PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best KH game in the series? and whats the worst?

edward.busch.18
10th Feb 2013, 16:02
Everyone has a thought.... even if you think ALL games are great theres bound to be 1 that you play less

Ryutim
12th Feb 2013, 23:22
Yeah, my favorite would have to be BBS (with KH2 coming in at a close second), and my least favorite is definately Re:coded, but only because of the different gameplay styles, I hated those, but apart from that, it was still an awsome game.

edward.busch.18
13th Feb 2013, 08:24
agree to disagree with the re:coded... Although the very end WAS the meat of the game the whole experience felt rushed given i know it came from a cell phone game, datascape wasnt important enough

Lightning_Stryker
14th Feb 2013, 19:46
My favorite game was Days because I liked how the storyline had lots of emotion and how it showed the characters develop along the way. The worst game for me would have to be re:coded because after a while the battles got annoying xD But I liked the storyline in Re:Coded too.

member_10751449
14th Feb 2013, 20:58
This is way too hard for me. The KH franchise to me is very consistent, but they keep the gameplay in each installment refreshing without butchering everything. It is one of the few game franchises that I would reccommend to someone to play every game excluding the different versions. So for myself I wouldn't even say worst, but maybe favorite or least favorite. KH2 coming at number 1 because I loved the Drive Gauge and chain of memory coming at last place. Even though it was my first KH game and I put countless hours into it. There is nothing bad about it for me to say, just didn't stack up well with the others. Still glad they made it and I hope they continue to explore/push in new directions like these.

edward.busch.18
14th Feb 2013, 23:37
well lol opions on all the topics between the games Day's was a good story devolping Roxas very well better then even KH2 did even as it was his intro game people liked Roxas.... he was a tragic Hero. Chain of memories was among my lower rooster of games but i loved it .... my numbering of games are as such (1 being best 6 being not so best your right akeemcoffey worst is too strong a word ) 1. Kingdom hearts 2 /// 2. Birth by sleep/ DDD (tie) 3. Kingdom Hearts 4. 358/2 Days 5. Chain of memories/ re;chain 6. Re:coded

idkbaka5
15th Feb 2013, 00:14
Favorite would be kh2, least favorite would have to be re: coded too.

edward.busch.18
15th Feb 2013, 00:28
Favorite would be kh2, least favorite would have to be re: coded too.

the story and combat in 2 was AMAZING! but duel weilding those keyblades just sold me for life

WhitePrism
16th Feb 2013, 20:37
The first Kingdom Hearts game for the PS2 I still hold in my heart above all the other Kingdom Heart games. The one I disliked the most... hmm, kinda hard to say. I liked all of them for their storytelling parts and many I just found too short, especially DDD seemed very short.

edward.busch.18
17th Feb 2013, 15:53
The first Kingdom Hearts game for the PS2 I still hold in my heart above all the other Kingdom Heart games. The one I disliked the most... hmm, kinda hard to say. I liked all of them for their storytelling parts and many I just found too short, especially DDD seemed very short.

you play RE;coded? ddd felt like a library compared to that game

WhitePrism
18th Feb 2013, 10:51

you play RE;coded? ddd felt like a library compared to that game

Yes, I played all Kingdom Hearts games. To be honest, Re-coded felt longer with the surprise Castle Oblivion section at the end. Also, the avatar customizer amused me for alot longer then DDD's Dream-eater interaction and other things.

Ryutim
19th Feb 2013, 22:47
Same here, I had a lot more fun getting everything I possibly could in Re:coded than I did in DDD. I hated the Dream eaters, and DDD got tedious way too fast, although I'm not sure what kept it from being the same way with Re:coded.

edward.busch.18
20th Feb 2013, 03:51
agree to disagree ... i just kinda got bored with Re:coded, I didnt like the dreameaters that much but making them vanish to give Riku some power wasnt all bad....kinda like Forms from KH2 .....

member_10827566
21st Feb 2013, 21:00
My favorite is KH2 then Days, and my least favorite is Re:coded I also got bored with it because I felt it was really easy. The truth is, I didn't even finish that game because I got DDD and I was really excited to play it.

Ryutim
21st Feb 2013, 22:55
I played through Re:coded on Critical difficulty, and it felt just like normal difficulty, so I totally get where you're coming from there, but I loved the mother board that was used to upgrade your levels and stats, the bit of strategy that came with placing everything to best advantage was fun, and I loved the fact that it really rewarded me for getting all the stat chips I could find. I didn't like command system, after BBS, it just couldn't match up, but I found a few moves that worked well, and I was able to get through the game with them, no problem (not counting the Hollow Bastion world, that just sucked, and the Olympus Colleseum world was a pain due to the turn based system, but apart from that, and the other switches to other game genres, Re:coded was still a good game, not the best in the KH series by a long shot, but still good.).

edward.busch.18
22nd Feb 2013, 00:34
im actually refreshing my memory and playing Re:coded now on critical...I do like the Idea of Keyblades leveling up.... awesome if it changes Appearences in the newer games..BUT! still not really enjoying it...