:24
Thousand Island is the stuff that is sort of a flesh tone. (Doesn't that make it sound yummy...? :rolleyes: ) It's basically what the "special sauce" they put on Big Macs is made of. I don't care for French dressing, either. I'm usually just a Thousand Island person, though I don't mind Ranch, or even Blue Cheese (until I stop and think that it's basically mold that makes it blue :eek:--gotta love moldy cheese on your salad...;))

mrdefender
25th Dec 2002, 06:50
ew.

We only get Ranch dressing. (as in buy, and not that its the only available one...).

Rook
25th Dec 2002, 09:33
Aww, c'mon. You gotta try the moldy dressing just once...:rolleyes: ;) :D

That would be pretty bad if Ranch was the only dressing there was...:eek: Gotta have my Thousand! :D

I never could figure out what was supposed to be so appealing about oil and vinegar on a salad. Sounds disgusting... :o

mrdefender
26th Dec 2002, 04:29
Its not just Oil and vinigar. It has spices too (maybe not "spices" but herbs stuff).

Its good for garden salads.

Chef salad would require Ranch dressing for me.

Ceaser would require, well... Ceaser dressing :)

Rook
26th Dec 2002, 07:44
Well, I knew the Oil & Vinegar stuff had spices in it, but it still doesn't sound too appealing to me. I'll just stick with my usual. :)

I wonder if low fat Thousand Island could be called Five Hundred Island...? :rolleyes:

Sorry. Couldn't resist adding a lame joke there... ;) :D

mrdefender
27th Dec 2002, 01:09
Its very good.

Makes me think of Fat Albert's "special blend of oils & spices"

you should try it.

Rook
27th Dec 2002, 07:26
Ah well, maybe I'll try it sometime. I still say it doesn't sound to thrilling, though.

Then again, neither does the moldy cheese dressing, and I've survived that stuff just fine.:)

mrdefender
27th Dec 2002, 17:23
Life is short, Live it up. But not too high :)

I actually took cheese during the holidays. But I'm em. Lactose Intollerant? It was good but I payed for it in full that night :)

Rook
27th Dec 2002, 21:10
Yeesh! I've eaten all sorts of junk over the holidays. The only exception is that I didn't bother going to my usual trouble of making 6 different kinds of cookies. I mean, we really didn't have any family gatherings planned, which is what I make all of them for, so I saved myself the trouble of having to eat all of that stuff.:D

mrdefender
27th Dec 2002, 23:17
We ate turkey tuesday. I ate almost nothing at supper on wensday (we were snacking all afternoon waiting for my aunt) and yesterday I got sick.. :/ But I did eat 2 plates (normal sized).

I had turkey, ham on both days (thurs, wens). Had meatballs and pasta salad, Patato salad. Crackers and Paté.

I ate alot less than I ate last year.

Rook
28th Dec 2002, 00:02
We had ham Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And, of course, there was the usual assortment of cheeses, crackers, chips, dips, and lotza' sparkling (non-alcoholic) grape juice. Golly I love that stuff.:D

...Golly I'm hungry now...:o :)

mrdefender
28th Dec 2002, 02:45
Let's see.. what did we have ...

We had the usual crackers, cheese, chips-type snacks (Pretzels, Chips, Cheetos), veggies & dips, paté, Chocolate.

As for meal Wise;
Turkey, Meat Pie, Deviled Eggs, Patato Salad, Pasta Salad, Garden Salad, Ham, Pork, Green Peas, Meatballs. And, obviously, gravy :)

Rook
28th Dec 2002, 03:30
Gonna do it all over again for New Year's?

I probably will do a little something like that, but it's basically just gonna be me at home that night, so I don't really plan to go all-out with a dinner and stuff.

mrdefender
3rd Jan 2003, 23:04
nah. we didnt do anything for new years/eve. I'm not very "excited" about new years.

It was mostly adults getting into the punch and laughing and dancing with loud old music... not what I'd consider fun.

I did do something for 2K and 2001.

Rook
5th Jan 2003, 04:18
I was right! I ended up doing absolutely nothing New Year's Eve. I'm just not a party kinda person.

mrdefender
5th Jan 2003, 05:13
Don't really see what point it is.. it is just another number on a calender.. :confused:

I guess some people like to celebrate it. Dont mind. Its another party :)

I just hate staying up late with loud music and the smell of cigarets and beer.

Rook
5th Jan 2003, 07:50
True. I'm no big fan of any of those things myself. I mean, I can stand the music to a certain extent, but the cigarettes and beer thing just isn't going to happen. Blech!! :o

mrdefender
5th Jan 2003, 08:19
I'm allergic to cigaretts (the smoke.. I'm asmathic.. em.. asthmatic? ... you know..). That and I already had cancer once, I'm in no hurry to experience it a 2nd time :)

As for the music, as long as it has a good beat/rythm..

and aslong as it aint the duck dance. (I think its called the chicken dance in english.. the dance where your hands are in your armpits and you try to "flap your wings").

If it is, interesting on how duck in french means chicken in english :)

(duck in french is Canard and chicken in french is Poule.. if you wanted to know... :rolleyes: )

Rook
6th Jan 2003, 02:42
I just don't care for the smell of cigarettes or beer in any case. It's just not appealing stuff. http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/yucky.gif

mrdefender
6th Jan 2003, 05:01
The smell of something determines if we like it or not. :)

If you were to smell.. i dunno.. fish, and it stank (past tense of stink?) then ud mostlikely hate it.

(I hate fish.. seafood in general.. never tried all of em but tried fish, got sick, vowed to never try anything like it again.)

Our sense of smell determines the taste. Thats why parents tell their kids to block their noses while taking cough medicine. (it still tastes gross cause the smell isnt blocked 100%..).

Learned that in the Biology course I finished in a week :)

Rook
6th Jan 2003, 07:57
LOL I guess that's why I don't like seafood either. I can't eat anything that doesn't smell decent when it's cooking, and fish most certainly doesn't--shrimp is even worse!

The very thought calls for at least three gag smileys. http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/yucky.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/yucky.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/yucky.gif

mrdefender
7th Jan 2003, 04:14
Well. For me its different. Chemo did wackers with my senses. Somethings I cant stand the smell when its cooking, but I eat it. Like roast beef in the crockpot. It stinks when it cooks (for me anyways) but its good when I eat it.