PDA

View Full Version : Level Building Program Resource v1.0 released !

TheMask
1st Dec 2002, 20:43
http://mail.gulb2vskola.edu.lv/files/oleg/LBPR.jpg
http://mail.gulb2vskola.edu.lv/files/oleg/LBPR_Logo.jpg (http://www.weebaldman.com/LBPR/LBPR_v10.exe)
LBPR Home Page (http://www.weebaldman.com/LBPR/index.html)
Screenshot (http://mail.gulb2vskola.edu.lv/files/oleg/LBPR_screenshot.jpg)

Finally released!

First of all, I'd like to thank the following people for contributing in this project:

Wee Bald Man - for hosting absolutely all programs! You actually made this project possible, WBM!
GeckoKid - for hosting TRLE Official CD!
Sergey - (my brother) for helping me to make LBPR logo
Litepulsar - for cheering me up and bumping the thread ;)
And the following guys for helping me with the descriptions:
Ale
TRWad
Raider Of Tombs Clone
Colin Grigson
TREEBLE
Number6
aktrekker
LeeO
Malte
Turbo Pascal
Chronicles5
And, of course, all the programmers themselves. Without them this program wouldn't even exist

The idea of this program is:

to gather all ever released TR related Tools and Utilities in one database (program) so you didn't have to search for them all over the Internet;
to give you a quick access to any version of the program that you want and anytime you need it;
to provide you with a description of each program so that you knew what it is meant for (tutorials not included - maybe sometime in the far future, who knows... ;) ), (some programs still require a review);
to provide you with the names and contact information of the authors of the all these programs (tho I haven't succeeded in finding out all the needed information so far, hope somebody will help me in this);

LBPR featuring:

108+ different TR Tools and Utilities;
321+ different versions;
support for Download Managers, which require a direct link;
no copy/paste action required ;) - just press the "Download" button;
a very user-friendly (simple) interface and it doesn't require the time to learn how to use this program (the idea of PnP devices);
as long as database is updated regulary, you will need to download the updated database files. You don't have to search for the updates! To update the database all you have to do is:
from the main menu choose File -> Update Database . This will open the Download Dialog. Download the exe file and place it somewhere on your disk. Then double click on the executable file and browse to the directory where you have LBPR installed and press extract! That's it! The database is updated! You might have a question - how do I know if I downloaded the updated database files? - the answer is simple, in the title bar there's a date when the database was last updated! So, if the date changed after you had run the executable then it means I updated it :) , if not - then it means I didn't;

Important: absolutely all programs are hosted on ONE reliable and fast server with UNlimited bandwidth! This means you will have an access to any file anytime you want! Again, thanks to WeeBaldMan!

You don't have to download any runtimes as this program is powered by Delphi !!! Also, it is being updated regulary!

Click the logo to download LBPR v1.0 (only 341 KB)

WEBMASTERS,
feel free to host this program on your sites.

All comments and suggestions are welcome

MountainDewNut
1st Dec 2002, 20:53
This will be a very useful tool mask! thank you for your (and the others) hard work.

Mushroom
1st Dec 2002, 21:51
Yes Bravo Mask and everyone else involved, Invaluble site and great Idea!

Shroom

Croft Nut
1st Dec 2002, 22:00
Nice if it worked. I've downloded the file & extracted it. But clicking on the resource icon, just brings an error message "file name has changed,the program will now close.

Croft Nut

DKSM
1st Dec 2002, 22:25
Error here as well...

Executable file name changed. The program will now close.

TheMask
1st Dec 2002, 22:26
Originally posted by Croft Nut
Nice if it worked. I've downloded the file & extracted it. But clicking on the resource icon, just brings an error message "file name has changed,the program will now close.
Croft Nut

But you have modified the file name or the directory name, haven't you (it should tell you what file name you have changed) ? All you have to do is download it, unpack and run the executable. Do not change any file names there! The program checks at startup if the file names have been changed and closes if it had happened (I needed to interconnect some things so you could run the program from ANY directory on your hard drive).

Let me know if you (or anybody else) encounter this problem again.

TheMask
1st Dec 2002, 22:30
Ok, I see some of you have this problem:
try renaming the executable from "resource.exe" to "Resource.exe" and check if it works (if this works for you I will release the revised version)
Thx for bug reporting

DKSM
1st Dec 2002, 22:35
Works perfectly.
Thanks!

Treeble
1st Dec 2002, 22:42
Had no problems here :confused:
Congratulations and thanks a lot The Mask!!! :)

TheMask
1st Dec 2002, 22:46
Thanks guys!
Nonetheless, I fixed that and reuploaded the installer. Hope that nobody will receive that message again.

TrueRaider
1st Dec 2002, 22:51
I had to change the "r" into a "R" then it worked.

Excellent tool!! :D

Croft Nut
1st Dec 2002, 23:11
putting the "r" in caps worked for me too

Croft Nut

TenChen
1st Dec 2002, 23:12
This was an awsome Idea !

EddyBones
2nd Dec 2002, 01:02
Thanks for making this. It is a very helpful tool;)

Collin
2nd Dec 2002, 01:08
Very cool program!! :cool: :cool:
Nice one, TheMask! http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

TheMask
2nd Dec 2002, 22:05
Ok, now try updating the database ;) ;)
[edit] Note: you will have to close the program and open it again to see the changes.

DKSM
2nd Dec 2002, 22:11
Worked. :)

TheMask
2nd Dec 2002, 22:15
Very good :) As you can see, one of the changes is the addition of a new program (now 109) and files = 323 ;)

TheMask
6th Dec 2002, 19:12
Ok, I received the first email with the request to remove some files. So, the next time LBPR is updated (this will happen as soon as WBM reads my email) 6 programs (files) will be removed - unfortunatelly. So grab everything you need while you can! You have a few hours.
Also, I'm going to include a "history.txt" file with every next update, so you will be able to see what changes have been made.

Sugar Sprinkled Starfish
8th Dec 2002, 13:49
TheMask: I love you.

You had the Autosave Eradicator! I've been looking for that for the last ten minutes! ;)

Thank you, Thank you, thank you! :D

GeckoKid
8th Dec 2002, 14:09
Autosave Eradicator

what does it do?

Sugar Sprinkled Starfish
8th Dec 2002, 14:25
It stops the room editor from freezing when it starts up.
But I'm having trouble again now. If I can't sort it out I'll post something up here.

TheMask
8th Dec 2002, 15:32
You're always welcome, SSS ;) Nice to see you here, btw.

Originally posted by GeckoKid
Autosave Eradicator

what does it do?

Does nobody read the included descriptions? :( :(

P.S. Incoming....database update in a few minutes...
[edit] updated + "history.txt" file included.

Driber
10th Dec 2002, 21:38
awesome! thank you, TheMask!

KingSpyder
11th Dec 2002, 01:56
Originally posted by TheMask
Ok, I received the first email with the request to remove some files. So, the next time LBPR is updated (this will happen as soon as WBM reads my email) 6 programs (files) will be removed - unfortunatelly. So grab everything you need while you can! You have a few hours.

Okay..... Can you tell us what six were removed and why? If not why, can you at least tell us what they were?

BTW, great program!

TheMask
11th Dec 2002, 16:51
Originally posted by DriberBallZ
awesome! thank you, TheMask!
Glad you like it, Driber :)

Originally posted by KingSpyder
Okay..... Can you tell us what six were removed and why? If not why, can you at least tell us what they were?

BTW, great program!
Update the database and read the included "history.txt" file , that will answer your question ;) (those 6 files have been added again)