PDA

View Full Version : thief 2 patch proB!

leoaamro
29th Nov 2002, 01:19
hey there...
i have thief 2..v 1.07
i installed this patch to update thief to v1.18 but after installing it when i start the game i get this error..invalid CD in the drive,if not patched everything works fine..can i please know the method to correct that!
thnx
bye

Vanguard
29th Nov 2002, 01:43
Are you sure that you are inserting the *second* CD of the 2-CD Thief 2 set?

LeatherMan
29th Nov 2002, 03:06
Originally posted by leoaamro
i have thief 2..v 1.07
i installed this patch to update thief to v1.18 but after installing it when i start the game i get this error..invalid CD in the driveNot sure what version of Thief 2 you have, but I suspect that it is the UK Premier Collection. If so, the patch will not work without a hack. Go here: How 2 Patch Thief 2 (http://www.mseyre.freeserve.co.uk/How2patchThief2.html)

Thorin has done a nice tutorial on how to patch it. ;)

newk007
10th Dec 2002, 01:36
Alright I've had a problem with this before, so I'll tell you how it worked out for me.

I bought Thief 2 in a box that had been distributed through "red ant enterprises" and the game had extra software on the cds. The version was 1.07, and because I always look for patches as soon as I buy games, I went on the net to the "Eidos" website and downloaded the patch from there. After trying to install the patch, the patching program tells me that it has found errors or something. It doesn't install properly, and the game doesn't work.

The extra program on the CD runs when you turn autorun on on the CD, and it says "sold-out software", and it's like a little menu where you can look for hints, tech support, etc. So, I searched around their website to see if they had any patches for Thief 2. And what do you know, there was a patch for version 1.07 to 1.18. After downloading that I found that the actual patch file was an extra 9-10 mb larger than the official patch. Guess that's because of the different version. So I re-installed the game and installed the patch and the game worked.

That particular website is www.sold-out.co.uk , so that might be a place to go to look for it.

-edit- the dash between "sold" and "out". Thanks Leatherman!