PDA

View Full Version : choosing platforms.

wade
29th Nov 2002, 00:29
Should I go PC or PS2 with this game? I've got both.

AODfreak_967
1st Dec 2002, 22:16
I think you should go for PS2, thats what Im going for (mostly cause I have a T&L support card which isn't good enough to play it on PC) plus for PS2, you won't have to worry about somthing wrong happening like you loose all your saves, or your computer brakes, or you get a very bad virus. So I'm going for PS2, saying so I remember reading on a PSM magazine that even on PS2 you can download new stages of off it and new clothes and stuff due to the new PS2 online experience.

P.S Just to let you know I have both the PC and Playstation version of Tomb Raider Chronicles:D. So if ya want you should go for both of them.

Snickrep03
2nd Dec 2002, 03:04
Well it really depends on what the specs are on your computer. To play angel of darkness, you should have at least a Pentium4 or 3 processor, at least 256mb or higher, and and a graphic card with 64mb or higher that supports directx 8. If your computer is not good enough for aod, then go with a PS2 version. I would go for a PS2 version, since you do not need any extra hardware to play the game. I just pre-ordered it for pc, but I am also getting a new pc. A dell with a geforce4 ti4200. Oh, changed my mind again :) No mac for me. Sorry for all those mac posts. :)

DaveJ
2nd Dec 2002, 08:46
The PS2 version of the game will be more expensive than the PC one.

A T&L card will support the game.

AODfreak_967
3rd Dec 2002, 01:31
A T&L card will support the game.Quote Originaly posted by DaveJ

Yeah I know it says that it will work on a T&L supported computer, but when I contacted the Intel(R) company they said that mine was an older version and that it will only simulate a T&L card so boo hoo to PC:p .

This is the E-mail that he gave me:

Hello Brad,
Thank you for cantacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

The Intel(R) 82845 Graphics Controller does not perform Transform and Lighting functions by hardware, It will rely on software for these needs. Some games will require video cards that perform transform and lighting by hardware. If this hardware feature is not dected, then these games will not run. No driver can solve this issue, since the game is looking for a hardware feature that is not present on the Intel(R) 82845G/GL Graphics Controller Chip which you have.

Lady in Black
3rd Dec 2002, 17:56
How 'bout both?:p

AODfreak_967
3rd Dec 2002, 22:46
Originally posted by Lady in Black
How 'bout both?:p

What do u mean by: How 'bout both'

Lady in Black
4th Dec 2002, 01:10
You know, both for PC and PS2.
Twice the game, twice the fun. That's my motto for today.:p

markmi123
4th Dec 2002, 06:43
I have geforce4 ti4400 and p4 1.6
My main question: will AOD look graphically better on systems with similar specs to mine (geforce2 and up, p4), or on the PS2?

As far as crashing is concerned, it never has been a big enough problem to take away from the fun of the tomb raider games, so I think AOD should be far superior on the pc, mostly for graphical reasons.

markmi123
4th Dec 2002, 06:47
Originally posted by Snickrep03
Well it really depends on what the specs are on your computer...No mac for me. Sorry for all those mac posts. :)

Really now....you thought of getting a MAC if you were going to play ANY pc games?!!!

sbp
4th Dec 2002, 10:30
Originally posted by markmi123
I have geforce4 ti4400 and p4 1.6
My main question: will AOD look graphically better on systems with similar specs to mine (geforce2 and up, p4), or on the PS2?Great videocard. http://sbp777.homestead.com/files/thumb.gif Nice cpu. The answer is PC.