PDA

View Full Version : Small question about driving the boat:

ShredZ
29th Nov 2002, 05:29
Well, I just started getting into this game recently, so far I think its a sweet game, although very hard at first - 2 hours to complete 2nd training mission :eek:

So now Im at the second bonus mission on 'hard' difficulty and I cant seem to drive the boat fast enough to finish in time... in fact Im not even close, double clicking the boat somewhere drives slightly faster than single but Im only making it about 60% complete... which leads me to believe there MUST be a way to speed that thing up! Enlighten me please. :o

Its funny posting such a simple question, I read all the other posts and noticed ppl asking the same questions over and over mostly about mission 1 & 2. And here I am trying to get the boat into 5th gear...

EDIT: I just checked, Im only given 2 minutes to complete the course. Also, I havent installed the patch.

Mike_B
29th Nov 2002, 06:29
Use the shift button.

4Eyes
29th Nov 2002, 07:27
You can steer the boat with the cursor keys. If you hold the shift button, you'll go in high speed (same as double-clicking) but control is much tighter with the cursor keys, so you should be able to make it. I haven't tried it on Hard, but I did it on Normal and made the course easily.

ShredZ
29th Nov 2002, 08:54
Woohoo! Thx fer the fast replies, I basically couldnt play the game until I got an answer here b/c there is no way to skip the mission (plus I didnt want to). By holding the shift key the boat goes another notch faster than just double clicking a direction, and using the cursor keys made it so easy it only took me one try with 10 seconds to spare... White Death here I come! :D

PS: Is this the main C2 forum page? This game is only 2 months old isnt it? and already it seams the community is not very large, am I wrong? Perhaps b/c its more just a single player game it doesnt drag as many ppl to forums, not sure...

Thx again for the intel. ;)

1shot1kill
29th Nov 2002, 10:02
Actually you could skip it by going to the mission menu and selecting mission 3.

And @m the lik to the patch in your sig is dead.

Mike_B
30th Nov 2002, 09:58
Originally posted by ShredZ

PS: Is this the main C2 forum page? This game is only 2 months old isnt it? and already it seams the community is not very large, am I wrong? Perhaps b/c its more just a single player game it doesnt drag as many ppl to forums, not sure...

Thx again for the intel. ;)

Acutally it's 1 year and 2 months out :) that explains why there aren't so many people around.

Originally posted by 1shot1kill

And @m the lik to the patch in your sig is dead.

Working fine here :confused: perhaps someone else can check it?

ShredZ
30th Nov 2002, 21:28
Oooooh, that explains it. That so wierd that I never heard of C2 until recently when my friend said it was definitely worth checking out, Im glad he did.

Just finished White Death last night... I was up till 5am playing - the only part I had trouble on was when it came down to destroying the turrets on the destroyer - I thought you had to plant explosive thru the doors on the upper deck, not down below. Once I figured that out I got to the 3rd bonus level and saved my game. The timer said it took me 2 hours to finish it, but that doesnt include the extra 2 hours of doing something, dieing, then doing it again, dieing... etc etc. :D