PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts - Online Game Ideas

member_10803802
4th Jun 2012, 19:35
I've been thinking about this for a while but I think the Kayblade War would be a great way for KH fans to compete with eachother and explain a great backstory of the series.

Like you could play beginning as a neutral keyblade wielder and either take the dark path or light path, etc. with the graveyard being a PvP battlefield and when your not your discovering the world pre-collapse.

Just curious about other opinions. I for one wouldn't mind fighting other people head on.

member_10072276
4th Jun 2012, 21:38
100% agree with you on that, it would help set the background for the keyblade war. IF Square Enix decides to do that i would love to help them out in anyway.

member_10691345
4th Jun 2012, 22:02
Yeah, if they make mainstream FF titles MMO, why not make a KH game MMO?

member_10706344
4th Jun 2012, 22:42
I've been thinking about this for a while but I think the Kayblade War would be a great way for KH fans to compete with eachother and explain a great backstory of the series.

Like you could play beginning as a neutral keyblade wielder and either take the dark path or light path, etc. with the graveyard being a PvP battlefield and when your not your discovering the world pre-collapse.

Just curious about other opinions. I for one wouldn't mind fighting other people head on.

I dont think disney would allow a MMORPG. But i like the idea.

member_10074094
4th Jun 2012, 22:43
They shouldn't have made mainstream FF games into mmos. Final Fantasy Online and FFO2 would have been better than FFXI and FFXIV.

"The Keyblade War" would be ok for an mmo, but KH# would not. The main series should, like FF should have, remain a story-driven experience with a focus on single player campaign.

And I would not play a KH mmo. a hotbar for abilities is not Kingdom Hearts to me. It is not the same as playing Kingdom Hearts with friends: it is playing another WoW and Everquest clone set in the KH universe, with uninteresting quest lines for "story". Taking away the key gameplay mechanics is, in my opinion, an insult to a game series if it shares the same title (I am very worried about The Elder Scrolls Online, and SWTOR was also a dissapointment). The idea of playing Kingdom Hearts Online is appealing to most, but you would lose your sense of being the hero because everyone else is doing the same thing as you, and the gameplay would simply not be KH

EDIT: If you are just interested in fighting other players, a pvp fighter setting would be better, closer to Dissidia (but again, while I would play this because this game would actually be fun, it would not be Kingdom Hearts gameplay at all. It is hard to move a combo-intense system into a pvp setting... being staggered for a long period of time because you got hit by a long combo is "anti-fun" and would not work in a pvp situation).

member_10637174
4th Jun 2012, 23:55
I AGREE

Automaton
5th Jun 2012, 00:38
As much as I like the series, I wouldn't be interested in a full scale MMO, especially PvP-based.

Kingdom Hearts, while it does have its themes of light and darkness (enough to make even Star Wars jealous), seems to build more on the theme of co-operation as a main point. The threat of a Keyblade War is a driving force behind the conflict, but if it was really that important, we'd have heard about it in the first game.

member_10770952
5th Jun 2012, 08:26
As much as I like the series, I wouldn't be interested in a full scale MMO, especially PvP-based.

Kingdom Hearts, while it does have its themes of light and darkness (enough to make even Star Wars jealous), seems to build more on the theme of co-operation as a main point. The threat of a Keyblade War is a driving force behind the conflict, but if it was really that important, we'd have heard about it in the first game.

yeah! you're definitively right! that was i was thinking about bbs

NiiChan
5th Jun 2012, 12:11
I think KH III should come out now and forget about FF Vs XIII...

member_10803802
5th Jun 2012, 18:13
True I forget how hotbar heavy MMO's can be I was mostly thinking series like Phantasy Star or just keep to the standard control scheme, but make the universe online. Like keep it faced paced, your attacks happen when you want them too but make it so you can explore the world and learn the lore and the story. Not making it PVP based until you travel to the PVP zone, which would be the graveyard.

member_10074094
5th Jun 2012, 20:26

No. Stop making handheld kh games. Get Versus 13 out. then focus on kh3.

member_10803802
15th Jun 2012, 16:19

No. Stop making handheld kh games. Get Versus 13 out. then focus on kh3.

Well if a KH MMO was on a handheld that'd certainly be a first lmao.

member_10074094
15th Jun 2012, 21:28
the point I was trying to make is that, if they weren't CONSTANTLY making handhelds for KH, the team could focus on V13 and move on to KH3 sooner. The Versus 13 team IS the KH team, and the reason for the delays is pretty obviously because of the number of games they are all working on. While the handhelds where probably developed by more of a mixed team (not exclusivley the Versus 13 team), the fact that Versus 13 members are on the teams at all leads to delays. They have been prioritizing handhelds instead of major console installments.

member_10803802
15th Jun 2012, 23:59
I know where your coming from. That was my irritation for a while then I realized that maybe they simply want to tune the system just right so while they're perfecting and even waiting for an engine supporting what their planning they're expanding upon the universe in numerous ways. I know that the versus team is the KH team, which I won't lie, has been annoying in my eyes as well especially since It's been Versus for what more than five years?

member_10813590
16th Jun 2012, 19:24
I agree with this matter because it seems most likely alot of people would love to play it, but I hate online so if it does come to that I most likely won't play it.

member_10078668
16th Jul 2012, 15:13
I'd play a Keyblade War MMO just to watch everyone die at the end. I mean, all those Keyblades in the graveyard means whatever happened was epically huge and that interests me.

member_10628951
18th Jul 2012, 19:30
They shouldn't have made mainstream FF games into mmos. Final Fantasy Online and FFO2 would have been better than FFXI and FFXIV.

"The Keyblade War" would be ok for an mmo, but KH# would not. The main series should, like FF should have, remain a story-driven experience with a focus on single player campaign.

And I would not play a KH mmo. a hotbar for abilities is not Kingdom Hearts to me. It is not the same as playing Kingdom Hearts with friends: it is playing another WoW and Everquest clone set in the KH universe, with uninteresting quest lines for "story". Taking away the key gameplay mechanics is, in my opinion, an insult to a game series if it shares the same title (I am very worried about The Elder Scrolls Online, and SWTOR was also a dissapointment). The idea of playing Kingdom Hearts Online is appealing to most, but you would lose your sense of being the hero because everyone else is doing the same thing as you, and the gameplay would simply not be KH

EDIT: If you are just interested in fighting other players, a pvp fighter setting would be better, closer to Dissidia (but again, while I would play this because this game would actually be fun, it would not be Kingdom Hearts gameplay at all. It is hard to move a combo-intense system into a pvp setting... being staggered for a long period of time because you got hit by a long combo is "anti-fun" and would not work in a pvp situation).

This.

However if its anything like the battle system in BbS when people fought each other than count me in. I had too much fun wasting people in multiplayer.

bigbrenhart
18th Jul 2012, 20:28
Hey guys i had this idea, and might start working on it, kingdom hearts online, I want it to be a MOBA, Multiplayer online battle arena, It would work just like league of legends but with the shadows as minions on each side, all characters will have certain abilities and certain role, It will include all kingdom hearts major characters, (Good&Evil) I think this will get alot of support because everyone misses kingdom hearts and this will bring it back into the gaming world. also each character will have different custom designed costumes!, I think this will be an amazing game i hope square enix puts thought into this it will really help the kingdom hearts corporation

member_10751449
19th Jul 2012, 10:24
"everyone misses kingdom hearts"

What do you mean by that? We are getting Kingdom Heart 3DS this month and KH3 is around the corner after versus is done. We then also have a rumored birth by sleep volume 2 and KH HD collection.

tidusforeverx2
19th Jul 2012, 11:56
I don't mean to sound difficult but people need to stop trying to make games that are not meant to be online, online. And Kingdom Hearts is not Infamous. You would have to create multiple endings in order for a karma system to make any kind of sense, and that just isnt what kingdom hearts or final fantasy has ever been, to change that wouldn't be right. The only thing that could have any kind of online compatibility would be a leader board for gummi ship levels...

member_10803802
19th Jul 2012, 14:50
Thats what I was pretty much usggesting a KH online experience like the BBS system, with expected typical kingdom hearts control set up that would be a fun experience, only made online and full of people to face and a deeper world full of information.

member_10797487
9th Aug 2012, 22:58
the only thing people are missing is that it hasn't been on consoles since the first two games other than that there have been many games that have come out, what people really want is KH3 for there consoles putting anything new out in the series after we've been waiting especially if it doesn't tie into the story would just make people mad, but if you plan on doing this yourself then good luck to you

but if i remember from KH2 heartless act purely on instinct and will side with who ever is strongest so maybe you could work that in somehow,

but yeah i like that you enjoy the series and would like to mmake something youself to show that, but i have to agree with tidus in that not everything should go online but as you have said this is something you would like to do personally rather than have the company due it because at this time Square has just been making me mad that the games i really want haven't had any information so handhelds or ports to anything new at this moment just kind of makes me mad, but anyway good luck with this

guelitoxtarz
1st Mar 2013, 04:56
God bless ya all xo XD

it wold be awesome if Square Enix could make a Kingdom Hearts Online whit The Keyblade Wars Online where millions of players could join the light or dark side to wield a key blade , fight in a future keyblade war fight heartless... sorry for my bad english God bless :)

lino-x
1st Mar 2013, 10:41
Yeah sounds cool! but the seriese is still on going....It would be great if it is released after the conclusion!

devoidAffectu@gmail.com
1st Mar 2013, 10:42
God bless ya all xo XD

it wold be awesome if Square Enix could make a Kingdom Hearts Online whit The Keyblade Wars Online where millions of players could join the light or dark side to wield a key blade , fight in a future keyblade war fight heartless... sorry for my bad english God bless :)

Well we're are in luck because http://www.khinsider.com/news/Square-Enix-Reveals-KHPC-As-KINGDOM-HEARTS-chi-3205 :D

Ryutim
1st Mar 2013, 17:03
I don't think that's what he meant devoidAffectu, while the game you referenced is a computer KH game, it's not, as far as I can tell, a game about the Keyblade Wars. On a side note, does anyone know if the pre-order bonuses are for NA, or are they just for the Japanese release?

devoidAffectu@gmail.com
1st Mar 2013, 19:14
oh, then my apologies. :) but I did read somewhere that KHX (chi) takes place before the Keyblade War though. Though then again it could just be my imagination. *shrugs*

Ryutim
3rd Mar 2013, 15:30
I don't really know, but it'd be really odd for a game that comes before the Keyblade War to have special Sora and Riku cards, since neither Sora nor Riku had even been born before the Keyblade Wars, well, they might have been born, but they sure as heck weren't old enough to have attack cards, or whatever, be able to make a difference in the war (just think about it, "I activate the teething toddler attack card, it does 0 damage, but it annoys the hell out of you, and it can use the deadly, stinky diaper attack!", umm, yeah, gross, but not terribly effective.), not that it has to make sense, but it's a lot better if it does.

kingdomheartsrocks
3rd Apr 2013, 13:57
im a huge kingdom hearts fan an i think the should make a rpgmmo of kingdom hearts like star wars:the old republic and im posting this to see how many people agree

member_10520729
3rd Apr 2013, 16:07
I whole heartedly agree. maybe something based on the keyblade wars?

Ryutim
3rd Apr 2013, 16:40
I'm not really into MMOs, but if they make it good, then I'd look into it.

kingdomheartsrocks
4th Apr 2013, 11:34
I whole heartedly agree. maybe something based on the keyblade wars?

make the mmo based on the keyblade war

LiteratureNerd
4th Apr 2013, 12:40
Erm... I'm kinda torn see, I love love love KH and all of the platforms it's on (except maybe the DS) however, I don't think I'd go for a KH MMO it just wouldn't feel right... I dunno. I mean KH on the PC never seemed right for me it was always just playstation, and console oriented in my mind.

destruction7
4th Apr 2013, 12:41
There is already a Kingdom hearts MMO but only In Japan!.

Grimoire
4th Apr 2013, 13:59
This: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139243... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139243/29783833/KINGDOM_HEARTS_MOBILE)

Or this: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139243... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139243/29392403/KINGDOM_HEARTS_for_PC_browsers)

?

Roxas1985
30th May 2013, 16:13
There is a Kingdom Hearts-themed game on FaceBook, but it's not like the orignal games though....

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded Gummiship Studio (https://apps.facebook.com/khgummi/?fb_action_ids=4065887138737&fb_action_types=games.plays&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%224065887138737%22%3A10150170021897238}&action_type_map={%224065887138737%22%3A%22games.plays%22}&action_ref_map=[])

Mockers-
13th Jun 2013, 16:21
I am going to do an in depth detailed KH MMO based on the KeyBlade War in the past. I think after KH 3 Is completely accomplished an MMO would be an amazing game for this universe. The MMO won’t you be you’re traditional MMO though it will have limit of players like Destiny, Journey and etc does. It will be more large scaled but players will leave you’re game in and out randomly so it’s not overunned or laggy. Also there will be private areas and public areas. I know it's a long read but it's a good read.

-PLOT-

The plot takes place in the keyblade war. As far as I am aware the keyblade war was a quiet a while in the past way before Sora was born. We see in BBS that there is a keyblade graveyard and as you can tell there is thousands of Keyblades everywhere of the keyblade masters that died. We will start in this time period *unless there is fundamental flaws of characters not working due to the major stretch in time*. You will start out as your own customizable character picking class, race? And etc. It’s the battle between light and darkness and you can choose to realm the power of darkness or light. The choice is later in the game and this does not make you safe from darkness or light but as you make your choice down the line you can control darkness more if you choose to go that way. The main goal is to become a keyblade master yourself but it’s not easy at all and it will take a lot of time and even reaching max level will not have anything to do with becoming a keyblade master. Majority of the time you will wield a sword until you gain you’re very own keyblade. The quest is hard and rough for the keyblade but initially the end game content will be the keyblade war with the story intertwining it all together. You make choices until you gain you’re keyblade that define you as a dark or light player but it’s at the end when you finally gain you’re keyblade whether you choose to fight for light or dark fulltime.

*BTW this could take place in the past keyblade war or the future one whatever is more fitting*

-Gameplay-

The gameplay will initially be the same it will not take the traditionally *RPG MMO* style of gameplay. It will continue you to be hack n slash just as previous games. Obviously the hack n slash gameplay will be altered to fit into the PVP but initially it will feel familiar and won’t be an auto attack traditional MMO. More RPG elements will be added such as skill trees and etc. I will not go into further detail but points will be added and the previous RPG elements will return as well on top of all this.

-Worlds-

Disney worlds will return and more than likely the game will add some that have never been adventured before in previous games. If you do return to a previous world it will take place way before the events in a new way if possible. The game will feature a lot more new uniquely created worlds with their own whacky characters goals and etc. Also FF worlds will be introduced and etc. Towns will return and majority will be player HUBS. Meaning a ton of players will be in the town and you can group up with them and take on missions and chapters together.

-Multiplayer, quest, chapters and etc-

The game will be an MMO but it will take a couple systems and intertwine it. It will take Phantasy Star Online concept as well as Destiny and Journey system. Basically there is a main storyline you can follow through the worlds as side quest within the worlds. At any time when you’re playing in a world let’s say Alice in Wonderland in the public space players will be matched in your game on the go. Up to 50-100 players and you can group up to 10 players. The difference between Public and private areas is that the private areas will be with your group or players you met so it can tell rich storyline without being interrupted. The Public areas will have more people in them but still main chapters of the storyline can be told in the public areas. Quest can be found all over and are usually in public areas just like a typical MMO. There also will be random epic public events. As well as other rich content like raids and etc. The hub worlds are a great place to group up and take on chapters of the story that may be in private areas within the world that you need help on. Multiplayer is fundamentally co-op and PVP. When you get your keyblade and you choose light or darkness you will be on full time PVP. Before that you cannot be on full time pvp unless you flag yourself into pvp. There will be PVP arenas with typical game based modes with unique twist.

-Keyblade war-

Keyblade war is esstionally a pvp mode and overall concept. The keyblade war is over the x-blade and kingdom hearts. The Darkness vs Light keyblade war happens though and the player count is massive then you’re typical pvp arena. Its 50 vs 50 darkness vs light keyblade warefare. There will be darkness and light AI fighting in the battle to and the landscape will be huge and tactics and cooperation is needed. You can only fight in this mode if you have got a keyblade. This will play a big part though in different factors unknown right now. Winning will make an impact for your side darkness or light.

-Becoming a keyblade master, gaining keyblades and light and darkness-

Becoming a keyblade master has nothing to do with level cap but esstionally being a higher level is usually needed to complete the task and journey to becoming one. Becoming a keyblade master is an enjoying but aggravating experience. It’s almost like a whole other story and journey to gaining the keyblade. You can fail at becoming one and will have to restart the process but not lose everything you have gained to becoming one. Every journey is different and it will never be the same. Completing task, epic battles, finding equipment, completing training drills and journeys and failures are all apart of the quest. Becoming a keyblade master feels like taking on a whole other chapter and journey after hitting the level cap. Failure happens often and while some steps are not all restarted a lot of the main concepts have to be redone but the experience may be totally different and new this time around except for some of the main things. Although if you fail the steps that are not reset can stay and this helps you from having to redo everything. When going into this journey you will access new worlds, places and events you wouldn’t be able to access unless you were trying to become a keyblade master. Some places you may never ever see again after becoming a keyblade master. You pick a master to train under and this is where you pick whether you are going to be light or darkness full time. If you pick a light master you will journey through the light keyblade master quest while if you pick darkness master you will journey through the dark quest. When you become a keyblade master you’re domain to darkness or light will be full time now. You’re first keyblade will be the typical base keyblade and once you have it you can add customizable features to it to make it better. After you’re a keyblade master you can now go and search for other more powerful keyblades which can be customized and upgraded to your liking. As a keyblade master now you have access to new worlds, chapters, places, quest, modes and events basically your typical end game content.

-Equipment, modes sidekicks and etc-

You will find equipment all over the place items pieces like armor, crafting items, keyblade parts and etc. Keyblade parts will have attributes and a new style to the certain part of the keyblade. You can choose to hide the style though and just keep the attributes. Although the keyblade is the only customizable item or weapon. If you have a part and put it on your keyblade you can customize it’s looks more and colors. Armor and equipment you cannot. There will be different modes all over such as coliseum mode will be returning from Hercules. This time it will feature more game modes besides waves. The coliseum will be bigger not just a square and you will fight unlimited waves of darkness and try and set records. There is also a PVP mode coliseum mode but you cannot hurt one another. It’s 4v4 trying to see who can survive the longest in these waves. You can stun enemies by slashing them and revive teammates. More modes like this even beyond the coliseum will be accessible. You will be able to have one sidekick kind of like how Donald and goofy work but you only get one. There are ton of sidekicks to get and they are all customizable but share the same names regardless. There is a huge chapter and mission arc to acquire them and depending on which one you are trying to go for the chapters and missions can be different. You can have up to 3 sidekicks but only one in gameplay at a time. You can delete one at any time if you decide you want to make space for another sidekick but all the leveling you put into your sidekick will be lost. Also for some situations and modes sidekicks won’t show up. They are mostly use in PVE but in some PVP modes and open world PVP they are there. Also the town hubs will be where you can buy potions, items, skill, equipment and etc. You may also buy your own house in the town hubs and fully customize it. Only some town hubs feature buyable houses though.

That’s it for now I will try to add more later and fix stuff as I edit it. I have a couple more idea’s but this is what I have come up with. This is a real possible game in the future because square enix is no stranger to MMO’s via FF and I think KH will have a huge base to support it aslong as they stay true to the original gameplay mechanics. Please share your thoughts, ideas and I will add them if they sound good. I would personally love a KH MMO after KH3 production and I am sure many others would to.

Ryutim
14th Jun 2013, 15:06
First off, thank you for starting up this thread, I love the idea of having a Keyblade Wars MMO. Second, I don't think that you should be forced into PVP once you choose your side (light or dark), I've played some MMOs, and am deeply into SWTOR at the moment, but I'm not comfortable doing PVP in the open world, I've almost always gone with a PVE server and only battled other players in duels and pvp arenas/events, or whatever you like to call them (it changes depending on the MMO, for instance, SWTOR calls them warzones, but they're all essentially the same thing). I really like your idea for a big keyblade war mode (the 50 light vs. 50 darkness thing is a bit daunting, but it sounds like it could be kinda awsome), but it should be just that, a battle mode/event/arena/whatever, it should be big and involve some really massive areas, but you shouldn't happen to run across a massive battle like that when you're just going around finishing quests or whatever. I like the idea of doing a bunch of quests to become a keyblade master, but I don't think that it should have to start after you hit the level cap, I've got nothing against postgame content, quite the contrary, I really enjoy being able to continue playing after the main story is done, but I think that becoming a keyblade master should be a part of the main storyline, even if you don't actually accomplish it until almost the end of the game, and I also think that you should be able to gain more levels when the developers create an expantion, so that you can keep getting stronger and feeling that sense of accomplishment that comes with it. One of the things I really like about SWTOR is that you keep getting quests as you go along, not having to journey around wondering what to do next, and moreover, the quests are calculated to let you keep gaining levels, so there isn't a level gap between one set of quests and the next, meaning that, if you did the last set of quests, you'll always able to handle the next set (at least where levels are concerned), which has been a big problem with most of the other MMOs that I've played. I have an idea for another mode, it's basically a more advanced version of the space battles in BBS, the ones where you ride your keyblade vehicle (I don't remember what they're called), but rather than riding like you're on an invisible floor, you'll actually be able to steer your vehicle in any direction, and this option would work for pretty much any kind of pvp game mode, although I think they'll need some more attacks than the few that were available in BBS. One last thing, if possible, I'd love it if this game could be free to play, the actual money market in SWTOR seems to work really well, it allows you to buy all sorts of upgrades, unlockables, and bonuses, but there really isn't much that you can't unlock just by playing the game, nothing all that important anyway, you can still subscribe for, well, I actually didn't bother to check, I'm set on only using real money to buy extra character slots and maybe access to the expantion pack, but I'm sure that subscribers get all sorts of bonuses and access to stuff that the FTP players have to buy individually from the real money market (I think it's actually called the cartel market or something, but whatever). Anyway, my point is that the FTP model works, and it'd be awsome if this KH MMO used it.

Steampunk225
3rd Jul 2013, 18:20
These ideas are great and I would like to add on to it. There could possibly be multiple classes ( Ventus's fast attacks, Terra's slow attacks, Aqua's Magic, Sora being all around, Riku's ability to change into ansem, organization XII Members ability to summon limited lesser nobodies) and alot more! Also race system Nobody, Heartless, and Human. And lastly new keyblade masters.

DeepBlueJoseph
5th Jul 2013, 11:17
By chance do you have anyone on board yet for a team or are you just posting ideas just to post them?

Ryutim
5th Jul 2013, 16:02
If you're asking me, then I'd have to say that I'm just posting ideas for the heck of it, although if any of these ideas happen to get into the game, then I'm glad I could be of help, and even happier to be able to play the game with the changes I suggested.