PDA

View Full Version : Texture shows letters and numbers

Philae
1st Dec 2002, 22:23
It seems that every time I texture a certain part of a specific room the textures show up as letters and numbers on a black background in the game, but look fine in the editor. Does anybody know what causes this problem, and how to fix it?
The level only has like 20 rooms so far, dont know whats up?

MountainDewNut
1st Dec 2002, 22:27
I'm never heard of this problem before. Is your TGA and/or wad really large?

DKSM
1st Dec 2002, 22:42
I had that happen too. It's like the text used for the loading screens. Never figured out how to fix it either. Sorry.

Philae
1st Dec 2002, 23:43
Im starting to think that my level is falling apart, now the water surface textures are affecting the walls around the pool, and they are animating too...how the heck did this happen?

Still trying to figure about the number/letter texture problem, I applied a different texture and it was ok, so for now it seems to be only this specific texture, but why?

Josep
2nd Dec 2002, 11:28
Philae:

I can not answer why, but I can give you a solution. I had experienced the same problem with my last level (twh9). The only way that I found to fix it was copy the texture in a different tile and do not use the one that was causing problems. I experienced the same problem with 3 or 4 tiles of the textures palette.

Josep

prjsaves
2nd Dec 2002, 13:17
Hi

I had seen the same thing when I used a TR2 texture set - that one of the textures did not appear to be the texture that I placed. I used another texture and and things were ok.
Also tried using the problem texture in another area and it apppeared ok and the texture that was not looking right was ok!

I suggest you try what Josep did sounds the ideal solution :)