PDA

View Full Version : I'm hoping my site will be up soon, and I may be able to offer hosting...

Chronicles5
3rd Dec 2002, 22:12
...but I'm not even 10% positive on how much space I'm getting, I in fact have no idea.

This is particularly for people who lost webspace when TRH was closed, people who have been living on angelfire or geocites for a long time, or people who are just starting websites, so if you already have your own space, don't be mooching off mine :p

As you all know, I went on and on about how my site will be up soon, but that never happened for ages and ages, until now. I need it up soon, for reasons outside of this forum :D I'm hoping to have it up real soon, full of a complete wad and texture index, (done, except for TRLR, there will only be wads for that on request- way too big a game to type out all the code for, even with copy and paste...:p) screens of all the TR levels, flash intro movies, chromeless window with nice new frames and sections, a smooth new AOD design, and lots of eye-pleasing codes to make my site an experience.

The downside to all of that is that the site exceeds 250mb in size and will not fit on angelfire :D

The upside to the downside is that I will need alot of space, and if I get enough, I will set aside a certain amount of space for people who need hosting/domain name etc.

I'm hoping to get http://www.c5.net or http://www.chronicles5.com, or something small and easy to type, so for a member it would be www.c5.net/(yourmembername) and it would be a rather short domain to type.

BUT! We're getting this webspace through our charter connection, and my site might have to be http://webpages.charter.net/chronicles5 *groans* I hope not...

So, if anyone would like to have a site or anything else hosted, please post here and let me know if you would like space and how much you would like. There are of course limits :D

***PLEASE READ***

As I said before, I don't know how much space I will be getting, if I don't have enough to share I'll have to close this whole deal which I hate to do...

-----------------------

A little background on the main setup of my websites.

C5- The Experience will be a smaller main webpage that contains my other websites (C5 Level Editing being one, C5 Australia 2003 being the other, there may be more in the future) and some stuff about me, resource links, cool effects, and err... not much else :D
The page will be good-looking but not have that much on it, the main pages will be the two mentioned above.

Also listed on this page will be all my affiliates, people who use my webspace, partners, and stuff like that.

----------------------

If you use my webspace, a small logo will be created for you that I will put on my site to show you are a member.

EDIT-I want to make this clear that I am not responsible for uploading your files, you will have to find a reliable FTP program to do this ;) However if you need help, just ask.

MountainDewNut
3rd Dec 2002, 22:14
Originally posted by Chronicles5
This is particularly for people who lost webspace when TRH was closed,

hehehe, I'll take it depending upon how much space I'll get etc. Do you know if you'll be getting it up before Christmas? I'd like to do a Christmas theme, but I want to know if it's worth it or not.

the_internet_king
3rd Dec 2002, 22:29
i odnt have a site of such but your new site sounds good ;)

Chronicles5
4th Dec 2002, 11:52
MDN, it may be up this week or this weekend depending on....errr... stuff :D

TIK, thanks :D

Oh, and if anyone noticed my new sig, it will probably be the design for my main homepage, instead of an earlier design idea I had before, which was so much more boring :D

Kurtis Trent
6th Dec 2002, 03:37
Awesome! cant wait for it to be up.:cool: :D :D

Paolone
7th Dec 2002, 11:08
Originally posted by Chronicles5

So, if anyone would like to have a site or anything else hosted, please post here and let me know if you would like space and how much you would like. There are of course limits :D

I'm looking for hosting a single very big file: Tomb Raider Level Editor setup.
It's 76 Mb.

I'm waiting my site (100 Mb but limited bandwitdh) will be given me but it's doesn't happen soon. :(