PDA

View Full Version : Future titles do you see sora being the lead chacter?

edward.busch.18
8th Feb 2013, 18:55
Sora has been the lead chacter in almost every game save for BBS and DDD.... Do you like him to continue or give him a break?

MichaelVoid
8th Feb 2013, 19:37
Give him a break. He has already done enough. Personally, I'd want more games with Ventus and Roxas, seeing what they did while they were "gone".

edward.busch.18
8th Feb 2013, 19:41
ya know about Birth by Sleep and 358/2 days for Ventus and Roxas right?

Ryutim
10th Feb 2013, 14:28
I'm really hoping that Kairi will be the lead character in KH3.

edward.busch.18
10th Feb 2013, 15:44
KH 3 im hoping for over 200 hours of gameplay with mutiple lead chacters...

Lightning_Stryker
18th Feb 2013, 08:37
I'd actually like to see a whole game that progressed the story, with Riku being the main character. We've had bits and pieces like in KH3D where you could switch between him and Sora and CoM where he had his own story, but I think it'd be cool to see the KH storyline progress from his point of view. I think it'd also be interesting to play as Kairi because we've never really got to play as her. Though I hope she'd be able to take care of herself xD

edward.busch.18
19th Feb 2013, 09:55
Kairi did pretty well in KH2...considering she been in battle 0 times before... had no dive to the heart....it was kinda like "heres a keyblade, get to work"....

edward.busch.18
19th Feb 2013, 09:57
Kairi did pretty well in KH2...considering she been in battle 0 times before... had no dive to the heart....it was kinda like "heres a keyblade, get to work"....

actually i'd be laughing my fool head off if she also became a Master before Sora too

Lightning_Stryker
19th Feb 2013, 12:32
If that happened to Sora, I'd feel pretty bad for him xD

edward.busch.18
19th Feb 2013, 13:46
well Sora has kinda been cheating alittle.... everyone else has 1 heart.... Sora has what? 3 ? 4? depending if you count Xion, Roxas, Vanitas, Ventus......who knows might be a mystery heart in there too?

Ryutim
19th Feb 2013, 23:02
Lol, yeah, everyone keeps on saying that it's his connections with other people's hearts that is special, not specifically Sora himself, and having a whole bunch of hearts in him might account for that, y'know, apart from the obvious reason that he helped a lot of people on his travels. Also, I think it's just 4 hearts in Sora now (Sora's, Xion's, Roxas', and Ventus'. I don't think that Vanitas' heart survived his battle with Ventus, and even if it did, it wouldn't have taken shelter in Sora's heart, or rather, Sora would have been influenced by darkness a lot more if he had even a little of Vanitas' heart inside of him), unless Ventus' heart was returned to him somewhere along the line (there could still be a mystery heart in him too, but I think that's pushing it). Anyway, yeah, I'd love to see Kairi become a Keyblade Master before Sora, that'd fit so well, I mean, it's like you said, Kairi, with absolutely no battle experience, kicked heartless butt with a ridiculous amount of ease (she was killing heartless in one hit kills that Sora might not have been able to one hit kill, depending on what level the player has gotten him to at that time).

edward.busch.18
20th Feb 2013, 03:48
hey! Sora's been saying it ALL along "my friends are my power!" so "everyone" IS kinda right.lol I kinda see Kairi being a master before Sora anyways until Ven's heart is outta his i dont think him being a keyblade master would be possible.... Yeah Vanitas did kinda fade outta Ven's heart after that battle and the Station of Awaking was just Ven...... but i kinda liked Vanitas...we need more evil sora look alikes

Lightning_Stryker
21st Feb 2013, 14:18
Vanitas was one of my fav chars of the series. He was just amazing. It just makes you wonder though what would happen if Vanitas' heart got into Sora. I mean seeing Sora turn into Vanitas would be a pretty epic twist if you ask me.

Ryutim
21st Feb 2013, 22:43
I agree, but I'm not really sure if I want it to happen or not, I mean, it'd be an awsome twist to the story, but I don't want all the time I've spent grinding levels to help the bad guys, y'know?

edward.busch.18
22nd Feb 2013, 00:38
i kinda see Sora being ripped into his alter forms of Roxas, Ven, and maybe Xion if Sora is taken by Vanitas .....cant see HOW he would assume control with that much light in their to help Sora but Xion wasnt a Good heart to begin with Xenmas did "reprogram" her

Ryutim
27th Feb 2013, 14:41
I disagree, Xion did (and possibly does) have a good heart, even if Xemnas reprogrammed her body and/or mind to obey his commands.

edward.busch.18
27th Feb 2013, 14:44
i'd like to retract my last comment, I forgot that Xion HAD to fight becuase she was absorbing too much of Roxas' memories and she wanted to return to Sora so Xion forced Roxas' hand and made him......

Ryutim
27th Feb 2013, 15:24
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that as well, so Xion was actually too good for her own, umm, good (you know what I mean).

edward.busch.18
27th Feb 2013, 15:47
yes...yes I do...Xion was with Sora in the Picture behind him when in KH 3D he said My friends ARE MY power! ....thinking shes good

Ryutim
1st Mar 2013, 16:47
Assuming that Xion will come back into the game, how do you think it'll happen? I mean, she's trapped inside Sora for now, but do you think that she (and Roxas, of course) might be released when Sora returns Ven's heart to him? Possibly due to someone attacking him midway through the process? That's the only way I can think of, there are probably more, but I can't think of any that make sense.

edward.busch.18
1st Mar 2013, 20:21
Im thinking Vanitas will return through Sora... Once he releases Ven's heart he would release the only thing protecting his heart as Roxas and Xion is also saved and the whole part of Xion and Roxas' story will be them tying to save Sora as Ven goes after Terra

Lightning_Stryker
5th Apr 2013, 17:42
So if Sora gives Ven his heart back, that would leave Sora with....half a heart? Then what if Vanitas' spirit is still lingering around? Doesn't that mean that he could go and take over the spot that Ven was taking up?

edward.busch.18
5th Apr 2013, 19:23
See thats what i was trying to say... once Ven and Xion and Roxas is gone Sora's heart will be too weak to defend agianst Vanitas' darkness.... Sora is a whole heart to himself but since his heart was born he always had anther with him....he never faced any challange without someone elses heart cept' for the brief time he came back from being a heartless and defeated Ansem but he was really crushed by Kingdom Hearts.....

Lightning_Stryker
5th Apr 2013, 22:33
Wouldn't that be crazy if Sora somehow ended up being the bad guy of KH? Of course there's always Xehanort and his other vessels taking up the main bad guy spot, but once you take out all of the other people that Sora is connected to, Sora could just be plain darkness. Like Ed said, Sora's always had help from someone or something else but have we really seen what his heart is made up of?

edward.busch.18
6th Apr 2013, 05:35
Ansem the wise said it best "Sora is special" but i dont think with the keyblade im thinking diffrently...and people are gonna start hating on me now cuz i said that...

member_10162287
6th Apr 2013, 07:50
......I gotta get a 3DS and start playing DDD, 'cause I have no idea what you guys are talking about!

Lightning_Stryker
6th Apr 2013, 08:06
We're talking about how it's possible that Sora could turn into Vanitas and we're trying to find evidence xD

member_10162287
6th Apr 2013, 09:31
Well, there must be something special about Sora that attracts so many hearts to him, right? And if he was alone when he defeated Ansem (yes he was crashed by Kingdom Hearts, but remember Sora was the one who opened the door), then I'd say his heart is strong enough.

Lightning_Stryker
6th Apr 2013, 10:03
There has to be something different about Sora's heart. But to see him on the bad side would be a total ultimate twist xP

member_10590028
6th Apr 2013, 11:03
In my opinion, I don't think Sora will be the lead character in future Kingdom Hearts titles solely b/c there are many other Keyblade wielders with the same abilities that have to go through the same thing that revolves around Sora and this is just one saga that has happened and there are bound to be many more.

Lightning_Stryker
6th Apr 2013, 13:11
I think Sora will be the main character for the Xehanort Saga, but after that I don't think he will be.

member_10162287
6th Apr 2013, 14:06
Yeah, I remember after the original Kingdom Hearts people were asking for sequels, and in an interview Nomura said that he'd like to do a sequel. When asked whether the sequel will be a continuation of the story or would it be like Final Fantasy series with a different story and sets of characters in each entry, he said that Sora will always be the main character in Kingdom Hearts series. But the story has since snowballed after Kingdom Hearts II, and it's getting hard to just focus mainly on him now.

Lightning_Stryker
6th Apr 2013, 16:48
I agree. There's a lot of things going on with other characters in the series. It might just be a good thing not to focus on Sora so much.

edward.busch.18
6th Apr 2013, 18:59
well i think we will play as Sora up til he's at the part where we need Ven to be revived...

Lightning_Stryker
6th Apr 2013, 19:13
So after Ven is revived and we get everyone back, are they just gonna go try to defeat Xehanort?

edward.busch.18
6th Apr 2013, 19:22
NO! psh thats when all the intresting plot twists happen!.....im sure 50 hours into the game they might focus on Xehanort..... the last one after all his incarnations are defeated..... MAN its gonna be epic!

OmegaHer0
6th Apr 2013, 21:59
I have a more interesting one that you might drool over as an addition to your idea. What if Kairi is not really the true princess of heart? What if she is an artificial human acting as the real seventh princess's alternative host to the seventh light in her heart? Have you ever wonder who or what Kairi really is?

Listen to this because this is my idea for the 3rd installation of Kingdom Hearts three. Although my idea's incomplete, I will give you a sample of what's going on.

While King Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are looking for Sora and Riku after they both fell from a thin floor, Both of them stumble upon a secret laboratory now realizing that it was Xehanort's personal lab far hidden below radiant garden after they saw his name on a file document. Sora noticed a strange looking photo, Riku Grabbed it and pointed it into a light. Both Sora and Riku were utterly shocked that there are 13 children that all look just like Kairi. Much to Sora's Dismay, Both of them now realized a sinister secret that Xehanort stated it is all part of his plan. That Kairi is not born as a human, but was created artificially. Both of them wanted to tell Kairi and the others what they have seen -- However, if they do that-- they'll both feel like betraying Kairi's trust as in their promise to her of no more secrets. And yet, this is the biggest secret that Sora feel heavy in his heart -- that he would break her heart if he told her what they have seen in that laboratory.

Don't worry, Sora will still be the lead character in that future title.

Ryutim
6th Apr 2013, 23:50
I really hope that doesn't happen, I have enough trouble figuring out the Shadow androids in the Sonic games, so turning Kairi into a Shadow android knockoff would probably blow up my brain. No offense, I've had more than my fair share of weird story ideas, I just don't agree with that one. Also, I'm really hoping that they let us play as the other main characters, Sora's had the spotlight for way too long, and I don't know how many times they can convincingly say that Sora is level one again, in spite all of the adventures that he's been through, and all the times we've grinded for the exp to make him maximum level.

edward.busch.18
7th Apr 2013, 09:42
I agree with Ryutim... And why i started this thread i mean SERIOUSLY! how often is Sora gonna forget he was level 99? and kicking butt and has awesome double jumps and glide ability?

Lightning_Stryker
7th Apr 2013, 12:42
I thought it was funny how his design looked like he looked older in KH2 thank in KH1, but in Dream Drop Distance which takes place after KH2, he looks like he did in KH1. Maybe if they made him look a little older, or changed something else about him then I could see playing as him again. Just don't change the hair. That's Sora's trademark. I was sad when they cut Riku's hair.

edward.busch.18
7th Apr 2013, 13:42
Sister I think alot of people was sad/mad that they changed Riku's hair

Lightning_Stryker
7th Apr 2013, 15:51
I was like OMG! XD I guess I'm already used to it, but I hope that they bring back his longer hair. Like even if they brought back his hairstyle from KH1, I'll be happy XD

edward.busch.18
8th Apr 2013, 09:00
lets face it he was cooler with longer hair...ala` Sephiroth anyone?

Grimoire
8th Apr 2013, 21:36
More like Weiss (personal opinion).

edward.busch.18
9th Apr 2013, 12:51
isnt weiss from FF7Dirge abit on the dragonball z side?.....just by looks.....Riku hair went down but spiky so i think maybe a fusion of the two lol

Leaferian-379423
9th Apr 2013, 14:11
Weiss did have quite spikey hair on the top, but he's actually got the Final Fantasy equivalent to a mullet (http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_img/chars/char_40424.jpg). There's is the definite feel of business in the front, party in the back. I think all it would take for the two of them to have truly similar hair would be a comb taken to the top/front of Weiss' head (http://semna8.webs.com/DC_Weiss_2.jpg).

Grimoire
9th Apr 2013, 16:57
top/front of Weiss' head (http://semna8.webs.com/DC_Weiss_2.jpg)

(It's good to see that my old website [dirgeofcerberus.webs.com/DC_Art_Main_Cha... (http://dirgeofcerberus.webs.com/DC_Art_Main_Characters.htm)] is still of some use.)

Leaferian-379423
10th Apr 2013, 03:42
Hahaha, yep. I just took a screenshot of his face from my external hard drive and did a google search for related images to be honest. :P

Related to the initial topic, didn't Nomura Tetsuya say that even if there were other playable characters, the story of Kingdom Hearts would always relate to Sora and that he would always be the 'main character'? I recall reading something along those lines a few years ago, when he was discussing the future of the KH games including Birth By Sleep.

edward.busch.18
10th Apr 2013, 08:06
I know Sora is special...he will be important...