PDA

View Full Version : TR1 - Level 9 & Stuck

Katarina
2nd Dec 2002, 02:08
I'm playing the original Tomb Raider and I'm on Level 9 - Tomb of Tihocan. I've slid down a long tunnel into a cavern lake and offed the single gator. I also found the switch that opens a door in an underwater tunnel but can't find said tunnel. I see the door on dry land flanked by the two Sagittarians but can't open it. How do I move on? I can't climb back up the long tunnel...:confused:

Collin
2nd Dec 2002, 04:34
This is what Stella says:
Slide or dive down into the water, turn around and swim to the right through a twisty tunnel to the other side of the lake. Surface and face the temple door, which is flanked by two centaur statues. Swim down and around the right side of the underwater column that holds up the walkway in front of the temple. Here you'll find a well-concealed underwater passage. (If Lara is treading water facing the centaur statue on the right, the passage is below, ahead and just a little to the left. There's a pointy, light-colored rock overhanging the opening.)

Hope it helps! :)

Etruscan
3rd Dec 2002, 09:20
Yes, if you are in the water facing the doors, the concealed passage is on the right, underwater, below a bright rock. Beware of the battle that ensues once you enter the doors of the temple like buliding. Let us know if you find the passage Katarina.

Victoria Andrea
3rd Dec 2002, 16:47
Hint: save valuable medipacks and ammo by running past the two Atlantean Horsemen into the chamber and deal with Pierre.

You can still complete the level (and the game) by skipping this battle.

:D

TheBoo
3rd Dec 2002, 20:12
The horsemen are not that difficult to deal with. For the first one (on your left as you approach) trigger his awakening, then flip back to the clear area to the left of the building to give yourself some room. Then, sideflip left and right while firing pistols at him. You may get hit while jumping and you may not get hit at all. He will go down in less than one minute.

The horseman on the right side on the entrance is even easier. He won't awaken until after you go inside. After he animates, stand about 10 feet from the doorway in a straight line then shoot at him as he goes by the doorway. If he stops to shoot fireballs at you, flip sideways until he trots away, then flip back in line with the doorway and wait until he comes in view again and let him have it. Repeat this until he gets an exploding headache. ;)

Deekman
8th Dec 2002, 03:56
Originally posted by Victoria Andrea
Hint: save valuable medipacks and ammo by running past the two Atlantean Horsemen into the chamber and deal with Pierre.

You can still complete the level (and the game) by skipping this battle.

:D

Never Skip! Engage all enemies!
TRI can be played without using any medpacks at all, if you are careful.
It can be played using pistols only, no meds, no cheats,
and and no skips, but that's a specific challenge best accomplished if you've been throught the
game a couple times.:D

Rose662
8th Dec 2002, 04:08
When I played TR1 a second time I discovered I could engage these two horsemen from inside the building. You have to be quick getting Lara to the building. Be sure the door to the building is open first - which it looks like you have. Here is how I did it:

Exit from the water from the extreme left side where the sand is. Using the look key, figure out your route to the doorway. Run QUICKLY to the doorway - no stopping. As you are running, you will hear the first horseman activate - keep running to the door. When Lara reaches the door, go inside and hide Lara on either side of the door.

Now Lara is inside the building and can fire repeatedly at the two horsemen and jump side to side as TheBoo advises from safety.

:) Good luck!