PDA

View Full Version : about download of TRLE

Luc [TRO]
4th Dec 2002, 23:47
My question is :

I recently hear that the distribution of the level editor files is now allowed by Eidos, is that wrong or not ?

Can i make the content of the CD available for download on my site with none problem ?

thanks in advance ...

Chronicles5
4th Dec 2002, 23:59
Yeah thats true, although we still are not allowed to edit or modify the tomb4.exe we are allowed to post the level editor files up for download. :)

daniel
5th Dec 2002, 14:46
Hi,
it´s not completely legal. Although Eidos UK (or was it Eidos form USA?) agreed with that and core design did so, too, it isn´t legal in all countries. For example, Eidos Germany doesn´t allow a free download of the TRLE. :mad:

TrueRaider
5th Dec 2002, 19:42
Originally posted by Daniel
Hi,
it´s not completely legal. Although Eidos UK (or was it Eidos form USA?) agreed with that and core design did so, too, it isn´t legal in all countries. For example, Eidos Germany doesn´t allow a free download of the TRLE. :mad:

Yes they do, the company made it legal everywhere. Besides, what's stopping somebody in Germany downloading it from an American or British site.

daniel
5th Dec 2002, 21:00
Hi true raider,
someone from the levelbase forum has sent an e-mail to Eidos Germany to make himself sure that a download of the TRLE is completely legal. The answer was that they did not even know about such a permission. Though they got the response from Core Design they said that it´s the publicers decision if a DL in a country is legal or not.
However, it was not me who sent this mail and I can´t remember who has done that. But well, I have bought the TRLE...

Luc [TRO]
7th Dec 2002, 16:34
I had also contact with Eidos France about this fact , and they are not informed about that autorisation of Eidos USA or Core Design.

They say that is not legal to make a full TRLE or parts of this available on NET in France. My site is hosted in USA but i don' t want any problems with the copyright .

You can only share the custom levels and buy TR5 to enjoy of the level editor .

Data
7th Dec 2002, 17:18
Core Design did indeed give their permission to host and download free of charge the Tomb Raider Level Editor.

I understand that there has been some confusion about the legality of downloading from some countries, well this may be true, however the level editor complete with Tomb Raider Chronicles costs as little as £12.99 here in the UK and I am sure that it is also available eleswhere at a reasonable price (Amazon for one), so I do not see the reasoning behind this debate; I for one would rather have a CD rom version for a few pounds and not have to wait for lengthy slow downloads.

TrueRaider
7th Dec 2002, 20:54
You can get it for £6.99 in Game in Leeds ;)

GeckoKid
7th Dec 2002, 21:27
really? in nottingham it costs more than 4.....