PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: A New Beginning :-: Anyone interested?

Miss Croft
28th Nov 2002, 22:05
STORYLINE
Lara has been kidnapped! There are no clues, no ransom, no nothing. All that's left is a single black rose. It's up to Lara's cousin - 16-year old Faith - to find Lara and stop an evil far worse than imagined...

INFO
I'm making a full length game with the works but I'm gonna need some help. If you're interested then read on!

NEEDED
I'm gonna need some help with this...
+ Level Makers (x4)
+ Graphic Designers (x2)
+ Wad/Outfit makers (x2)
+ VO's [voice overs] (depends) [see a later post for lines]
+ Music maker (x1)

CONTACT ME
If your interested, contact me...
MSN/Email= staciwinters@hotmail.com
ICQ= Staci-15
AIM= Staci Xtreme

THE LOGO SO FAR...
I am well aware it's very bad and I'm sorry but I can only link to it so...
http://mysite.freeserve.com/fctranb/images/0-picture.jpg?0.7406659378440991

QUESTION
Should I make an official thread thing? I'm going to be making a TR site soon anyway so I could post it on that? Any ideas?

dhama
28th Nov 2002, 23:34
Hi Miss Croft,
I would be interested in composing the music, but I must insist on doing it a particular way. In order to capture the right atmosphere for the levels, I'd need to see almost finished examples with saved games just preceding the scene or flyby where the music will appear. This way I can determine how the music should flow and how long it should play for.

Snickrep03
29th Nov 2002, 15:26
Hey, nice idea for a level. But I am not sure about the cousin thing. I really think you should change that to a friend in search of lara croft. Anyways I am interested in the graphic designing. What would you want me to do though?

Kurtis Trent
29th Nov 2002, 16:36
What kind of voice overs would you need? (male, female, young, old) I'd do some if my voice fit the part.:)

Miss Croft
29th Nov 2002, 18:37
Originally posted by dhama
I would be interested in composing the music, but I must insist on doing it a particular way. In order to capture the right atmosphere for the levels,....

OK, well I'll get in touch when I've finished the title scene etc. if you're stil interested!

Originally posted by Snickrep03
But I am not sure about the cousin thing. I really think you should change that to a friend in search of lara croft. Anyways I am interested in the graphic designing. What would you want me to do though?

I've taken that on board. Instead of a 16-year old, she's now a 19/20 year old but I would still like her to be related to Lara in some way. About the graphix thing, probably help making the logo and pictures etc. I can tell you more when it comes up but right now I need the logo.

Originally posted by Kurtis Trent
What kind of voice overs would you need? (male, female, young, old) I'd do some if my voice fit the part.

I'm not sure yet but so far...
+ Faith {taken}
+ Guy who's gonna help Faith (around 25ish) {open}
+ Sidekick to evil guy (also around 25ish) {open}
+ Evil guy (special effects) {taken}
+ Winston (you know who he is :p) {open}
+ Guide (not important so any) {open}
+ Evil person (can be guy or gal) {open}
+ I'll post more as they come...

Trangel
29th Nov 2002, 19:33
I'm doing a project too. but i can't do just 1 thing.
so i'm gonna help out with yours
I will like to create the logo and outfits.
and maybe some levels.
Is that okay.

Miss Croft
29th Nov 2002, 19:50
Originally posted by TRANGEL
I'm doing a project too. but i can't do just 1 thing.
so i'm gonna help out with yours
I will like to create the logo and outfits.
and maybe some levels.
Is that okay.

Cool! Maybe we can co-manage/produce the game? I've already had some people asking to make the outfit so if I post here how I would like it to look, anyone can at least have a go and I'll pick the best!

OUTFIT
+ Denim Shorts
+ White Crop Top
+ Necklace
+ Big Belt
+ Holsters etc.
+ Hiking Boots
+ Belly-Button Ring
+ White socks

HEAD
+ Basically same as Lara's (trying to make it easier for ya!)
+ Blue eyes
+ Pinker lips
+ Black, long hair
+ Preferably hair down if you can do meshes

BUT...
If you think you have a better idea then go ahead and make it and maybe I'll use it instead! Just send a pic of the outfit to my email up ^^ there ^^

lara_croft_AOD(danny.k)
29th Nov 2002, 21:30
il do the outfit, what did you have in mind?

Snickrep03
29th Nov 2002, 21:41
I can pull off a russian accent. :)

GeckoKid
30th Nov 2002, 00:02
can't help but i do suggest (MUCH) smaller breasts and wider waist...

Trangel
30th Nov 2002, 00:40
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/trangel/faith.bob

thanks to alias for the head mesh

Kurtis Trent
30th Nov 2002, 03:20
That outfit is awesome TRAngel!!

EJF_Steel_Tooth
30th Nov 2002, 07:24
I'm only 14, but I would love to do a voice over. If you want I can e-mail you a sample of me saying a line of your choice.

eTux
30th Nov 2002, 18:36
I'd love to make some levels if I had more info to that what I'm subscribing for ;) (like: what enviroment choices do we have?, how many levels shall we make?(I'd personally wouldn't want more than 3, cause that's not very realistic in my case), must we wait till the wads/textures are done or can we make our own and so on) If you don't want to post this in public you can send me a PM and I'll think about it :)

Miss Croft
30th Nov 2002, 19:49
2nd attempt at this message as I accidentally closed this window before :mad:

Originally posted by EJF_Steel_Tooth
I'm only 14, but I would love to do a voice over. If you want I can e-mail you a sample of me saying a line of your choice.

Ok, if you want to audition for a VO then email me (staciwinters@hotmail.com) saying the lines below. If you're a/Can do a...

+ Young Girl: Excuse me but can I help you?

+ Older Girl: Watch your tone, man, unless you want me to break your arm!

+ Young Guy: Hey! I'm stronger than you think! C'mon - me and you - outside - NOW!!!

+ Older Guy: Don't count on it pip-squeak, this is gonna be one long trip...

+ Old Person (eg Winston): Excuse me ma'am but your motorbike appears to have crashed through the window...

Here is my outfit etc...

Wow!!!:eek: That's really good! Could you send it me somehow so I can try it out on a level? My email's ^^ up there ^^. Thanks t you and alias! BTW, other people can still make outfits and I'll pick the best but I'm gonna need more outfits as well like camaflage (sp?) and stealthy (like Lara's catsuit but not a catsuit if you get my meaning :confused: )

Originally posted by eTUX
I'd love to make some levels if I had more info to that what I'm subscribing for (like: what enviroment choices do we have?, how many levels shall we make?(I'd personally wouldn't want more than 3, cause that's not very realistic in my case), must we wait till the wads/textures are done or can we make our own and so on) If you don't want to post this in public you can send me a PM and I'll think about it

Well, because me and some other people are still working on a storyline I'm not sure what levels will be needed yet. For some levels, you can make your own textures and WADs but some will have to be specially made with special WADS and textures etc (I'll probably do them ones)

Any more questions??? :p

Miss Croft
1st Dec 2002, 19:16
VOICE OVERS cont....
I'm also gonna need voices for these people....

+ Lara (need I explain???) {OPEN}
+ Younger Brother (around 12/14ish) {OPEN BUT NOT FOR LONG}
+ Guide (gal or guy, age doesn't matter) {OPEN}
+ Librarian (guy, relatively old) {OPEN}

I'll post more as they come!

CHECK OUT
Check out the 'logo for now' (until I get a better one) upthere as well as my question!

Snickrep03
2nd Dec 2002, 12:59
I could play the Younger Brother. I am 14.

Miss Croft
2nd Dec 2002, 19:22
Originally posted by Snickrep03
I could play the Younger Brother. I am 14.

Well if you email me with the line then I can decide who the younger brother will be coz I've already had quite a few entries for him!

Alias
3rd Dec 2002, 20:19
Oh! Oh! can I try the outfit for the cousin!? I'ed love to give a whirl at it :D

_______
Alias 56

ObsessiveAttitude
3rd Dec 2002, 21:30
Im kind of slowly working on a stealthy outfit..... i dont know when it will be done as i have other committments

Alias
3rd Dec 2002, 22:35
I made the outfit but a message comes up when I try to load it into the LE it says someting like "Could not allocate memory objects obj_sprites" What do I ned to do to fix this?

________
Alias 56

Kurtis Trent
6th Dec 2002, 03:42
Miss Croft, im sorry I havent got the try out to you yet, i've been pretty busy, but it'll be there soon;)

Alias
6th Dec 2002, 03:55
Is "Lara" voice actor still open? I can do Lara's voice quite good :D

________
Alias 56

MountainDewNut
6th Dec 2002, 04:33
thanks to alias for the head mesh

that would be my headmesh. ;) (on my alias outfit)

Alias
7th Dec 2002, 19:30
I think she understod ;)

_________
Alias 56

Miss Croft
7th Dec 2002, 19:30
Originally posted by Alias
Is "Lara" voice actor still open? I can do Lara's voice quite good :D

Yes, it is!

Originally posted by MDN
that would be my headmesh. (on my alias outfit)

Well, thanks to you then! :D

Alias
7th Dec 2002, 19:35
Originally posted by Miss Croft
Yes, it is!

Ok, lol. When do you need me to start?

_________
Alias 56

Miss Croft
8th Dec 2002, 13:54
Originally posted by Alias
Ok, lol. When do you need me to start?

Just send me an example of your best lara voice to staciwinters@hotmail.com and i'll get back to you!

EJF_Steel_Tooth
8th Dec 2002, 16:42
When are you going to tell us who is doing the voices?

Miss Croft
9th Dec 2002, 18:59
Well, I've not filled up all the characters yet

Alias
9th Dec 2002, 19:11
Sorry I havent sent the sound track thingy yet, but I've got a lot of brothers and they laugh a lot when I recored my self as Lara. So I'm waiting till they get outa the house, but if that dose not happen soon I'll just do it any way... Is there a time I should send it? (Once I recored it)

________
Alias 56