PDA

View Full Version : Ugly but new AOD screenshots

Alias
4th Dec 2002, 19:27
There new alright, but YUCK! that looks down right....Eww!

http://www.51cd.com/lara/tr6/20021121_ects2002_demo_4_jp_10.jpg

http://www.51cd.com/lara/tr6/20021121_ects2002_demo_4_jp_11.jpg

http://www.51cd.com/lara/tr6/20021121_ects2002_demo_4_jp_08.jpg

The bottom one looks good but the rest...

________
Alias 56

DaveJ
4th Dec 2002, 19:39
Uh oh....where are my crayons?

THE True Lara
4th Dec 2002, 19:58
Will these do?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rsid/crayons.jpg

TombRaiderChik
4th Dec 2002, 20:59
I GOT URE NOSE!!

DKSM
4th Dec 2002, 22:00
Yeah, these stink. The movie is at:
www.laracroftonline.com

The one thing I hate is how big the box with the text is. Takes up too much space. That is besides the fact that Lara has no nose.

Prelude
4th Dec 2002, 22:42
How does she smell?

(I'm expecting an answer here don't let me down)

DKSM
4th Dec 2002, 22:43
Originally posted by Prelude
How does she smell?

I didn't think you wanted me to get banned. :p

TombRaiderChik
4th Dec 2002, 23:39
are those screenshots of TR: AoD on the pc or ps2? becuase, or at least i think, that there is a big difference between graphics in them.

Rusty_DK
5th Dec 2002, 01:46
don't ask me how any of you can be complaining of the graphics...of course they look crap. The video from which these pics were taken from are obviously shot from a video camera, hence why the graphics look poor

total_inferno
5th Dec 2002, 02:09
this is just another reason the game needed 3 more months;)

markmi123
5th Dec 2002, 02:45
Originally posted by Rusty_DK
...shot from a video camera, hence why the graphics look poor
That and the fact that the video camera is in low resolution tells us why we don't need to see any "new" screenshots taken from a low-resolution video camera!

Lara Croft Online
5th Dec 2002, 03:18
That was a demo remember so it's possible that the nose was
still in development at the time :D

Netslider
5th Dec 2002, 15:18
From those pics it looks like the game uses cell-shading.

Prelude
5th Dec 2002, 19:28
Originally posted by DKSM
I didn't think you wanted me to get banned. :p

:eek: she smells that bad huh!!

Godfather
5th Dec 2002, 20:20
How does she smell?

Awful. How's that for an answer? :D

Lara's Soul
6th Dec 2002, 01:43
How does she smell?

Like she thinks without brain since we can't see it. ;)

Actually Lara has nose but we can't see it because of the terrible quality of the picture. The same thing happens here. In the first picture Lara doesn't seem to have nose and not even eyes. That doesn't mean the game is bad but just the first picture has bad quality and resoloution.

http://www.geocities.com/larasstar/bq.txt http://www.geocities.com/larasstar/gq.txt

MountainDewNut
6th Dec 2002, 01:45
Originally posted by Lara Croft Online
That was a demo remember so it's possible that the nose was
still in development at the time :D

LOL!
The first thing I thought when I saw the first pic was, where's her nose?!

Alias
6th Dec 2002, 01:48
She left it at home.... that's were it is :p

_________
Alias 56

Mgardiner
6th Dec 2002, 04:41
LoL The game looks Cell-Shaded in these pictures..yuck...thank god they are VERY low quality. Taken right from one of them bad movies.

tommyc_27
6th Dec 2002, 16:01
Is it me, or have the designers decided to make a change, not to the game, but to Lara... by stealing her nose! Where is it? Did it grow a pimple and she needs to hide it under a mound of make-up? I dunno...:confused:

Godfather
7th Dec 2002, 01:00
Hey, maybe she should check with Michael Jackson! For all I know, he could still have a nose or two somewhere left in the drawer! :D

DKSM
7th Dec 2002, 02:55
I decided to fix the first one up to make it look a bit better. What do ya think? (It only took me 5 minutes ;)) I added some shadow and made it smoother, plus you can read the text a bit better too.

http://dksm.homestead.com/files/fixed.jpg

FoxyKat
7th Dec 2002, 03:47
Originally posted by Godfather
Hey, maybe she should check with Michael Jackson! For all I know, he could still have a nose or two somewhere left in the drawer! :D

I was thinking the exact same thing!

The picture looks a little better the second time around, the words don't hurt my eyes, but her nose is still gone.

Wouldn't it be scary if they decided not to give Lara a nose anymore like some anime or some cartoon charector without a nose?

tommyc_27
7th Dec 2002, 13:23
Even though you have improved the picture, Lara still hasn't got a nose! But... don't fear, AoD isn't finished yet, is it?! Eidos/Core have held the release date until February because they stil need to ordr Lara's nose surgery! Don't lose hope! Everyone hold hands and chant...
We want a Lara with a nose!
So we can look at her beautiful pose!
Make sure its small and not like a hose!
We want Lara with a nose!

Godfather
7th Dec 2002, 13:35
Originally posted by tommyc_27
We want a Lara with a nose!
So we can look at her beautiful pose!
Make sure its small and not like a hose!
We want Lara with a nose!

Err ... riiiigghht! :rolleyes:

Say, maybe she lost her nose in that terrible near-death-experience of Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation? Hey, maybe she'll go back to find her nose in one of the next adventures. Hihihi, they could name one of the next Tomb Raider-games: Tomb Raider: The hunt for Lara's nose! :D

tommyc_27
7th Dec 2002, 16:24
Tomb Raider: The hunt for Lara's nose! :D

Yes... Maybe Set stole it so she would be afraid to go outdoors and tell about her adventures! She must go back and settle the score by cutting off Set's snout and winning back hers and then super-glueing it back! I guess we will only find out in 2003...
(add sad sound here)
Plus, since there are 3 games in the series it'll be
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider: The Hunt for Lara's Nose
Tomb Raider: The Nose Surgery

Godfather
7th Dec 2002, 18:10
Originally posted by tommyc_27
Tomb Raider: The Nose Surgery

Hmmm, I don't like this one really. I mean: you're already mentioning the plot of the game and you can't possible make an entire game around a nose surgery, now can you? Well, except if you wanna make it a game like with Chronicles, then it's possible.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind: but I would prefer something else ... something more mysterious, more creepy-sounding.

i.e.:

Tomb Raider: The second nose or
Tomb Raider: Michael's nose :D or
Tomb Raider: the man who didn't know his mother was an alien and then for this last example start a whole new story (the man = Kurtis Trent and his mother is Eckhart (dressed as a man, but being a woman) who turns out to be an Alien) which'll only be solved at the very end of the game. The Alien (Eckhart then) has stolen Lara's nose and she has recovered it already, but it turns out to be the nose of Werner Von Croy which started to lead its own life since the man is dead anyway (with or without the nose!) ... or am I pushing it? :D

tommyc_27
7th Dec 2002, 18:37
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Godfather
Tomb Raider: The Second Nose or
Tomb Raider: Michael's Nose :D or
Tomb Raider: The Man who didn't know his Mother was an Alien QUOTE]

I think it should be Tomb Raider: The Invisible Nose - where it turns out Kurtis' dad didn't die and turns out to be Eckhart (see, I put that bit from your story, Godfather), and they both put a spell to make Lara's nose invisible, so she can't SMELL their evil plan. But, she must find the Odour of Pegasus and the Incense of Xcalibur, to burn her nose back in place, so she can track them down with her imprived sense of smell! How does that sound... or am I pushing it too? And that bit about the whole Kurtis/Eckhart and the Alien thing... erm...scary... OK!?

Godfather
7th Dec 2002, 21:15
Maybe she's on drugs like Vincent D'Onofrio in "The Salton Sea". He lost his nose as well due to sniffin' it up too much. :D

tommyc_27
7th Dec 2002, 23:03
sniffin' it up too much. :D

Have you seen Eastenders? One of the actresses was addicted to drugs and it dissolved the middle part of her nose! Disgusting! But dear old Lara wouldn't do that! She doesn't even eat fat... she has Museli for breakfast instead of a fry-up and a yoghurt for her tea! She is healthy, fit and beautiful! She isn't a snorter - it's a new storyline - Tomb Raider: The Invisible Nose! Agree, Godfather?

Tomb Raider Driver
7th Dec 2002, 23:49
The funny thing is that my uncle has that game on his Playstation 1 cant realy remeber what it wased called though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

shirl123
10th Dec 2002, 15:28
Originally posted by DKSM
http://dksm.homestead.com/files/fixed.jpg

is it just me or does she really look like some Disney character, especially in this picture? :p

markmi123
13th Dec 2002, 02:02
Pleasel, :rolleyes: stop looking at that 3rd rate picture from a 4th rate camera taken by a 5th rate photographer!

The game is going to use a much more advanced model made up of more than 5500 polygons, so some of those are in the nose, believe it or not ;) Unlike past games, her nose will be made up of more than 3 polygons.