PDA

View Full Version : BO1 - Getting to Malak's Bastion

Omega One
7th Dec 2002, 00:38
Grrr... arrgh!

I'm stuck. I've activated te bat-remembering place (its late, haven't slept in over 48 hours) above Kain's hometown now where? I've seen Malak's place... but I don't know how exactly to get to it!

Any hints appriciated!

TempySmurf
7th Dec 2002, 01:40
Take the road overland to the north. Activate the bat beacon then step on the bat triangle to activate Malek's bastion. After that you can fly to Malek's at any time. Convert to bat form and fly to Malek's Bastion. You can also fly somewhere and save first if you like.

Walkthrough (http://science.csustan.edu/JTB/GAMES/KAIN/NEW-KAIN/Kain-Blood-Omen-walk.htm)

Although I think I remember thinking the same thing at one point .. when you're on the map remember that left and right select different things than up and down. Like one is beacons and the other is places or something like that.

Wise Man Domingo
13th Dec 2002, 17:47
You must fly to Malek's Bastion in Bat Form. There is no other way. Malek's Bastion is the only location you cannot reach on foot.

Oh, and beware. You won't have much food up there, as Malek's cronies are all suits of armor, like him.

I'd pack about twenty of those Hearts of Darkness if I were you...

(Edit) And remember, any Visual Vista Points with Bat Form symbols in the upper corner signify that you can now fly to that location in Bat Form at any time.

Anubis_Orr
13th Dec 2002, 17:59
I'd pack about twenty of those Hearts of Darkness if I were you...

LOL, what are you doing when you play? Trying to walk through spikes and axes?? Last time I played through I only used the HoD once (my shield wore off just as that bloodied William was swinging his Soul Reaver)

Umah Bloodomen
13th Dec 2002, 18:02
Originally posted by Anubis_Orr
LOL, what are you doing when you play? Trying to walk through spikes and axes?? Last time I played through I only used the HoD once (my shield wore off just as that bloodied William was swinging his Soul Reaver)

Priceless!

Wise Man Domingo
18th Dec 2002, 17:30
...actually, I just spend a lot of time exploring. (I'm a completionist :) )

That and I get hit by those darned Sarafan Wraiths...

And the occasional Axe-Sword-Spikepit pinball combo... that happened a few times.

(edit) And just to point out, the only enemy who actually managed to kill me was Hash'ak'gik (he popped out of the ground below me!!!) when I had run out of HoDs. I usually use Janos' many hearts while still living and breathing so as to increase health gain.