PDA

View Full Version : New Game Plus

dark7angel
15th Aug 2018, 18:26
This just in:

Expand your game play with New Game Plus. Once a player has completed Shadow of the Tomb Raider, they unlock the ability to play through a mode with all-new features.

In New Game Plus, the work you*ve done will carry over into your next play-through. This includes:

All Skills Acquired
Weapons
Outfits
Equipment Upgrades
Gear
New Game Plus also unlocks three new Paths that Lara Croft can master.
Choose your unique path based on your playstyle.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/5964ce54289affb641657170299efd70/tumblr_inline_pdhfspFIXE1qij4lt_500.png

Path of the Serpent
You gameplay features an emphasis on stealth and subterfuge. Take down your foes one by one, using sound and decoys to sow chaos among their ranks. Mud and camoflague lets you lash out your foes before slipping back into the shadows.

Path of the Jaguar
Your gameplay features an emphasis on hunting and combat. Strike down your enemies with an unrivaled ferocity. Your agility and close-ranged prowess tear through your enemies with knife takedowns.

Path of the Eagle
Gameplay features an emphasis on traversal and resourcefulness. Observe your enemies from afar, scouting out to plan your next attack. Traverse with ease, attacking enemies from long range.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/23c251bb786b6c8995f5ab8d61d94e10/tumblr_inline_pdhfmvL7qK1qij4lt_500.png

Rewards
Each chosen path will unlock a variety of exclusive rewards that further compliment your playstyle and gameplay.

By selecting a path, you*ll unlock mastery skills featuring a variety of unique new abilities. From Jaguar Rage to Eagle Sight, each skill expands your game play.

On top of new skills available, chosen Paths feature unique themed weapons and outfits that further take your game.

Learn more about New Game Plus and Shadow of the Tomb Raider when it launches on September 14th, 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC/Steam.

Source (http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/177029947394/expand-your-game-play-with-new-game-plus-once-a)

Rai
16th Aug 2018, 00:37
Hmm, interesting. I think I may try out Path of an eagle. It seems the least directly confrontational.

dark7angel
16th Aug 2018, 13:32
^Me too. I might also try Path of the Serpent because I like a stealth approach to combat.

Metalrocks
16th Aug 2018, 15:25
i guess i will have a mix between stealth and observation. it depends to me on how much room the hub allows me.

a_big_house
16th Aug 2018, 16:51
But does this mean that we can't go back and collect items once we've finished the story?
It seems silly to be able to collect everything, just to then start NG+ with nothing left to collect :scratch:

Tihocan
17th Aug 2018, 00:37
I like an NG+ that adds to the game, rather than just starting over with what you have.

AdobeArtist
21st Aug 2018, 16:36
I like an NG+ that adds to the game, rather than just starting over with what you have.

This is an innovative new take on the NG+ model, adding that extra dynamic of customization. I know I'll take the Eagle Path first, the traversal and parkour exploration has always been my favorite aspect of the games. Then very likely Serpent Path after that.

GOOD JOB CD!! :thumb::gamer:

dark7angel
21st Aug 2018, 16:45
GOOD JOB CD!! :thumb::gamer:

You mean Eidos Montreal! ;)

AdobeArtist
21st Aug 2018, 17:06
You mean Eidos Montreal! ;)

D'oh!!! :o

Actually, is Eidos Montreal the rebranding of Crystal Dymanics consisting of the same creative team, or a separate studio? In which case what is the ol' CD working on?

dark7angel
21st Aug 2018, 17:07
D'oh!!! :o

Actually, is Eidos Montreal the rebranding of Crystal Dymanics consisting of the same creative team, or a separate studio? In which case what is the ol' CD working on?

CD is working on an Avengers game I think.

Valenka
26th Aug 2018, 17:56
But does this mean that we can't go back and collect items once we've finished the story?
It seems silly to be able to collect everything, just to then start NG+ with nothing left to collect :scratch:

I think you'll still be able to collect everything again. With other games that offer NG+ that's how it works. Collectibles and things of that nature do not carry over to a New Game Plus save, so you're able to collect them again.