PDA

View Full Version : Commandos 2 and the new 41.09 Detonator

Veynn
4th Dec 2002, 18:40
Anyone tried this? I just want to know if this new driver removes the flickering/flashing screen in Commandos 2.

Xcom
4th Dec 2002, 19:39
Originally posted by Veynn
I just want to know if this new driver removes the flickering/flashing screen in Commandos 2.

To answer this question one first need to experience this problem with older drivers. I, for one, don't have it (on both my computers). And as far as I remember, you are only the second person with this glitch. So why don't you try it yourself and then tell us. :D

Veynn
5th Dec 2002, 04:03
Originally posted by Xcom
To answer this question one first need to experience this problem with older drivers. I, for one, don't have it (on both my computers). And as far as I remember, you are only the second person with this glitch. So why don't you try it yourself and then tell us. :D

I don't experience the flickering/glitch in Detonator 30.82, only in 40.72.

Xcom
5th Dec 2002, 04:55
Then use 30.82. drivers. You don't have to update drivers every time they are realeased (unless of course a game requires it).

1shot1kill
5th Dec 2002, 10:55
But there is a large increase of performance between the 30.82 and the 40.72

Xcom
5th Dec 2002, 17:15
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
But there is a large increase of performance between the 30.82 and the 40.72

What do you call increase of performance and what is "large"? Better framerate? Can you really tell the difference? It will not make your GF 256 run like GF4.

1shot1kill
6th Dec 2002, 23:49
Well, 10 fps increase in most games is a good thing.

David
17th Dec 2002, 23:31
Originally posted by Veynn
Anyone tried this? I just want to know if this new driver removes the flickering/flashing screen in Commandos 2. yeah,it work ok with commandos,but not with other fps game :mad:

1shot1kill
18th Dec 2002, 14:11
Commandos 2 is not a fps. :)

since the 40.71 drivers i got 10 to 20 fps more in about every 3d game i have played so far, they rock.

Xcom
21st Dec 2002, 12:24
Well, 10 fps increase in most games is a good thing.

Yesterday, I was forced to mess around with different drivers because I was trying to get SplinterCell demo to work (read: work better). Guess what? I actually measured 5-10 fps drop when I installed 41.09 drivers. And I was using 30.82 prior to that. So there you go. ;) I guess it depends on game.

1shot1kill
21st Dec 2002, 20:59
Try some different settings, it can make alot of difference depending on your card.

Xcom
22nd Dec 2002, 11:42
Try some different settings, it can make alot of difference depending on your card.

Don't you think that I have already tried that? :rolleyes:
Anyway, the demo was very cool and the fps drop wasn't the biggest problem. I had this weird texture flickering glitch. Btw, did you try SC demo?

1shot1kill
22nd Dec 2002, 11:57
No not yet, i already got enough games to play no wthat i bought GTA 3, now that EA released a new free official map for BF1942 and that the best mod for BF1942 relesed a public alpha. :)

Did you try checking some SC forums? Usually when i have a problem like that with a game i can solve it in 10 minutes times just by looking at some forums for that particular game.

Xcom
22nd Dec 2002, 12:15
Did you try checking some SC forums? Usually when i have a problem like that with a game i can solve it in 10 minutes times just by looking at some forums for that particular game.

Yes, this is the first place I looked and I might add that UbiSoft has a terrible and ugly forum. :D Funny, after release of the demo there were like 500 threads (in 10 minutes time) complaining that demo didn't work well (and the other 500 threads were from xbox fanboys saying how xbox rules and pc sucks). This is probably one the buggiest demos ever released (technically speaking), especially when they put "OPTIMIZED FOR LATEST VIDEOCARDS" in the readme. LOL. Anyhow, as you may have noticed, I wrote my previous posts in the past tense which means that I have solved the majority of glitches (one way or the other). The gameplay and graphics, especially the light/shadow effects are superb but the techical side needs more finetuning, obviously. Ok, enough rambling. Enjoy your GTA (I know it can be time consuming :p )

1shot1kill
23rd Dec 2002, 15:32
I can't even download the demo, all the links wont work. :(

Xbox better than PC??? An Xbox is a freaking underpowered PC....

I'm enjoying my GTA, just got to the third island, when i finish it im gonna start over again cos i didnt do everything on the first island and it's a bit hard to do now with the mafia shooting you.

ragsy
24th Dec 2002, 03:37
I love GTA but your right once your onto the second island those mafia shotguns really rip your car to pieces, unless you get a bullet proof car

even the Turismo can be comlicated

Mike_B
24th Dec 2002, 08:54
I can't even download the demo, all the links wont work. :(

Try this one (http://games.telenet.be/index.php?newsid=4523) but disable your firewall before you start downloading.

Xcom
24th Dec 2002, 09:30
Originally posted by ragsy
I love GTA but your right once your onto the second island those mafia shotguns really rip your car to pieces, unless you get a bullet proof car

Yes, that can be a problem. After I completed story based (obligatory) missions, I just edited some file and made them friendly again.

1shot1kill
24th Dec 2002, 14:10
Cheat! :P

You might as well have downloaded 1 of the programs program that makes you able to edit anything in the game by a few simple clicks, like locking and unlocking the doors of your car, making it bullet, fire and crash proof, stuff like that.

Anyways what was this thread about? ;)

atifkazi
16th Jan 2003, 22:28
I haven't come to this forum since it started its new renovation in June 2002, from the old forum to the new, i still prefered the old one,

well i suffered the same problems with the new NVIDIA detonator driver, well im not fidling with the game configs, but there may be an update for Frame Rate on the Upcoming Direct X 9.0

1shot1kill
17th Jan 2003, 21:03
Upcoming? It's already out.

atifkazi
17th Jan 2003, 22:53
ooo I never knew that i thought it was coming out next week,
ooohh well, i gonna get it

David
18th Jan 2003, 00:27
hehe.dot worth realy if you have older cards. for me didnt improved anythig :D