PDA

View Full Version : Dear developers - Thank you for adding Stereoscopic 3D!

TheoCF
14th Sep 2018, 21:12
Hello,

I've come here just to say a very big thank you to the developers that stuck behind an forgotten tech - stereoscopic 3D. For us few remaining fans it's very hard to get good 3D compatibility by hacking drivers for games that don't officially support the feature and the results are mediocre at best. The stereoscopic 3D implementation in SOTTR is one of the best I've seen to date!

But that's not all. It is the only content that I've had the pleasure of viewing in 4K HDR 3D. Bluraymovies are either 3D or 4K HDR. Games that support both technologies are non-existent because by the time HDR was a thing for games, sadly, 3D was no longer one.

I'm one of the few people who hunted down the 3D HDR TVs of 2016 and always wondered what 3D HDR would look like, since the lower brightness caused by 3D glasses would be compensated by HDR peak brightness in theory. Lo and behold, the day has come when I can run 4K HDR 3D content and gaze at the sheer beauty of this masterpiece. I can't stop looking around, entering photo mode, looking at lights and shadows, it's stunning! Absolutely stunning. I'm saddened only by the fact that I can't get all my friends to come and see what I'm seeing right now and I can't just post it on FB because you can't simply share 3D HDR photos ;-)

Nevertheless, I say this once more and I hope from the bottom of my heart that this message reaches the right people - you have done a visually stunning job and, to my knowledge, a technological first - 4K HDR 3D.

Mind you, I can play this on highest settings in 4K HDR with 3D enabled on a GTX 1070. Sure, it's around 30 FPS, but hey what did you expect from a 2K GPU running HDR 3D in 4K? Congrats on the performance as well, congrats on the Dx 12 performance ... congrats on everything. And thank you.