Hi

In which TRLR level WAD has these objects :-

Pole rope
Mine detecter
Diary
Butterfly
Sprinkler
A timer ?

I just spotted them looking in the list of TRLR items - but not too sure where they are located.

Is there a list of in which WAD items are located yet ?

Collin
1st Dec 2002, 19:52
The sprinkler is in the tulun wad, the mine detector also in one of the city wads (maybe in trenches). The diary was cut from TRLR at the last minute, so I don't think you'll find it in any wad.... The pole rope: can't you find that in about any wad? :confused:
Don't know about the timer or the butterflies..... (but I think the timer is also in one of the city wads; it sounds like something that goes with the mine....)

KingSpyder
2nd Dec 2002, 06:10
Originally posted by prjsaves
Hi

In which TRLR level WAD has these objects :-

Pole rope
Mine detecter
Diary
Butterfly
Sprinkler
A timer ?

I just spotted them looking in the list of TRLR items - but not too sure where they are located.

Pole rope - alexhub2.tr4, Catacomb.WAS, citnew.tr4, coastal.WAS, cortyard.tr4, csplit1.tr4, csplit2.tr4, joby5b.tr4, joby5c.tr4, lake.tr4, library.tr4, library.WAS, semer.tr4, settomb.WAS, settomb1.tr4, settomb2.tr4, tut1.WAS
Mine detecter - not defined
Diary - not defined
Butterfly - not defined
Sprinkler - cortyard.tr4
A timer ? - I believe this is defined by a trigger, but I may be wrong.

Is there a list of in which WAD items are located yet ?

Yeap. Check here. (http://www.kingspyder.com/trcp/tools/objloc.html) This should be a complete list of the object locations for TR4. If you spot something missing, please let me know and I'll add it. (Note: This is a mirror of the old TRWest site by Michael L. Jelarcic and the text hasn't changed since sometime in 2001.)

prjsaves
2nd Dec 2002, 22:26
Hi

Many thanks thats a good list :)

I was not looking for the pole rope - mistaken thinking I could edit something for a tighrope!

Timer I was thinking of the time displayed like to complete a TR house race course. I may wish to use this in my Church/TR House level though I can't add much else to the WAD as level is over doing things in Textures and I have too be very carefull not to cause a crash in compilling each time I make changes :(

Things like Diary and butterfly have slots so is anything hardcoded in them ? Are there any others that don't have objects ?

KingSpyder
4th Dec 2002, 08:20
Originally posted by prjsaves

Many thanks thats a good list :)

Thanks. As I said, it was done by Michael L. Jelarcic over a year ago, so thanks would go to him (If we knew how to cantact him). However, I'll be happy to add to or correct any part of the TRWest site mirror I have.

I was not looking for the pole rope - mistaken thinking I could edit something for a tighrope!

Hummm.... Not sure what you'd do there.

Timer I was thinking of the time displayed like to complete a TR house race course. I may wish to use this in my Church/TR House level though I can't add much else to the WAD as level is over doing things in Textures and I have too be very carefull not to cause a crash in compilling each time I make changes :(

Check here (http://www.kingspyder.com/trcp/tools/script.html) and you'll see that what you're looking for is indeed a part of the script. It's defined as Timer=[ENABLE | DISABLE] however, how you get it to actually work I do not know.

Things like Diary and butterfly have slots so is anything hardcoded in them ? Are there any others that don't have objects ?

I'm reasonable sure that some of them are hardcoded. The trick is finding out what they do. For instance, BRIDGE_TILT2 is not defined in TR4 however, I tested it using the BRIDGE_TILT1 object and found it had a sharper tilt than BRIDGE_TILT1. Then I was able to copy the three bridge objects from TR1 to use in "The Caves" as that was exactly what I needed. So, some testing will be needed to find out what they do. I'll be glad to add that to the list as well *IF* someone discovers what they all do.

As for the undefined objects, here's a list:

ANIMATING3 & 16_MIP - Any MIP object would be a low polygon version of the normal object
BABOON_INV_MIP
BABOON_SILENT_MIP
BLINKING_LIGHT
BLUE_LIGHT
BODY_PART
BRIDGE_TILT2 - The ONLY one I know.
BUTTERFLY
CEILING_TRAPDOOR2 - One would assume it's the same as CEILING_TRAPDOOR1
DEATH_SLIDE
DEMIGOD1_MIP
DIARY_ITEM
FALLING_BLOCK2 - One would assume it's the same as FALLING_BLOCK
GREEN_LIGHT
KEY_HOLE3 - 9 - Should work the same as other keyholes.
KEY_ITEM1_COMBO1 & 2
KEY_ITEM2_COMBO1 & 2
KEY_ITEM3 - 9 - Should work the same as KEY_ITEM1 & 2. Not sure about the COMBOS, but would assume they'd work like the PUZZLE_COMBO's.
KEY_ITEM3_COMBO1 & 2
KEY_ITEM4_COMBO1 & 2
KEY_ITEM5_COMBO1 & 2
KEY_ITEM6_COMBO1 & 2
KEY_ITEM7_COMBO1 & 2
KEY_ITEM8_COMBO1 & 2
KICK_DOOR2 - One would assume it's the same as KICK_DOOR1
LARA_DOUBLE_MIP
MINE_DETECTOR
MISC_SPRITES
ONEBLOCK_PLATFORM
PC_LOAD_INV_ITEM
PC_SAVE_INV_ITEM
PICKUP_ITEM1_COMBO1 & 2
PICKUP_ITEM2_COMBO1 & 2
PICKUP_ITEM3 & 4 - Should work the same as PICKUP_ITEM1 & 2. Not sure about the COMBOS, but would assume they'd work like the PUZZLE_COMBO's.
PICKUP_ITEM3_COMBO1 & 2
PICKUP_ITEM4_COMBO1 & 2
PUSHPULL_DOOR2 - One would assume it's the same as PUSHPULL_DOOR1
PUZZLE_ITEM6_COMBO1 & 2 - I'd assume they'd work like the other PUZZLE_COMBO's.
PUZZLE_ITEM7_COMBO1 & 2
RED_LIGHT
SAS_CAPTAIN
SAS_CAPTAIN_MIP
SAS_DYING
SAS_DYING_MIP
SCALING_TRAPDOOR
SECRET_MAP
SETH_DOOR
SHATTER6 - 9 - Should work the same as other shatter objects.
SMASH_OBJECT1 - 8 - NONE of these are defined. Just by the name, I'd assume the'd act like the SMASHABLE_BIKE_FLOOR or SMASHABLE_BIKE_WALL or maybe even the shatter objects.
SWITCH_TYPE4 - 6 - Should work like other switches.
TRIPWIRE
WHITE_LIGHT
WILD_BOAR_MIP
WRAITH4

Let me know if you find out exactly what any one of them do.

MountainDewNut
4th Dec 2002, 16:52
I believe that all MPs are lower polygoned enemies that appear appears in the place of an enemy when he is too far away.
BLINKING_LIGHT:Basically what it says, It's a nullmesh that blinks when triggered.
BLUE_LIGHT: Same as above except its a stable blue light.
BRIDGE_TILT2: Just a steeper version of the bridge tilt 1.
DEATH_SLIDE: Zip line
GREEN_LIGHT: Same as the blue light, but's green.
KICK_DOOR2: I Repleaced this with a Kickdoor 1 and it works the same.
RED_LIGHT: Same as the blue light, but it's red.
SAS_CAPTAIN: I believe that he is a cutscene object.
SAS_DYING:Same as above.
SHATTER6 - 9 - Should work the same as other shatter objects.
WHITE_LIGHT:Same as the blue light, but white

Let me know if you find out exactly what any one of them do.

disco-fever
4th Dec 2002, 18:36
I would really like to know what BODY_PART and BUTTERFLY are