PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix Store Not Shipping Pre-Orders in Time for Early Access

Valenka
10th Sep 2018, 16:22
Okay. I hate being that kind of customer, so apologies in advance, but I'm literally so frustrated, I can't even form coherent thoughts.

I preordered the collector's edition of Shadow of the Tomb Raider back in April and chose Super Saver Shipping (5-10 days) at checkout, because it was the cheapest shipping option. I didn't know why Square Enix offered multiple shipping options for preorders, because in my experience with other retailers, preorders are shipped to arrive on the release day, or close to it; with that being said, I didn't think it mattered which shipping option I selected and I wasn't about to pay $35 for overnight shipping if I didn't have to.

Fast forward to the end of August and I got an e-mail telling me that they'd be billing my credit card and shipping the order. I reached out to SE Store support via e-mail to inquire about the shipping method and whether or not Super Saver Shipping would get me release day delivery. I was told that they ship out preorders a week in advance to ensure release day delivery. Good, but weird. If that's the case, then why bother offering multiple shipping options of various pricing?

My credit card was charged 4 to 5 days later and now we're 2 days away from the Early Access launch and the order still hasn't shipped. Last night I reached out to SE Store support via e-mail again with screenshots of the e-mails I've sent and received regarding the order and requesting a status update. Since the promotion is that preorders get 48 Hour Early Access, I should be getting my order on the 12th. That's the promotion, that's what was promised. If preorders are supposed to get the game on the 12th, then why does it matter which shipping option is selected?

Not to mention the fact that there is ZERO information on the SE Store that advises customers which shipping option to select to guarantee release day delivery.

I called the SE Support number and spoke with a representative who told me that I won't be receiving my collector's edition until the 14th, but on the 12th I'll receive a digital copy as part of the early access promotion. I'm not calling him a liar, but I think he's GROSSLY misinformed. There's no way SE is going to send me a digital copy of Shadow of the Tomb Raider and then send my collector's edition with a physical copy. That doesn't make any sense. With other games like Forza, with early access, you're able to get your physical copy early. I've never been given a free, second, digital copy of a game just because of an early access promotion.

Now I have to wait for someone to respond to my e-mail because the SE Store does not have a support phone number; the number I called is general customer support and they have nothing to do with the SE Store. This is just ridiculous. $200 and I'm not even being given the early access as promised. Unless by some magic, it gets shipped out today with two day delivery, I won't be playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider until the end of next week and this is unacceptable. I should have just passed on the collector's edition and got the Croft Edition from Best Buy.

I've been a Tomb Raider fan for 20 years, but I will never order from the Square Enix Store ever again.

Lara_Fan_84
11th Sep 2018, 19:57
I'm sorry that happened to you. I ordered mine from amazon and I can't see amazon sending it to me two days early. Reason being, as you stated, amazon may not get it until release day then I'll get it whenever I get it. Maybe if you preordered at a store you would get it two days early? Unless they're entire intention was to give early access customers a digital copy as their two day early access then send the physical copy, pretty much as you already figured out. That's crap though really. If I was to get an early access I'd rather have the stuff I preordered instead of a digital version. Heck by the time I get my actual game I would probably win it with the digital which would pretty much be pointless to play by that time.

I preordered the Croft Steelbook.

Honestly if that was the original intention of giving us a digital copy for early access I wish they were honest with us from the beginning, but they probably just wanted their preorders more I guess.