PDA

View Full Version : PIANO OPERA FINAL FANTASY I/II/III & IV/V/VI Discussion

member_10822883
5th Jun 2012, 12:15
Has anyone picked these up? Physical copies are Japan-exclusive as usual, but digital versions are on at least the US iTunes.

I bought both of the physical versions; they come in a nice sleeve and have interviews and screen shots from their respective titles. As for the actual sound content, I think they're really nice. I know a lot of people didn't think the IV/V/VI album was necessary, but most of those arrangements are definite improvements over the Piano Collections released in the 90s. Honestly, I'd love to see them do one for VII/VIII/IX, or better yet, a Vol. 2 for I/II/III since we never got Piano Collections for those originally or one for XII, which hasn't gotten any piano treatment.

8th Jun 2012, 13:26
I've listened to the first album and while is was very, very nice, I'm less familiar with those songs so nothing really stuck out for me. Haven't listened to IV/V/VI yet, but I'm really looking forward to a possible VII/VIII/IX. That'll be fantastic.

member_10822883
9th Jun 2012, 14:44
I-III is better than the IV-VI album, but this admittedly has to do with there already being separate piano collections for IV, V, and VI. The new arrangement of "Dancing Mad" is pretty notable in that it's the first rearranged recording that utilizes "Omen" before the final movement like on the OSV.

10th Jun 2012, 01:32
RPGFan did a review of PIANO OPERA FINAL FANTASY IV/V/VI as well, which I thought it was an interesting read. Here's a link if anyone would like it:

www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/ff-piano456/ (http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/ff-piano456/)

member_10822883
10th Jun 2012, 12:54
Thanks for the link. I think he nailed it.

Grimoire
11th Jun 2012, 02:58
Concert: member.square-enix.com/jp/special/ff4-6/... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/special/ff4-6/piano/)

member_10529266
13th Jun 2012, 01:28
final fantasy opera IV-V-VI was amazing. it contains what i think is the best arrangement of "ahead on our way" from final fantasy V if thats the correct title.... also the new arrengement of "troian beauty" was amazing but "theme of love" was not as sweet as it was on the piano collections.

member_10822883
13th Jun 2012, 02:36
Interesting. Troian Beauty's new arrangement doesn't do anything for me that the song itself didn't do before, but this is the first recording of Theme of Love that's really wowed me.

Re: "Ahead on Our Way" - This is the English title Uematsu gave it for Dear Friends and Piano Collections FINAL FANTASY V, but its original, Japanese title is "Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY V"

member_10529266
16th Jun 2012, 16:53
mmm thanks for the info about main theme of final fantasy V i Was already confused because theres a piece called the same (ahead on our way) in the final fantasy VII piano collections.