PDA

View Full Version : Wadmerger and other programs

EJF_Steel_Tooth
30th Nov 2002, 12:23
Do you need permission to link to them on your site, Wadmerger, stripex and the other basic programs, do I have to ask someone if I can link to their download source? Or can I just go ahead and add them to my site?

Data
30th Nov 2002, 12:51
There may be a problem linking direct to their files, however most authors do not mind if you host their third party tool.
If you have any tool in mind, just PM the author.

EJF_Steel_Tooth
30th Nov 2002, 13:01
One quick question,

Do you think I would need to get authors permission to review their stuff on my site? Can I review castle doomsday when I have time please? I loved that level, its my favourite ever!

Data
30th Nov 2002, 14:01
If you write a review based on anything, it would be common courtesy to contact the author, however it is not always necessary. I have a found a number of reviews about Castle Doomsday and did not mind.
So please go ahead as far as Castle Doomsday is concerned. :)

EJF_Steel_Tooth
30th Nov 2002, 14:08
Thank you very much Data, I appreciate it, :)

TRWad
30th Nov 2002, 17:31
Originally posted by EJF_Steel_Tooth
Do you need permission to link to them on your site, Wadmerger, stripex and the other basic programs, do I have to ask someone if I can link to their download source? Or can I just go ahead and add them to my site?

You may HOST the latest wadmerger version. Please don't link to the download on my site.

ObsessiveAttitude
30th Nov 2002, 21:41
Thats weird. i was just gonna post this thread today... but it is already here. I was wondering who to ask if i want to host metasequoia.... or do i just put it up without asking?

EJF_Steel_Tooth
1st Dec 2002, 03:31
*bump* I got an answer so should you

MountainDewNut
1st Dec 2002, 03:37
Originally posted by ObsessiveAttitude
Thats weird. i was just gonna post this thread today... but it is already here. I was wondering who to ask if i want to host metasequoia.... or do i just put it up without asking?

I've seen it on several sites, so I'm sure that it won't be a problem if you host it. If you feel that you still need permission, email the author at o-mizno@mba.sphere.ne.jp.