PDA

View Full Version : Falling Blocks and Switch? Need Help

bob5
30th Nov 2002, 18:33
Can I have it so you can stand on a Falling Block object, and when you throw a switch mounted on a wall (above the falling block) it triggers the falling blocks to fall?

eTux
30th Nov 2002, 18:40
Yes, I think this is possible with a special ocb. Look in the faq for the OCB thread, Dan the Jazzman wrote some usefull info about the Falling block ocb's.

bob5
30th Nov 2002, 19:09
Found it

"Falling blocks (crumbling floors) don't collapse when you stand on them if you enter an OCB 2. They're like the flat bridges. Remember that then you can trigger it with a ONE SHOT trigger and it will fall down and look like lara stood on it, which is good for all sorts of effects, like having entire rooms collapsing...
"

bob5
30th Nov 2002, 19:15
is the OCB setting the place you type, or a button you press once you hit "o"

cornchild
30th Nov 2002, 19:49
It is where you type. Make sure once you type the number to press enter. If you do not pres enter the number will not stay and it will go back to zero.

MountainDewNut
30th Nov 2002, 19:49
It's what you type in the window after hitting the "o"

bob5
30th Nov 2002, 20:33
isn't working, I still fall through the tile, and is it possible to trigger the tiles to fall

eTux
30th Nov 2002, 21:08
Try pressing all 5 buttons in the ocb window, and the object wil act like allready triggered. Maybe this'll help, but am not sure.

Dan the Jazzman
30th Nov 2002, 21:43
You took the words right out of my mouth ;)

Bob, you need to use a dummy trigger too. This does not work in the same way as a normal trigger- you must place a dummy trigger on the SAME block as the falling block, so that she will trigger the dummy trigger when she stands on that block, so she'll be able to stand on the block itself, if you see what I mean.... You just need to put a dummy trigger for that object on the same block as the object. Then she can stand on it.

Also, yes, you just use a normal trigger to trigger it to collapse. Make sure it's a one shot trigger or otherwise it will fall down repeatedly and look very weird indeed... So don't press the 1-5 buttons or it will already be triggered and will have collapsed.

bob5
30th Nov 2002, 23:22
All of my falling blocks are over a door with toggle opacity 2 on it. I set the dummy trigger on the square below the block, not the room under the block.. nothing is happening, still the same.

Collin
1st Dec 2002, 00:41
Select the falling block, go to the room under it (where the lowest point of the floor directly under the falling block is), click the tile and add a trigger. Then go to the trigger selection box and choose 'dummy'. Do this for every falling block.